gotcha
Aug 10 2008, 07:35 AM
From the desk of Jeremiah Libby

I am coming back to the Burgh for the Weekend of August 15 - 17, 2008. I noticed that there were no events on the calendar. Needless to say I was very disappointed as I have not had the chance to play Disc Golf since March. I also purchased a Beer Stein to give away for an event but since nothing is going on, now I have to try and organize it myself. So here it is and I hope all of you can come out to play.

Date: August 16, 2008
Time: 10 AM
Format: Two Rounds
Open and Advanced Play Gold Tees first round, blue tees second round
All others play two blue tee rounds
Entry Fee: $10
Added Value : Stein for Open ($70 value) plus $10 Cash added to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
Others $50 of value for other divisions in Discs or other prizes including Cologne T-Shirt

See you all there.

Freundliche Gr��e / Best Regards

Jeremiah Libby

sandalbagger
Aug 17 2008, 03:38 PM
Libby Open!!! It's getting sanctioned next year.

Tim Wright wins in a playoff against Jerry Gotcher

Tim Wright - 65 - 57
Jerry Gotcher 63 - 59
Chris Deitzel 69 - 58

Not sure of the other scores.

gotcha
Aug 18 2008, 09:40 AM
<table border="1"><tr><td>OPEN</td><td>Rd 1 (gold)</td><td>Rd 2 (blue)</td><td>Total
</td></tr><tr><td>Tim Wright</td><td>65</td><td>57</td><td>122*
</td></tr><tr><td>Jerry Gotcher</td><td>63</td><td>59</td><td>122
</td></tr><tr><td>Chris Deitzel</td><td>69</td><td>58</td><td>127
</td></tr><tr><td>Sid Olcott</td><td>70</td><td>62</td><td>132
</td></tr><tr><td>Scott Heintzleman</td><td>72</td><td>61</td><td>133
</td></tr><tr><td>Dr. Alex Fore!</td><td>73</td><td>62</td><td>135
</td></tr><tr><td>KB Clark</td><td>70</td><td>66</td><td>136
</td></tr><tr><td>Jeremiah Libby</td><td>71</td><td>66</td><td>137
</td></tr><tr><td>Rob Johnson</td><td>70</td><td>60</td><td>130
</td></tr><tr><td>Scott McIntyre</td><td>73</td><td>71</td><td>144
</td></tr><tr><td>Jim Wilson</td><td>76</td><td>71</td><td>147</table>*Won playoff

Round 1 scores (Gold tees) (http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/2008LibbyOpenatMSP-Rd1151.jpg)
Round 2 scores (Blue tees) (http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/2008LibbyOpenatMSP-Rd2152.jpg)

sandalbagger
Aug 18 2008, 10:51 AM
What is Rob Johnson doing on that list??

gotcha
Aug 18 2008, 12:08 PM
What is Rob Johnson doing on that list??

It was a test to see if you were paying attention in class... :)

sandalbagger
Aug 18 2008, 03:44 PM
Rob must have been on the same card as Carl Vesch.

alexfore
Aug 19 2008, 09:43 PM
I got wicked poison ivy out there -- Looking for Libby's disc on hole 10. Itchy!

Jeff_LaG
Aug 20 2008, 12:43 AM
I got wicked poison ivy out there -- Looking for Libby's disc on hole 10. Itchy!

How did Libby lose a disc on 10? Trying to take the short cut over the trees? :D

gotcha
Aug 20 2008, 09:31 AM

How did Libby lose a disc on 10? Trying to take the short cut over the trees? :D

Yes, but after he ganked his hyzer left and inside of the first large pine tree. Rather than pitch out to the fairway to try and save a four, he decides he can sky an anhyzer over everthing to reach the a-pin. Didn't go as planned. :o

kUrTp
Aug 20 2008, 10:06 AM
I'm assuming thats what happens when you try out the Stein full of suds before you play. :D

JedidiahBibby
Jul 12 2009, 01:27 PM
Hi All,

I am coming back into town from July 30 until August 21. I would like to have the third Libby Open. As the schedule looks pretty packed, and as I haven't played in a while, I thought we would try something new. This year, we may try to have the first Libby Open Day & Night tournament. First round would be played on Friday July 31, at knob hill (time TBD), with the second round being played as a normal round at the invitational on Saturday. Prizes to be handed out prior to the fire works at a specified time.

Please let me know how many people are interested or if you have any other suggestions for a good set-up.

Thanks

Jedidiah

JedidiahBibby
Jul 16 2009, 03:36 AM
Anyone interested in playing or have a better idea for a set-up?

kUrTp
Jul 16 2009, 09:21 AM
For me it would depend on what time you would start at Knob Friday night. It takes me an hour and a half to get there. I get off at five, wouldn't be able to get there until 6:45ish. That would be pushing it for a start time. But, don't base your decision on alanna and I.

JedidiahBibby
Jul 16 2009, 11:03 AM
Hi Kurt,

Nice to hear from you!! Actually for Friday night I was thinking of a night round more in the sense of a Glow round at Knob on Friday night. Would potentially start about 9pm.

So only worry for you would be the drive home lol!

The second round would be part of the normal invitational to be played at Moraine on Saturday and awards being given out at a set time (before the fireworks)!!

Anyway, I am throwing in $50 for the open division plus the Normal Beer Stein. For Advanced we will hand out some other cool prizes and I also have something for the ladies. Another idea would be to have the glow round be a doubles round!!!

What do you think?

JedidiahBibby
Jul 20 2009, 03:53 AM
Ok everyone.

No one is interested?

Any ideas for a different format? I am open for suggestions.

JedidiahBibby
Jul 23 2009, 01:25 PM
Dear All,

I have not heard back regarding a suggestion in the change in format. Thus I have decided to conclude on the decision myself. I will hold the Libby Open on July 31, 2009 at Knob Hill at 9:30 pm. Players will meet in the parking lot near the little league fields and we will start on hole 8. All players should bring their own lighting devices for this glow round.

Format: Doubles format 1 round

Entry Fee: $5 per person.

We will have only Pro and Am divisions. Teams will be made up of players within the same division competing against one another. Separate prizes will be given out to Pro and Am winners. Each Member of the Pro team will earn a Libby Cup (German Beer Stein). Each member of winning Am team will earn an undisclosed prize.

Please pass the message on to others and let me know who may be interested.

Thanks in Advance

Jedidiah

gotcha
Jul 24 2009, 08:35 AM
Knob Hill Community Park closes at 11:00 pm. Might not be a bad idea to get permission from Marshall Township to be in the park after hours.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the LO this year. I will be rising bright and early Saturday morning to set up our disc golf exhibit for the Regatta and the Invitational at Moraine. That reminds me, I still need to calculate handicaps for the Invitational..... :p

JedidiahBibby
Jul 24 2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah, may not be a bad idea, but anyway I have played several glow rounds there before and never had any trouble.

What time will you be going up to set stuff up? I will make sure I am up in time to come help you!!

If you send me the info maybe I'll even calculate the handicaps for you. So with that said, whats your excuse for not playing now Jerry. What happened to the good old wild Jerry and did whatever it took to get a round in (even diving in Poison Oak)? ;-)

SCOTT
Jul 31 2009, 03:55 PM
anyone going to knob tonight? Did anyone ask Heather if it is ok to be there after hours?

kUrTp
Jul 31 2009, 05:43 PM
I'm going!!!

SCOTT
Jul 31 2009, 05:46 PM
wear your rubber boots. it poured all day.

JedidiahBibby
Jun 17 2010, 04:52 AM
Hi All,

Unfortunately I will not be back in town for the summer. So the Libby Open this year will have to be on October 23 or October 30 or 31. Let me know suggestions on a couple of things:

1) What date is best?
2) What would be the preffered format? (Doubles, Glow round, 1 or 2 rounds) I personally loved the doubles glow round with some frosty beverages!
3) What prizes from Germany would you like me to bring back (realistic please)?

A quick update about me. I just got my first Disc Golf basket so I am busy practice putting everyday. So far I am not sure where I will be moving to after my assigment is done and it could be that I don't come back to Pittsburgh permanently for a few more years. My wife and I are expecting a baby girl in September. I will post some pictures up on Shutterfly soon about my latest travels to Japan, Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore, and Greece in the next few weeks. Send me your email if you would like to be added to check them out.

I hope all of you are doing well and wish you the best success in the upcoming tournaments.

Best Regards

Jedidiah

gotcha
Jun 17 2010, 09:17 AM
Huckin' Halloween VI is scheduled for Sunday, October 31 at Knob Hill.

I've heard rumor that this year's event will be sanctioned? An afternoon round followed by a night round?

kUrTp
Jun 17 2010, 09:49 AM
Libby...good to hear from you. I had an absolute blast the last night round we played together. I started off drinking a beer a hole...That didn't last too long.

It wouldn't matter to me what the next Libby Open format is, I'll be there regardless.

Alanna and I still use the wine bottle cork that she won last year. And you can't go wrong with the steins...it's a tradition and I suggest you keep it that way.

Jerry...Is it even possible to sanction the Huckin Halloween event? Wouldn't the added lights to all the discs make them illegal during a sanction event? I'd love to see it happen...

gotcha
Jun 17 2010, 10:29 AM
If PDGA sanctioned, taped-on lights would not be legal. Glow discs, baby!

(another opportunity for the club to sell some plastic) :)

JedidiahBibby
Jun 18 2010, 04:14 AM
Thanks Guys,

I will try to figure out a good date and than send you some more details. I also like the evening glow round so perhaps we can do it the weekend before the Huckin' Halloween VI so that you get some practice in for the sanctioned event. In any case, check the PDGA rules and see if you can petition the PDGA to hold and "X Tier" event

" X-tier
Points awarded varies by tier
These are experimental class events with formats and payouts pre-approved by the PDGA Competition Director. Some common examples include: doubles, pro 1/pro 2, skins, overall, and events with Player Rating-based divisions. An X-tier can be sanctioned at the A, B, or C-tier level for the purposes of points allocations, depending on purse size and field (ex: an XB-tier). In doubles or team events, the unit is considered to be the team rather than the individual player, thus points are awarded for each team beaten."

As for the prizes, I for sure will keep the tradition alive with regards to the Steins.

Jeff_LaG
Jun 18 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi All,

Unfortunately I will not be back in town for the summer. So the Libby Open this year will have to be on October 23 or October 30 or 31.

October 23rd - that's my birthday! :cool:

JedidiahBibby
Oct 14 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi All,

The Libby Open will be held in conjunction with the Haunt on the Hill on Saturday October 30th, 2010 and continued on Sunday October 31, 2010 at Moraine State Park beginning at 9:30 am.

The entry fee for the event is $10. Players will be able to enter the event regardless if they show up on Saturday or not. The top scores on Sunday are utilized for cash payouts. However, only those players who participate in both events will be eligible for the Beer Steins and other prizes, including a $50 added cash pot. The best combined total score for the two events, per division, will win top honors, and the winner of the Libby Open will be crowned via the combined tally.

I hope to see you all out there.

Take Care

Jeremiah

ezwind
Oct 16 2010, 01:38 PM
How many rounds will be played on Sunday at MSP? I won't be able to make the glow round at Knob. Trick or Treat is the same night in Butler. Boooooooooo!!! Would love to make it out to Lakeview though.

JedidiahBibby
Oct 16 2010, 01:54 PM
How many rounds will be played on Sunday at MSP? I won't be able to make the glow round at Knob. Trick or Treat is the same night in Butler. Boooooooooo!!! Would love to make it out to Lakeview though.

One officially...but I am sure some will play another, including me.

Nov 02 2010, 12:05 AM
Hey Libby,
Thanks for the great prizes and added euro's. I had a great time. What a good weekend. Thanks again friend. Awesome to have you back for a bit.

Jeff_LaG
Dec 29 2011, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Jeremiah Libby? His Yahoo e-mail account has apparently been taken over by spammers, and I'm getting a number of spam e-mails from him, and I'd like it to STOP. http://www.pdga.com/discussion/images/icons/icon13.gif