Sep 15 2008, 04:45 PM
Is this event going down or what ??

Lee

Sep 15 2008, 05:04 PM
NO....Tom says he has to pay too much money to rent out this course for the weekend and with only 60 people or so that show up to play, then it is a loosing deal on his end.

dryhistory
Sep 15 2008, 05:43 PM
NO....Tom says he has to pay too much money to rent out this course for the weekend and with only 60 people or so that show up to play, then it is a loosing deal on his end.

didnt we fill this baby last year, i remember 7 1/2 hrs rounds :D

oklaoutlaw
Sep 15 2008, 07:23 PM
For the last 2 years, we have had the following results for this event:

In 2006 with everything added, we had 19 pro players with a $50 entry fee and 41 am players. Pro payout was 323% of the entry fee, then when you add the food, cash games players pack, etc, the pro event value was 770%, the total Am event value with all things considered was 759% of the entry fees.

In 2007 with everything added, we had 23 pro players with a $50 entry fee and 45 am players. Pro payout was 220% of the entry fee, then when you add the food, cash games players pack, etc, the pro event value was 304%, the total Am event value with all things considered was 303% of the entry fees.

Now granted these are not the best numbers around, but I have been to many events that did not come close. Now we have done much work in the past to prepare like reserving the course, players party, food, cash games, etc. When we look at the cash outlay of about $4,000 per year, and working to make this a top notch event on a ball golf course and having 60 players the first year and 68 the next, it just doesn't make it worth doing.

So, say so long to Twin Oaks unless someone else wants to step up and make it happen.

Sep 15 2008, 08:22 PM
For the last 2 years, we have had the following results for this event:

In 2006 with everything added, we had 19 pro players with a $50 entry fee and 41 am players. Pro payout was 323% of the entry fee, then when you add the food, cash games players pack, etc, the pro event value was 770%, the total Am event value with all things considered was 759% of the entry fees.

In 2007 with everything added, we had 23 pro players with a $50 entry fee and 45 am players. Pro payout was 220% of the entry fee, then when you add the food, cash games players pack, etc, the pro event value was 304%, the total Am event value with all things considered was 303% of the entry fees.

Now granted these are not the best numbers around, but I have been to many events that did not come close. Now we have done much work in the past to prepare like reserving the course, players party, food, cash games, etc. When we look at the cash outlay of about $4,000 per year, and working to make this a top notch event on a ball golf course and having 60 players the first year and 68 the next, it just doesn't make it worth doing.

So, say so long to Twin Oaks unless someone else wants to step up and make it happen.

Unfortunatley the profane things ready to spew from my keyboard, would fall on deaf ears on this MB, compliments of the moderators ...

Once again, disc golfers have shot themselves in the foot...

Let this be known, disc golf being as cheap / free as it is has done absolutely no good for the sport...

Hey Tom, thanks for the memories .... I will miss playing Twin Oaks ... Most fun I have ever had with my clothes on.

dryhistory
Sep 16 2008, 10:19 AM
i will miss it as well, i guess i will have to wait for crowley to give Tom a hard time :D

oklaoutlaw
Sep 16 2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks Lee,

You are right about the deaf ears. ;) Anyway, I too will miss it. As much work as it was to make happen, I still enjoyed every minute of it and all those that were in attendance. (Well maybe all but 1 or 2 that were grown but yet to become adults) :D:D

The Ellsworth family is sad about the attendance and still would like for it to happen, however they understand that the financial losses are the main reason behind it. Their best wishes are with all and hope someday in the future, the players will see what has been offered and make it happen again.

See you in Crowley Lee.

Tom

oklaoutlaw
Sep 16 2008, 10:34 AM
i will miss it as well, i guess i will have to wait for crowley to give Tom a hard time :D

As for you Flapjack, first and foremost, Happy Birthday.

Second, I was thinking about not having pancakes in Crowley this next year, but then I thought, hmmm what would I have for breakfast that I could chew up and spit out? :D:D:D:D:D j/k

see you there, don't miss the Bob Robertson Memorial in December, I'll be there.

dryhistory
Sep 16 2008, 11:27 AM

As for you Flapjack, first and foremost, Happy Birthday.

Second, I was thinking about not having pancakes in Crowley this next year, but then I thought, hmmm what would I have for breakfast that I could chew up and spit out? :D:D:D:D:D j/k

see you there, don't miss the Bob Robertson Memorial in December, I'll be there.

indeed :D