President - Keith Baker
Vice Pres - Joe Minella
Treasurer - Brian Paschal
Secretary - Laura Karshis

Executive Committee:

Ruben Campos
John Arick
Carlos Molina

It's time to start thinking about year-end business. We are now accepting nominations for officers for 2009. Nominations will be open until November 30th. Nominations will not be accepted from the floor at the meeting.

All current board members are eligible for reelection, assuming they want to run again. If you would like to run for office, PM me, email me, or see me at a Sunday mini.

I am thinking about a cookout/annual meeting in December, possibly in conjuction with the final bag tag challenge. More on that event will be coming soon.

If you want to know more about how the club is structured, see our Charter on lodga.com under Club Info.

We exist to support and promote the sport of disc golf. If you would like to be part of that, we welcome you.

krazyeye
Oct 30 2008, 12:35 AM
3C is looking to get more organization. Would you folks care to share your wealth of knowledge?

DISConnected
Oct 30 2008, 08:59 AM
Sure. I recommend you start by looking at our Charter and Articles of Association on the lodga website (see Club Info). They were pieced together from charters of very successful clubs across the country. Those two documents define how the club will function.

Put together a charter that works for you, then get it ratified by your members. Identify the individuals who can lead the movement. Hold elections, and off you go.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if I can help in any way.

DISConnected
Nov 17 2008, 07:31 PM
Dont Forget, Just two weeks left to throw your hat into the ring for elections to 2009 Board of Directors.

If you want to help lead LODGA in 2009, this is your chance.

We are not big on meetings, we would rather be playing. So we keep meetings to a minimum. This is not really a huge time commitment. Three or four meetings a year to plan out the coming season. If you've got ideas and energy, run for office!

sciencet_cher
Nov 18 2008, 12:13 AM
I throw my hat in for the board.

JerryChesterson
Nov 18 2008, 09:53 AM
Dont Forget, Just two weeks left to throw your hat into the ring for elections to 2009 Board of Directors.

If you want to help lead LODGA in 2009, this is your chance.

We are not big on meetings, we would rather be playing. So we keep meetings to a minimum. This is not really a huge time commitment. Three or four meetings a year to plan out the coming season. If you've got ideas and energy, run for office!

When is the best time for me as a club member to asking questions about the club?

DISConnected
Nov 18 2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks James for your willingness to step up.

The best time for questions and input would be the year-end meeting which is not yet scheduled, but will take place in December or January. Once we have a date, I will post it here.

JerryChesterson
Nov 18 2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks James for your willingness to step up.

The best time for questions and input would be the year-end meeting which is not yet scheduled, but will take place in December or January. Once we have a date, I will post it here.

Thanks!

CGPRush
Nov 26 2008, 01:38 PM
Updog,

How about a brief description of the duties of the various positions:
President, Vice Pres, Treasurer, Secretary, Executive Committee.

That way people would have a better idea of what they might be getting themselves into.

DISConnected
Nov 26 2008, 01:49 PM
Good idea.

All that is spelled out in the Charter - Bylaws Six and Eight.

(click here to view charter) (http://www.lodga.com/lodga%20charter%20and%20bylaws.htm)

DISConnected
Nov 26 2008, 02:18 PM
Looking at January 3rd or January 10th for the annual meeting.

Just a few days left to submit your name for a leadership position!!

DISConnected
Dec 23 2008, 05:33 PM
The club meeting will be on Saturday, January 10th, 2009.

Place: TGI Friday's, 410 at McCullough across from North Star Mall
Time: 5pm

We will have a private room. Appetizers will be provided, so please send me a PM or post it here if you plan to attend so we can get a head count.

DISConnected
Jan 05 2009, 09:45 AM
(bump)

Don't forget, club meeting this Saturday, 5pm. The meeting should last about an hour and a half.

If you have not already, please send me a PM or an email to RSVP so we can order the right amount of food.

DISConnected
Jan 10 2009, 09:32 PM
Great turnout tonight, thanks everyone who took the time to come. Board members elected for 2009:

President Keith Baker
Vice President/Treasurer Brian Paschal
Secretary Laura Karshis

Executive Committee: James Pellman, Corey Peschke, and Paul Taylor

Paul was elected in spite of the fact that he missed the meeting because the greeter did not tell him where we were. He thought he was at the wrong place, so he left. Nice try, but he cannot get out of it that easily.

Also thanks to outgoing committee members John Arick, Carlos Molina, Ruben Campos, and VP Joe Minella for their service.

Looking forward to a great year in '09.

Grog
Jan 11 2009, 03:07 PM
Congratulations to everyone and a tip o' the mug to a successful year for LODGA.

opereida
Jan 25 2009, 01:03 AM
How much is club membership and how can I join?

DISConnected
Jan 26 2009, 11:45 AM
New members $20, Renewing members $15. Membership form is on lodga.com. Mailing in your form is probably best.

New members will receive a club shirt and bag tag.

For 2009 Only, renewing members will also receive both shirt and bag tag. In future years, it will just be a bag tag.

(Shirts and bag tags are not printed yet, but soon!)

opereida
Jan 27 2009, 01:10 AM
Cool....Thanks. I'll be joining LODGA also this year. ;)