Oct 19 2008, 11:49 AM
Wow, I was playing in the 28th Fall Open at Otter Creek outside Louisville, KY this weekend and Jesse "Butter" Reid had 3 aces.
I was in his group for all of them. He actually had a practice ace before the tournament started giving him 4 on the day. Each hole he aced was around 200', short holes yes but aces still. The 2nd and 3rd were back to back. Besides all of that, he played very well too, winning the tournament pulling away.

So... My question to you is... What is the record (if anyone knows) of the most aces in a day at a tournament? I'd think he at least tied it.

Way to go Butter!!!

cgkdisc
Oct 19 2008, 01:31 PM
Seems to me there's was an Advanced player at an Indiana event (Homie's?) maybe 4-5 years ago that had 4 aces for the event but maybe not all in one day. However, it looks like he may have tied the current official PDGA World record posted here: www.frivolist.com/records.htm (http://www.frivolist.com/records.htm)

Most aces in one tournament� Individual
3 John "Stretch" Beckwith @ Crooked Creek Classic in Chapin, S.C. April 17+18-Round 1-Hole#2 (the first hole of the tourney)/Rd 3 #10 & 12
3 Carlton Howard @ 1993 NC states @ Cedar Hills DGC.(plus another on his first practice hole on Sat)

Dana
Oct 19 2008, 05:29 PM
Dave Kociba Michiana Open in 04 or 05. 4 Aces over two days. He also had back to back aces. Not sure if he had 3 in 1 day or if it was 2 and 2.

wsfaplau
Oct 19 2008, 09:34 PM
At the Conifer Fall Classic in CO during the weekend of the USDGC John Stevenson stepped up to the 7th tee, the ctp hole and hit an ace. He asked his group if they wanted him to clear it. Mike Randolph was next and put his ace in on top of it. Walking up to pull their discs they were startled to see a disc kick off a tree on hole 8 and slam the chains and stay in for a black ace. That is 3 "aces" in the same basket at the same time.

Amazing.

krupicka
Oct 20 2008, 10:02 AM
Kyle Burnside (#27714) hit a pair of aces on two blind holes in the first round yesterday at IOS #6 (Holes 7 and 13 at Fairfield Park in Round Lake, IL).

baldguy
Oct 20 2008, 10:29 AM
I have personally had an ace covered up by another ace on the same card. There was also a metal hit on the same card. The group behind us walked up, asking what we were all shouting about.

It wasn't a tournament... It was a semi-casual round though, our club's regular doubles get-together. By semi-casual I mean that there's no money nor sanctioning involved but we keep score and play by strict rules. So, we weren't taking multiple throws on each drive... the aces were legit :)

Jebb
Oct 27 2008, 07:25 PM
months back in Atlanta, I hit a tourney ace on a ~270 footer - then another guy in my group hits one about 4 holes later on a ~330 footer. Cool feeling to know you're part of something which rarely happens.

okcacehole
Oct 27 2008, 07:33 PM
My doubles partner and I hooked up on a card this Saturday on the morning round of the 1st Annual Mesquite Open. We have a standing split for aces and I aced on my 6th hole of the tournament...

I am now atleast paying him $200 from the $400 pot. 6 more holes and he aces also.

We still split but I made him earn it :)

twoputtok
Oct 28 2008, 12:36 PM
I was once in a tournament here in Tulsa and I was in the lead by 1 and teeing third on the card with about 4 holes to go in the final round. 1st guy hits the ace, goes and retrievs it then the second guy steps up and aces right behind the first guy, then its my turn...........needless to say I finished 3rd. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

veganray
Oct 28 2008, 12:40 PM
My very first tournament (Pyramids Doubles 2002), both members of the other team on my card in the final round (Vinny Steele & some other dude) aced. Sadly, neither was in the ace pot. Must've been quite the bummer. :(

circle_2
Oct 28 2008, 12:45 PM
Ken Franks aced a hole at Frontier DGC in Hays, KS - he was on the card in front of mine. Then I aced it. Then Coda hit the basket playing off of the next card. Nearly back to back to back! :cool:

Gimmie_tha_Roc
Oct 28 2008, 01:05 PM
At BG ams 2005 there were back to back to back on the little downhill dinker, it was #12 then, # 9 now. A guy in the group ahead hit it, then a guy in my group hit it and a third person behind us hit it. I thought that was one of the wildest things I had ever witnessed until the start of the fourth round of Nat's Halloween 2007... First guy steps up on 13 at Keriakas and skips off the pan, next guy smashes chains but ends up laying beside the basket, next guy blows up the chains for the only ace, then the fourth on the card shanks his drive and takes a 4. (Sorry Rudy)

Butter getting 3 aces doesn't really surprise me, he's got game!