Silliman
Sep 21 2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks to everyone that has played on Wed,this week will be my last mini to run,Thanks to everyone<I'M DONE!! Discgolf will not miss me,for those that think I'm a jerk or whatever, you can have it!!!I've tried to do my part in the game.I will finish the new course and that's it,Contact the city of Mckinney if you have any question about the new course.Good luck to everyone

daltonseabolt
Sep 21 2008, 09:13 PM
Are you quiting the sport.

Pogis
Sep 22 2008, 12:39 AM
Ron, at least teach Dalton how to type a question before you go! :D

But yeah, are you????

See the question marks Dalton????

okcacehole
Sep 22 2008, 01:16 AM
BEFORE?

Ron, at least teach Dalton how to type a question you go!

:D:p

Pogis
Sep 22 2008, 01:37 AM
LOL! Fixed it! :D:D

baldguy
Sep 22 2008, 10:36 AM
Ron, I hope you just need some time away and will come back soon. Disc Golf has benefited from your presence.

oceanjones
Sep 22 2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for your time Ron. I have enjoyed it.

Pizza God
Sep 22 2008, 01:48 PM
We all need to take a break every once in a while Ron. I can't wait to see the new course in McKinney, thanks for pushing that though.

Silliman
Sep 22 2008, 05:53 PM
Dalton,I'm still going to play,just not give anymore. See ya!

my_hero
Sep 23 2008, 01:02 AM
God bless you Ron. It seemed like yesterday when we befriended each other in Waco in the mid 90's. You've done more for DG in more than one city than most others ever will. Maybe the new course will be done when i get back from Houston.....of course i could be Masters age when that happens too!

playtowin
Sep 23 2008, 02:49 AM
"God bless you Ron." Ditto... Take it easy Ron and thanks for all you've done. Now go play!

killamgreg
Sep 23 2008, 09:22 AM
Ron I just wanted you to know your Austin connection is always here for you brother. Much LOVE.

Big E
Sep 23 2008, 09:55 AM
It sucks when people that dont contribute complain and run down the ones that give so much! Keep your head up Ron!

demrick
Sep 23 2008, 07:15 PM
hey Ron, nothin but love from the funky side, come on over for some relaxation golf, I'll get the beer

daltonseabolt
Sep 23 2008, 09:56 PM
Ron and you know the seabolts are always there for you.Hope to play the new course soon.And you did a great job on helping put in the courses and everything else.Hope to see you sometime soon.

Thor
Sep 24 2008, 01:58 PM
No wonder Seahorse can play decent golf, he consistently skips out on ENGLISH! JEEZ boy get to sckewl :P

woote01
Sep 24 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks to everyone that has played on Wed,this week will be my last mini to run,Thanks to everyone<I'M DONE!! Discgolf will not miss me,for those that think I'm a jerk or whatever, you can have it!!!I've tried to do my part in the game.I will finish the new course and that's it,Contact the city of Mckinney if you have any question about the new course.Good luck to everyone

I feel ya Ron, I know what your feeling and it sux. The more you do the more that expected. And the people that expected only work their mouths and do nothing for the cause. They only have more ideas, tasks, and course maintance or installization (work/labor), but never willing to come out and do the real work. The discgolf community has burned out Brian, burned out Ron, and is well on the way of burning me out. NT DG is a bunch of know it all, want everything and do nothing a##holes. Of course this is big generalization so everyone don't take it personal and if you do you must be the one's I am talking about.

Thanks Ron for all your work for disc golf and thanks to all that come out and help make a difference. Peace!

demrick
Sep 24 2008, 07:14 PM
IMO
one charity tourney cured any of my aspirations to be a TD, other than a weekly mini, which I enjoy

it's like an underpaid babysitter, spare the rod...

BTW, this is not meant as a personal attack against any north Texas disc golfer, even if you do take offense

I have come to the point where I do for the disc golf community what is best for me or will bring about my happiness, or those who offer more than an opinion

in other words, what Shawn said

Pizza God
Sep 24 2008, 07:27 PM
It took running a tournament in Athens for me to realize how hard it was to be a TD at a course away from your home.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed running it, but it was the wettest tournament I have ever run (and I have run some wet events)

For now I will stick with my one tournament per year.

demrick
Sep 24 2008, 07:31 PM
and kudos to you brother, sorry I missed it this year, it's always one of the better run events