JerryChesterson
Sep 12 2008, 08:13 PM
Stay Safe

ching_lizard
Sep 12 2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks Man!

I live at the NW corner of the loop 610 and we haven't seen a drop of rain yet, but the winds are starting to kick up pretty good. I would estimate gusts at 30-35 mph but it isn't very steady yet.

The sky (at sunset here) is looking pretty weird. The clouds seems like they are moving along at about 100 mph...it kinda makes you feel vertigo looking straight up at them zipping along. :D Of course...maybe that is the party supplies! :D

tbender
Sep 15 2008, 08:03 PM
And we're back with power. Riding through it wasn't too bad.

We lost power at 6:15 on Friday, and got it back 2 hours ago. Hefty winds, some rain. Our part of the subdivision did well, but the other side was bad. Every lot had a major tree down.

suemac
Sep 16 2008, 08:59 AM
We played Moffitt or what was left of it yesterday.

Still without power, thank God for my broadband card!

Dee and I leave for Huntsville in the morning. Stopping in Shreveport to pick up Emily on the way. I know we have other Houston area ladies going, and hope all will be safe.

ching_lizard
Sep 16 2008, 10:17 AM
Good to hear you weathered it out okay TB!

We took it pretty hard at the NW corner of Loop 610. The eye of Ike passed right over us there! Most of our damage seemed to come on the "front side" of the storm...most all of the trees that blew down were toppled from a "North-to-South" wind.

The scariest part was when we got hit with 12" of rain on Sunday morning. White Oak bayou (the one by TC Jester Park) overflowed its banks somewhere "upstream" from us and inundated our neighborhood. Water levels rose up at came within 6 feet of our front door before the rain finally slackened and it began to recede.

Still no power up here since about 9:30 on Friday night! Geez...we've been reduced to playing poker and Scrabble by headlamp! :D

Hope everyone else is safe and sound.

Sure am looking forward to getting some power back on again!

tbender
Sep 16 2008, 02:31 PM
Anyone heard from the Galveston crew? Jake? Lee? Ynfante?

yomamafoo
Sep 16 2008, 11:25 PM
That's what I was wondering, please someone tell me they are ok.

ching_lizard
Sep 18 2008, 09:50 AM
Yep!

Jake just posted up a long status message on the HFDS board. He and his family are OK after weathering out Ike in LA. He says that Lee DeForke didn't make out so well though...Lee got flooded out pretty badly.

crusher
Sep 19 2008, 09:13 AM
I'm in Houston for few days assesing storm damage and was wondering if anyone had a spare room to rent for 3 days?

It is next to impossible to find a hotel room down here . If anyone can help, please call Craig @ 770-527-7741

Thank you for any help availible. Hope to throw a few rounds while I'm here as well.

vinnie
Sep 19 2008, 09:21 AM
ching?
anyone?
Criag (on also known as Leyavair)is folks...a lil hyper but he has my seal of approval.
Craig!!!! see yah at USDGC ;)

ching_lizard
Sep 19 2008, 10:25 AM
Hey Craig!

We don't have power at our place or I'd extend an invitation to you. If you are interested (or THAT desparate) then shoot me a PM. We have no food, cold beverages or electricity.

Larry

vinnie
Sep 19 2008, 10:42 AM
Larry yah need a break give me a call......

ching_lizard
Sep 19 2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks V. I will...but once we get power back on, I think I'm gonna be busting it trying to get stuff cleaned up! We got stuff hanging on the fence and chairs out back just trying to get everything dry again! :D

I sure hope that our computers will run when we get power...I had to rescue them from about about 3" of standing water!

crusher
Sep 19 2008, 03:59 PM
Ching Lizard,

Thank you so much for the offer, I have been offered a place to stay so I'm covered.

I plan on being here for awhile to establish this work, and I would be interested in finding some people that have tree removal experiance. Or people that are willing to work hard all day long.

Please call me @770-527-7741.

BTW, thanks for the stamp Vinnie! See ya soon Bro.

frisbeeguy
Sep 19 2008, 05:56 PM
ching?
anyone?
Criag (on also known as Leyavair)is folks...a lil hyper but he has my seal of approval.
Craig!!!! see yah at USDGC ;)

Hmmmmm, is this really a good thing? :D

Sure wish I was joining ya in Rock Hill.

Craig's set up & has a back-up place if needed.

Travel safe & toss 'em in!