JohnLambert
Nov 17 2008, 06:55 PM
Well your rounds are probably official by now, and without the benefit of being able to see "unnofficial" round ratings it's not going to be easy to predict ratings this time, but I'l give it a shot anyway.

So......I'm predicting that I go from 929 to 942.

I've been working on my rating predictor since last July and I think it's over 99% accurate now, provided I enter unnoficial ratings that aren't too inaccurate.

I had to guess on round ratings for 2 tournaments, but made an educated guess using the old PDGA rating calculator.

If you'd like to check out my predictor email me:
john at disctribution.com

frisbeeguy
Nov 18 2008, 09:43 AM
I don't ever know what the new rating is going to be...I've been slumping for the past couple years. As far as figuring it out...nope - I'll just wait & be surprised. A couple more points & I'll be able to play am for the first time after 20 years playing pro!
Go PDGA, Go!

cgkdisc
Nov 18 2008, 10:32 AM
Ratings processing is on track for posting next Tuesday. Last night, I completed course layout processing for a record 258 events for this update which will include USWDGC, US Masters and USDGC (which some asked about). Now Roger does the massive database crunching. The rest of our team will then check for possible errors in the first ratings pass later this week.

If you see an event with a gold cup by it on the schedule, the results are listed as "Official" on its scores page and there are no ratings, that means your event is being processed for this update. If it's listed as "Unofficial" then the PDGA doesn't have the results from the TD yet.

johnbiscoe
Nov 18 2008, 11:19 AM

hallp
Nov 18 2008, 11:28 AM

Jroc
Nov 18 2008, 11:50 AM

Richard
Nov 18 2008, 11:58 AM

JohnLambert
Nov 18 2008, 12:01 PM
Here's a screenshot of what the predictor looks like.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/l3asturd/GRP.gif

hallp
Nov 18 2008, 12:03 PM
Well your rounds are probably official by now, and without the benefit of being able to see "unnofficial" round ratings it's not going to be easy to predict ratings this time, but I'l give it a shot anyway.

So......I'm predicting that I go from 929 to 942.

I've been working on my rating predictor since last July and I think it's over 99% accurate now, provided I enter unnoficial ratings that aren't too inaccurate.

I had to guess on round ratings for 2 tournaments, but made an educated guess using the old PDGA rating calculator.

If you'd like to check out my predictor email me:
john at disctribution.com

where is the ratings calculator? i know theres a formula but i just havent seen it since the update on the web site!

JohnLambert
Nov 18 2008, 12:07 PM
I downloaded it to my computer before the old site went down.

rollinghedge
Nov 18 2008, 12:12 PM
Hmm...I should have written down the ratings for the only tourney I played since the last update. Both were lower than my current rating, so I know it's gonna drop. C'mon <970! :eek:

hallp
Nov 18 2008, 12:20 PM
SO it looks like rusty pappas will be rated 975 :D

sorry but i can read through your blurr. and i know all of the tourneys he plays in lol

go rusty 975!!!!!!

RustyP
Nov 18 2008, 12:28 PM

sorry but i can read through your blurr. and i know all of the tourneys he plays in lol

go rusty 975!!!!!!

:eek:
No cheating, Phil!
Hooray 975 :D

See you at Piney Woods...

hallp
Nov 18 2008, 12:46 PM

go rusty 975!!!!!!

No cheating, Phil!

SEE YA THERE oh yeah and dont let little dalton beat you down there! its his first open tournament!

RustyP
Nov 18 2008, 01:17 PM

go rusty 975!!!!!!

No cheating, Phil!

SEE YA THERE oh yeah and dont let little dalton beat you down there! its his first open tournament!

I'll try, but little Dalton Landnut's got some game from what I hear :cool:

ChrisWoj
Nov 18 2008, 02:32 PM
Depending on what is included with the update... if everything is included I should be about 978. Tiny increase.

Can't wait for next summer... my avg round since mid-May is 988. Gotta get last winter's crap rounds out of there.

vadiscgolf
Nov 18 2008, 04:30 PM
I'll be 956-960 from 948. As long as it keeps going up then it's alright with me! :D

the_kid
Nov 18 2008, 10:03 PM
I really have no clue this time but one tournament I played a few months ago isn't in and I shot like 1020 there and most of the others never had unofficial ratings so who knows. I did have 2 really bad 1st rounds at A-tiers but one may be low enough to get dropped but I'm guessing the other events will balance it out to about par.

So up/down 2 to 1006-1010 but I hope it is up. :D

JHBlader86
Nov 18 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm thinking I'll finally cross that 900 threshold and get to 905-910. Here's hoping!

gregbrowning
Nov 21 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking I'll finally cross that 900 threshold and get to 905-910. Here's hoping!

Me too. I finally get to drop several sub-850 rounds.

Don't have sure numbers for the Veterans Park Open, but I am guessing 905-912.

JHBlader86
Nov 23 2008, 04:45 AM

If anything kills me it'll be the Freeman Lake Open, and the 1st round at Nat's Halloween 25.

ChrisWoj
Nov 23 2008, 05:05 AM

I'm still 6 months from droppin' all my sub 950 rounds :( I'll give them to you if I want, don't even need to take your sub 850s off your hands ;) Just take my sub 950s!

AviarX
Nov 23 2008, 08:15 AM
972?

zaschenbach1
Nov 23 2008, 11:43 AM

cgkdisc
Nov 23 2008, 12:08 PM
Here's a fun question. It looks like Feldberg will only have the third highest rating in the world at 1039 once the final ratings are calculated. Who are the players at 1041 and 1040 ahead of him? Email me the correct two players in order and I'll email back what your rating will likely be this update. One guess per person and of course you'll probably find out the correct answer some time tomorrow if you didn't guess correctly.

Dana
Nov 23 2008, 01:23 PM
Nailed it

MTChristian
Nov 23 2008, 01:56 PM
Dang, two people over 1040 and neither one of them is Dave? I will wait in suspense. I'm hoping to break the 1010 mark for the first time, it'll be a very close call I think. Have the oddsmakers in vegas already put out a line on Lil Wig being the first 1050 rated golfer? :)
Dave's #1 ranking should still be secure though right? When do new rankings come out anyways?

cgkdisc
Nov 23 2008, 07:31 PM
I'll try to have the new World Rankings done before Thanksgiving. It will include the new ratings and the Players Cup results. As a clue, neither of the two rated above Dave will be ahead of him in the rankings. In fact one of them will not even be in the World Rankings.

blazinpat
Nov 24 2008, 01:28 AM
995?

cornhuskers9495
Nov 24 2008, 03:54 AM
McCabe and Nate, or Avery and Nate

1005?

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 09:15 AM
McCabe and Nate, or Avery

None of these names are in the top two.
I think we're running ahead of schedule so we're hoping to post the new ratings before the end of the day.

drmontei
Nov 24 2008, 09:40 AM
Here's a fun question. It looks like Feldberg will only have the third highest rating in the world at 1039 once the final ratings are calculated. Who are the players at 1041 and 1040 ahead of him? Email me the correct two players in order and I'll email back what your rating will likely be this update. One guess per person and of course you'll probably find out the correct answer some time tomorrow if you didn't guess correctly.

Jesper Lundmark and Steve Rico?

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 09:42 AM
Yes to Jesper only.

drmontei
Nov 24 2008, 09:43 AM
how about Jesper and Anthon?

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 09:50 AM
The 1040 is a player who has finished 2nd at a major championship during this century.

drmontei
Nov 24 2008, 09:56 AM
last try how about jesper and kenny?

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 09:59 AM
Nope. Number 2 will be a surprise to many but not to the top players he's faced in the past.

drmontei
Nov 24 2008, 10:02 AM
randolph

HGF
Nov 24 2008, 10:13 AM
Darrell Nodland

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 10:22 AM
Bingo.

xterramatt
Nov 24 2008, 10:24 AM
998?

Not thinking I jumped to 1000 again, but my round average is up since Worlds.

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 10:28 AM
Looks like the new ratings are up.

cornhuskers9495
Nov 24 2008, 10:58 AM
If they are,looks like no one has moved...

does distance have coralation to rating?

xterramatt
Nov 24 2008, 11:00 AM
sweet, 999 is better than 998.

I'll need to play great at Tupelo to move up to 1000.

cornhuskers9495
Nov 24 2008, 11:03 AM
I played in SD state championships and they have RD 1 and 2 mixed around. I'm wondering if distance has anything to do with it.

First round was a par 54 course at about 5000 feet.

Second round is par 60ish at over 8000 feet. I'm just wondering why I shot the hot round by 7, 2nd round posted as first round, and only got a 1030 rating. I thought it might have been closer to a 1050+ round...

When you get a second, can you look into it Mr. Kennedy?

You can post here or PM me, thanks

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 11:26 AM
The TD has R1 as a 6600 ft course, R2 at 5700 and R3 at 8200 and all are 20 hole layouts. For ratings, these will act like courses 10% shorter to get an 18-hole equivalent. Nothing looks out of line ratings-wise assuming the TD report is accurate.

johnbiscoe
Nov 24 2008, 11:32 AM
can someone provide a link to the entirety of the ratings or do you currently have to search by individual?

how many rounds get double weighted again?

circle_2
Nov 24 2008, 11:33 AM
Where does one find the ratings these days? Main page?? While I know mine hasn't changed, I'd like to check out my competition...
Thanks for all your hard work, Chuck! :cool:

cornhuskers9495
Nov 24 2008, 11:35 AM
Where does one find the ratings these days? Main page??
Thanks for all your hard work, Chuck! :cool:

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 11:43 AM
I don't think Theo has completed work on the ratings section display and to look them up by state or division, etc. I think that's coming after he finishes work to get course updates done online like before. For now, you have to look up individuals. However, a trick way to look up a bunch of people you may want to see is to look up events they were in because their new rating is shown for everyone on every event. So you could look at the USDGC and see all the new ratings for those top players or a big event in your state for your locals.

bruce_brakel
Nov 24 2008, 11:54 AM
Looks like the new ratings are up.

For some. :p ;) Kiralyn is all the way up to 844. Woo-hoo. :D

JohnLambert
Nov 24 2008, 12:09 PM
Man I was way off guess. The old PDGA calculator was more than 10 points off the official round ratings. Bummer I can't believe none of my Coyote Classic rounds broke 990. I really thought they were higher considering all the high rated players I beat. As far as unofficial vs official rounds, they were off by only a few points either way.

So I went from 929 to 939. bah

RhynoBoy
Nov 24 2008, 12:52 PM
So who are the top two rated players?

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 12:53 PM
Read this or the Announcement thread.

dobbins66
Nov 24 2008, 03:36 PM
At least I'm consistent - Four straight ratings updates with an increase of exactly 6 points each time. Might not be good but I'll take that.

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 03:39 PM
Only four more years to become top rated in the world then... :D

RustyP
Nov 24 2008, 03:54 PM
Man I was way off guess. The old PDGA calculator was more than 10 points off the official round ratings. Bummer I can't believe none of my Coyote Classic rounds broke 990. I really thought they were higher considering all the high rated players I beat. As far as unofficial vs official rounds, they were off by only a few points either way.

So I went from 929 to 939. bah

You were really close on mine...

Predicted rating: 975
Actual: 973

Thanks!

ChrisWoj
Nov 24 2008, 04:42 PM
Depending on what is included with the update... if everything is included I should be about 978. Tiny increase.

Can't wait for next summer... my avg round since mid-May is 988. Gotta get last winter's crap rounds out of there.

Well, like I said I go up if everything is included. The last two events were not, and so I remain 976. Can't wait to get that 1040/1007 split from [email protected] in there! I did get a bit of a raw deal on Back to the Hills: the two rounds' ratings were combined, when in reality inclement conditions made the 2nd round distinctly a different play. I could have sworn I included that in the TD report.

I believe that's how its supposed to work, isn't it? If conditions make one round different from the other, in this case a 2 stroke swing in SSA I think, they're supposed to be kept separate? Or was I misinformed? Not really a criticism or a complaint, just making sure I have this correct. It could all be my fault, I may have forgotten to include it in the TD report.

xterramatt
Nov 24 2008, 05:37 PM
The other 1040 rated player is Darrell Nodland. He's a locavore. He only feeds on local pros. :)

AviarX
Nov 24 2008, 05:59 PM
Chuck,

I won my first B tier (Masters division) at the Pieradise Open (http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=7723) in Peru, IN August 24th, and the results are up but my ratings don't include that event (the only recent PDGA rounds i have played since the last update). Did the stats for that event go into this rating update? As my most recent rounds are double weighted i was particularly looking forward to this update until ... :confused:

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 06:13 PM
The other 1040 rated player is Darrell Nodland. He's a locavore. He only feeds on local pros.

Except for 2004 USDGC... www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=4038#Open (http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=4038#Open)

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 06:35 PM
Did the stats for that event go into this rating update?

C'mon Rob. Do you really not know how to determine that by now? ;) Put your mouse pointer on the little yellow cup for the event listing and what does it say? This is new little twist that will make it faster to determine whether an event has been reported to the PDGA or not. If there's no cup or the yellow cup says Unofficial Tournament Results, then it's likely there's no report at PDGA yet. If it just says Tournament Results, then the results are official. Now we just need a way to indicate if there are official ratings there or not. But at least today, all official results have official ratings.

(It's my understaing Mr. Pier is "computer challenged" but supposedly he was getting help to do the report, but apparently not yet.)

okcacehole
Nov 24 2008, 06:43 PM
the ratings over time graph gets cut-off now with the new update and you can't view all of it

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 06:44 PM
I believe that's how its supposed to work, isn't it? If conditions make one round different from the other, in this case a 2 stroke swing in SSA I think, they're supposed to be kept separate?

What happens is Roger runs the rounds separately and then has a procedure compare SSAs on the same course. If the difference is less than 2.0, the rounds get combined, even if there's a note. If it's more than 2, then each round will be processed separately. The player ends up with the same average rating for both rounds if they played both.

AviarX
Nov 24 2008, 06:58 PM
Did the stats for that event go into this rating update?

C'mon Rob. Do you really not know how to determine that by now? ;) Put your mouse pointer on the little yellow cup for the event listing and what does it say? This is new little twist that will make it faster to determine whether an event has been reported to the PDGA or not. If there's no cup or the yellow cup says Unofficial Tournament Results, then it's likely there's no report at PDGA yet. If it just says Tournament Results, then the results are official. Now we just need a way to indicate if there are official ratings there or not. But at least today, all official results have official ratings.

(It's my understaing Mr. Pier is "computer challenged" but supposedly he was getting help to do the report, but apparently not yet.)

for how long has the 'roll-your-mouse-over-the-yellow-cup' trick worked? and why would i roll my mouse over that tiny yellow cup [ /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif] unless i was informed that doing so revealed information about whether the event results are official or unofficial? okay so the times they are a changing and rolling your mouse around -- i suppose -- is now the bomb? :D

Alan at the event announced he had help lined up for the virtual TD stuff ... maybe he just meant the online scoring & planned to mail in the hard copy? is it the TD report or the round results you need? if the latter i can call and will offer to drive up and help ...
the last time i submitted an electronic TD report i thought everything needs to be in within 30 days (i always make 7 days my limit as the longer you go the harder it is to do / remember) ;)

so when is the next update? and if you find time -- what would my rating be now if those results were official?

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 07:29 PM
The mouse rollover is brand new. I was just sharing.

I don't have anything to do with getting reports or knowing if they have been sent other than as TD of my own events. Contact Alan first since the PDGA office apparently doesn't have them.

ChrisWoj
Nov 24 2008, 09:33 PM
You're positive that thats a new thing? I could have sworn rolling over the trophy had always said "Official" or "Unofficial." Also thanks for the info concerning the two rounds.

cgkdisc
Nov 24 2008, 10:02 PM
Maybe it wasn't new but apparently was a secret only accidentally discovered... until now.

JHBlader86
Nov 25 2008, 01:00 AM
I finally crossed into the 900 territory with 910. May not seem a big deal to any of you guys but as someone with no natural athletic skills and must constantly work to improve their game this is huge! I think I'll grab a beer!

ChrisWoj
Nov 25 2008, 01:12 AM
<-- no natural athletic skills. Getting to 950 is easy if you practice putting. We've got a local over 940 who throws 250 with a Destroyer, frequently misses fairways badly, and almost falls over on his follow-through. Just practice.

JHBlader86
Nov 25 2008, 01:52 AM
I'm so wrapped in school though that I rarely get to practice, and now that winter is here I fear my game will go to shiz.

JohnLambert
Nov 25 2008, 02:16 PM
I'm so wrapped in school though that I rarely get to practice, and now that winter is here I fear my game will go to shiz.

Practice putting on your lunch! Trust me, it's cool. :D

I'm staring at that poster you have in your sig. It's my life motto.