wvboarder
Aug 27 2008, 12:27 PM
Presented by the West Virginia Disc Golf Association

Sat-Sun, Sep 20-21, 2008
PDGA Sanctioned B-Tier

When: September 20th - 21st, 2008 Registration Ends at 8:30 AM, Players meeting at 9:00 AM

Where: Morris Park in Fairmont, WV Meet at the Pavilion by #1

What: 2 days, 3 Rounds of 18 holes with cash payouts, CTP's, Ace Fund and Prizes!!

Courses: The Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Course and Orange Crush

Entry Fees:
Open - $75.00
All Other Op. $65.00
Adv. - $53.00
Int. - $33.00
Rec. - $33.00
Novice/Jr. - $28.00
*$10 fee for non-PDGA members

*Player packs for all Am�s

All Divisions offered. *Minimum 4 players to make a division excluding juniors

~Maximum field TBA~

*Players' pack includes a Custom Stamped Tourney Disc!!

Pre-Registrations: Send Check or Money Order with Name and Division

West Virginia Disc Golf Association
87 Fairmont Ave.
Fairmont, WV 26554

or

Register Via PayPal by clicking here

or here

Questions? send an email to [email protected]

Directions: I-79; exit 135 (Pleasant Valley Rd.). Turn towards Pleasant Valley, 0.3 mile to a left at stop sign, 0.3 mile to a right into Morris Park (large blind curve). Park in entrance cul-de-sac or around park to the 2nd pavilion. 1st tee next to pavilion.

Lunch Available for $5.00

Special Limited Edition fund raiser discs on-sale!!
Pre-tourney registration is available now via PayPal here

http://www.wvdiscgolf.org/PV2008reg.php

and the PDGA website is now being updated with each new pre-register here:

http://pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7448

wvboarder
Aug 27 2008, 12:50 PM
*first 50 pre-registered ams receive a Custom ColorMax Disc
Saturday - Registration 8:00 - 9:00 am/Players Meeting 9:00 am/Tee Off 9:30 am

Saturday Format
Advanced/Open will play Orange Crush for 2 rounds
Int, Rec, Nov. play 2 rounds on the Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Course

Sunday Format
Int,Rec,Nov will play 1 round at Orange Crush - Tee Off 8:30 am
Advanced/Open will play 1 round on the Seth Burton Memorial DGC - Tee Off 9:30 am

www.wvdiscgolf.org (http://www.wvdiscgolf.org)

gotcha
Sep 03 2008, 06:12 PM
My entry fee was mailed today! :)

kUrTp
Sep 04 2008, 09:15 AM
Now that your entry fee is mailed, don't forget to wear PANTS on Saturday...

jmc2442
Sep 17 2008, 04:29 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

sandalbagger
Sep 17 2008, 06:04 PM
what you not going Stella?

kUrTp
Sep 18 2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, he had some hot fire in his pants and got busted...

sandalbagger
Sep 18 2008, 11:08 AM
oh no. not good.

Joshua_Smith
Sep 18 2008, 04:03 PM
Stella, I would love to have you caddy for me this weekend - I don't think i could pay u that much but, at least you could get a few happy meals out of the whole thing ;-)

jmc2442
Sep 20 2008, 06:58 PM
no ridin dirty.... just too fast. speeding ticket 200+ dollars.

Joshua_Smith
Sep 21 2008, 07:18 PM
Full Results check here
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7448#Open

Pro Payout
1st Chris Deitzel $655
2nd Sid Olcott $415
3rd Tim Wright $305
4th Jim Roberts $225

kUrTp
Sep 22 2008, 04:26 PM
Did the Steel City make out or what?!?! Chris, Sid, and Tim took home some cash.

Matty, Alanna, Sexy Rexy, and myself took home some new plastic.

I also took home some sore muscles and exhaustion.

Orange Crush...You'll never see me again.

sandalbagger
Sep 22 2008, 05:51 PM
You scared Kurt?? It wasn't that bad. Hole 18 was pretty ridiculous, and there was a lot of brush. But some of those holes are just awesome!!! I'll be there next year for sure.

Rex_Trimm
Sep 22 2008, 08:16 PM
I'll take my shots at it again. I think that course is gonna be real sweet in about 2 to 3 years.

kUrTp
Sep 23 2008, 09:14 AM
You scared Kurt?? It wasn't that bad. Hole 18 was pretty ridiculous, and there was a lot of brush. But some of those holes are just awesome!!! I'll be there next year for sure.

Actually, I Agree, It's not as bad as I might say. The back nine is a ton of fun minus all the piles of brush. I just like to say stupid things like that. I definity won't play two rounds of OC casually.

Joshua_Smith
Sep 23 2008, 10:51 AM
yeah, there is some brush IF you get off the fairway. It will be beat down in time. Now we are working on creating short tee pads for OC to make it more fair for the Ams :-)

sandalbagger
Sep 23 2008, 11:13 AM
Josh, I don't mind rough and brush if you are OFF the fairway, but when you are just on the edge of the fairway it makes for a rough day. You guys just need to keep dragging. Instead of lining the fairways with the brush, you really need to drag it at least 50 feet from the fairway. Then, it will be beautiful.

wvboarder
Sep 23 2008, 01:31 PM
Congrats to all the Pittsburgher's. Especially Chris nice job...Can you say paid day. Sid with 415 and Timmy with 305 isn't to shabby either.

We will get there in time, but for now keep it in the fairway.

sandalbagger
Sep 23 2008, 02:06 PM
Rough didn't bother me in Saturday because I learned on Friday that I WOULD be in it. No matter what :) And I knew just to accept it on Saturday.

Also ate 4 granola bars each round on Orange Crush just to keep my brain functioning.

Nice shooting ROSS!!!!! I knew you had it in you. Nice shooting on the 2nd round.

Rex_Trimm
Sep 23 2008, 02:56 PM
Well, I thought the Crush was bad assed and is only gonna get better. It was fun watching people on my card approach it with drivers and just getting jacked.

I think the drag and burn method that Josh was talking about is the money. But I wouldn't change much other than the brush piles. That course is meant to be what it is. And I would certainly play it anytime I was close enough to make the trip.

sandalbagger
Sep 23 2008, 05:04 PM
It was bad-[censored]. I'm glad we practiced it Rex. All of that practice is what had my head all together to win this weekend. I knew if I could get through Saturday with a small lead, that The Original would be kind to me as long as I followed my notes we made. Those helped so much.

And now....3 of my last 4 tournament rounds, I have beat the entire field in the tournament. NICE!! It has taken many years to get to this point, but I think I finally figured out the mental aspect of the game. Your not always going to play good, so you got to figure out how to keep a bad game from getting worse. Play your safest shots when things seem to be spiraling out of control, and don't let a few bad holes or putts change your attitude in the round. Disc Golf is fun, if your not having fun during a tournament round, then you need to figure out to have fun.

Joshua_Smith
Sep 24 2008, 10:30 AM
Great job to all the 'Burghers who made it down, too bad there was not a greater Pitt turnout.

I agree to disagree on the rough :-)

Joshua_Smith
Sep 24 2008, 04:31 PM
Dedication of Orange Crush/Rex on TV! (http://www.wdtv.com/news/28702004.html)

Rex_Trimm
Sep 25 2008, 10:06 AM
The Lady Poole and Money Matt are on it too. Sweet that it made the news Josh. I told that girl that if my drive sucked to erase it.

kUrTp
Sep 25 2008, 10:29 AM
They got my back on there. And when Money Matt is putting you can see my Magnet fly pass the basket.

gotcha
Sep 25 2008, 10:36 AM
Too bad the media doesn't know how to spell "disc" golf. Someone in the editing room probably saw "disc" golf and assumed a mistake was made and decided to correct the spelling to "disk"...

jmc2442
Sep 25 2008, 10:39 AM
I told that girl that if my drive sucked to erase it.

well clearly she didnt listen to you. What were you thinking Sexay Rexy?... :o

Rex_Trimm
Sep 25 2008, 01:37 PM
Oh Stella, hope that shoulder feels better so you can stay off my card this weekend. If you think that drive was ugly, wait until you see some of the new and improved things I have under the cape for DL.

sandalbagger
Sep 26 2008, 11:46 AM
In defense of Rex, he actually tried to throw his shots like that. I think he said, "well I'll go to the left of the tree and it will just skip and slide to the basket"

Really wasn't a bad idea. I wonder if my interview with the news made it to broadcast?