unwrinkledear
Nov 26 2008, 01:56 PM
why is the teepad on #13, the long flat desert hole, the shittiest one on the course? it's pretty much the one teepad that needs to be decent since it's the longest hole, and yet there is a 3 inch gap between pieces of rubber that happens to be right where you need to step to throw. a long piece of crappy carpet (like the threw down in the scrub 6 months or so ago before the city made em take out those extras) would even be preferable.

I just dont get it: theyve got a very organized club, lots of good volunteers, run a great monthly, etc. But the most important teepad on the course is garbage.

[censored] - i said i wasn't going to mention that half the baskets are crooked too, whoops.

rizbee
Nov 29 2008, 12:36 PM
So I guess you're volunteering to lug a rubber pad out there to replace it? I'm sure that when the Horns start prepping the course for the Wintertime Open in Feb. they'd be glad to have some help. In the meantime, tee off from the side of the bad rubber pad or behind it. The 6-8 feet shouldn't make that much of a difference on such a long hole.

unwrinkledear
Jan 27 2009, 12:17 AM
i would absolutely volunteer to install a new pad out there (please tell me that i dont half to replace the current one chopped into three parts with another one chopped into three parts)
there's plenty of work to be done volunteering at all the courses in our area, and since i actually won 'volunteer of the year' at the ice bowl last weekend, sarcastic conjecture about the lack of effort i'm willing to engage in on behalf of discsports in our area is misplaced.

csrenda79
Jan 28 2009, 02:22 PM
Sounds like if you are willing to do the work, then all that is left to do is raise money for the teepad. I would suggest that you get in touch with the TD and see what he wants to do, there should be some way that you can raise those funds during the tournament.