TerryBlanton
Aug 29 2008, 06:18 PM
Ace Race tournament in October 11 at BenGeren!!!

Format:
Two rounds of 18 holes, one throw per hole per player.

Course layout:
Holes are generally between 180 and 250 feet

Entry fee: $25

Player package:
Two identical Discraft discs, plus a SuperColor mini and a Discraft hat. A $55 value!

Rules of play:
Players are required to use the player package discs, and only these discs. If a disc is lost, the player has the option of using the second disc from the package. Only one throw per player per hole. Groups of up to eight players are generally acceptable, depending on course, time of day and TD discretion. Each player should have their own scorecard and mark "A" for aces and "M" for holes on which they hit metal.

After all players in the group have thrown, discs are picked up and the group moves directly to the next tee. Players keep their scorecards for round two, using the next line on the card to record the round.

The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winner. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then used to determine the event winner.

Prize package:
Grand prize for each event is a Discraft merchandise package, including a bag and ten premium discs. Events are also encouraged to offer an optional cash side pot for those who wish to participate, which is divided proportionally among the number of aces and/or metal hits.

Pre-registration required prior to Sept.21

ChrisEads
Sep 10 2008, 02:47 PM
So you plan on getting two rounds in and start at noon?

evandmckee
Sep 10 2008, 03:03 PM
We're talking about probably 15 to 25 players throwing 36 times (hopefully more players, but I think that's a realistic number)

ChrisEads
Sep 11 2008, 11:14 AM
I would prefer to get done earlier than later. But thats just me.

TerryBlanton
Sep 11 2008, 06:53 PM
I started it at noon so it wouldn't interfere with the weekly mini. The time is subject to change if it is OK to cancel the mini. Right now, only two people have pre-registered and Sept 21 is the deadline to guarantee entry!! I have to make sure everyone gets a players pack and they suggest three weeks for delivery. I have the initial 15 players packs and the ones who pre-register get their choice of hat color, and disc color/weight on a first come/first serve basis. If you want the best choice, email me at [email protected] and I will send you a registration sheet.

TerryBlanton
Sep 12 2008, 08:02 PM
I will have the registration papers at the Mini on Saturday, Sept 13th.

TerryBlanton
Sep 26 2008, 06:03 PM
I have 10 extra players packs so we can have up to 25 players. There will be sign-ups starting at 11:00 the day of the tournament or any time before at the minis.

MattScott
Sep 26 2008, 08:47 PM
Can I still send a reg-form?

MattScott
Oct 02 2008, 11:16 PM
I know at least me and my roomate want to come down and play, will you have players packs left?

evandmckee
Oct 03 2008, 11:12 AM
I think so...I don't think Terry gets on here alot so email him to be sure

[email protected]

don't forget, normal Saturday mini, 9am tee off at Ben Geren, you can play the mini and then do the Ace Race :cool:

madlittlecow
Oct 03 2008, 12:48 PM
Dang.. I wanna do it too, but I didn't see the pre-reg requirement until now. I wrote Terry an e-mail.. hope he gets it. I'll show up regardless and hope I can get in

evandmckee
Oct 03 2008, 01:04 PM
right on, the packs have to be ordered 3 weeks in advance, DIScraft mandates a $25 entry fee, initial order is 15 disc min., cost is $18 plus shipping, must order in increments of 10 over that, it's real easy to order too many and take a loss

so we have enough for 25 packs, if you want in, contact Terry soon, last I heard, I think he had 16 commited players

[email protected]

we'll also have some extra prizes to do whatever with, guaranteed fun :cool:

madlittlecow
Oct 06 2008, 06:26 AM
Terry wrote me an e-mail earlier and he said there will be plenty... I'll just show up an hour early and get it taken care of that way I guess.

Matt are you just driving down for the day or are you going to stay somewhere? I'll be down at my parents all weekend.

MattScott
Oct 06 2008, 10:10 AM
Not sure what im doin. for sure goin for the day, not sure if im gona make a weekend out of it. I will see if what shawn and brewer want to do and i will let you know what we are doin

TerryBlanton
Oct 07 2008, 11:04 AM
There are plenty of players packs. Everyone will be able to participate. Show up before the mini for a practice round.

rhedd
Oct 13 2008, 12:13 AM
How did it go?

evandmckee
Oct 13 2008, 12:36 PM
21 players (I think??), 3 aces, lots of metal

Tony Blanchard, Barry Joe and a lady from Russellville all hit aces, Tony and Barry Joe also had metal, went to a CTP and Tony won, he split the package and gave the Bag to Barry Joe and he now has a buch of new Discraft to learn to throw

good times, Thanks to Terry for running it :)

We played the Sat. morning mini from the short Ace Race tees, most stressful deuce or die round I've ever played

TerryBlanton
Oct 13 2008, 08:48 PM
The lady fom Russelville is Shelia Jackson. Thanks to everyone for coming out for the Ace Race. I hope everyone had a good time.

rhedd
Oct 14 2008, 05:41 PM
What is it with the guys who run these ace races turn around and win them. Mayo won his a couple of years ago too.

ChrisEads
Oct 14 2008, 06:39 PM
The winner wasnt the TD the winner was Tony and the TD was Terry. We dont rig our tournaments here in fort smith. :p Everyone has a chance to win.