denny1210
Aug 20 2008, 04:37 PM
Hey all!

We're finally happy to announce that we have 18 permanent holes in the ground at the fantastic Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida!!!

The park is located a mere 20 minutes from where I-10 crosses I-75, just south of the Georgia border, so anyone who's driving into Florida is strongly encouraged to come stay in the park for at least a night.

The course features 9 Mach III's with carpet tees on the "new" front nine in addition to 9 Discatchers with cement tees on the "old" back nine. Each hole has a blue and a red tee. The course plays to just over 5,500 ft. and 7,000 ft. respectively, par 63. The back nine holes each have two basket locations.

The course is easy to navigate, the routes are open and obvious and there's minimal chance of losing plastic. A present there are a couple caveats, however:
1) The park is still in the process of finishing the removal of felled trees from the fairway ground.
2) A bit more tree thinning will continue over time to further open up some alternate routes.
3) Ticks and spiders are bad at this time of year.

Shoot me a message or call if you've got questions and/or comments.

Hope y'all will get a chance to enjoy this great facility at some point.

The website: www.waydowndisc.com (http://www.waydowndisc.com)
has a course scorecard and descriptions of all the holes. It'll be updated soon with pictures as well as information and entry forms for our first event on the new course:
The Magnolia Birthday Classic,
October 18-19, 2008

Peace,
Denny
[email protected]
(727) 512-9696