serg
Sep 26 2008, 11:31 AM
I advise our university's disc golf club: Parkside Disc Golf Club (Kenosha, WI). As a public institution where most of our "major status" organizations receive a budget, we are left at raising our own funds and/or relying on donations. One catch for us: most of our members are VERY new to the disc golf scene. One good thing: we have 27 holes on campus with 9 more being installed in the near future. We have plenty of space to teach.

Questions:
- How have other college/small clubs earned money to purchase club discs, t-shirts, etc?
- What retailers/businesses have you used?

And finally...
Our club is looking at providing discs for our newer members to use. We will be talking to local golfers about the possibliity of donations of discs to be "checked-out" on a daily/weekend basis. Because we have only about $50 in our account right we are looking for donations. I do plan to look into Discraft's misprint packages. That would, unfortunately, deplete our funds.

Anyone (clubs, businesses, etc) that might consider donating just one or two discs to help us develop our newest members would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to contact me through the board and we can work something out.

Thank you for the consideration.