Aug 14 2008, 09:12 PM
Coyote Classic Oct. 25-26

This tourney will be sold out soon, so sign up now!

I will play better this year, i hope. Its all about playing left-handed now. Wont be able to throw right handed until October sometime, whenever broken finger is willing again.
May need some lessons from D.Vincent on opposite hand style. ;)
Seriously, if you want to play Coyote Classic in Ventura it will sell out, sign-up soon or come caddy for me :D
Floyd

boredatwork
Aug 15 2008, 02:13 PM
From one Toasty to another, sorry to hear about your dominant hand, hopefully you can at least putt with it in October! i find putting with my off hand is phenomenally difficult but since driving is mostly about rhythm i find it a lot easier to adjust to, maybe it will be a tool you can add to your bag

evan_lost
Aug 16 2008, 04:22 PM
Where is a stamp?! My registration is ready, if i only had a stamp!

csrenda79
Aug 17 2008, 11:08 PM
I got back from Worlds to find out today that the Coyote Classic MA1 field is already full. There are already almost 30 MA1 players but there is only a few pros. I want to play, so I will be signing up to play Open, but I want to play Advanced if at all possible. I think the limit will force quite a few MA1 players to play Open.

JohnLambert
Aug 18 2008, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear that Carl. There most likely is a waiting list for AM1. I know they reserved 30 spots for AM1 and 42 for Open. Will there be that many opens? Probably, this baby has been filling up consistantly now.

On a good note, you'll probably get a chance to play with Kyle, McBeth, Rico, and others that sign up! That's always fun.

csrenda79
Aug 18 2008, 12:51 AM
I plan to sign up Open with a request to be put on the MA1 waiting list. It doesn't really matter too much to me anyway, just put me on a card and i'll play, I got no issues with playing Open. I have done some weeklies and monthlies in Open as well as the GSC, so I know what to expect. I think sometimes it pushes me to play better.

katothepug
Aug 18 2008, 01:29 PM
Hey guys,

The Advanced Am (MA1) division is now full (32 players). We are starting a waiting list and if room is available (we are reserving the pro's 40 spots until October 17th), we will add more MA1 players at that time. Carl's plan is a great option, if you are willing to play open. We are all amazed how fast the MA1 division filled up. The 2008 Coyote Classic will be a fun weekend, regardless of what division you play in. Don't forget to sign up and vote for what beer you want us to serve at the Players dinner.

www.venturadiscgolf.com (http://www.venturadiscgolf.com)

thanks,
Tom

JohnLambert
Aug 18 2008, 04:39 PM
I'd vote but it seems more people prefer the taste of acetone than Newcastle :D

katothepug
Aug 18 2008, 05:16 PM
John, it must make you sad to have no tastebuds ;)

You can vote up to 2 times...2 votes for Newcastle will help.

csrenda79
Aug 18 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,

The Advanced Am (MA1) division is now full (32 players). We are starting a waiting list and if room is available (we are reserving the pro's 40 spots until October 17th), we will add more MA1 players at that time. Carl's plan is a great option, if you are willing to play open. We are all amazed how fast the MA1 division filled up. The 2008 Coyote Classic will be a fun weekend, regardless of what division you play in. Don't forget to sign up and vote for what beer you want us to serve at the Players dinner.

www.venturadiscgolf.com (http://www.venturadiscgolf.com)

thanks,
Tom

I have sent in my application with an entry fee for Open. I would like to be moved to Advanced if at all possible, but I understand the situation. Playing open isn't a problem for me, payout is not my priority. I know the Coyote Classic is a blast and I will play it reguardless of what division I have to play in. Please put me on the MA1 waiting list. Also, I know my good friend Dave Roper is planning to do the same thing I am, and he wants to be put on the waiting list as well. You should get both applications in the next couple of days.

katothepug
Aug 18 2008, 06:44 PM
I will add you to the Am list, and list you in the Open division when I get you entry. Thanks!

katothepug
Aug 19 2008, 06:43 PM
I was just informed that I was incorrect in my informational spout. The Men's Advanced Am (MA1) is full and there is a waiting list, but there is very little chance of adding anyone to it, and if you want to get on that waiting list, you will not be able to signup in another division. The TD believes that the entire 144 field will fill up and does not want to worry about shifting people between divisions. Sorry about the confusion.

JohnLambert
Aug 20 2008, 12:33 AM
You're fired Tom. I Imagine everyone would rather play in Open than wait on the list.

csrenda79
Aug 20 2008, 01:43 PM
I pretty much had figured I was playing Open at this point. So it's no big deal to me either way. Won't be the first time, definately won't be the last.

katothepug
Aug 20 2008, 01:52 PM
The Players Dinner and Raffle will be worth it...

omarroper
Aug 23 2008, 02:53 PM
Currently on the PDGA website there are:
18 pro's (42 spots available)
32 MA1 (FULL - over 2 months before event)
39 other AM's (72 spots available)

Last year there were:
36 pro's
36 MA1's
~74 other AM's

Why was the number of MA1 spots reduced from last year? I know you do not want to split the event into 2 weekends, and I agree.
Is there opposition to having 5 people on a card???

omarroper
Aug 27 2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks to Ventura Tom who is working on the registration issues... :D
I've only been a TD for a monthly, it's a ton of work... Kudos

csrenda79
Aug 27 2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I second that. Thanks to Tom for working out the kinks so that we could play in our desired division.