Drew32
Nov 17 2008, 05:02 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has asked the question, when playing a new course, who was the designer? I think it would be helpful for up and coming DGC designers and others to know this to give us some insight. So how about adding the name/names of the designers to the information on each courses.

johnbiscoe
Nov 17 2008, 05:05 PM
i would like to see designer info included in the directory as well. there was some discussion of potentially doing it a while back but i don't recall the outcome (other than it obviously ain't in there).

sandalman
Nov 18 2008, 06:04 PM
there is often controversy concerning who the designer was/is. on many local courses, design is by committee. having the course designer is interesting - i believe it should not be part of the pdga site, but if some other entity wishes to take it on and be responsible for any errors and ommissions and territorialism that results, then go for it and good luck :)

cgkdisc
Nov 18 2008, 06:13 PM
No more fields are available the way the database is currently set up. Some designers have included names in the course description. It's too bad there's not room for up to two names which might be something like Bob Zarocky and Pinetoppers DG Club so it's not just individuals mentioned. I'm hoping that database issue may be able to be addressed down the road once more pressing issues are handled with the new website. If not, then I think our course designers group might just do it on our own wiki site at some point. Several of the designers have listed courses they've designed or consulted on but it needs to be much better organized.

gnduke
Nov 19 2008, 12:19 AM
There is also the question of how long a course remains "as designed" and how long the original designer's name is applicable. It would also be interesting to know who made a course possible. Who put in the years of working with the parks department and city officials to get permission for a course to be installed.

krazyeye
Nov 19 2008, 12:21 AM
West Guth in Corpus is a Houck course but has been stretched by locals to the point it may not matter.
I get the feel still though.