mikenorris
Aug 25 2008, 10:45 PM
The 2008 North Carolina Flying Disc Championships will take place September 12-14 at Middle Creek Park. This is a new course and we have lots of field space for field events.

We will play 3 rounds of disc golf at Middle Creek and we will participate in field events making this an all around event.
The field events consist of Doubles Disc Court<sup>*</sup>, Distance, Maximum Time Aloft, and Accuracy.

<sup>*</sup> - Doubles Disc Court will only be used to crown the Professional overall champion. Amateurs are welcome to play but they will not receive points for the overall title.

This is a sanctioned PDGA C-Tier event and a North Carolina Points Series Event.

Entry Fees:
All Pro Divisions: 50.00
All Advanced Divisions: 40.00
All Intermediate Divisions: 30.00
Recreational / Jr. Divisions: 25.00
Please add 10 dollars if you are not a current PDGA member.

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AS THERE WILL BE NO ON SITE REGISTRATION.
THE FIELD IS LIMITED TO 72 PLAYERS AND YOU MUST REGISTER BY THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2008 9:00 PM EDT.

2008 FDC flyer ('http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2008-north-carolina-flying-disc-championships.pdf')

FDC Registration form ('http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2008-fdc-registration.pdf') [PDF] This can be filled out within Acrobat and then you can print and mail.

Register online with PayPal (http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/paypal/FDC08.html) (additional $2 service fee taken by PayPal)

Schedule:
Friday September 12, 2008
6:00 PM - Doubles Disc Court

Saturday September 13, 2008
7:30 AM - Check-In Opens
7:30 AM - Field events start
8:45 AM - Check-In Closes
10:00 AM - Field events complete
10:00 AM - City of Cary Ribbon Cutting ceremony for Middle Creek Park
~10:30 AM - Field Event Finals
12:15 PM - Clear fields
~1:30 PM - First round of Disc Golf

Sunday September 14, 2008
9:00 AM - 2nd Round of Disc Golf
1 hour after last scorecard it turned in - 3rd Round of Disc Golf
Awards

Tournament Director Contact Information
Mike Norris
919-696-9577
[email protected]

willisbunc
Aug 26 2008, 06:45 PM
What discs do most people use for MTA and whats involved with the Accuracy contest?

MTL21676
Aug 26 2008, 08:55 PM
most people use a fastback or a very light lynx. there will be plenty out there for everyone to use as RADL has some and lots of golfers like Kirk and I will use them. There is a basic strategy for throwing MTA and I will be glad to show you how to do it while we are out there.

The accuracy uses Zephyrs and these are provided by RADL

jefferson
Aug 27 2008, 10:13 AM
always a fun event...

who will be the 1st to break 40 at middle creek?

interested to see how 4 - 5 will play

MTL21676
Aug 27 2008, 10:17 AM
who will be the 1st to break 40 at middle creek?

Wow, I don't think its that easy.

jefferson
Aug 27 2008, 10:35 AM
ok... we'll see what happens when TThe Pro gets 3 cracks at it

MTL21676
Aug 27 2008, 10:43 AM
ok... we'll see what happens when TThe Pro gets 3 cracks at it

He's playing the yetter that weekend.

However, I do think that course sets up really really well for him.

jefferson
Aug 27 2008, 10:45 AM
think so? thumber, hyzer, anny shark

MTL21676
Aug 27 2008, 10:48 AM
Exactly my point :D

jefferson
Aug 27 2008, 10:57 AM
or mine of sub 40

veganray
Aug 27 2008, 12:22 PM
What discs do most people use for MTA and whats involved with the Accuracy contest?

Light Condor or Lynx is fine for MTA in decent wind, but FB6 is my weapon of choice for almost any conditions. Zephyr &amp; Ultrastar are cool for accuracy, but those in the know go for an ancient-skool Apple. Sooooo sweet &amp; straight.

jrsnapp
Aug 27 2008, 04:49 PM

Light Condor or Lynx is fine for MTA in decent wind, but FB6 is my weapon of choice for almost any conditions. Zephyr &amp; Ultrastar are cool for accuracy, but those in the know go for an ancient-skool Apple. Sooooo sweet &amp; straight.

I do believe we are using the Zephyr.

mikenorris
Aug 27 2008, 08:34 PM
603.01 Accuracy:

* A. Play: A player shall make four throws from each station for a total of 28 throws, with the objective to have as many throws as possible pass through the target area. He or she shall complete all four throws at each station before moving on to the next station. The stations may be carried out in any order. No one may be positioned in or near the target. However, a person may be designated to assist in retrieving thrown discs.
* B. Discs: The player shall provide at least four of his or her own discs as per section 602.01. It is advised that an additional disc be available in the event of damage to one of the discs.
* C. Time: A total of 7 minutes shall be allowed for completion of the 28 attempts. A time warning shall be given at 1 minute remaining. Any throw which is released after the expiration of the 7 minute period shall be deemed an unsuccessful throw.
* D. Foul: No supporting point of the player shall rest on or beyond the foul lines or their extensions at the moment of his or her release. A follow-through motion which crosses the foul line after the release is permissible. Any foul shall count as an unsuccessful throw.
* E. Good Throw: A good throw shall be made whenever the thrown disc passes entirely through the target plane from front to back and a foul or time violation is not committed.
* F. Scoring: A good throw shall count as one point. An unsuccessful throw shall receive no points.

602.01 Discs: A player may use one or more of any type of flying disc, so long as they meet the minimum requirements set forth in Article I of the WFDF rules and the specific requirements for accuracy in paragraph 602.01(A). The discs need not be identical.

* A. Special Restrictions: For game design and safety considerations, discs in accuracy play must meet both the W.F.D.F. general disc specifications (section 107) and these additional specifications:
o (1) Rim configuration: must achieve a rim configuration rating of 75 or greater (may NOT be beveled - see section 108 [D]).
o (2) Leading edge radius: must have a leading edge radius that is greater than 1/16 in (1.6 mm) (see section 108[E]).
o (3) Weight: must weigh no more than 6.7 gm per cm of outside diameter.
o (4) Rigidity: must not exceed 89.3 N (9.1 kg / 20 lbs.) of pressing force as measured by the flexibility testing procedure (see section 108[F]).

So long story short you can use your own discs as long as you can provide enough to complete the event. The disc can not have a beveled edge.

RADL will have enough zephyrs for accuracy that people can use for the event but players are able to bring their own discs as long as they meet the requirements and they can complete the event in the allotted time. I would suggest having 28 of the discs to ensure you can meet the time allowed.

mikenorris
Aug 27 2008, 08:41 PM
Middle Creek Picture Guide of the holes in slideshow format.

http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/middlecreek.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/activecurrent/MiddleCreekDiscGolfCourse/photo#s5235165194572422674)

mikenorris
Aug 27 2008, 08:43 PM
Here is a quick overview of the course from an google. This is an approximation and works well for getting around the course. Distances of lines on the map are likely not "accurate".

Google Maps view of course (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=112155050822261674831. 0004522bb3c83108ec173&amp;ll=35.664915,-78.762918&amp;spn=0.010076,0.022488&amp;t=h&amp;z=16)

cwphish
Aug 28 2008, 09:41 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this so you would see it.........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EL CAPITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

jefferson
Aug 28 2008, 10:24 AM
good pics... any idea what the ToTal distance is? 4800?

MTL21676
Aug 28 2008, 10:37 AM
good pics... any idea what the ToTal distance is? 4800?

That's pretty close I would guess. I just ran through and did an estimated distance based on my ideas and some holes that I know how far they are after asking Mike and I got roughly 5000 for the total.

veganray
Aug 28 2008, 10:58 AM
I would suggest having 28 of the discs to ensure you can meet the time allowed.

No way. 4 is plenty. You can retrieve the 4 (with the help of the spotter(s)) between stations &amp; make the time <u>easily</u>.

MTL21676
Aug 28 2008, 11:08 AM
Whether or not 4 is enough or 28 is way to much, we use 28 at this tournament.

jrsnapp
Sep 03 2008, 04:44 PM
Ok, Had to get this thread back near the top. Where is everyone at? Week and a half to go. Sign up people!

veganray
Sep 03 2008, 04:49 PM
If you want to provide 28,000,000 Zephyrs, rock on. Just don't give anybody any guff when they show up with their own 4 Apples &amp; are ready to go, as they will easily be able to finish within the rules of the WFDF.

TiMMAY
Sep 03 2008, 10:04 PM
I played the front 9 for the 1st time today. Wow!! Short holes, but deadly if you miss the fairway. A good mix of lefty,righty, and thumber holes. I hope the tee on #6 is marked farther away from the tee post. I whacked my hand on it. Can't wait to play the back nine.

Tony Tomasino Sighting!!! I found a note on my truck from the T-Man. :cool:

MTL21676
Sep 03 2008, 10:06 PM
The back nine is much much tougher.

10 is the hardest hole on the course, 11 and 12 have OB, 13 14 an 16 are tight, 17 could be a par 4 or 5 for the tournament and anything can happen on 18.

But yes, the front 9 is pretty basic. Although 9 is tough.

jefferson
Sep 04 2008, 11:10 AM
Wow!! Short holes

I hope the tee on #6 is marked farther away from the tee post. I whacked my hand on it.

saw this as well, luckily i didnt whack my hand. dont understand why tee signs are ever put at the front of tees. its usually worse for the lefties, righties usually dont think about their follow throughs.

mrkulp
Sep 04 2008, 11:23 AM
The back nine is much much tougher.

10 is the hardest hole on the course, 11 and 12 have OB, 13 14 an 16 are tight, 17 could be a par 4 or 5 for the tournament and anything can happen on 18.

But yes, the front 9 is pretty basic. Although 9 is tough.

Where is the tee going to be for 17 to make it a par 4/5. That sounds like it could be interesting.

MTL21676
Sep 04 2008, 11:24 AM
the pic guide on RDG shows the possible tee for the par 4. Not sure where the par 5 would be - Mike just said he and Kirk had looked at something.

mrkulp
Sep 04 2008, 11:40 AM
Oh, I found it thanks. That does look cool but doesn't seem that much longer than the actually tee since they backed it up to the sidewalk.

Also all the dirt holes have pine straw down in the fairways and Tony was out there last night laying out rocks to designate both long and short tees.

jrsnapp
Sep 04 2008, 05:26 PM
Oh, I found it thanks. That does look cool but doesn't seem that much longer than the actually tee since they backed it up to the sidewalk.

It's about the same for #17. I actually pointed it out when we were standing at the other tee with Mike, Kevin and Craig. It's a nice shot but if you used it there would have to be a mando left of the light pole. That tee would keep it a par three. If they backed it up to the hill behind the current tee, that would make it a par four.

mikenorris
Sep 04 2008, 09:11 PM
All tees that will be used for the NCFDC's were marked with flags the last time I was out there. I am not sure if people have moved the flags though as it has been about a week and a half since I was there. 17 will be a par 3 for the event due to the softball event going on at the same time. We are trying to stay out of the field to make sure we do not interfere.

I should make it out there tomorrow and I will try to reflag anything that is not correct. OB was partially painted on hole 5 and if possible I will touch that up tomorrow as well. Hole 6 will have OB down at the bottom in the marshy part.

The teepad for hole 6 should be far enough away from the post that nobody should hit it. I will try to make sure the flags are put out tomorrow to indicate the teepad.

All teepads will be natural except for the following holes were you will tee from concrete/asphalt.

Hole 6,8,10,15,17 have concrete/asphalt sidewalks or walking paths.

We are about halfway full right now and there is NO SATURDAY REGISTRATION!!!

If you need a place to stay Kirk has told me he still has room.

mikenorris
Sep 04 2008, 09:23 PM
Directions to Middle Creek Disc Golf course

GPS coordinates for the entrance to the park for those with a GPS
35.66243671869845, -78.76461267471313
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=e...&amp;iwloc=addr (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=35.66243671869845,+-78.76461267471313&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;z=16&amp;iwloc=addr)

From the North
Travel South on US 1
Take exit 96 for Ten Ten Rd Turn Right at the top of the ramp
Go approximately 2.5 miles and turn right on Kildaire Farm Rd
Follow Kildaire Farm Rd to the end and turn right on Holly Springs Rd
Continue on Holly Springs Rd for 0.6 miles and turn left on Holly Springs Rd.
Take your first left on Optimist Farm Rd.
Continue on Optimist Farm Rd for 1.7 miles and the park is on your left
If you get to West Lake Rd you have gone too far.
The parking lot is the first lot on the left as you enter the park.

From the South
Travel North on US 1
Take exit 95 for NC 55 Turn Right at the top of the ramp
Go approximately 1.5 miles and turn left on East Williams St
Go 0.8 miles and turn left on Sunset Lake Rd
Continue on Sunset Lake road for 2.9 miles and turn left on Optimist Farm Rd.
(This is the first left after Holly Springs Rd.)

From the East
Take Interstate 40 West to exit 319 for NC-210 W toward Angier
Turn left at NC-210 and go 1.3 miles
Turn right at NC-50 N and go 8.8 miles
Turn left at Ten-Ten Rd and go 6.1 miles
Turn left at Lake Wheeler Rd and go 1.1 miles
Turn right at Optimist Farm Rd and go 2.7 miles and the park is on your right

dwiggmd
Sep 04 2008, 09:32 PM
you hate people from the west - admit it!!!

ps just kidding. google maps is just fine.

mikenorris
Sep 04 2008, 10:18 PM
you hate people from the west - admit it!!!

ps just kidding. google maps is just fine.

From the West
Head East to US1 and follow directions from the South or North depending on where your relation to Raleigh is. ;)

mrkulp
Sep 04 2008, 11:58 PM
All tees that will be used for the NCFDC's were marked with flags the last time I was out there. I am not sure if people have moved the flags though as it has been about a week and a half since I was there. 17 will be a par 3 for the event due to the softball event going on at the same time. We are trying to stay out of the field to make sure we do not interfere.

I should make it out there tomorrow and I will try to reflag anything that is not correct. OB was partially painted on hole 5 and if possible I will touch that up tomorrow as well. Hole 6 will have OB down at the bottom in the marshy part.

The teepad for hole 6 should be far enough away from the post that nobody should hit it. I will try to make sure the flags are put out tomorrow to indicate the teepad.

All teepads will be natural except for the following holes were you will tee from concrete/asphalt.

Hole 6,8,10,15,17 have concrete/asphalt sidewalks or walking paths.

We are about halfway full right now and there is NO SATURDAY REGISTRATION!!!

If you need a place to stay Kirk has told me he still has room.

Flags have been replaced by rocks out there.

deoldphart
Sep 05 2008, 08:43 AM
I think I'm in, Mike? ;)

MTL21676
Sep 05 2008, 09:19 AM
yes Rocky. I paid for you. You own me 25 bux :D

deoldphart
Sep 05 2008, 01:44 PM
Great, thanks MTL, be safe, and tell JJ to study... ;)

TiMMAY
Sep 05 2008, 08:23 PM
Check is in da mail. I'm play'n REC Rock. I'm gunn'n for ya!!! :D

deoldphart
Sep 05 2008, 08:31 PM
Be careful TImmay, I may add you to the Milk Carton for Baggers Most wanted...LOL, besides, I wear a
Bagger Pr ;) ;)F vest.

TiMMAY
Sep 05 2008, 08:56 PM
Mike, Will there be a practice station for accuracy like last year?

mikenorris
Sep 05 2008, 09:52 PM
The "Plan" is for there to be one practice station and 2 official stations. No throws on the practice station will count for your official score.

The discs shipped today looking forward to seeing how the stamp turned out.

TiMMAY
Sep 05 2008, 10:13 PM
Right On Bro!! :cool:

deoldphart
Sep 06 2008, 04:53 AM
Only for players over 5'6" ;)

dwiggmd
Sep 06 2008, 01:57 PM
RADL will have enough zephyrs for accuracy that people can use for the event but players are able to bring their own discs as long as they meet the requirements and they can complete the event in the allotted time. I would suggest having 28 of the discs to ensure you can meet the time allowed.

Is a rhino a "beveled edge" disc? Where is that defined?

Chris Hysell
Sep 06 2008, 09:21 PM
Whether or not 4 is enough or 28 is way <font color="red"> too </font> much, we use 28 at this tournament.

do point totals carry into the finals or reset?

MTL21676
Sep 06 2008, 11:03 PM
traditionally, they are re-set.

mikenorris
Sep 07 2008, 10:54 AM

Is a rhino a "beveled edge" disc? Where is that defined?

A Rhyno is not a beveled edge disc but I do not think a Rhyno could be used for accuracy as it does not pass the 6.7 grams/cm rule. You would need a rhyno that is less than or equal to 142 grams to pass this rule (if my math is right).

mikenorris
Sep 07 2008, 11:00 AM
Whether or not 4 is enough or 28 is way <font color="red"> too </font> much, we use 28 at this tournament.

do point totals carry into the finals or reset?

It depends on where MTL is standing in the overall. I will likely use whichever method will help Rob come in 2nd again.. ;)

We had a lot of discussion last year on including the prelims in the finals and I imagine we will set what we are going to use this Tuesday at the meeting. After the meeting I will try to answer this question for sure to let people know.

TiMMAY
Sep 07 2008, 03:07 PM
Yo Rock! I just discovered a secret that will elevate my game. Practice Throwing STRAIGHT !!!!!! Wow, why didn't I think of that before? :D

mikenorris
Sep 07 2008, 07:10 PM
Here is a picture of the field we will be using for distance that I took earlier today when Jay, Kevin, and I made sure all the distances are correct after the changes to the course.

This field looks amazing and we have just over 600 feet of flat land to throw on.
http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/images/distance_field_fdc.jpg

Hopefully somebody will be able to throw outside of the field space but I kind of doubt it.

Chris Hysell
Sep 07 2008, 08:47 PM
it's been a long time since I played a new course near Raleigh.

I never saw hole lengths. Does this course have alt pins? Alt tees?

willisbunc
Sep 07 2008, 09:22 PM
It would probably take me two drives and a putt to get it out of that park!

deoldphart
Sep 08 2008, 02:20 PM
Would love to join all my Bagger buddies for this, however, Hurrican Hannah, has caused me major flood damage in my basment, so I will need all my free time for awhile to repair,clean up her mess. :mad:. I am now the current leader of the Bagger's Cup, and The H :cool::cool:ters Cup.

See all soon, ;)

TiMMAY
Sep 08 2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Mikey, Since Rock isn't play'n REC, can you bump me up to Intermediate? I'll bring a 5-spot Sattidy. :cool:

Thanx, TiMMAY!!!!!

MTL21676
Sep 08 2008, 10:31 PM
Course looks GREAT.

I honestly did not expect this course to be PDGA ready by this weekend but wow, it is ready.

Hats off to Mike Norris (who everytime I call him he is at the course working), Jay Pontier and the City of Cary!

This will be a classic example of people from out of town not realizing what this course looked like a few weeks ago and the way it looks now.

mikenorris
Sep 08 2008, 10:56 PM
it's been a long time since I played a new course near Raleigh.

I never saw hole lengths. Does this course have alt pins? Alt tees?

( Scorecard (http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/scorecards/fdc_middle_creek_scorecard.pdf) )

Everyone will play the same tees. There are not alt pins or alt pads that we will be playing.

mikenorris
Sep 08 2008, 11:22 PM
Hats off to Mike Norris (who everytime I call him he is at the course working)

Rob does not call me that often or at least when he does I might be at the course.

I can not thank Jay Pontier and Tony Clark of Cary Parks and Recreation enough for their efforts out at the course.

I also need to thank my employer for understanding why I am just up and gone in the middle of the day to get things done these past few weeks.

Things are coming together though.

If you are coming please sign up to make things easier for everyone.

mikenorris
Sep 09 2008, 08:31 AM
Robert informed me I had a small typo in the directions sheet. The sheet has been corrected and here is the corrected version here as well.

From the North
Travel South on US 1
Take exit 96 for Ten Ten Rd Turn Right at the top of the ramp
Go approximately 2.5 miles and turn right on Kildaire Farm Rd
Follow Kildaire Farm Rd to the end and turn right on Holly Springs Rd
Continue on Holly Springs Rd for 0.6 miles and turn left on <font color="red">Sunset Lake Rd.</font>
Take your first left on Optimist Farm Rd.

TiMMAY
Sep 09 2008, 09:52 PM
If anybody's interested in play'n Advanced Masters, I'm game. We need 3. How bout it DW sr? :D

Chris Hysell
Sep 10 2008, 08:07 AM
I can play

TiMMAY
Sep 10 2008, 09:00 AM
Your rating is too high for me. I'll stick to intermediate. :D

mjhofman
Sep 10 2008, 10:08 AM
Can anyone inform us all of any OB's and/or Mando's there will be this weekend?

Chris Hysell
Sep 10 2008, 11:39 AM

It doesn't look like I can make it anyway. What does my rating mean? Actually it means i'm playing the worst golf of my life. Since it says i'm 940 that means i'm playing sub-900 golf. It's on a decline, not an increase.

TiMMAY
Sep 10 2008, 05:07 PM
I hear ya Chris. My game is on the upswing this year. But I've been practicing like hell. Maybe I'll be back up to Pro Master by the end of next year. :D

bbwrenn
Sep 11 2008, 03:35 PM

Oh come on Tim, you know you want to play Rec with me and the crew!!

Woooooooooo FDC's! T-minus 26 hours to Raleigh...

Edit: Actually, I guess that's Cary! Can't wait to check out Middle Creek :cool:

MTL21676
Sep 11 2008, 03:36 PM
Heck yeah!!

DDC Friday night at 6. Ams, come play or watch.

It honestly is a blast! Hands down my favorite event.

bschweberger
Sep 11 2008, 04:44 PM
MTA is my favorite cause I get to see MtL ...run........ and fall down if we are lucky... ;) :D :)

TiMMAY
Sep 11 2008, 05:54 PM
"Oh come on Tim, you know you want to play Rec with me and the crew!!"

I'm Skeered of you Baggers! :D

TiMMAY
Sep 11 2008, 06:43 PM
Rock, you out there? Take off your snorkel. ;)

willisbunc
Sep 11 2008, 08:10 PM
I would have thought that this tourney would fill. Where is everybody?

deoldphart
Sep 11 2008, 10:23 PM
Timmay, I am here, and playing in this tnmt. Got my kitchen pass. Have worked hard this week, all dry at the moment, sealant going on at 0400, Sat morning. Will play while sealant dries. Now that is a plan, whoooooaaaa

Mini Thumber, Cary Bound T-34hrs, Leader of the Hooters, and Bagger Cup, Yep, I'm a pretty good Rec player :D ;)

TiMMAY
Sep 12 2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Mikey, Since Rock isn't play'n REC, can you bump me up to Intermediate? I'll bring a 5-spot Sattidy. :cool:

Thanx, TiMMAY!!!!!

Mike, Can you switch me back to REC? TiMMAY is Gunn'n for The Rock!! :D:D

crotts
Sep 12 2008, 05:35 PM
see yall in the morning, have fun with DDC.

somebody bring a camera to record tizzle running, America's Funniest pays out good for stuff like that.

: ) :

TiMMAY
Sep 12 2008, 06:02 PM
Max Crotts......"Smoothe As Buttah".... :D

deoldphart
Sep 12 2008, 07:27 PM
He He, I have seen your aim, not worried. Come on Timmay, I got sum mo. Jerry is pretty quite after that last tnmt.
Cool Vanilla Hemi, T-13 hrs

TiMMAY
Sep 12 2008, 07:39 PM
Rock, I found the Light!! Like Jake and Elwood Blues at the Church. I can "See" the flight of my disc B4 I throw!!!!!!! Watch out for "TiMMAY the Sniper" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p ;) :cool::D

deoldphart
Sep 12 2008, 07:48 PM
See ya abouit 0800, bring your other A game because that otter A game was tired ;)

TiMMAY
Sep 12 2008, 08:46 PM
................Sniper............................ .... :p

TiMMAY
Sep 12 2008, 08:59 PM
Time for my: Voodoo-Ninja Ritual !!!! See Yah Game Time!! :D

deoldphart
Sep 12 2008, 10:57 PM
You better bring more than the poo poo ritual :p

MTL21676
Sep 12 2008, 11:19 PM
DDC Results

5. Frank Murray / TJ Murray (3-3)
6. Fred Moran / Terry Gallops (1-5)
7. Nate Brewer / Michael Toomes (0-6)

Playoff Results

Richard Paschal / Curtis Proghel (6-0) def. Robert Leonard / Kirk Yoo (4-2) 11-4
Mike Hofmann / Jeb Bryant (3-3) def. Jeremy Koling / D Silver (4-2) 12-10

Consultation
Koling / Silver def. Leonard / Yoo 11-7

Championship
Pashcal / Proghel def. Bryant / Hofmann 11-1

Great fun as always!!!

MTL21676
Sep 13 2008, 07:30 PM
1st round scores in open

1. Hofmann 45
2. McRee 46
3. Wiggins, Jr. 50
T4. MTL 51
T4. Kyle Jackson 51
T6. Jeb Bryant 52
T6. Jeremy Koling 52
8. Fred Moran 53
9. Jay Clark 54
10. Jeff Kozak 58
11. Ed Williams DNF

Not sure about field events but I would imagine Koling probably is leading. Only person to make finals in all events.

MTL21676
Sep 13 2008, 09:44 PM
and scores are up!!

and ratings are accurate - wohoo!!

otimechamp
Sep 13 2008, 10:56 PM
when is t time on sunday?

TiMMAY
Sep 13 2008, 10:58 PM
Thought I'd post so it won't be an MTL marathon. I lost my MoJo today. But I'll bring it tomorrow BaBy!!!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mrkulp
Sep 13 2008, 11:14 PM
How are there not more advanced players below par?

Was it real windy or something?

otimechamp
Sep 13 2008, 11:16 PM
tee time???

DCC
Sep 13 2008, 11:30 PM
Tee @ 9

How are there not more advanced players below par?

Was it real windy or something?

Kind of windy. Mostly, everyone was exhausted from the field events.

DSilver
Sep 13 2008, 11:35 PM
Kind of windy. Mostly, everyone was exhausted from the field events.

[/QUOTE]

TTrue story. I can hardly walk and I'm sure I only had one beer............ok, maybe 9.

TiMMAY
Sep 13 2008, 11:50 PM
[/QUOTE]

TTrue story. I can hardly walk and I'm sure I only had one beer............ok, maybe 9.

[/QUOTE]

CALL THE POLICE!!!! :D:D

MTL21676
Sep 14 2008, 07:28 AM
Mostly, everyone was exhausted from the field events.

yup.

cwphish
Sep 14 2008, 07:32 AM

[/QUOTE]

CALL THE POLICE!!!! :D:D

[/QUOTE]

Favoritism!

MTL21676
Sep 14 2008, 07:24 PM
Wiggins Jr. Wins open!!!

johnbiscoe
Sep 14 2008, 07:28 PM
crazy

bbwrenn
Sep 14 2008, 09:51 PM
Wooo great tournament!!

The course was just top notch, pretty fair in my opinion, especially for a new course, tons of fun shots, very balanced (righty/lefty), just all around great! Thanks to everybody that helped make it that way, and thanks to Mike for being TD along with everybody that ran the events and made it happen.

Being in the lead on the last hole is NOT ENOUGH when you're playin' with RED HOT Jerry Roach! Great shootin' and congratulations, bagga! Competing with the Rock was also awesome, just when I thought he had me I BARELY managed to outbag him. The third round here was the most fun I've ever had in a tournament yet.

Congratulations to David Wiggins, Jr. as well! (and pops too!)

Why is that kid still on the "Scout" team again?! :confused: :D

TiMMAY
Sep 14 2008, 09:53 PM
I enjoyed playing with everyone this weekend. Except myself! Gotta keep working on my darn Putt! Congrats to the winners!! See ya at Sneeky Pete! :cool:

kostar
Sep 14 2008, 10:46 PM
Hey chuck check the record book's. I think Jr. might have broken a record. youngest ever to win a pdga event in open? (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=8238&amp;year=2008&amp;incl udeRatings=1#Open) Great tourney. I will never miss it. Mike,Tony and Jay great course. Great win Jr.

Kozak

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournamen...eRatings=1#Open (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=8238&amp;year=2008&amp;incl udeRatings=1#Open)

llfour
Sep 14 2008, 11:03 PM
Congrats to Wiggins Jr! Winning an open tourney in NC is a big deal. Even bigger at his young age.

Somebody needs to write a story and submit it to the local media.

MTL21676
Sep 14 2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much Mike, Tony, City of Cary, Jay Pontier and anyone who had anything to do with this event!

Always on my favorite events on the year and I still think that Friday of DDC is my favorite frisbee day of the year.

Congrats to Dave on his breakthrough win. Kid is the real deal - I witnessed it first hand.

Congrats to Koling and D Silver for winning overall!

Thanks so much to Dr. Dave for helping me with my leg - already feeling better!!

MTL21676
Sep 14 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh and one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in disc golf happened today and I want to share.

Dr. Dave was on 9 and I guess he heard Dave was tied for the lead or close or something like that heading to 18. He tells his group hes going over there to watch his son play the final hole and he was DNFing.

He walks over, watches his son play the final hole and gets to see first hand this great moment with his kid. After the final putt, Dave Sr. found out that his group waited on him to play the final hole so he would not have to DNF.

Great show of sportsmanship and its something def. worth sharing.

deoldphart
Sep 15 2008, 08:40 AM
What a great bunch of guy's. This was one of the most exciting events i have ever played. Congrats to Lil Wig. Your totally awsome. Great parenting Big Wig. Got to watch Jerry's ACE, and he almost done it again 4 holes later. Told him to slow down because I only had 3 $5:00 bills with me ...LOL. He charged from behind 6 strokes, blew by Brandon and myself like crap through a goose. Great round Jerry. Then was Brandons shot!. Tee off hole 1, launches out over hole 18 basket, going over 9s basket, got real small at this point, then bigger, looses it's spin (finally), begins to hyzer, clears the trees, wind blows it back, bounces off the road, skips, 4 ft from the basket on hole 1.Awsome. Good Job Mile and crew, and special thanks to Craig, water present all times. Wat to go NC.

Mini Thumber ;)

Sep 15 2008, 08:55 AM
Oh and one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in disc golf happened today and I want to share.

Dr. Dave was on 9 and I guess he heard Dave was tied for the lead or close or something like that heading to 18. He tells his group hes going over there to watch his son play the final hole and he was DNFing.

He walks over, watches his son play the final hole and gets to see first hand this great moment with his kid. After the final putt, Dave Sr. found out that his group waited on him to play the final hole so he would not have to DNF.

Great show of sportsmanship and its something def. worth sharing.

is this knowingly circumsiZZing the rules?

dwiggmd
Sep 15 2008, 09:11 AM
nope - unknowingly, and they had a backup anyway but still waited some. Thanks Stick, Paul, Bill!

- and thanks everyone for the the encouragement and support you have given both David and I all these years.

Dave

xterramatt
Sep 15 2008, 12:20 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

Congrats Dave and Dave Jr.

BenDubs
Sep 15 2008, 01:38 PM
AWESOME JOB to both Wiggies

Stupid post Fred
try to use that function
I want to preview post!!

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 02:23 PM
AWESOME JOB to both Wiggies

Stupid post Fred
try to use that function
I want to preview post!!

if only it was fred....

skaZZirf
Sep 15 2008, 02:35 PM
Nice job wiGGins..!!!
McCrakin shooting an 80 second round...Did he show up late, or play lefty?

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 02:39 PM
McCrakin shooting an 80 second round...Did he show up late, or play lefty?

Missed first 7 holes.

Then played serious the rest of the round and finished the last 11 holes (the first 7 are the really easy ones) at -2 which means he would have shot probably around 6 or 7.

Sep 15 2008, 02:54 PM
Stupid Post?
it was in reference to a blog from BoB?
WTF!?!
just asking him a question

Sep 15 2008, 02:56 PM
whatever...
what matters is the BIG win for lil Wiggs
CONGRATS!!!

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 03:05 PM
Silly yellow threads

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 03:17 PM
I did forget to mention one thing that was funny about McRee showing up late.

Wiggins asked Hofmann and I about why he wasn't there. "He knows he's only one shot out right?" "Why would he not come?"

Oh that got ole' Hofmann and I laughing pretty hard.

riverdog
Sep 15 2008, 03:24 PM
So you told him he's a hard sleeper. Right? :D

Pass congrats along to David for us Dave and congrats to you as well. Glad you're back on the course. :cool:

deoldphart
Sep 15 2008, 03:25 PM
Now that is classic. FRED, when inserting a Q-Tip and you hit resistance, stop!

That entire weekend was filled with special moments.

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 03:27 PM

We just said "That's Cracken"

Hofmann bet overslept. I bet he thought tee time was 10.

He was right, I was wrong.

dwiggmd
Sep 15 2008, 03:36 PM
There was no offense taken at all, and besides it is a valid question. But it really didn't matter to me at the time or now. I'd have gladly DNF'd and not thought twice about it as I told Stick at the time.

That said, it was an excellent gesture of sportsmanship on their part to take an extra drink out of their water bottle while I was getting up there.

Oh and thanks Jamie and Ben and Sjur and "Fred" and everyone else and David reads these, but doesn't have a password ;) to post.

riverdog
Sep 15 2008, 03:39 PM

We just said "That's Cracken"

Hofmann bet overslept. I bet he thought tee time was 10.

He was right, I was wrong.

Super Dave had a similar story from the OHO (last year? or year before?). Daves wife comes strolling through the living room where Brian is still bundled up and asleep. "Hey Brian aren't you playing today". Or words to that effect. "Everybody else is gone." Fortunately not a long drive.... :D

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 03:45 PM
Pretty much everyone who knows Cracken has a story like this

cwphish
Sep 15 2008, 04:05 PM
Congratulations David Jr.!!!!!!!!! Great stuff hearing that the whole field was in support, way cool! AWESOME!!!!!

Save some for USDGC Dubs though big guy! I'm counting on your support! :D

drmontei
Sep 15 2008, 04:14 PM
Nicely done Lil Wiggy. First of many, many more open victories.

tyson99duke
Sep 15 2008, 04:28 PM
Nicely done Lil Wiggy. First of many, many more open victories.

Great job, we are proud of you!

jefferson
Sep 15 2008, 04:46 PM
YEAH jr

BenDubs
Sep 15 2008, 05:48 PM
Well alright then Fred-
thought you were attacking
a nice gesture by the
people on Sr's card.

We good or will this be
yet another stupid
fight over DISCussion
Board misunderstanding.

bschweberger
Sep 15 2008, 06:56 PM
Pretty much everyone who knows Cracken has a story like this

I dont have a story.......I have an Epic Tale... ;) :)

TiMMAY
Sep 15 2008, 07:16 PM
Nice showing at the Yetter Schwebby! :cool:

crotts
Sep 15 2008, 08:16 PM
everyone also got to see MTL fall doing MTA and me run 10 times. truly an epic weekend

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 08:43 PM
everyone also got to see MTL fall doing MTA

the huge bandage on my leg was the result!!

there are always at least 2 injuries during MTA - myself and Kirk were the victims this year.

davidtucker12345
Sep 15 2008, 09:42 PM
what were the distance results?

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 10:09 PM
(off the top of my head)

I know Hofmann hit 500+ in finals and Koling had like 475 in pre-lims. 405 was cut off for top 5 in pro.

That's all I remember. Traditionally, everything is posted a few weeks after the event.

crotts
Sep 15 2008, 10:38 PM
everyone also got to see MTL fall doing MTA

the huge bandage on my leg was the result!!

there are always at least 2 injuries during MTA - myself and Kirk were the victims this year.

you just read about me running 10 times and didn't think I should be on the injury list? :)

MTL21676
Sep 15 2008, 10:49 PM
LOL

I do have very fond memories of watching you run across the field at full speed.

Joseph
Sep 16 2008, 12:00 AM
Great job Little Dave! :D

stack
Sep 16 2008, 01:41 AM
Awesome stuff lil Wigg!!! and an amazing story about you Sr!! Not that I couldn't see you easily willing to DNF to go watch your son but awesome/amazing to hear those guys waited for you! You had to have been kinda surprised by that!

and when someone mentioned 'is that legal' ... i'm sure the guys on his card found lots of 'distractions' that kept them waiting 30 seconds for them to throw! ;)

great shooting as well Jerm... sounds like you took the overall win!!!

deoldphart
Sep 16 2008, 09:09 AM
1F2ns had a distance of 513', or, really far in my book. Impressive to watch was the Capt, he had 4 straight catches of 6-8 seconds, and very conditioned for a marine. The Dude is in great shape, and can move well. It's a bueatiful course, for those that missed it, sorry. Disc Golfers were part of the ribbon cutting ceremony, and were well represented by all. Disc Golfers won alot of hearts over the weekend, except for the pop warner football playas whom show up late and complain about where to park.I think they were jealous that we throw disc's way farther than a football.

Great time, see ya next year, sign up early

papparoc
Sep 16 2008, 03:40 PM
Way to go Jr, I knew you would be winning many open events but I did'nt think it would quite so soon.

Does this qualify him for the USDGC?????

Where is young Mr Coggins? I thought he would be winning the advanced division.

stack
Sep 16 2008, 03:51 PM
i think lil wigg already has the NC USDGC spot! Please tell me ya'll will use the little red wagon again this year Sr!!!

wyattcoggin
Sep 16 2008, 07:40 PM
Way to go Jr, I knew you would be winning many open events but I did'nt think it would quite so soon.

Does this qualify him for the USDGC?????

Where is young Mr Coggins? I thought he would be winning the advanced division.

Hate we missed it. Andrew was doing a clinic / PR for Night Owl Graphic's Have to give back to the sponsors.

We are all proud of David Jr. Can't wait to follow him at the USDGC. not sure if it was post David Jr. got the NC Rep spot before worlds.

dwiggmd
Sep 16 2008, 10:35 PM
oh yea, the wiggy wagon :D

stack
Sep 16 2008, 10:59 PM
oh yea, the wiggy wagon :D

NICE!

RichardPaschal
Sep 17 2008, 01:14 AM
As I sort through the debris from the weekend, I want to thank some people who helped make my task a little easier this year.
First, of course, Mike Norris, for stepping up as TD, running the golf, course prep, registration, sponsoring, figuring payout for all events, etc., etc, &amp; even helping me some with field setups and takedowns. And Stick, Jay, Craig &amp; all the other RADL members who made the golf go smoothly.

DDC - Thanks, Tony, Kalon, &amp; others for helping me set up courts, and Frank and TJ for helping pack up, and Kirk, for rallying the troops to my aid.

DISTANCE � Thanks, Kirk for running distance once again.

ACCURACY - Thanks guy, [forgot your name] who helped me load up the Accuracy targets after it was all over. Thanks, Craig for manning the clipboard during Accuracy so I could warm up.

MTA - Thanks, Scott, for running the other MTA site. [Sorry, I had to put my tent over my own site]

I�m sure I�ve forgotten someone, but just know that I appreciate all the help. Without you guys, I would be even grumpier and grouchier. [Imagine that!] It takes a lot of work to pull off the NCFDCs. With the new venue, 2008 went smoothly and was the best looking setup we�ve ever had. RADL can be proud of a job well done.

Richard �Rascal� Paschal #5604

craigramsdell
Sep 17 2008, 03:57 PM
A post from Rascal !

Probably his third !

C

MTL21676
Sep 17 2008, 04:01 PM
ha!!

Richard also does an amazing amount of work for RADL and this event. Thanks to him!

deoldphart
Sep 18 2008, 08:48 PM
I can't believe LilBig Wig's victory didn't make team Innova news. Where can we air out our complaint. The Kid is a phenonmen, and we are a part of it. LilBig Wig, will cash for Merch at USDG

MTL21676
Sep 18 2008, 09:03 PM
I can't believe LilBig Wig's victory didn't make team Innova news.

Yeah that surprised me too.

deoldphart
Sep 18 2008, 09:37 PM
I'm headed to Matt Peckham's, wanna ride. Gotta fix this

mikenorris
Sep 18 2008, 10:36 PM
I am finally getting around to posting the overall results.

Overall Results (http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/files/FDC_overall_08.pdf)

Thanks everyone for coming out and thanks again to all those that have helped me with this event.

Now to get back to work on USDGC stuff with Kevin.

jefferson
Sep 19 2008, 10:06 AM
TThanks...

405 illuminaTTi? need at least 50 ft more next sunday

stack
Sep 19 2008, 10:07 AM
TThanks...

405 illuminaTTi? need at least 50 ft more next sunday

True

dwiggmd
Sep 19 2008, 03:14 PM
LOL Rocky.. FWIW, 1000rated.com (http://www.1000rated.com/) contacted David and is interviewing him regarding his first pro win. It's a an excellent site. If anyone has not checked it out, they should.

Regarding Matt, he has always been very supportive of David Jr. I doubt that the decision on what to include as Innova Team News is his. What is important is that this was a big step forward for him. The recognition of that from friends like you and others on this thread is the most meaningful recognition of all. You da man, Rocky. :D

Dave

deoldphart
Sep 21 2008, 09:15 AM
I agree , Matt must have overlooked it, or whomever does the news. IMO, that performance, is close to one of the top performances in Disc Golf history, considering all the peramiters involved, ie Youth,Rating,New Course, and all the distractions in the surrounding area besides the mini thumber being loud on the course...LOL..All of North Carolina is behind the LilBig Wig. I know how proud Mom and Dad may be, but this Disc Golfer, enjoy's being around the kid, and wants to boast...LOL. He's that good :) TEAM INNOVA, are you hearing me?

dwiggmd
Sep 21 2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks Rocky :)

deoldphart
Sep 21 2008, 07:21 PM
My Pleasure Dave, INNOVA, knock.knock, helloohoh :)

papparoc
Sep 23 2008, 11:15 AM
I'm sure the Innova call is coming they are just scared because they need to make a big offer to the kid. I got dibs on a few of the first run LilBig Wigg Disc. I hope it's a new disc with a speed rating of 15. OH, don't forget the autographs.

bgwvdave
Sep 23 2008, 11:33 AM
He's already sponsored by innova. he's been on the scout team for 3 years now. already got his own stamp as well

xterramatt
Sep 23 2008, 11:36 AM
I did not overlook it, I passed off update for the week to the West Coast, since they just had the US Masters, and I was buried in USDGC print projects. We usually get all of our winners up there, Levi may not have been aware of the level of detail we go to on the Team updates. I will rectify, even though it's a little late, sorry, haven't been following this thread since last Monday.

deoldphart
Sep 23 2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Matt, the Kid is good. All Kids across the USA should see , and dream, with practice, one can achieve.

Oh and by the way, His personality is great too. Pleasure to play with after he gets off the swings...LOL ;)