ChrisEads
Oct 03 2008, 01:35 AM
Hey Im here at USDGC and it is amazing. Wouldnt want to be doing anything else besides actually playing in the tourney but it is still fun to see how the course should be played. And im very happy to say that i shot under par here and got an ace on hole 1 and having Billy Crump and Dave greenwell witnessing and signing my disc.
Now to the fun stuff. They have CFR Boss's with a couple different stamps to them one of the stamps is a joker stamp that is really cool and the colors on those is blue and a pinkish/purple.
And the second stamp is the Skull and cross bones that is the exact same stamp from the USDGC rocs. These come in the colors of pinkish/purple, blue, orange and yellow (the last two colors i cant guarantee as i only saw a limited number of them)
If you are interested in either of these I need to know asap so that I can pick them up. The price will be 20 a piece so either send me a PM or call me
The rocs that they have are the throwers from this past year which have the graffiti stamp on the san marinos and then the kenny thrower stamp on the rancho's they come in a variety of colors, they will be 25 for those.
Then they have a bunch of double stamp rocs and the coolest ones that i have seen are the double and triple stamp skeeter rocs from last years spectator release. and those will be 18 a piece and a variety of colors in those as well. So if any of that interests you please call me at 479-739-2266

Heath
Oct 06 2008, 02:56 PM
Just to put it in perspective how little respect our sport is given. Tonight at 9:00 on FSSW( Fox sports southwest) Best **** Rock Paper Sicisors World Championship! On FREAKING SPORTS TV. Our sport just culminated its largest, best run, most prestigous event to little or no national coverage and tonight the Roshambo championship of the world is on TV.

evandmckee
Oct 07 2008, 05:55 AM
****, I missed the Rock Paper Scissors World Championships :mad:

It all boils down to money, cost big bucks to get this stuff on TV, It's like pulling teeth to get one or two thousand dollars added in our local events, ten's of thousands of dollars in a very few national events

Our local Professional Stick Golf event, the Fort Smith Classic asks for 1 Million Dollars as a TV sponsor, it has never been on TV

Question is what do we have to offer major Corporations as players and a sport for them to offer the kind of cash it will take?

It doesn't make sense to those of us that experience this sport and know how good it is, we're still in a grassroots environment of just spreading the word about the sport, installing new courses, recruiting new players

at the same time, the first few Frisbee World Championships presented by Whamo gave away a new car to the champion and it was televised on ABC's Wide World of Sports

It's been a hot topic for the PDGA forever, Ultimate gets televised, we have to keep our head up and get all the exposure that we can, it seems like we need to get the CEO of Rolex hooked on Disc Golf though

sschumacher
Oct 07 2008, 09:01 AM
at the same time, the first few Frisbee World Championships presented by Whamo gave away a new car to the champion and it was televised on ABC's Wide World of Sports

<font color="red">Get real. Whamo!....Frisbee!...Brings to mind beach, surf, and babes in bikini's vs DG....Brings to mind, Jeff Spicoli, vans in parking lots that produce smoke signals when the doors are opened, and no Hooters girls. :( </font>

It's been a hot topic for the PDGA forever, Ultimate gets televised,

<font color="red">Duh???....Could it have anything to do with "more action", possible injuries, and a possible fight breaking out??? :o </font>

we have to keep our head up

<font color="red">Did you just offer to give head? :) </font>

<font color="red">Hey I like DG just like everyone else but I imagine it costs alot more to set up 18 quality network camera's on a course like Blackhawk not to mention the lighting and gallery access problems you would have. What DG needs is more danger Will Robinson. I'm talking cool stuff like land mines, bouncing betties and claymores for ultimate punishment of a bad shot. :cool:....Without that, watching DG on TV IMO, would be kind of boring. Call it "Survivor Disc Golf" and then everyone would tune in. </font>

ChrisEads
Sep 30 2009, 10:52 AM
Alright I am leaving today again for Rock Hill, Sc to play Winthrop as well as to see some of the best in the world compete for the biggest prize in this sport. I will try my best to keep everyone updated on Zack and my progress in the doubles tourney as well as how we do in the qualifier.
Again I will be buying some of the pre release discs that are only released here. I will put up what is being released and how much they will be and that way if you decide you would like me to pick you some stuff up. just let me know either by PM or cell (479)739-2266.

AlmaWillie
Oct 02 2009, 03:23 PM
Congrats to Eads and Asbury as they are sitting in 3rd place after the first round of the Doubles Championship!

Great playing guys!! Keep it up!!!

AlmaWillie
Oct 05 2009, 09:43 AM
Congrats to Eads and Asbury as they finished up 4th at the USDGC Doubles!!
Great playing guys, now get into the USDGC and make Arkansas proud!!!

evandmckee
Oct 05 2009, 02:17 PM
Good showing Arkansas!!

Rod07Ger
Oct 05 2009, 04:27 PM
not bad for a couple of local Fort Smithians !!!! :cool:

Just think they learned to play disc golf at Tilles, when they were young !!! :D

Maybe Fort Smith will produce a disc golfer yet !!!! :)

Rod07Ger
Oct 12 2009, 04:02 PM
:Again I will be buying some of the pre release discs that are only released here. I will put up what is being released and how much they will be and that way if you decide you would like me to pick you some stuff up.

Hey, Chris did you buy anything at USDGC that I might want ????

ps. your laptop must be broken because you were suppose to keep your local buddies informed of stuff !!!! :rolleyes:

ChrisEads
Oct 12 2009, 05:34 PM
The laptop worked just the hotel we stayed at didnt have free internet and I wasnt about to pay to get on there.
They didnt really release much this year
They did have pro boss's that I bought like four of those and then they released the star mako as well but I wouldnt waste my money on it.
And then of course they had the roc release and I bought a couple of those but I have already sold the inn color one and then I will prob be selling the three champ ones that I have on ebay.
So really there wasnt much to post about. Sorry about the lack of attention on this site but we had a great time playing and watching some great competition and look forward to going next year hopefully being qualified.

Rod07Ger
Oct 13 2009, 01:03 PM
Awesome, Chris it sounds like you guys had a good time and I wanted to be the first to welcome you home !!!! :)

Those rocs might be good raffle prizes for the "Battle at Bell Park" !!!! ;)

also it sounds like your game is on the verge of something special, so keep working and you'll get there !!!! :) :D :cool:

evandmckee
Oct 13 2009, 01:44 PM
I think you need the 01 back in the bag or a champ roc at least :D....what did ya throw ob on the playoff with?

ChrisEads
Oct 14 2009, 11:47 AM
I was just trying to lay up off to the right and so I pulled out my z stalker which I had put into play many times during the week. But of course it was near dark and the wind was very strong and as I released it, it changed to more of a head wind and my disc stood up and continued right out into the lake. I did end up getting it back though thanks to a guy named Charlie who rakes discs in. But again I fail to make it to the big dance. And the worst part of it all is I took a double OB 6 on hole 18 to end my -1 round so I really should have shot -3 but again I just couldnt finish the round. Just silly mistakes that I will be working to clean up with in the next year.

evandmckee
Oct 14 2009, 12:24 PM
see, shoulda thrown a Roc ;)

**** good showing though, next years state spot is up for grabs, same format as last year