msbatka
Dec 11 2008, 06:11 PM
To everyone joining or renewing PDGA memberships for 2009...

The PDGA offers clubs like the Madison Area Disc Club (MADC) something called the PDGA Affiliate Club Program.

Old way of joining/renewing...

I complete a membership form and send it to the PDGA along with a check (made payable to "PDGA"). The PDGA keeps 100% of my money.

Affiliate Club Program way of joining/renewing...

I complete a membership form and mail it to the MADC or drop it off at Glide. My check is made payable to "Madison Area Disc Club." Cash works too. The club then mails in a big batch of membership forms and a single check made payable to the PDGA. In return for easing the PDGA's administrative burden, the club gets to keep $5 for each membership it processes.

I helped the Great Lakes Disc Golf Club in Greater Milwaukee with this program last year. We were able to get almost half of the local PDGA members to join/renew through the club.

If you're joining or renewing for 2009, please do it through the club. This is a great fundraiser that costs you nothing and keeps $5 of your PDGA membership here in Madison.

A tentative deadline of January 6th has been set. I will contact the PDGA and determine when they need to process our memberships in order to ensure that club members receive everything from the PDGA in a timely manner.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Mike