daltonseabolt
Aug 05 2008, 11:41 PM
I think miles seaborn should be picked up.He has been on FIRE lately.And he is a FANTASTIC GOLFER.

the_kid
Aug 05 2008, 11:44 PM
And he hit a sidearm putt this weekend! :D

daltonseabolt
Aug 05 2008, 11:45 PM
Lol....What like from 10 feet in the wide open.lol :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

the_kid
Aug 05 2008, 11:57 PM

No from like 12ft in a bush. :p

ChrisWoj
Aug 06 2008, 01:39 AM
I'd like to announce that I'm planning on sponsoring Discraft.

Discraft Discs - sponsored by Woj.

Sounds so much cooler than the other way around would. ;) I haven't yet decided what benefits I would give them for exceeding quotas and stuff like that. Maybe a nice hallmark card? Would that be a good bonus? What if I signed it, then it'd be worth... nothing. :)

Pogis
Aug 06 2008, 03:07 AM

Dalton your a turkey! And if I missed it was OB land for sure! :D

daltonseabolt
Aug 06 2008, 01:24 PM

Dalton your a turkey! And if I missed it was OB land for sure! :D

lol :D:D:D:D

ChrisWoj
Aug 06 2008, 04:30 PM
This Dalton character's sig claims he's 16... yet his profile says he's 106. I think he has something to hide. Do you have something to hide, Mr. Seabolt? Do you?

daltonseabolt
Aug 06 2008, 05:08 PM
That was my bad.And nope im not hiding anything.

Big E
Aug 06 2008, 05:54 PM
He lets everyone know the level of his education up front :D

my_hero
Aug 08 2008, 01:12 PM
Who's the next playa to be signed to DISCRAFT ?

Can you say Miles Seaborn?!

Smitty2004
Aug 08 2008, 06:17 PM
Is that official or just speculation?

Pogis
Aug 08 2008, 06:42 PM
More speculation at this point. I will let you know if something happens!

my_hero
Aug 09 2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe "insider" speculation. :p

Pogis
Aug 09 2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe "insider" speculation. :p

:D

John Keith
Aug 15 2008, 03:10 AM
i thought miles was already throwin for discraft?
what about matt hall, he is throwin for discraft.

dgdave
Aug 15 2008, 09:44 AM
Miles is DGA. Matt is tossin for the D

the_kid
Aug 15 2008, 10:47 AM
Miles is DGA. Matt is tossin for the D

Miles seaborn is throwing Discraft just not sponsored.

johnbiscoe
Aug 15 2008, 02:03 PM
miles harding is the dga guy.

dgdave
Aug 15 2008, 04:06 PM
d'oh. didnt nitice the earlier post

ChrisWoj
Aug 16 2008, 10:41 PM
Jeremy Koli...oh wait, they got in ahead of the curve on that one. ;)

Pogis
Aug 21 2008, 06:18 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

my_hero
Aug 21 2008, 06:57 PM
Miles, now that it's official....

<marquee><font size=6>~~CONGRATS~~</font></marquee>

You've certainly earned it!

McCabe
Aug 21 2008, 11:35 PM
Congrats Miles! Team D just got a little stronger!!

bslamoreaux
Aug 22 2008, 12:03 AM
Congratulations Miles! Well earned......

the_kid
Aug 24 2008, 11:59 PM
Nice!

See you this weekend in Little Rock. ;)

ChrisWoj
Aug 25 2008, 12:09 AM
I hear that two guys just got signed. Kris Orrick and some guy from Texas (didn't catch the name)

the_kid
Aug 25 2008, 01:31 AM
I hear that two guys just got signed. Kris Orrick and some guy from Texas (didn't catch the name)

Its the same guy we're all telling congrats on here. :D

Pogis
Aug 25 2008, 01:55 AM
That would be me! I am very excited to be apart of Team Discraft! Thanks to everyone for their support! And hopefully my play of late will continue so I can add another Discraft player to the USDGC list!

ChrisWoj
Aug 25 2008, 04:30 AM
Oops, for some reason I was thinking Miles was from NC. Don't ask me why, Miles I am very sorry for insulting you in that manner. ;)

Pogis
Aug 25 2008, 11:20 AM
Texas is a little different the NC. I forgive you though! :D

blazinpat
Aug 25 2008, 01:35 PM
Congrats Miles and Kris! I'm jealous :)

the_kid
Aug 25 2008, 02:27 PM
Congrats Miles and Kris! I'm jealous :)

Yeah congrats to KO as well! :p

the_kid
Aug 25 2008, 02:35 PM
So I'm looking at the website and it looks like they picked up HEEREN as well!

MTL21676
Aug 25 2008, 02:39 PM

whered you see this?

discchucker
Aug 25 2008, 03:50 PM

You would be correct.

the_kid
Aug 25 2008, 05:42 PM

whered you see this?

Front page of discraft just below the worlds stuff in this weeks event results.

cevalkyrie
Aug 25 2008, 05:59 PM
I played with Chris this past weekend at Kenosha, WI. He has made the switch for the most part. The only disc he's trying to switch out is his putter.

daltonseabolt
Aug 26 2008, 09:09 AM
Congrates miles.

schick
Aug 26 2008, 06:19 PM
Glad to see we finally got KO! Congrats to him and the others...

rollinghedge
Aug 26 2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats KO!

topdog
Sep 07 2008, 08:11 PM
Discraft should think obout this guy.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=28965&amp;year=2008

the_kid
Sep 07 2008, 09:34 PM
Discraft should think obout this guy.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=28965&amp;year=2008

Yeah they should! Isn't he only like 20?

topdog
Sep 08 2008, 04:18 PM
He either just turned or in turning 19 and he just did this

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7425

ChrisWoj
Sep 08 2008, 04:34 PM
Man I wish the B-Tiers I played in had that kind of cash added. Dayumn nice win against some top competition.

I remember two-three years ago I thought "maybe if I get over 975ish I can get sponsored by Discraft." Now the competition is so thick that I need another 25 points just to jump over the 1000 rated guys still looking to pick up a sponsor!

ferretdance03
Sep 08 2008, 08:26 PM
He either just turned or in turning 19 and he just did this

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7425

Thread drift...
9 DNF's? What gives?

topdog
Sep 08 2008, 08:57 PM
5 of those shouldnt be DNF's because they didnt play the first round.

Karma Police
Sep 09 2008, 10:40 AM
Heeren (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=18464)?

blazinpat
Sep 09 2008, 01:25 PM
Heeren is on the team now, as is Miles Seaborn. They're just not up on the team part of the site yet. Congrats guys!

notahobogolfer
Sep 09 2008, 01:38 PM
Blazek,
You have a pretty solid year going and your rating keeps going up. Won't be too long until you get on. Keep up the good work!

blazinpat
Sep 10 2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Jordan, yeah slowly but surely I'm climbing that ladder. I hope ur right. How you been anyways?

blazinpat
Oct 07 2008, 09:22 PM
Derek Billings? 1005 rated player, I think he's 18 and has won 5 of his last 6 events!

daltonseabolt
Nov 17 2008, 08:14 PM
Whos next?????????????

blazinpat
Jan 10 2009, 06:31 PM
????

my_hero
Feb 15 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure who it will be, but the team did get restructured.

http://www.discraft.com/team.html

ChrisWoj
Feb 15 2009, 10:59 PM
Saw that. Interesting. Though there are a few names on there that I have heard left the team. Bennett being the biggie.

JHBlader86
Feb 16 2009, 01:27 AM
Bennett quit Discraft? Personal reasons or did Innova pick him up instead??

blazinpat
Feb 16 2009, 02:30 AM
Bennett left? What? I'm confused. Ulibarri's not on there either I heard.

ChrisWoj
Feb 16 2009, 03:35 AM
Gateway. He thanked them at the last tournament I played with him and was throwing their plastic. Uli was the other name I'd heard but didn't want to spread something I thought might only be rumor. Bennett I figure is fine to mention since he was thanking them at a tourney this past weekend.

my_hero
Feb 16 2009, 02:24 PM
The rumormill has Gateway paying for all of Bennett's entries and throwing a mixed disc manufacturer bag. Hard to beat, or even match for that matter. Maybe DaveMac will chime in. I wish GB the best of luck regardless.

blazinpat
Feb 16 2009, 02:25 PM
well I played at a tourney with uli this weekend and he was throwing a mixed bag which I've never seen him do. I wonder y Bennett switched though. Hmmm?

JHBlader86
Feb 16 2009, 02:31 PM
This will def. boost Gateway's profile more with Bennett on the team. Think we will see a Geoff Bennett signature Wizard in the future??

Luke Butch
Feb 16 2009, 02:43 PM
The rumormill has Gateway paying for all of Bennett's entries and throwing a mixed disc manufacturer bag. Hard to beat, or even match for that matter. Maybe DaveMac will chime in. I wish GB the best of luck regardless.

thats a sick good deal for Geoff if true

cbdiscpimp
Feb 16 2009, 02:44 PM

It is hard to beat. I mean I dont know a single sponsored player that if they could wouldnt throw a few discs from another company. And to actually get to do this AND have your entry fees paid for is amazing. Cuz as it stand now the sponsored player does alot more for the company sponsoring him or her than the company does for them. I mean your REQUIRED to play a certain number of events yet no one pays those entrys or your PDGA dues. The more events you play the more of a billboard you are but it really doesnt get you anything MORE from your sponsor. Free discs and clothing is great but if you asked a professional from another sport to rep your company and thats all you were offering im pretty sure you would get a firm NO THANK you ill wait for someone to pay me.

And or course you can sell those discs and clothes to pay for some stuff but its not EASY to just sell discs. Its takes time and effort and you usually dont get anymore than 10 bucks a disc. And if your only getting 25-50 disc a year and you play 20+ events you need those discs to throw.

I just think its amazing that Dave Mac is willing to let his guys throw a mixed bag and hes also willing to kick some money out to help them play more events.

If this really is the case we may see alot more guys throwing some Gateway in the bag and thanking them at awards.

the_kid
Feb 16 2009, 04:17 PM
This will def. boost Gateway's profile more with Bennett on the team. Think we will see a Geoff Bennett signature Wizard in the future??

I think they would go for the Nikko, Justin, George, or JohnE version 1st. From what I heard he is loving the Blaze for sidearms and he may be throwing some Innova as well.

Oh and Ulli needs to look at the team structure again and realize he stayed in the same spot and didn't get demoted. :D

JHBlader86
Feb 16 2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah, a Nikko Wizard would make more sense. But I heard Justin was no longer with Gateway.

daltonseabolt
Feb 16 2009, 08:37 PM
Whos justin with?

the_kid
Feb 16 2009, 09:00 PM
Whos justin with?

Probably nobody.

Hopefully he hasn't gone back to bowling as his "fun" sport because he moved to DG because he was taking bowling too seriously and maybe the same has happened but in reverse.

my_hero
Feb 16 2009, 09:03 PM
There's more money in <font color="green"> bowling </font>.

the_kid
Feb 16 2009, 09:16 PM
There's more money in <font color="green"> bowling </font>.

But when it becomes all about the money that is when the fun goes away. They guy is good at bowling though, I'm sure he has quite a few 300s since he got back into it.

my_hero
Feb 16 2009, 10:27 PM
But when it becomes all about the money that is when the fun goes away.

Exactly why i still play frisbee golf. It's fun. Work is where the BIG money is, and you're right it's not as fun. :D

scottcwhite
Feb 16 2009, 11:05 PM
Mike Henry #28056

He will have a huge 2009. I suggest Discraft give him something to keep him throwing their plastic.

ChrisWoj
Feb 16 2009, 11:08 PM
Mike Henry #28056

He will have a huge 2009. I suggest Discraft give him something to keep him throwing their plastic.

Believe me, if there's any one person I want to get picked up before... its him. ;) Hah. I've played more tournament rounds with him in the past year though than anybody else (I'm fairly certain of this) and I have to say that I agree. He has a cannon for an arm, and lately he's turned into a lights out putter from outside of 50. I hate complimenting the guy because I want to beat him so bad, but facts are facts.

Roosta
Feb 17 2009, 12:08 AM
first hand info from geoff last wednesday at our putting league. gateway is paying his major entries, allowing a mixed bag, and giving him a job at the factory in STL. apparently the Discraft bonuses were better but he is still getting performance bonuses.

blazinpat
Feb 17 2009, 09:53 PM
Well I guess the whole full ride sponsorship would be hard to deny. That's cool of gateway to do that for him.

the_kid
Feb 17 2009, 11:29 PM
first hand info from geoff last wednesday at our putting league. gateway is paying his major entries, allowing a mixed bag, and giving him a job at the factory in STL. apparently the Discraft bonuses were better but he is still getting performance bonuses.

Ouch the factory.............

JHBlader86
Feb 18 2009, 03:07 AM
I assume it's incredibly hard work in a disc golf factory??

the_kid
Feb 18 2009, 04:08 AM

Working in 110 degree heat is only fun for so long. Then again you do get to speed putt between each disc. It is pretty monotonous work but it is cool to see what goes into the process.

cbdiscpimp
Feb 18 2009, 10:05 AM

Working in 110 degree heat is only fun for so long. Then again you do get to speed putt between each disc. It is pretty monotonous work but it is cool to see what goes into the process.

How often is he really going to be in the factory if he is playing 50 tournaments a year? I would say only during the winter months. Sounds like a good deal to me.

JHBlader86
Feb 18 2009, 03:54 PM
If I had to guess, until David Mac decides to come in and say for sure, then Mon-Thurs and head out Friday for tournies.

blazinpat
Feb 24 2009, 04:48 AM
Any of you discraft guys know when they are gonna update who is actually still on the team and who the new guys are for the new year on the website?

my_hero
Feb 24 2009, 11:15 AM
The big shuffle has already happened and is being reflected under the team tab on the website. As far as the new guys being added, they'll show up once they update all of our profiles, which is usually done in late feb or early march.

blazinpat
Feb 24 2009, 01:51 PM
I saw the big shuffle, but I saw like 3 guys on there that have left the team. It looked like they just shuffled all the names from last year and didn't actually update it. Hmmm I guess we'll just wait and see in the next few weeks

CRUISER
Feb 24 2009, 05:21 PM
Patrick Blazek :D

blazinpat
Feb 25 2009, 03:34 AM
:P

dionarlyn
Feb 25 2009, 08:48 PM
Thank You Team Discraft for picking me up for the 2009 Season! I aim to represent strong in the NW and beyond this season!

- Dion Arlyn

ChrisWoj
Feb 25 2009, 10:35 PM
Congratulations Dion. :) Keep stepping up the game.

blazinpat
Feb 26 2009, 12:09 AM
Congrats Dion! Sweetness!

the_kid
Feb 26 2009, 12:20 AM
Thank You Team Discraft for picking me up for the 2009 Season! I aim to represent strong in the NW and beyond this season!

- Dion Arlyn

What will happen to the Champ Rhyno?

Congrats!

dionarlyn
Feb 26 2009, 02:54 AM

- Dion Arlyn

What will happen to the Champ Rhyno?

Congrats!

do you mean the champion classic roc? yeah, its been hard letting go but I've got bigger and better things to look forward to. My game has elevated to the next level in this off season and I can't wait to bring it to the tournament scene.

Matt -

What discs do you think every team member should have in the bag?

my_hero
Feb 26 2009, 10:51 AM

From a team veteran's standpoint, i'd say a Z-Xtreme, Predator, Surge, &amp; Buzzz. Oh, and Congrats to you!

dionarlyn
Feb 26 2009, 01:47 PM

From a team veteran's standpoint, i'd say a Z-Xtreme, Predator, Surge, &amp; Buzzz. Oh, and Congrats to you!

Definitly rock the Surge, Pred and Buzzz combo. I have yet to see a Z Xtreme, does anybody want to trade for some?

Patrick - congrats to you too! TEAM 1000Rated.com in the house!

MTChristian
Feb 26 2009, 04:44 PM
Long live the champion classic roc! Give me your extras Dion :)

Seriously, though, congrats on the big accomplishment! Blazek, I don't know how you weren't on the team earlier, but congrats!

Whip--see you at Aloha Sushi?

ChrisWoj
Feb 26 2009, 06:22 PM

Definitly rock the Surge, Pred and Buzzz combo. I have yet to see a Z Xtreme, does anybody want to trade for some?

Patrick - congrats to you too! TEAM 1000Rated.com in the house!

Ha I didn't even realize that 1000Rated.com had a team :) Tight, I like the way their team page is set up. Very cool looking. Though I'm surprised you have such an average wingspan Dion, for someone that calls himself the whip ;) ;) And Yeti at 6'4 with a 6'10! SICK!

my_hero
Feb 26 2009, 07:58 PM

Public service announcement sent, errrrr.....i mean PM sent! :D

dionarlyn
Feb 26 2009, 11:51 PM
Long live the champion classic roc! Give me your extras Dion :)

Seriously, though, congrats on the big accomplishment! Blazek, I don't know how you weren't on the team earlier, but congrats!

Whip--see you at Aloha Sushi?

Sure, I'll bring some champion classic rocs to Aloha, but you're gonna have to pay a lot of money to get them from me...like perhpas my entry fee, and lunch, and dinner and...

dionarlyn
Feb 26 2009, 11:57 PM
Ha I didn't even realize that 1000Rated.com had a team :) Tight, I like the way their team page is set up. Very cool looking. Though I'm surprised you have such an average wingspan Dion, for someone that calls himself the whip ;) ;) And Yeti at 6'4 with a 6'10! SICK!

Yeah, Brian from 1000rated.com is the man! His website is unbeleiveable and his support of disc golf is steller. I re-measured my wingspan and its closer to 75". And they call me the whip due to my height/slenderness more so than my gangly arms :)

blazinpat
Feb 26 2009, 11:58 PM
I think we're confused. I haven't gotten confirmation that I made it on the team yet, unless you guys know something I don't aye? Thanks for the props though! :)

MTChristian
Feb 27 2009, 01:28 AM
whoops, thought that what's Dion meant...obviously I have no inside info. Which makes it even more ridiculous you haven't already been picked up. Man, they wait any longer you might start getting some offers you can't refuse :)

And whip, isn't it your unswerving dedication to throwing max power 360s during tournaments on holes with OB everywhere, that gives you the "whip" nickname, rather than your height/slenderness? :) and i can't wait for aloha!

blazinpat
Feb 27 2009, 03:19 AM
haha it's all good. Thanks for the kind words though Dietrich.

alexjohnson13
Mar 03 2009, 12:47 AM
Patti:
Nice work last weekend...It is all starting to pan out...Maybe having you up in CO again might bring out Randolph a little more, and after seeing what you did at GCC X you took down some big jokers.
Nice work Blazek!

I know you'll be stoked to be on Team Discraft with pride.
Suprised Koz is still on there after not playing for almost a year.
Later
Alex

dionarlyn
Mar 03 2009, 02:19 AM
Hot playing Blaze!

Hope you get on the team soon!

Discraft plastic goes 1, 2, 2, 6, 9 out of the top ten!

blazinpat
Mar 03 2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks again guys, I definitely had a blast this last weekend.

That'd be sweet to get Randolph out and playing a lil more, but I know he's got a lot going on outside of disc golf too. It's tough when you've got a full time job and family. I guess we'll have to wait and see. As for Koz, what's happened to that guy? Did he just disappear? Discraft has their reasons for keeping you on the team, I don't think they'll just kick you off cuz you've been outta the seen for a lil while. Hmmm, he hasn't been seen casually either?

Anyways, looking forward to the Memorial. Only hope I can play just as good if not better this weekend. I head out in like 5 hours. Thanks again for the kind words guys. See ya around!

zbiberst
Mar 03 2009, 09:47 PM
koz is out on a very serious injury, and it sounds like he is almost ready to try playing again.

Archemike
Mar 09 2009, 05:00 PM
check out my 20yo play at the memorial discraft ;)

oh yeah i'm exclusive on the D

blazinpat
Mar 12 2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.discraft.com/team_blazek.html

Thanks again to everyone at Discraft!

sunrisensunrise
Mar 18 2009, 03:16 PM
Your PDGA rating is already wrong Pat.

the_kid
Mar 18 2009, 04:16 PM
Your PDGA rating is already wrong Pat.

Yeah he should have held back that part until this update.

Also did you see what Robbie is listed at? He may have to practice a little more to bump those few points.

blazinpat
Mar 18 2009, 04:24 PM
I just figured they'd change it when it updated. O'well, all that matters is what I'm actually at :)

ANHYZER
Mar 26 2009, 03:19 PM
Yucaipa will be won by Carlo or Blazek...

blazinpat
Mar 26 2009, 04:27 PM
haha, thx I hope ur right :) Even though I've never even seen the course B4. I'll get a couple rounds in tomorrow. Is it pretty self-explanatory? Anyways I'm just excited to get to play another tourney. It's been 3 weeks, way too long! You gonna play HB cent? I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll see ya there too. See ya this weekend!

ANHYZER
Mar 26 2009, 04:32 PM
The course is pretty easy to follow...It's the design that I like. It has wide open bombs, technical long holes, technical short holes, elevation change, lakes, etc... Are you camping?

I can't do HB this year, I have too much stuff to do around the house.

blazinpat
Mar 26 2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah I'll be camping with like 5 other vegas people. Dude I'm excited to see this course. The pics made it look pretty nice.

RhynoBoy
Mar 26 2009, 05:46 PM
Hey Pat, Where'd you sign up for the HB tournament? I have a buddy that will probably want to play that one.

blazinpat
Mar 26 2009, 07:34 PM
www.socaldiscgolf.org (http://www.socaldiscgolf.org) You have to mail it in though no online sign-up and the AM field has been full since last week. Plenty of Pro spots left.

CRUISER
Mar 27 2009, 12:06 AM
Kick some A** Pat!!!

wyattcoggin
Jul 02 2009, 12:25 PM
just read on the "next player to sign with Innova" That Ziggy went over to Innova. is this true?

i2rt
Jul 02 2009, 12:40 PM
just read on the "next player to sign with Innova" That Ziggy went over to Innova. is this true?

Heard nothing about it.
I am waiting for him to call me back right now.

stack
Aug 19 2009, 02:03 PM
Congrats to Andrew Coggins!!!!

As released on discraft's facebook page..
He's only in the 8th grade, yet Andrew Coggin of Winston-Salem, NC has already racked up six World titles! He's a three-time Jr. World Champion, and a three-time Jr. World Doubles Champion. Andrew has a bag full of Discraft and a very bright future.

Maureen Higgins
Aug 19 2009, 02:20 PM
congrats to andrew coggins!!!!

As released on discraft's facebook page..
he's only in the 8th grade, yet andrew coggin of winston-salem, nc has already racked up six world titles! He's a three-time jr. World champion, and a three-time jr. World doubles champion. Andrew has a bag full of discraft and a very bright future.

nice one andrew! :d

mannyd_928
Aug 19 2009, 04:16 PM
nice one andrew! :d

He does look like he could be Nate Doss' little brother! Congrats big guy!

cwphish
Aug 20 2009, 06:11 PM
Congrats Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!! And dad! ;-)

Different Subject: Go Cam! Hope he does well at the OHO and pushes Schwebsicles. As of today, he is still the best putter I have ever seen. Period! Still rocking the personalized challengers, but some of those Innova drivers seem to be serving him well!

ChrisWoj
Oct 01 2009, 10:31 PM
I heard from a NE Ohio local that Mike Gastin was picked up by Circle-D. Anybody know if there's weight behind this? If so, congrats to Mike - he's someone I enjoy golfing with on the course. Fiery competitor.

-Chris.