jmc2442
Aug 19 2008, 10:22 AM
From the mouth of Mike Dutch (Supervisor of Deer Lakes Park):

On Friday, August the 29th, around 12-12:30pm, a "bus tour" of the county parks is going to ride into Deer Lakes Park. This "tour" is going to highlight areas of the county parks and include walk-throughs as well as meetings with the park staff at every locale. Attendees are, but not limited to, the Allegheny County Parks Director Andy Baechle and his staff, Dan Onorato, Luke Ravenstahl, RAD funding officials, etc.

Mike, if you are not aware, has been telling these folks that the course is getting a lot of use, which is not a lie, and that it is a welcome addition to the park. He has actually stated that 18 more holes should not be out of the question in the not so distant future.

Please, if you are able, come out to the course next Friday and play a round. Be seen in the parking lot around those times. Be seen throwing discs. The more the county can see utilization the better chance we have at getting funding for future improvements and possible expansion. Those are all good things folks.

steady reppin'.....
Stella.

sandalbagger
Aug 19 2008, 10:29 AM
SWEET......You wanna play a round Josh? wait.....................arrgh I'll be in Paw Paw.

jmc2442
Aug 19 2008, 10:32 AM
yeah, I was afraid of that with a lot of the "regulars", so hopefully some lurkers that read these posts will be able to show up and give support.

I think I am going to take that friday off as well so I can practice what I preach. that'll be three in a row. nice.