Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jan 25 2005, 12:51 PM
I can't believe after I get drafted in the 2nd Round by the NY Rangers that they call the season off!

Does anyone want to buy my draft day SWEATER? I need the money! :D:D:D

http://www.game-worn.com/mccoy3.jpg

vinnie
Jan 25 2005, 12:53 PM
do I care .....NO

marksout
Jan 25 2005, 01:02 PM
NH... what?

rhett
Jan 25 2005, 02:12 PM
Care? Not really.

I'm so apathetic about the NHL that I haven't even cracked the shrink-wrap on ESPN NHL 2k5 for the Xbox.

cwphish
Jan 25 2005, 02:17 PM
Did anyone notice what appeared to me as an increase in fighting at the collegiate level for hockey this year? I was pretty psyched to see two bench clearers during the few college games that actually made it on the air.

Jan 25 2005, 02:21 PM
Last year was the first year that I watched playoff hockey. It passed the time as good as anything else could.

scoop
Jan 25 2005, 02:30 PM
I'm glad it's gone. Now, if only the NBA would follow suite...

okcacehole
Jan 25 2005, 02:30 PM
AMEN!!!

Jan 25 2005, 02:34 PM
That's crazy talk. What I really could do without though is the celebrating after every play that football players do when they make a play. I've seen them celebrate a takle or a first down and their team will be down 20 points. I guess this should be on the rant thread though.

Jan 25 2005, 02:46 PM
I'm glad it's gone. Now, if only the NBA would follow suite...

Git_R_done

20460chase
Jan 25 2005, 02:57 PM
........Sorry but Hockey Sucks.

warlocks00
Jan 25 2005, 03:04 PM
Now that football is over I will start to miss it more. Now as for B-ball...I could do without that no problem.

GO PENS!!

adogg187420
Jan 25 2005, 03:29 PM
Dont hate on the NBA. Just because Michael Jordan, the most popular athlete of all time, doesnt play anymore, doesnt mean it needs to "go."

rhett
Jan 25 2005, 03:42 PM
Dont hate on the NBA. Just because Michael Jordan, the most popular athlete of all time, doesnt play anymore, doesnt mean it needs to "go."

It's funny you mention MJ, because I think he was the reason for the decline in the game. They used to play team ball back in the day. But not after the MJ era.

I'm not saying it's MJ's fault directly, but when everybody wanted to "be like Mike", that meant forgetting the team drills and working only on the dunk.

Jan 25 2005, 03:51 PM
All you basketball haters just need to watch The Cavs play more often and watch LeBron play....He is a FREAK and is the most exciting player the game has seen since MJ.

As for HOCKEY, I miss it! I knew as soon as Tampa Bay won the Stanley Cup that the NHL would just fold. It would have happened as soon as Phoenix, Carolina, Nashville, or Columbus would have won it....WE NEED MORE CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAMS! Bring back the JETS!

adogg187420
Jan 25 2005, 03:51 PM
I can kinda see that...but how or why do coaches like Hubie Brown and other older coaches allow this style of play? I know "they" dont want to Be Like Mike...

tbender
Jan 25 2005, 03:56 PM
Coach makes $5mil a year and generates little (if any) revenue at the marketplace.
Player makes $20mil a year and brings in ticket/concession/apparel revenue.

Which do you think has more say in the team nowadays?

Pizza God
Jan 25 2005, 06:11 PM
I did not even know they were on strike.

Is it basket ball season yet. I would not care if it went on strike too.

Now Baseball, that is THE game.

adogg187420
Jan 25 2005, 06:53 PM
Yes, Baseball is THE sport that goes on strikes...

flynvegas
Jan 25 2005, 07:53 PM
I miss the NHL, especially after the Raiders sucked again this year. I've gone to some semi pro games here in Vegas, fun but they don't have the skills of the NHL players. NASCAR is back in one monrh, which I prefer over the NBA.

Jan 25 2005, 10:52 PM
i've never been much on hockey so i'm personally gald its not on.also it makes more air time for the NBA and College Basketball which i tend to watch more than Puck.

Jan 26 2005, 12:43 AM
I get enough fights in the NBA,
but I still miss hockey
the extra college Bball is great

bschweberger
Jan 26 2005, 12:59 AM
I miss the Raleigh Ice Caps, you could get seats at the glass for 10 bux, and get hammered for another 15.

adogg187420
Jan 26 2005, 05:54 AM
Enough fights in the NBA??? Cmon man... are you serious? Youve only seen one in the last 5-10 years, unless you dig up some scrounge of a fight which consisted of one punch with minimal retaliation...hockey sucks, its not even worth mentioning as a sport, and if your into "team" sports, which consistst of only field hockey and college basketball, then that is your sport...

Jan 26 2005, 12:36 PM
Hockey rules, try an X-step on skates.

okdiscrat
Jan 28 2005, 03:49 PM
Hockey is the best TEAM sport on this planet, so yes I care. I miss my Red Wings!!!

Jan 29 2005, 12:52 AM
i miss my red wings too, will there ever be an NHL again???/ im scared, look what happened after the MLB strike and thats our nations pastime (why ill never know)

Jeff_Peters
Jan 29 2005, 04:25 PM
I'll tell you who cares, John Davidson, Darren Pang, Barry Melrose and all of the other NHL TV personalities who are sitting at home on thier arses drawing not even a dime, and also every single NHL coach cares too, because they are in the same boat. But what is the catch here is that alot of the players are playing abroad, earing money on the side so to speak, so don't look for them to give into anything anytime soon. The NHL as we knew it is all but dead I'm afraid.

Jan 29 2005, 04:47 PM
Enough fights in the NBA??? Cmon man... are you serious? Youve only seen one in the last 5-10 years, unless you dig up some scrounge of a fight which consisted of one punch with minimal retaliation...hockey sucks, its not even worth mentioning as a sport, and if your into "team" sports, which consistst of only field hockey and college basketball, then that is your sport...

this is exactly the kind of ignorant dribble I would expect from a yanker fan. SO now lets dismantle your statement into the derivative pieces of crap that it is:
1) I don't need to go back more than this year to find more than one fight. Learn to count.
2) Hockey requires an incredible amount of athleticism, far more than the hand eye coordination of baseball, oh wait they have that too. Its called a puck and instead of standing still they're moving about 20+ mph and hitting a target no bigger than a dog house sometimes as much as 60 feet away.

Now I'm not defending the players, only the sport itself. So the next time you feel like talking come back here and remind yourself that you don't know ******.

jasonc
Jan 30 2005, 12:21 AM

this is exactly the kind of ignorant dribble I would expect from a yanker fan. SO now lets dismantle your statement into the derivative pieces of crap that it is:
1) I don't need to go back more than this year to find more than one fight. Learn to count.
2) Hockey requires an incredible amount of athleticism, far more than the hand eye coordination of baseball, oh wait they have that too. Its called a puck and instead of standing still they're moving about 20+ mph and hitting a target no bigger than a dog house sometimes as much as 60 feet away.

Now I'm not defending the players, only the sport itself. So the next time you feel like talking come back here and remind yourself that you don't know ******.

*******insert applause here***************

I wish that more people would appreciate hockey for what it is............one of the most demanding sports there is :D:D.

adogg187420
Jan 31 2005, 06:17 PM
I may not know "chit", but i DO know that Hockey is in a lockout right now!! Hahaha! You guys sure do love your sport...btw...who gets paid more - a hockey player, or a basketball player?

adogg187420
Jan 31 2005, 06:22 PM
I am sorry, but i really hate hockey, i dont care if you love it or not, and no amount of smack talk about the yankees, NBA, or ANYTHING IN THE WORLD would get me to watch a single period of your sport. That is my opinion, and i am fully entitled to it.

Jan 31 2005, 07:02 PM
I may not know "chit", but i DO know that Hockey is in a lockout right now!! Hahaha! You guys sure do love your sport...btw...who gets paid more - a hockey player, or a basketball player?
I am sorry, but i really hate hockey, i dont care if you love it or not, and no amount of smack talk about the yankees, NBA, or ANYTHING IN THE WORLD would get me to watch a single period of your sport. That is my opinion, and i am fully entitled to it.

No no, its okay, your fully entitled to be as ignorant as you wish.
I said I wasn't defending the players, only the athleticism of the sport.
I could care less about the lock out, so thats nothing to me. It wasn't that long ago the NBA was in a lock out also, for the same stupid reasons, so they're not really any better than the hockey players are they?
Since when was money the measure of greatness?
Here's a question, who has more violent offender convictions, the NBA or NHL?
I don't care if you ever watch hockey, but you said it wasn't a sport.
Next time just be more careful with your foot, you've got such a perty mouth.

tbender
Jan 31 2005, 07:04 PM
Even better, which league gets more Father's Day cards per player?

adogg187420
Jan 31 2005, 07:10 PM
ok, ok...Hockey is the GREATEST sport ever!!! You win.

adogg187420
Jan 31 2005, 07:14 PM

Even better than that, (im sure this comment will be considered "ignorant") who has the larger fan base?

Jan 31 2005, 07:15 PM

See that's why Spreewell was crying about him not making enough money....he's got 27 kids mouths to feed. :D

Jan 31 2005, 08:05 PM
Even better than that, (im sure this comment will be considered "ignorant") who has the larger fan base?

Again you come back to the business/money,
so unless the revenue and viewership are up to par with the NBA or MLB,
then its not a sport worth watching.(ignorant)
Just say you don't care for hockey, a great sport.

adogg187420
Jan 31 2005, 09:29 PM
I already did. ;)

Jan 31 2005, 11:30 PM

See that's why Spreewell was crying about him not making enough money....he's got 27 kids mouths to feed. :D

No, no. It's the gold bars that he feeds them.

warlocks00
Feb 01 2005, 01:36 PM
put it this way, who has a bigger fan base disc golf or basket ball? Just because B-ball has a higher fan base than disc golf does that mean that disc golf is not a sport?

Hockey is a great team sport. I love to play it, and love to watch it. You just have to learn the game before you really understand the greatness of it, and the skills that these players have.

With that said I do not agree with the players in this deal. I think there should be a salary cap before this turns into baseball. It's pretty sad that some owners lose less money not having a season than they do if they were playing. The way it was going teams like Colo, NYR, Det, and a few others were going to ruin the league by "buying" championships, like the Yankees, Marlins, and a few others did in baseball.

phluffhead
Feb 01 2005, 02:40 PM
This ignorance must come from people who've only seen ice in their freezers. Go Wings
BS15335

Feb 01 2005, 02:54 PM
screw the wings, go avs

adogg187420
Feb 01 2005, 03:16 PM
put it this way, who has a bigger fan base disc golf or basket ball? Just because B-ball has a higher fan base than disc golf does that mean that disc golf is not a sport?

Umm...no. I never said that if one sports fan base is smaller than anothers, then the lesser's is not even a sport. If that statement were true, there would only be one "sport" on this planet, so your comment makes no sense and is not what i said.

I do like playing hockey, i played roller hockey for 2 years when i was younger and ice hockey for 1 season and was fairly decent as i am a good skater, but i got into other sports that interested me more. I love to play hockey, it is just not in my top 5 favorite sports to watch.

Feb 01 2005, 03:35 PM
finally reason prevails

Jeff_LaG
Jan 04 2007, 06:59 PM
Looks like the Pittsburgh Penguins may be moving to Kansas City. I don't blame them. Pennsylvania won't let them build a new arena, and they could play rent-free and be equal managing partners in the new $276 million Sprint Center there.

I've been a Pens fan my whole life and that won't change if they move. Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are too exciting not to be.

MTL21676
Jan 04 2007, 07:09 PM
I've been a Pens fan my whole life and that won't change if they move. Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are too exciting not to be.

That line with them an Recchi are amazing.

I'm a Hurricane season ticket holder and that line is the best I've seen this year.

circle_2
Jan 04 2007, 09:31 PM
Looks like the Pittsburgh Penguins may be moving to Kansas City. I don't blame them. Pennsylvania won't let them build a new arena, and they could play rent-free and be equal managing partners in the new $276 million Sprint Center there.

JUST HEARD on ESPN that this deal may not happen...Pens may be staying in Pittsburgh.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 05 2007, 07:44 PM

JUST HEARD on ESPN that this deal may not happen...Pens may be staying in Pittsburgh.

Nope. :(

Penguins declare arena talks impasse, move closer to leaving (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-penguins-arena&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Pizza God
Mar 07 2007, 12:57 AM
who cares???

gotcha
Mar 15 2007, 11:34 PM

Nope. :(

Penguins declare arena talks impasse, move closer to leaving (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-penguins-arena&prov=ap&type=lgns)

who cares???

I do!!! (I live in Pittsburgh /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Latest update.....an agreement was reached and the Penguins will stay in Pittsburgh! (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/penguins/2007-03-14-arena_N.htm)

Luke Butch
Mar 16 2007, 04:45 AM
weee

go Sabres.

can't wait to go to some Finals games!

hawkgammon
Mar 16 2007, 07:26 AM
What's the NHL?

MTL21676
Mar 16 2007, 10:06 AM
weee

go Sabres.

can't wait to go to some Finals games!

Man I hate the Sabres - Sabres fans were so freakin rude during the Eastern conference finals last year here in Raleigh. We had more arrests from fights in those 4 games than we had the entire rest of the season in the stands.

But on another note, Buffalo is mighty powerfull this year. I don't see anyone stopping them except Brodeur.

Lyle O Ross
Mar 16 2007, 11:30 AM
I didn't know there was a Hoola-Hoop League. Too Cool!

gotcha
Mar 16 2007, 01:04 PM
This one's for you, Luke....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIgUd0VZJEU

Jeff_LaG
Mar 16 2007, 01:56 PM
I'm going to the Penguins - Senators game on Sunday night at the Igloo. I'm pumped!

MTL21676
Mar 16 2007, 02:54 PM
That game is gonna be huge!

gotcha
Mar 16 2007, 03:32 PM
Go Pens!

:D

MTL21676
Mar 16 2007, 03:38 PM
At this point, I'm hoping my Hurricanes just get in the playoffs.

gotcha
Mar 16 2007, 06:02 PM
What is the deal with Carolina this season? Injuries? It looks like the Canes win-loss record is pratically the same for both home & away games. :confused:

Jeff_LaG
Mar 16 2007, 07:12 PM
That game is gonna be huge!

I'm sure hoping so!

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8012/crosbymalkingt4.png

MTL21676
Mar 16 2007, 09:16 PM
What is the deal with Carolina this season? Injuries? It looks like the Canes win-loss record is pratically the same for both home & away games. :confused:

well its simple.....

Lets look at last year.....

Staal has 100 points, this year no where close.
Canes were amazing on the power play, this year they are in a 2 for 30 something funk.
Last year was Gerber and Ward in net, this year is Ward and Grahme. Ward is better than he was last year (during the reg. season) but is not as good as Gerber was. Grahme is not as good as Ward was.
We lost Matt Cullen who quietly scored 20 + goals and was our shout out magic man.
We lost Aaron Ward, a physical defensemen.
We rented Rechhi and Weight and replaced them with Trevor Letowski and Scott Walker. The walker pick up was huge however.

Going to almost every playoff game last year and having season tickets this year I can see a big difference. The effort and desire has not been there this year.

Also, our schedule has been crap with multiple back to back games, most of which where the home gome was the 2nd game where to the players it pretty much feels like 2 road games. Corey Stillman was hurt most of the year as was Frank Kaberle.

jasonc
Mar 18 2007, 12:28 AM
After watching the Stars/Preds game tonight I'm convinced that Carey Frazier needs to have a skerew placed in on of his orifices only to come out of the other and be placed over an open fire.

How do you penalize a player for charging when he gets sucker punched and KO'ed.

How do you only give the offending player a double minor????

YOU ARE AN IDIOT THAT IS ONLY RIVALED BY MICK MCGOUGH.

It was also nice to see that the Preds fans have alot of class. After Robidas got sucker punched and carried off on a stretcher for coming to the aid of Madono, they booed everytime Mo touched the puck and started a chant of Madona you suck after he became the all time highest scoring player born in America. Classy :mad:.

MTL21676
Mar 18 2007, 10:36 AM
YOU ARE AN IDIOT THAT IS ONLY RIVALED BY MICK MCGOUGH.

HAHAHA as I was reading your rant I was thinking there is no way this guy can be worse than Mick McGough.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 19 2007, 01:51 PM
What a great game! My first time seeing a shootout live, so much fun to see! Fleury looked shaky early but redeemed himself in the shootout.

Pens will overtake the Devils this week! :cool:

jasonc
Mar 19 2007, 08:29 PM
The Pens are starting to come into their own this year. What's scary is how good they will be when Crosby, Malkin and the other rookies get a few years into their careers. They have some unbeleviable talent in rookies right now that will only get better over time.

MTL21676
Mar 19 2007, 08:44 PM
go Pens tonight!

The Canes need ya'll to beat the Rangers!

gotcha
Mar 19 2007, 08:56 PM
Prediction:

The Penguins will raise Lord Stanley's Cup within the next five years. :cool:

Jeff_LaG
Mar 19 2007, 09:02 PM
go Pens tonight!

The Canes need ya'll to beat the Rangers!

You know it!

Listening to the game right now on XM Radio. :cool:

bschweberger
Mar 26 2007, 11:27 PM
go Canes

Jeff_LaG
Apr 17 2007, 03:38 PM
Go Penguins!

Apr 17 2007, 07:42 PM
Go Canucks! The flightless birds (aka Pens) are a year away from hoisting the Cup. Got a soft spot for Recchi tho. Good Kamloops boy, played Rep hockey with my Bro.

Jeff_LaG
Apr 17 2007, 09:42 PM
Clint, I didn't know Recchi was from Kamloops. When I was in Kelowna last summer I saw Mark Smith, backup center for the San Jose Sharks, play at a club with his band The Vinyl Trees. dOOd was little, only aboot 5'10" and 210 pounds! His band was cool, Mark played guitar and didgeridoo.

Apr 18 2007, 01:48 PM
Kelowna is swarming with NHL'ers in the off season. You should see Richard Matvichucks place AND Boat. Fastest pickle boat on the lake. His dock cost more than my house.
Lots of NHL'ers from the 'Loops, or have made a stop here with our Junior team, the Blazers. Iginla, Neidermayer, Doan, tough guy Colton Orr, the list goes on and on. Yo Jeff, great taste in football teams!

Jeff_LaG
Oct 03 2007, 10:30 PM
Hey MTL, wanna avatar challenge on Friday's Hurricanes vs. Penguins game? Loser has to wear the other's avatar until Sunday night. :cool:

MTL21676
Oct 03 2007, 11:12 PM
you know it!!

I've got season tickets again this year and will be in attendance!!

My Canes looked good tonight, just ran into a hot goalie. We still got a point.

Man I love hockey season!!

Jeff_LaG
Oct 03 2007, 11:37 PM
I am psyched about the start of hockey season too. I'm gonna be out in Pittsburgh this weekend for the Steelers game on Sunday and I'm thinking of swinging by the Igloo on Saturday night to see if I can score a cheap extra for the home opener against the Ducks. :cool:

jmc2442
Oct 03 2007, 11:40 PM
I'll go for that Pens game as well MTL, only we would be sporting the avatar til the rematch in the 412 on October 19th.. then there would be a week after that to loathe in victory. are you in?.... Same results as if you were in with LaGrassa, I just stepped it up a notch. BAM!

Jay Mariotti took the penguins to win the cup today on Around the Horn. WOW. I'm in, maybe not THAT in..

Jeff_LaG
Oct 04 2007, 12:08 AM
MTL, when the 'Canes lose to the Pens on Friday night, here's your avatar for the weekend:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6922/penguinstu8.jpg

MTL21676
Oct 04 2007, 09:11 AM
I'm down for an avatar challenge with any team at any time.

My Canes WILL win.

mus
Oct 04 2007, 10:11 PM
the penguins are going down!!!
<font color="red"> LET'S GO 'CANES!!!! </font>

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/hockey/img8938991.jpg

Jeff_LaG
Oct 05 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm down for an avatar challenge with any team at any time.

My Canes WILL win.

Congratz! Avatar donned.

MTL21676
Oct 05 2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.freefever.com/myspacebackgrounds/backgrounds/carolina.jpg

WOOOOOOO!!!

MTL21676
Oct 05 2007, 10:53 PM
our staals better
*clap clap clapclapclap*

MTL21676
Oct 05 2007, 10:54 PM
and btw, the penguins have my least two favorite players..

Brooks Orpik and George Larouqe

mus
Oct 05 2007, 11:10 PM
Not a bad start to the season....3 outta 4 points!!!
Let's keep it up!!!
Caps...you're next!!!

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070916/car_68664.jpg

MTL21676
Oct 17 2007, 10:23 AM
pens canes friday.

you two losers up for putting the canes logo up for your avatar again?

Jeff_LaG
Oct 17 2007, 11:11 AM
pens canes friday.

you two losers up for putting the canes logo up for your avatar again?

You're on! As per usual for hockey avatar challenges, the loser should adorn the winner's chosen avatar through the end of the weekend.

jmc2442
Oct 17 2007, 11:33 AM
and btw, the penguins have my least two favorite players..

Brooks Orpik and George Larouqe

say that to either of them in person...

*ouch ouch ouchouchouch*

GO PENS!!!

jmc2442
Oct 17 2007, 11:36 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/1601037660_6d4b11ae20.jpg

ck34
Oct 17 2007, 11:46 AM
Looks like the Pens get to dodge the Wild all regular season and the Canes until March...

jmc2442
Oct 17 2007, 11:57 AM
"It's like the bottom of the ninth
And I'm never gonna win"

is that REALLY Chad Kroeger?!?!?

This is more lame than your team! :o

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2283/3349/400/231570/ward%20mask2.jpg

MTL21676
Oct 17 2007, 12:16 PM
I'll let this pic do all my talking...

http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20060620/wconnsmythe20/0620camward.jpg

jmc2442
Oct 17 2007, 12:41 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/0819ec5e-39c3-420e-8a40-2f0df357e08d.h2.jpg

MTL21676
Oct 17 2007, 01:07 PM
I'm looking for Sydney's name....care to help?
http://public.sogetel.net/sly/image/trophy_stanleycuplg.jpg

Oh look, theres cam.

mus
Oct 17 2007, 10:39 PM
I don't think pittsburgh will be a pushover AGAIN....but the <font color="red"> CANES </font> will win!!!

jmc2442
Oct 18 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm looking for Sydney's name....care to help?

You would need a world map... that "Sydney" is in Australia. :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2160/1614389053_40260ba689.jpg

mus
Oct 18 2007, 10:36 PM
By this time tomorrow....the Canes will have two more points!!!

jmc2442
Oct 19 2007, 08:47 AM
two more points of concern is what you'll have.

1. A decimated morale after the Pens woop on em....
2. Dealing with the fact that they have the inferior Staal brother...

mus
Oct 19 2007, 11:51 PM

1. no woopin'....just lucky
2. yeah right....jordan's-1 point &lt; eric's-8 points

MTL21676
Oct 20 2007, 06:28 PM
been at a tournament so am just now getting online and will keep my avatar up through Monday since its a day late.

Great comeback by Penguins and what a great shootout!!

Congrats on the win!

Jeff_LaG
Oct 21 2007, 03:36 PM

1. no woopin'....just lucky
2. yeah right....jordan's-1 point &lt; eric's-8 points

Where's your Pens avatar, Adam?

Or did you not take part in the avatar challenge?

If you're gonna talk smack but not take part in the avatar challenge, that's really freaking weak. http://www.panthersplanet.net/style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown.gif

mus
Oct 22 2007, 06:04 PM
I forgot the url to my pic.....so I don't want to lose it

Otherwise I'd be game.....but i'll still talk smack.

If I can figure out the url or put it on another page....it's on

Jeff_LaG
Oct 22 2007, 06:41 PM
Just be ready to change your avatar after the next meeting on Sat Feb 2, 2008. :p

mus
Oct 22 2007, 07:29 PM
there you go Jeff....you happy?

MTL21676
Oct 22 2007, 10:49 PM
canes win tonight baby!!

jmc2442
Oct 23 2007, 12:21 PM
so ive been gone for a few days... MTL, how bout that game, eh? I dont even want to rub any of it in because, from start to finish, it was one of the best games I've seen in recent memory. still tho, GO PENS!!! WOOT WOOT!

MTL21676
Oct 23 2007, 12:31 PM
didn't see too much of it, was at a tournament, but I did see the last 4 or 5 min and man it was intense.

My canes are rolling though!!

gotcha
Nov 08 2007, 07:32 AM
Modano breaks Housley's record (http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/7421788?MSNHPHMA#)

Go Stars! :D

JerryChesterson
Nov 08 2007, 09:59 AM
I hate pretty boy madano

Jeff_LaG
Nov 16 2007, 05:54 PM
This guy's got game! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmVY_tZg5U&amp;feature=related)

doot
Nov 16 2007, 08:30 PM
That's mighty impressive..but this is still my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsOkwHYBno

and this one came from a skills competition, but equally impressive..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mtK5dASyPFg

Jeff, any chance we could do a Pitt game this year? Sat March 22..give me a chance to whip out my 666 LUCIFER jersey..

ChrisWoj
Nov 24 2007, 10:24 PM
CBJ hit all three shoot out attempts and beat the Detroit Red Wings, vengeance for the shoot out loss to them earlier in the week. :) Columbus in 4th in the Conference (pending results of a pair of games late tonight) with over a quarter of the season in the books! Give it up for my Jackets!!! Who'da thought it?

Can't wait to put a pounding on MTL's Hurrican'ts in a month!

mus
Nov 30 2007, 07:58 AM
Can't wait to put a pounding on MTL's Hurrican'ts in a month!

that's wishful thinking

chappyfade
Nov 30 2007, 12:28 PM
That's mighty impressive..but this is still my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsOkwHYBno

and this one came from a skills competition, but equally impressive..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mtK5dASyPFg

Jeff, any chance we could do a Pitt game this year? Sat March 22..give me a chance to whip out my 666 LUCIFER jersey..

You want to see a YouTube hockey video? Do a search for Clint Malarchuk...and play the video. NOTE: not for the faint of heart, and there is blood. Lots of it.

Chap

Jeff_LaG
Dec 09 2007, 12:51 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071209/capt.5a4e5086951a4f58aa2d429655daf2a1.penguins_can ucks_hockey_joh114.jpg
<font size=4>
Defenseman Kris Letang scores his second straight shootout winner! Pittsburgh wins for the seventh time in eight games!!!</font>

jmc2442
Dec 10 2007, 11:21 AM
Saturday was an awesome game from start to finish.

there is a tough matchup on versus tomorrow for our beloved Pens.... I hope we put Danny Briere ten rows deep N'AT. WOOT WOOT!

Jeff_LaG
Dec 20 2007, 12:29 AM
Young Sidney Crosby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neO44K7Awg0)

jmc2442
Dec 21 2007, 09:36 AM
Sid with the Gordie Howe hatter, actually winning the fight!!! LeTang with ANOTHER shootout winner, dang son... granted we were up 4-nil and gave a point to the Bruins, but, wadda game for the yinzer nation!

jmc2442
Dec 21 2007, 09:40 AM
Crosby - Ference fight (http://www.faniq.com/video/Sidney-Crosby-in-a-fight-His-first-vs-Andrew-Ference-YouTube-4433,2/sports_featured)

ChrisWoj
Dec 29 2007, 09:10 PM
Ugh. How the hell do I not get this Carolina-Columbus game... Fox Sports Ohio is a jerk. As usual the channel guide says the Columbus hockey game is on, and as usual the Cavs game is being aired instead. UGH.

ChrisWoj
Dec 29 2007, 11:26 PM
Hey MTL! Guess what...

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nhl/profiles/players/65x90/2844.jpg
That is the URL to your avatar for the week! :D Enjoy the pretty face of the fellow that shut you down!

MTL21676
Dec 30 2007, 11:36 AM
*hangs head in shame*

ChrisWoj
Dec 30 2007, 12:58 PM
Hey MTL, have I ever told you how awesome your avatar is?

Do they play out-of-conference opponents only once in the regular season? I can't find another matchup between CAR/CBJ...

MTL21676
Dec 30 2007, 02:44 PM
its unlike any sport...

there are 6 divisons, 3 in the east and 3 in the west.

Each division plays 2 of the 3 in the other conference each season, 1 conference all at home once and one conference all on the road.

The southeast this year are the northwest at home and the central on the road.

The central this year plays the southeast at home and northeast on the road.

Jeff_LaG
Jan 04 2008, 12:32 PM
Penguins run win streak to 5, yeah huh!

jmc2442
Jan 04 2008, 01:57 PM

and scored three goals in approx. 48 seconds to do it!!! fastest three goals ever reigns in around 21 seconds I think. :eek:

ChrisWoj
Jan 05 2008, 04:40 PM
its unlike any sport...

there are 6 divisons, 3 in the east and 3 in the west.

Each division plays 2 of the 3 in the other conference each season, 1 conference all at home once and one conference all on the road.

The southeast this year are the northwest at home and the central on the road.

The central this year plays the southeast at home and northeast on the road.

Thanks MTL! Your graciousness in losing will be noted. I bid thee farewell Pascal's face on MTL's avatar! :D

jefferson
Jan 10 2008, 01:18 PM

make that 7, and this guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/gamelog?playerId=1232) has as much to do with it than sid. half his starts so far have resulted in 1 or fewer goals allowed. good to see the goalkeeping might finally be solidified. the 2 seed would be huge this year...

MTL21676
Jan 10 2008, 01:43 PM
Conklin is coming huge for the Penguins.

He is one of my favorite players since he was pretty much the main reason we won the cup in 05.

phluffhead
Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM
Wow only 3 Wings starting the All Star game with possibly Osgood in Net and this was not supposed to be their year

jefferson
Jan 11 2008, 11:26 AM

make that 7, and this guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/gamelog?playerId=1232) has as much to do with it than sid. half his starts so far have resulted in 1 or fewer goals allowed. good to see the goalkeeping might finally be solidified. the 2 seed would be huge this year...

ChrisWoj
Jan 18 2008, 05:15 AM
If you haven't seen the highlight reel goal Rick Nash scored to beat Nashville with 21.5 left last night, I suggest checking it out.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=cls - It should be right there on the CBJ team page. Holy cow, what a series of dekes. SICK.

And now for my frustration... four wins in a row, and now we get to go on the road for @DAL, @COL, @DAL... ow. If we can come away with 3 points in those three games I might be satisfied, that's a rough little mini-mountain zone trip. Four points will have me overjoyed.

jmc2442
Jan 18 2008, 08:45 AM
No Heatley, No Alfredsson, NO PROBLEM. dang son.

and I had the joy of watching FOUR SHOUTOUTS last night. Center Ice is AWESOME!

jmc2442
Jan 18 2008, 08:55 AM
oh, and btw, Conklin is now 10-0-1 in his first eleven starts. Pens are tied for first with the Devils at 55 pts.

all i can think is detroit is at 72 with the win last nite. wow.

jmc2442
Jan 28 2008, 11:06 AM
Rick Nash gets robbed for All Star MVP because his team lost.

What you think about that MTL?!?

MTL21676
Jan 28 2008, 11:55 AM
well....

obviously mixed emotions b/c a Hurricane got MVP.

However....you CANNOT use the argument that Staal only got it over Nash b/c the East won - it like the last 6 ( I think that is what I read) all star games a player on the LOSING team has won the MVP.

Also, Staal had the GTG,an assist on the GWG, and another goal.

However, I think Nash in fact got jobbed, but Staal winning the MVP made up for him not winning the Con Smyth like he should have in 06.

MTL21676
Jan 28 2008, 12:30 PM
And I think that Nabokov was unreal too. He staal and nash were clearly the three best players on the ice last night.

Ovechkin played great too.

jmc2442
Jan 28 2008, 12:58 PM
i agree with all that MTL...
one more thing thats going to kill me to admit. My Pens' Gonchar is and always will be an overrated bum. Did you see Rick Nash lift his stick, roll right past him, then score a ballin bucket?.. Lame-O.

and ovechkin is an arrogant piece of crap. I'd love to see him face to face on the ice one day. as Peter Griffin said, *POW* right in the kisser, *POW* right in the kisser. :D

MTL21676
Jan 28 2008, 01:19 PM
looks like someone already hit him in the face.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geneen/1611212920/

MTL21676
Feb 13 2008, 10:40 AM
so Josh C and Jeff L.

Avatar challenge for the game in Raleigh Thursday?

Let's say the loser keeps it up till Monday morning?

jmc2442
Feb 13 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm in like Flynn.

And frankly I cant wait for tonights game. The Bruins are tougher than their record and last time it took my man Chris L. to get the job done in the shootout.

oh, and what about someone else getting cut by a skate again last night?... I didnt catch what Oiler it was but the gash was right below his eye. Frightening.

warlocks00
Feb 13 2008, 12:07 PM
Well I didn't read the whole thread, but from the last 2 pages...looks like Pens and Cans fans here. Add another Pens fan to the list.....LET'S GO PENS!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!

Josh, I see you are a Letang fan. ME TO, that kid is going to be the next Gonchar...but hopefully better on the D side of the puck, and possibly a better stick handler. He's definately a snipper when he gets in close.

What do you guys think they should do with the goalie stituation? My opinion, trade Sabu and start a who's hot rotation with Fluery and Conklin. Play till you lose type of deal....

Jeff_LaG
Feb 13 2008, 01:02 PM
No Crosby, no problem!

The russian defector, Evgeni Malkin, will make sure the Canes go down!

MTL21676
Feb 13 2008, 01:10 PM
I knew you would be in Jeff.

Canes will probably get beat. We seem to have the WLWLWLWLWLWL theme this year and we won last night.

jmc2442
Feb 13 2008, 01:56 PM
What do you guys think they should do with the goalie stituation? My opinion, trade Sabu and start a who's hot rotation with Fluery and Conklin. Play till you lose type of deal....

I'm not a big Flower fan (his nickname is even lame) so I say we should have science clone a Conklin and do exactly what you mentioned. Conklin 1 plays til he loses then we swap. Nah, in reality Sabu has to go. Conklin is playing ridiculous net right now and we all know Fleury has it in him, he just needs to get some good rehab and play to his potential.

warlocks00
Feb 13 2008, 05:14 PM
You're right...what kind of nickname is that??? I bet he doesn't like it as much as the other guys like to call him that.

Anyway Fluery is a bit shaky at times. He is either on, or waaaaaaaay off. But you have to give it to him, he did a great job last year down the stretch...and has the second most wins in a season by a Pens goalie. I think they(we as Pens fans) have to much invested in him to give up on him yet....I mean he is only what 24, 25? Conklin is 31, so he's had some seasoning......and kind of been around the league. Which ever way they go, I sure would love to see us take the Pacific, and make a deeper run in the playoffs this year!!!!

Doing great so far....No Sid, no Roberts, and no Eaton...but just keep on racking up the Ws.

GO MALKIN!!!
GO STAAL!!!
and hurry up Sid get healthy!!!

MTL21676
Feb 13 2008, 05:41 PM
GO STAAL!!!

I agree!

jmc2442
Feb 13 2008, 06:04 PM
GO STAAL!!!

I agree!

i KNEW MTL was taking that opportunity. :D

MTL21676
Feb 13 2008, 06:13 PM
well hell, it was a 80 MPH fastball belt high.

warlocks00
Feb 14 2008, 11:20 AM
No Rangers fans want to jump in on the Go Staal?

I'll be more specific...GO J. STAAL!!!!

jmc2442
Feb 14 2008, 04:36 PM
man o man, the pens better step up tonight or I'm not going to hear the end of it.

what a lousy performance against Boston. just plain lousy.

Jeff_LaG
Feb 14 2008, 11:36 PM
:mad:

MTL21676
Feb 14 2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.thebestlinks.com/images/d/da/CarolinaHurricanes_100.png

Josh Jason and Jeff...

here ya go!!

YEAH CANES!!!

jmc2442
Feb 15 2008, 11:21 AM
there were so many subplots in last nights game that the loss was kind of easier to take.... yeah right. anyhow, heres some food for thought. IRONY.

Cole AND ORPIK (first in 181 games) both scored goals. if you know the story thats ironic. btw, thanks for the BOO's Carolina, we knew you had it in ya!

The Whitney Staal combo scoring buckets was wearing red. Ironic if you live in Pittsburgh.

Pens cant win a faceoff. Sandwiched Rod Brind'Amour goes out of the game during his first shift. He's their leading faceoff man, actually almost the LEAGUE's faceoff man. ironic, though it certainly didnt help us in the end.

The Pens are 6-4-2 without Sid the Kid.

Malkin has a point in 18 of his last 19 games. A stellar 10 goals and 13 assists since replacing Crosby 12 games ago on the top line with Sykora and Malone.

Malkin entered Wednesday three points behind Alexander Ovechkin in the NHL scoring race. If Malkin goes on to win the NHL scoring title, the Penguins would have back-to-back separate outright winners of the Art Ross Trophy. That has only happened four times, involving a total of FOUR players, in the expansion era (post 1967):
Boston's Phil Esposito (1968-69) and Bobby Orr (1969-70)
AGAIN Esposito (1973-74) and Orr (1974-75)
Pittsburgh's Jaromir Jagr (1994-95) and Mario Lemieux (1995-96)
AGAIN Lemieux (1996-97) and Jagr (1997-98).

count 'em up guys and girls, thats four years straight the Pens owned the Ross Trophy. WOW.

I have to admit MTL, Carolina's PP is no joke. the way they shuffle around and make bench swaps mid shift for single players, mighty tricky.

MTL21676
Feb 15 2008, 11:30 AM
a few more bits and pieces about this game...

Tim Gleason and Joe Corvo got the flu and then Bret Hedican (Gleason and Hedican are out shut down pair and Corvo is our power play pointman) all were unable to go last minute. We had to call up Tim Conboy (1 or 2 games of NHL experience) Casey Borer (maybe 5 - 10 games of experience) and Joey Morima (NHL Debut) for the game. They got to Raleigh at 5:00 and the arena at 6:00. Thier only warm up was the pre game skate. We also are playing three other AHL players right now due to injury (Keith Aucoin, Ryan Bayda and Wade Broookbank) and Jeff Hamilton who we put on waivers a few weeks ago. So we literally beat you guys with half our team out there.

As far as Orpik, he will ALWAYS get boo'd when he comes in this building. There is a reason for that, and it wasn't the cheap hit and that almost put Erik Cole in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, it was the way he handled it.

There was a huge story in the paper a few years ago when we won the cup when Recchi came to Carolina. Recchi was asked about his relationship with Orpik and his relationship with Cole. He said that Orpik really didn't feel bad about the play and when Recchi offered to give Orpik Cole's number, Orpik was just like "naw, just apologize for me or whatever"

Just classless.

As far as the faceoffs - we are pretty bad too, other than Rod. You have no idea how huge of a blow this is to this hockey team.

And last night was the first time in a long time our PP has looked good. It was like 1 for the last 24 or something horrid like that.

jmc2442
Feb 15 2008, 02:36 PM
the pens know all about AHL players in the lineup. They showed a graphic during the game last night listing all the call-ups from both teams. The Pens have used one less player than the Canes from the AHL this year.

and if that is TRULY what happened with Orpik then he's a jerk, but somehow I doubt thats the whole story. And hockey is hockey.... he can feel bad that Cole is severely hurt, which I am sure he did, but he does not have to feel bad about the play itself. It's unfortunately part of the game that happens from time to time, hard hits and awkward contact turning into injuries... just look at Rod last night.

MTL21676
Feb 15 2008, 03:18 PM
It's unfortunately part of the game that happens from time to time, hard hits and awkward contact turning into injuries... just look at Rod last night.

The hit that took out Brind'mour was completely legal. No one booed LaRoque (well I did cuz he's a bum, but I was booring him years ago) on the play.

Orpik's hit was dirty and completly against the rules and the player code.

A hit like that goes way beyond hockey, you are then going into the realm of ruining someone's life.

phluffhead
Feb 15 2008, 03:25 PM
Go Wings. Seems no one is in their league this year but we'll see in the Playoffs.

MTL21676
Feb 15 2008, 03:55 PM
Detroit is scary good.

I still think Ottawa will win it all.

phluffhead
Feb 15 2008, 06:15 PM
Wings never do swat in the PO seems to be the theme for Michigan teams

MTL21676
Feb 15 2008, 06:29 PM
tell that the Carolina Hurricanes in 2002. :(

jmc2442
Feb 18 2008, 09:44 AM
the Pens get off the schnide!!!
Evgeni Malkin had a goal and assist and Ty Conklin stopped 36 shots in leading the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 4-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres

WOOT WOOT!!!

jmc2442
Feb 22 2008, 09:19 AM
Last Night against the Habs my Pens had a two goal lead, lost the lead via a 4-3 explosion of goals, then scored two goals in the third for the WIN! WOOT WOOT!

9 goals by 9 different players.
Malkin, who leads the league with 82 points, extended his points streak to 10 games with another goal and two helpers.
Malkin now has 41 points in 21 games.
The Pens have scored a power play goal in each of their last ten games.
After a vicious elbow, then a charging penalty taken to his face, Colby Armstrong's nose officially touches the Moon from Earth. :D

Cant wait to see the Sharks on Sunday @ the Igloo!

MTL21676
Feb 22 2008, 10:04 AM
Canes get a big SE division win last night over ATL with 5 different goal scorers.

gotcha
Feb 24 2008, 05:51 PM
:) Go STaRs!

jmc2442
Feb 25 2008, 09:35 AM
Pens lost yesterday in one of the most boring games I've ever had the chance to witness in person, and it went to a shootout! :(

gotcha
Feb 25 2008, 10:28 AM
:) Go PeNS!

daltonseabolt
Feb 25 2008, 05:39 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM STARS!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :D:D:D;)

gotcha
Feb 25 2008, 08:51 PM
Go STaRS!

kUrTp
Feb 26 2008, 11:37 PM
How bout them Pens now. Hossa and Gill!!! I didn't think they were going to make a run for the Cup this year but yeah, what the hell, lets go for it.

Sucks to see Army go...oh well!

gotcha
Feb 27 2008, 03:09 PM
:) Go PeNs!

MTL21676
Feb 27 2008, 03:22 PM
crazy day of trading huh?

Huet goes to Washington for a 2nd rounder? Are you serious?

kUrTp
Feb 27 2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah...What a dumb trade that was. Looks like they don't care about the playoffs this year.

jmc2442
Feb 27 2008, 05:29 PM
The Canadiens do care, cuz they thought they were getting Hossa and Hedberg from the Thrashers so they made the trade with the Caps.

whats the wording.. dont count your chickens before they hatch!!!! LOLOLOL

sorry to hear that Habs. Welcome to Pittsburgh Hossa!

MTL21676
Feb 27 2008, 05:33 PM
I honestly think the Pens are coming out of the east now.

jmc2442
Feb 28 2008, 10:38 AM
^^ a man who knows his stuff!!!

Well, at least this time! :D

kUrTp
Feb 28 2008, 11:47 AM
Well the first step is Tonight against Bumston. I'll bet Hossa has at least 3 points.

Jeff_LaG
Feb 29 2008, 01:05 PM
How about a sprained right medial collateral ligament. Boy, that's just peachy. :(

kUrTp
Feb 29 2008, 04:46 PM
Hossa missed three games in the past three years with Atlanta. Plays 13 shifts with Pittsburgh and gets injured. Go Figure!!!

kUrTp
Mar 04 2008, 04:05 PM
SIDNEY CROSBY in the line up - Tonight against Tampa Bay.

MTL21676
Mar 04 2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone see the Caps last night?

Holy God.

kUrTp
Mar 04 2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I have Alexander Semin on my fantasy hockey team and he only got 1 assist and was -1 for plus/minus...How in the hell does that happen when you win 10 - 2.

MTL21676
Mar 04 2008, 05:28 PM
hahaha I don't know

warlocks00
Mar 05 2008, 10:09 AM
First place Pens!!!

Sid and Fluery both looked good last night. Can't wait to see Sid and Hossa play together. What a line combo it will make when Hossa and Roberts gets back. Hossa, Sid, Roberts on the first line....Malone, Malkin, and Sykora following that up.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

MTL21676
Mar 05 2008, 11:27 AM
yeah the Pens look scary scary right now.

I mean, the Canes are too and no one is talking about them.....

gotcha
Mar 05 2008, 12:01 PM
The Stanley Cup ~ Chronology of Engravings (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/8/8d/300px-Hhof_stanley_cup_annotated.jpg&amp;imgrefurl=http://www.answers.com/topic/chronology-of-stanley-cup-engravings&amp;h=400&amp;w=300&amp;sz=44&amp;hl=en&amp;start=5&amp;um=1&amp;tb nid=KZ77CjnQjphk3M:&amp;tbnh=124&amp;tbnw=93&amp;prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstanley%2Bcup%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den)

MTL21676
Mar 05 2008, 01:49 PM
very cool!

warlocks00
Mar 07 2008, 10:18 AM
That is a very cool link....and just goes to show why the Stanley Cup is the best trophy in all of pro sports.

tough game for the Pens last night....hard one to watch!!!

MTL21676
Mar 07 2008, 10:25 AM
The canes are rolling!

Just dominated the Wild last night and are now 6 - 1 -1 in their last 8 and 10 - 3 - 1 in their last 14.

gotcha
Mar 07 2008, 10:32 AM
:DGo STaRs!

Jeff_LaG
Mar 09 2008, 04:42 PM
OWN GOAL!!! Way to go Backstrom. Hey, the Penguins will take a win any way they can get it. :cool:

jmc2442
Mar 10 2008, 10:53 AM
who tries to "stuff" a puck aginst his own goalie by shooting a 50 mph snapshot from 2 feet away?

Oh yeah, Nick Backstrom!!!

Gino one point behind Alex The Pukechin.

warlocks00
Mar 10 2008, 12:55 PM
Let's Go Pens!!!

A W is a W, no matter how you get it, and I'll take them anyway we can. Looked more to me, like he was trying to clear it behind the net.....to bad that's hard to do when the net is between you and the wall.

Just wish Hossa would hurry up and get back in the lineup....and I heard on sportsbeat Roberts is back skating in practice.

kUrTp
Mar 10 2008, 05:32 PM
Roberts won't play until 2 games left in the regular season. I hope he's ready for the playoffs. In his career he's always been a force in the playoffs.

warlocks00
Mar 11 2008, 09:30 AM
That's not to far off....

kUrTp
Mar 11 2008, 05:52 PM
VVV Read Me

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=356449&amp;page=NewsPage&amp;service=page

kUrTp
Mar 17 2008, 01:53 PM
14 goals in 2 games!!! That's how it's done...

Jeff_LaG
Mar 17 2008, 11:53 PM
I'm going to the Igloo on Saturday for the Pens vs. Devils...can't wait!!! :cool:

warlocks00
Mar 20 2008, 11:40 AM
Wish they were coming to Dallas this year so I could go watch them again. Been the igloo twice so far...probably won't go back that way until the new arena is finished. Of course it will have to be on the same weekend as the Steelers are playing a home game. Can't travel from Texas to Pittsburgh and not watch my beloved Steelers. Hopefully next time I'll have the extra time to play a round up there also.

kUrTp
Mar 20 2008, 11:43 AM
Hopefully next time I'll have the extra time to play a round up there also.

There is no way you should come to the burgh and NOT play one of our courses!!! :D

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 09:28 AM
went to the Pens game last night. Great win. We HAD to walk away from there with 2 points....

hopefully we get the critical win tomorrow against the Devils.

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 09:32 AM
btw, The victory lifted the Penguins (42-25-7) back into a tie with New Jersey for first place in the Atlantic Division. The Devils, who will use their game in hand when they play host to the New York Islanders tonight, will visit Mellon Arena at 7:38 p.m. tomorrow.

Penguins center Evgeni Malkin had a goal and an assist to run his points total to 99, three fewer than Washington left winger Alex Opukechin, the NHL's scoring leader.

warlocks00
Mar 21 2008, 10:54 AM
Yup, good game last night. Fluery looked good, as well as the Malkin line, and it's good to see Staal if finding the back of the net, hopefully he'll be peaking at just the right time this season...just wish Hossa would get to play with Sid soon, so they can start developing some chemistry before the run for the Cup!!!!

How about Ruutu kicking the puck along last night, wish they would have gotten a goal out of that, would have been the play of the year.

GO STUPID ISLANDERS tonight!!!

MTL21676
Mar 21 2008, 11:15 AM
Canes win again!

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 12:05 PM
How about Ruutu kicking the puck along last night, wish they would have gotten a goal out of that, would have been the play of the year.

you have no idea how loud the Igloo got after that play. RUUUUUUUUU was all you could hear. It was incredible. Especially because he scored the first bucket, the crowd was amped for him.

heres my additional thoughts.

Dupuis is going to be a HUGE help down the stretch and in the playoffs. I had no idea how smart and FAST he plays the game.

Whitney's hurt. the end. I wish someone would just come out and say it. He played well last night, but, he's still skidish after that groin injury.

Malkin, Malone, Sykora
Crosby, Hossa, Roberts
Stall, Dupuis, Kennedy
Taffe, Ruutu, Talbot

and numerous others riding pine.
There is no reason the Pens should not make a deep run. If they dont at least make it to the Cup Finals the season really should be considered a disappointment. Hate to have high hopes, but look at the paper, the names are all there.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2088/1524213794_bfa06616df.jpg

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 12:11 PM
Canes win again!

MTL, your boys got hot at the right time. @ 8-2-0 in the last ten they are making a great run into the playoffs. Just a bit ago there was talk your Canes would be caught and passed by the Caps with no hope of even making the playoffs. Shows what analysts know.

MTL21676
Mar 21 2008, 12:48 PM
Canes now have a 7 point lead in the division!

warlocks00
Mar 21 2008, 05:37 PM
That RUUUUUUU chant came across the TV loud and clear. I'm sure it was super loud at mellon, but it was clearly heard on TV also. And what a goal by Ruutu, in true Ruutu fashion, score a goal while getting your lip split open. I was worried they weren't going to give them the extra 2 minutes for the highstick drawing blood.

As for the playoffs, you think a non-cup final apperence would be a let down? At the first of the year, all I wanted was a 2nd round showing....now a 3rd would make me happy. A finals apperence would make me ecstatic!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 05:59 PM
i'd say 3rd round should be considered a good ending as well. We have it in us to get to the cup. The Pens just have to play the way we know how, never back down, never give in.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 23 2008, 12:05 PM
Boy, did the Pens shellack the Devils. The entire arena was chanting "Marrrrrrr-ty, Marrrrrrr-ty!" after every goal and then he was yanked. :D

MTL21676
Mar 23 2008, 12:12 PM
we got him yanked in the 06 playoffs on his birthday.

warlocks00
Mar 24 2008, 11:02 AM
Gotta love it when he gets yanked....Even when you have him on your fantasy team in the fantasy playoffs...BOOO THE DEVILS!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

jefferson
Mar 26 2008, 09:49 AM
beat jersey twice in 4 days... but cant beat the isles. 1 point back.

jmc2442
Mar 26 2008, 10:20 AM
^^^ that wont happen again on Thursday.

Pens up four points, Jersey with a game in hand.
I hate to say it, but it is looking like Malkin wont catch Opukechin for the scoring title. I PRAY I'm wrong.

I think Malkin will take MVP though, especially if Opukechin and the Crapitals dont make the playoffs. Alex doesnt make anyone around him better. I'm saying this from watching quite a few Crapitals games this year. At least Malone, Sykora, actually almost everyone is better when Malkin plays with them. Sid out, he takes the team on his shoulders and runs them right into the playoffs, which was officially sealed with a win last night.

and also, Hossa has hit his stride. Look out in the upcoming games.

LETS GO PENS!

MTL21676
Mar 26 2008, 11:07 AM
[quoteI think Malkin will take MVP though, especially if Opukechin and the Crapitals dont make the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

If the Caps make the playoffs - MVP = Ovechkin.
If they don't, MVP = Borduer.

jmc2442
Mar 26 2008, 03:18 PM
Borduer?!? who's that?

and you're crazy MTL. NO wonder your player rating is higher than your SAT Score!!!! :o
anyway, with that said I'd like to hear your argument for why you believe that to be true.

jefferson
Mar 26 2008, 04:38 PM
because:

GOALS AGAINST AVG - 3rd
SAVE PERCENTAGE - 5th
WINS - 2nd

oh, he has no chance... might not even win the Vezina

Ovechkin or Malkin, should be malkin the way he's pushed the pengs to the top of the east

warlocks00
Mar 27 2008, 12:06 PM
They are saying Sids coming back tonight....could we finally get to see Hossa and Sid playing together??? Come on 6:30!!!

jmc2442
Mar 27 2008, 03:05 PM
Sid is definitely playing tonight. should be exciting to watch. I know you saw my comment about Hossa above...

GO PENS

kUrTp
Mar 27 2008, 06:03 PM
Go PENS!!!

jmc2442
Mar 28 2008, 12:54 AM
the brawler turns Baller....
RUUUUUUUUUUU TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

now lets just pray Hossa is okay.

jmonny
Mar 28 2008, 01:02 AM
Hey I found a good use for hockey pucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxa_64EOmFI

warlocks00
Mar 28 2008, 11:55 AM
now lets just pray Hossa is okay.

What I want to know is where the hell was Larauqe(sp?)? Why didn't he go after either one of those guys last night...instead of just taking a stupid penalty for hooking. I know he scored a goal and got an assist, which is great and all....but he should have gone after #3 and Davison. Guess it could have been that the Coach didn't put him on the ice at the same time...If that was the case, he should have!!!

Come on Hossa....be OK!!!!!

What did you guys think of the PP last night? I think they have to much "pretty" out there. Need to have 2 unreal PP units, rather than stacking up the first one.

Also what do you guys think of Whitney playing wing? Seems odd to me that we are moving one of our good shooting D men up. Hard to pick who to sit, but I'd say sit Sydor I guess...or maybe Brooks, put Whitney back on the blue line and bring back Tafe.

jmc2442
Mar 28 2008, 12:20 PM
1. Davison and Bergenheim. Where was the [censored] stomping all night?!? We got in guys faces but never truly threw the fists. You cant show a team you are going to stand up for your fellow players then inflict no bruising. That doesnt stop anything, as was shown with last nights game. And it cant always be Laraque either. Where's Ruutu, Malone, hell even Talbot can throw 'em. SOmebody beat the snot outta somebody else. THAT's Hockey. Payback's supposed to be a [censored].

2. Hossa - They SAY he's day-to-day. I hope so.

3. Power Play is not working as well as it should right now. The early nineties chant of "Shoot the Puck" is unfortunately being heard. Hopefully in the next few we realize this before the playoffs.

4. Whitney cant play D right now. The End. I dont know what happened but he's giving up too much in our end for the gain in the offensive end. I'd scratch him. If he has to play he's where he should be. That half wall Jagr style work in the O end was pretty good last night. A few good passes, a shot or two. ::Shrugs::

... THIS is what I think...
I'd rather have Taffe back.

With that said, here goes.

Malone-Malkin-Sykora
Hossa-Sid-Dupweeeeee
Kennedy-Staal-Taffe
Ruutu-Talbot-Laraque (playing sick, btw... not just last nights explosion)

Gonchar - Orpik
Letang - Gill
Sydor - Scuderi

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!!! LETS GO PENS!!!

jmc2442
Mar 28 2008, 12:22 PM
and if Crosby scores that infamous Dek-Hockey "flip in the air move" goal last night we say one simple thing...

Sportscenter is next!

warlocks00
Mar 28 2008, 12:39 PM
You're right it can't always be Laraque...but I haven't seen him fight in what the last 5 or so games he was dressed for. This is the time for him to be pounding on people...Just to show the team won't put up with people running at our guns in the playoffs. I guess Orpik did go after the guy for the "knee check", but I just feel like someone should have gone after him later on as well.

As for Whitney, he's a D man, we're a lock for the playoffs, and an almost lock for our first Atlantic Division title....let him play the last 5 or so games that are left and try to work through the problem....or like you say scratch him. Sitting up watching a few games might just show him what he's doing wrong. But playing the wing isn't going to solve anything.

I am constantly doing that chant in my recliner....SHOOOOOOOOT THE PUCK!!!!! Not every PP goal has to be the perfect play.

But a wins a win...and the stinkin devils lost so I can't complain to much. We're going to the playoffs!!!!!

doot
Mar 28 2008, 12:51 PM
Hey I found a good use for hockey pucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxa_64EOmFI

I love how the tool puts his safety goggles on as he's turning off the machine, not while struggling to keep the lid on as the pucks violently bounce around in the blender.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

(Jeff, how long do I have to keep this stoopid avatar? I have a reputation to maintain.)

jmc2442
Mar 28 2008, 04:46 PM
(Jeff, how long do I have to keep this stoopid avatar? I have a reputation to maintain.)

if your reputation mattered to you then you should have held back on a bet that's a sure fire loss. Yinz will never learn. :eek:

LET'S GO PENS!

MTL21676
Mar 28 2008, 04:51 PM
LaRaque is a bum. The worst kind. A no talent slow one.

MTL21676
Mar 28 2008, 04:51 PM
Orpik is just a poop hole, but at least he has some skating abilities.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 29 2008, 10:57 PM

Doot,

The bet was for an entire week so you're off the hook now.

Thanks for the avatar challenge. :cool:

kUrTp
Mar 30 2008, 08:04 PM
PENS RULE!!!

Jeff_LaG
Mar 30 2008, 09:35 PM
First place in the Eastern Conference!

Unbeaten at home in the month of March!

Their next win will clinch their first division title in 10 years!

kUrTp
Mar 30 2008, 11:43 PM
Like I said, PENS RULE!!!

jmc2442
Mar 31 2008, 11:23 AM

Actually, If my math serves me correct we only need 1 point. I'm looking for 6 though. LETS GO PENS!

warlocks00
Mar 31 2008, 11:43 AM

And our first Atlantic Division title....remember what happened the last time we won the "new" division for the first time????

Lord Stanley came to visit!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

kUrTp
Mar 31 2008, 12:48 PM
Lord Stanley Lord Stanley...Bring me the Brandy

jmc2442
Mar 31 2008, 02:29 PM
Pens rule, we all know this, but Kurt, you did not just mention Brandy?!?

If you've never had this you're a loser. Sorry, I just call it as I see it.

Chili's Presidente Margarita

1 1/4 ounces tequila(SAUZAS COMMEMORATIVO)
1/2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
1/2 - 3/4 ounce Brandy(PRESIDENTE)
4 ounces liquid sweet and sour cocktail mix
two splashes Lime juice

I'll be drinking these when we take home the hardware!!!.... It's so on.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

kUrTp
Mar 31 2008, 04:33 PM
Stella, I was refering to what Mike Lange said, who by the way is the greatest radio/TV Hockey Commentator of all time.

So call Arnold Slick from Turtle Creek.

jmc2442
Mar 31 2008, 04:39 PM
^^really thinks I didnt know that. GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

... WOW, you MUST be a bigger loser than I thought. :eek: :D:o:D:eek:

Hop in the cordoba baby, we're goin' bowlin'! :D

warlocks00
Mar 31 2008, 05:31 PM
OHHHHH SCATCH MY BACK WITH A HACKSAW!!!!

LET'S GO HUNT MOOSE ON A HARLEY!!!

AND HE'S SMILING LIKE A BUTCHERS DOG!!!

GET THAT DOG OFF MY LAWN!!!

I miss him not doing the T.V. broadcasts anymore. Staggy is good and all, but he's no Mike Lange. I liked it best when it was Staggy and Lange calling the game.

jmc2442
Apr 01 2008, 11:21 AM
heartbreaker last night. I didnt see much on account of my own hockey game.

warlocks00
Apr 01 2008, 06:34 PM
First 27 minutes of the game the Pens had 1 shot on net....After that there was just to much line juggling, seemed like no one could get a feel for their linemates. Even when he had Hossa, Malkin and Sid on a line they looked out of sorts.

Laraque had another good game though. It looked like none of the Rangers wanted to go into the corners with him. They must have been sore from the day before....hehe...

Maybe it was all due to Letang being out of the lineup????? Man I like that kids play, and miss him when he's not in there.

warlocks00
Apr 02 2008, 11:49 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the 1 regulation goal the Rangers scored was off a fluck, almost highstick, but glove block by(I wanna say Brooks, but could be wrong on the person). The guy was swinging his stick at it(above the cross bar), and the D man swung his hand and got to it before the stick, it ended up going off Fluery's mask and in.

COME ON PENS GET A W TONIGHT!!! I'm gonna miss most of it, I'll be at the wednesday mini instead.

jmc2442
Apr 03 2008, 09:43 AM
Atlantic Division Champs!...

and Crosby scores one of the sickest deflection goals I've seen... all totally effortless.

GO PENS!

kUrTp
Apr 03 2008, 09:45 AM
Heard Scary Gary will play on Sunday.

GO PENS!!!

jefferson
Apr 03 2008, 09:55 AM
Atlantic Division Champs!...

next eastern conference...

8th straight win at the igloo

jmc2442
Apr 03 2008, 09:55 AM
Heard Gary was gonna play as well. Totally AWESOME.

Did you see the footage FSN played of him fighting during the game last night? MONSTER lefts. Gary may be 40 but no one, not even Malone, goes to the net the way he does and no one else, minus Ruuuuuuuutuuuuuuuu, inflicts such a presence upon the other team. He's a BEAST!

and what about #28?!? :o I think Hall played pretty well first game back.