jmc2442
Aug 28 2008, 10:20 AM
so, the KPizzle and myself had a great conversation yesterday. it went basically like this:

"dude, its labor day weekend, lets go and do something, lets play some gooooooolllllllllffffffff!"

well, after that glimpse into the furthest depths of intellect and reason we pondered two great possibilities for those not going to PawPaw.

if the baskets actually are proven to be in the new locations 7 Springs is 100% in order. Who doesnt want to play a mountain course designed by J Gar?!? I know that I sure do!

if the resort is slacking and hasnt setup the new track, well then folks there is an equally tempting offer... DDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB-V here we come! Seth Burton and Orange Crush... practicing up for the Pleasant Valley!

if you have a car and peeps to roll with join the caravan.

I can be contacted @ 412.418.7803 for info come Saturday.

For those going to Paw Paw, good luck and make sure come morning you can walk. :confused: :confused:

nitchkabob
Aug 30 2008, 01:19 PM
Cleveland Roc is where its at if you want to party tomorrow. Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, 5 kegs, and tons of prizes!

jmc2442
Aug 30 2008, 06:02 PM
fantasy football tonight... that makes the journey in the morning impossible for Stella or he'd be there.

kUrTp
Sep 02 2008, 10:31 AM
Stella, Alanna, and I made the trip to see the new back nine of Agent Orange. And let me tell you, It's West Virgina alright. If you like 10-15 foot wide fairways with trees galore and crazy downhill shots you'll be happy.

WEAR PANTS...I can't tell you enough times to WEAR PANTS. If you're off fairway not only will you add one shot to your score you'll end up with legs looking like you ran through a barbed wire fence.

I tried to remember each hole but I was "looking for discs" quite a bit, literately and figuratively speaking.

I might have got some holes mixed up with other but here goes.

Here's a rundown. No tee signs are up yet so I don't know the distances.

Hole #10 - Probably a par 4 that's down hill cut through the woods. Approx. 600 feet long with a slight bend to the left in the fairway. You can see the basket from tee. Stay in Fairway.

Hole #11 - This hole, Par 3, is a steep down hill shot with a pin located on a steep mound, with drop offs to left and behind pin. There is a dry creek bed that runs in front of this mound that is @ 10 feet deep. Stay in Fairway.

Hole #12 - Another steep downhill par 4. Super far and super tight. Lace one down about 400-450 and you'll have a look at the pin sitting on hillside above railroad tie steps. Once green gets tracked it will be a FAST green. Stay in Fairway

Hole #13 - Evalated tee looking across valley, par 3. Pin sits in open area. I would say it's about 350 to pin. Some branches block fairway so parking this shot is tough. Stay in Fairway

Hole #14 � Another downhill shot, par 3. This one is just as steep as #12. The pin sits between two creek beds that are @ 10 feet deep in spots. Stay in Fairway.

Hole #15 � Slightly uphill tee shot, dogleg left. It�s approx. 200-250 to 45 degree bend in fairway. After bend in fairway the green is tucked back to the right side. Stay in Fairway.

Hole #16 - Tee is painted on road that wraps around park. Tee shot goes into woods, downhill about 375-400 feet. Window is about as big as a Goocher's van. Stay in Fairway.

Hole #17 - I can't remember but Stay in Fairway.

Hole #18 - It's the West "My God, Are You Kidding Me" Virginia hole from HELL. This par 5 has a double dog leg. First is a left to right, 200 foot shot to landing area. Second is a right to left 200 foot shot to landing area. If you can manage those two shots you can see the pin about 350 feet away with a slight bend to the right. Stay in Fairway.

wvboarder
Sep 02 2008, 11:38 AM
Nice Job Kurt

Hole #10 might be a par 5

Hole #12 is actually about a 300 - 350 ft uphill Par 3 Slightly left Stay in the Fairway

Hole #12 is actually Hole #13
and Hole #13 is Hole #14

and your hole #14 and #16 id the same Hole

Hole #17 is like hole 15 Slightly uphill tee shot dogleg left. About 250 to the landing area then another 250 down to the pin. This is one of the bigger fairway but, stay in the fairway Par 4

Sorry I was out of town this past weekend I would have liked to play a round with you guys. If any one esle is interested In checking it out before the tourney just give me a shout.

jmc2442
Sep 02 2008, 12:39 PM
well... here are Stella's guidelines for the whole Dub-V "Orange Crush" experience.

1. bring a putter.

2. know how to throw said putter straight as an arrow for all distances between 250-400 feet.

3. do not throw drivers unless you KNOW that the ten foot fairway gap will be hit and nothing else.. if "something else" happens, well... good luck.

4. learn the motto "shule happens" and how to safely avoid entering said shule at ALL costs. if you find yourself deep, which you will, keep your head when trying to play out.

5. bring plenty of aide for finding lost discs. remember, shule happens, in this case, often.

6. leave the big arm at home.... position, position, position. :cool:

7. WATER and SNACKS. its a hike up n down n round there n'at

8. Bring a stool. there will be backups on tourney days.

9. wear pants. seriously, I cannot stress this enough.

10. rearead 1-9

honestly, give this course two good years of dragging/play and Pleasant Valley will have a 36 hole mecca... thats right, I said it. mecca. The Orange Crush design is sweet with ups and downs and arounds and lefts and rights. Fun, fun course... just brutally raw in its early stages.

My prediction... if you can shoot 70-72 BOTH rounds on Orange Crush during the Pleasant Valley Open you will be right in it to win it.

Now, if we could just do something about the baskets with the dang chastity belts

kUrTp
Sep 02 2008, 05:12 PM
One more thing...Watch out for Caterpillars!!! No joke, I had one crawl on the back of my neck and 30 seconds after I knocked it off it felt like a combination of the worst case of poison ivy and battery acid on my skin. Two minutes after my skin looked blistered and was so **** ichy. I almost had to quit the round.