zbiberst
Dec 08 2008, 09:36 PM
so i know that doubles and matchplay are categorized under x-tier events, but im sure there are more singles events and such as well. what is the situation with ratings and x-tier events? are x-tiers sometimes rated or never? i guess im just looking for some explanation about x tier events and what they are for and what they do and dont accomplish.

evandmckee
Dec 09 2008, 04:17 PM
best answer is to contact David Gentry at [email protected], or just call the office at 706-261-6342

I know that I'm having an Ice Bowl that sells mulligans for the charity so it will be an XC tier under the Competition Endowment Program, no ratings but player will get points

I would guess that the use of non-basket (object) courses would also fall under X tier, I can't think of a format that would normally be an X tier that would be rated, but the office or Gentry would know the answer

wsfaplau
Dec 09 2008, 04:19 PM
You can get an X classification for tourneys that don't completely follow normal rules.

For example if you want to mix ams and pros together for the 1st round you can get it classified as an XB tier instead of a B tier. Ratings are still the same.

I believe it is just a way to let folks know everything might not be completely as they expect them to be.

Another example... if a tourney doesn't play as many holes as usually required. I believe Kiss The Sky in Aspen is XB since its 2 rounds of 22 holes and I believe more holes are usually required.

Bottom line is something is different so if you want to play, be aware.

cgkdisc
Dec 09 2008, 04:37 PM
It's assumed that X-tier events won't be rated unless the TD requests it based on the reason for the X-tier. Events with glow rounds are X-tier and rated for example. Other examples where ratings can be done including ones mentioned before would be unusual payout processes (winner in each division takes all) and even single disc challenges. Of course, Super Class is the new one for 2009 and those ratings will be separate from your regular PDGA rating.

zbiberst
Dec 09 2008, 04:43 PM
great, thanks everyone for the information that makes alot of sense now.

dobbins66
Dec 16 2008, 11:13 AM
I just played in an XC event a couple weeks ago (Played it last December also). It will be rated and is classified as an "X" event because the majority of the baskets are homemade. Fun event but have to pay attention on ALL putts. I took pics of some of the targets.