UncleBob
Aug 26 2008, 02:39 AM
Hi all Uncle Bob here
I am asking those who can to help by donating discs.hats,shirts and of course money order or check. We, the Lynn Family and I wish to honor Darrell Lynn's Memory by buying a large bronze plaque with his HOF pic and lots of his accomplishments. We, the disc golf community. owe a lot to him. Please we need $3000.00 to reach or goal for the plaque he so deserves. The plaque will be permanently placed at the Meeman-Shelby course that he and Steady Ed co designed and installed in 1978. It only takes a couple of discs from maybe a hundred people and we could get to our goal. We are doing an ebay auction my name is discmanbob51 or the Darrell Lynn Memorial ebay store. Even if they are regular run discs and I can get 5-6 dollars for them that puts us closer. Everyone has a stash of discs they may never throw but keep anyway. Now is a good time to reduce your clutter and help a very worthy cause. We need help from all who can even 1 disc can make a difference
Thanks and please help
my cell is 870-650-1332 please send donations to
Uncle Bob Thurmon
c/o Darrell Lynn Memorial
105 Brown Ln.
Trumann, Ar. 72472

UncleBob
Dec 24 2009, 04:17 PM
On behalf of the Darrell Lynn PDGA 0784 and the Uncle Bob Thurmon family I wish all my disc golf family and friends a very Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year
Uncle Bob Thurmon PDGA 3230.
The memorial plaque is now mounted permantly at the Meeman Shelby Forest disc golf course. Thanks to all the disc golf community for making this tribute happen.

UncleBob
Dec 24 2009, 04:20 PM
This is one of my favorite pics of Darrell and I just after the 89 Worlds in Iowa
Be safe be kind
Uncle Bob

gdstour
Jan 24 2010, 05:05 PM
that looks like you kenny and avery??

, btw,,
do you have a picture of the plaque in the ground??

UncleBob
Aug 20 2010, 10:38 PM
Dave the picture of the actual plaque is now permanently mounted at the Meeman shelby forest course. Go to face book Bob Thurmon and you will see a pic of the plaque
Thanks for your help
Uncle Bob