OSTERTIP
Aug 18 2008, 01:49 PM
I am traveling to Edisto Island this weekend. I have played trophy lakes several times, but would like to play a different course this year. Can anyone tell me the best courses to play. I see:
Park Circle
Buccaneer Bay
Tidal Creek @ W. Ashley Park (Is this course still very rough since its so new?)

filobedo
Aug 18 2008, 06:15 PM
If you have not played Trophy Lakes in the past eight months it looks incredible due to Trevor's work out there and my favorite course in the area. Some of the baskets have been moved and there are new teepad placements and the course is really manicured. Tidal Marsh (West Ashley) is closest to Edisto and in my opinion more fun and picturesque than Park Circle but will probably be under water due to the storm coming and it has rained a good bit over the past couple of weeks. I have never played Buccaneer but I heard it was short and it is a good distance from Edisto. The Sarge in Hardeeville is about 1.5 hours south of Charleston near the GA/SC border also. Also, the Charleston Disc Golf Club is having an Ace Race this Saturday at Tidal Marsh.

OSTERTIP
Aug 19 2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks Craig, I think I will be going back to trophy lakes.
Hopefully it will not be under water also. Heck my home in Florida might be under water when I get back.

Thanks again.

sbrown
Aug 19 2008, 10:35 AM
Craig:

I will be in Charleston this weekend as well. I have most of Saturday free. What are the Ace Race details? Rick told me at the Summer Sling that the course in West Ashley was closed. ?????

Shoot me some info, and I will try to join you guys. GO AWAY FAY!!!!!!

Steve

filobedo
Aug 19 2008, 09:20 PM
Here are the links for the CDGC and Ace Race Flyer. If they do not work just go to the link on the course page for Tidal Marsh. I have not been to West Ashley lately but Tradd set up the tee pads for the Ace Race earlier he told me tonight at doubles. I am also hoping to play Mosquito Madness possibly. Hope to see you Sat.

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=268680&ck=

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=268680&ck=

wit
Aug 19 2008, 11:32 PM
kinda off topic...but was wondering if a date/course has been set for this years Charleston Classic? thanks.

ejwernet
Apr 19 2009, 06:14 PM
The Sarge (mentioned above) is WELL WORTH THE DRIVE south from Charleston to play. The park is beautiful and the course is FAB! I was more than thrilled to play it. Very tight but as close to nature as you could imagine. I would love to thank the guys in Savannah who directed me there, it was great y'all!

If you are on 95 and going north or south, the course is a skip and a jump off the road and well worth the stop. It will be an extra hour and a half but well worth your time. The course follows very nicely and there are maps in the park headquarters (along with water and facilities).

e