3. Seneca Creek State Park
4. Knob Hill
5. Allerdale Farms (no longer around)

Rex_Trimm
Jul 29 2008, 01:28 PM
1. Knob Hill
2. Moraine State Park
3. Morley Field (San Diego)
4. Westmoreland Park (Eugene Oregon baby)
5. Deer Lakes (Sorry there Chrissy, I just like it a lot.)

I've played all over the country. When I toured with the Cherry Poppin Daddies we carried a disc bag in the van and hit up courses in almost every place we could. We were never in a place like what we got here. Santa Cruz should be on my list, but screw that. We got all we need and then some right here.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 03:26 PM
I never said I didn't like Deer lakes :) It's in my top 10 actually. In fact I love Deer Lakes. Just because I think 2 holes could be better doesn't mean I don't like the course. There are very few courses that I have played that have 18 good holes. Maple Hill is definitely the nicest I have played yet though. Every hole could be a signature hole for the most part.

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 03:44 PM
1. Moraine
2. Seneca
3. South Lake Tahoe
4. Codorus
5. Getty Heights :D

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 03:56 PM
Can't believe I forgot Getty from my list.

Which course at Codorus? Or just Codorus in general? Th mini course was pretty sweet. Lori whooped my butt.

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 04:02 PM
Getty because thats where I first learned about Disc Golf and All of Codorus. The red course for the wind and lake views. The blue course for the variety of shots. The cross-country for the wooded holes and the x-course is a great combo of all.

South Lake Tahoe was just a beauty, considering there was 2 feet of hard pack snow on the ground.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 04:08 PM
I like Getty, except the Tee of hole 2. What was Michael D thinking?? It's actually one of the nicer short courses out there. And the only course that I have ever shot a -15 on.

Jeff_LaG
Jul 29 2008, 04:23 PM
Just because I think 2 holes could be better doesn't mean I don't like the course.

Here we go again. Just like a broken record.

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 04:26 PM
Just because I think 2 holes could be better doesn't mean I don't like the course.

Here we go again. Just like a broken record.

Who Cares...That's why it's a DISCUSSION BOARD. He's allowed to dislike as many holes as he wants. :mad:

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 04:26 PM
Jeff ..I.. Didn't know it was not allowed to respond to a post.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 04:28 PM
If you'd like I can start complaining about the holes at Warwick that were some of the stupidest hole I have ever played. or how I think Warwick is about half as nice as deer lakes

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 04:34 PM
It's like people complaining about hole 16 at Moraine. I understand the complaint. I might not agree. But I don't care if you tell me 8000 times how stupid you think the hole is. In the end it doesn't matter. It's a freaking discussion board where people should be allowed to speak freely.

Opinions are opinions and it doesn't really matter what anybody else thinks but yourself. everyone is right, and we all have the right to believe that we are correct in our own heads.

What's even more annoying than complaining about a hole, is someone who has to make a point to point it out that I complained about a hole.

Rex said " sorry Chris, I just like it"

I said " it's in my top 10, I just don't like 2 holes"

What's the big [censored] deal.

What people have said is finally making sense to me...........

Jeff_LaG
Jul 29 2008, 04:35 PM
If you'd like I can start complaining about the holes at Warwick that were some of the stupidest hole I have ever played. or how I think Warwick is about half as nice as deer lakes

If you're talking about some of the Wolfe Woods holes, I might agree with you. :D

If you're talking about any of the holes on the original Animal course, which is widely regarded as one of the best disc golf courses on the planet by hundreds of touring pros, tournament players, and casual golfers alike, then not so much.

If you seriously think there's a hole or holes on the original Animal course at Warwick that are "some of the stupidest holes you have ever played" then I pretty much can not bother ever discussing disc golf course design or disc golf course review with you ever again. It's really that simple.

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 04:39 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/kUrTpOoLe/Crying_baby_2.gif

Jeff_LaG
Jul 29 2008, 04:47 PM
Nice, Kurt. :D

As someone who personally shed blood sweat and tears for several years building the Warwick course, and who has heard nothing but critical acclaim and lavish praise from literally hundreds of golfers since the course opened almost ten years ago, if someone is going to say that the course has "some of the stupidest holes you have ever played" then they are obviously seeing things that no one else in the world sees. Why bother "discussing" at that point?

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 04:48 PM
What holes are good at Warwick?? I know a partial redesign has been done, so maby hole numbers have changed.

But lets start at Hole 1. Nothing great about that.

Hole 2. easy sidearm to a basket with a wall of pines in front of it. Not a bad hole.

Hole 3. Another sidearm to a cool green on top of a cliff. Good hole, would like to see 1 tree removed. Yummy raspberries.

Hole 4. Pretty standard.

Hole 5. Cool shot from the open into the woods, but really not that special. Very similar to the holes at Rotary Park in Huntington, WV.

Hole 6. Another standard hole.

Hole 7 another standard long straight shot, with a bunch of tree limbs that were actually touching the basket making almost all putts impossible. Nothing great about that.

Hole 8, the giant horseshoe hole. ummm NO thanks. Johnny Sias's lucky 8 has better U-turn holes than this as did Allerdale.

Hole 9, up through the gap or around the side....ok hole, but too far for most to get a 2.

Hole 10, down the hill. Another standard hole that puts the people on hole 14 in danger.

New hole 11. Very standard 280 foot shot through trees. nothing special here.

Hole 12 new...straight 280 feet through some woods. once again nothing special

Hole 13 way up the hill from out of the trees. The rock wall is pretty cool. But once you walk into the grass you can no longer see the pin. A big flag would help, but oeverall not much fun in throwin a big shot into the open , then a big shot up the hill. Yippee.

Hole 14 which they consider a signature hole. It is. But it's nothing great. The pin was in grass that was as high as the basket, and the tree overtop of the basket will eventually fall most likely damaging the basket. It was a good hole, but no better than hole 12 at the Woodshed, and kind of similar.

Hole 15, was a really good hole. But its just a crush to the open, and a crush back into the woods. Not too much accuracy needed.

Hole 16, now thats a stupid walk all the way up there to that tee. Once again, a decent hole, but nothing great about it.

Hole 17, another freaking huge walk to the tee, for a big bomb in the field. What was fun about that hole???

Hole 18 was a great hole, but really just requires more big arm shots. Placement?? What's it matter other than getting over the stone wall.

So if that is supposed to be great, I just don't see it. The grass was super tall, the baskets were looking pretty old an beat up, the signage was fading and almost unreadable. Tim and I made a special stop to play here and both of us left very unimpressed. Nothing that was a stand out hole by any means. Especially after just playing Maple Hill. It wasn't anywhere near the caliber of that course.

Give me Moraine, Deer Lakes, or Knob Hill anyday of Warwick.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 04:53 PM
maybe not stupid.......but not great by any means. Now I would like to hear why you think this course is so great Jeff?

and yeah Kurt ;) Love the true Yinzers

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 04:56 PM
Nice, Kurt. :D

It was for both of you... :D

Let opinions be what they are... Opinions

I hear them all the time and sometimes you have to say something to defend, sometimes you have to let them go in one ear and out the other.

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 05:11 PM
I like Getty, except the Tee of hole 2. What was Michael D thinking?? It's actually one of the nicer short courses out there. And the only course that I have ever shot a -15 on.

You got to play the blue tee one day your in the area. It basically makes the course a little longer but if there are other people you got to be careful not to throw into them. Considering there is no more room to work with we had to overlap some tees, not extreme except on hole #2 where you play from #3 basket back to #2.

It's fun in the winter when the lodge is out.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 05:12 PM
Also how did you guys come up with par 67? I was thinking 65 at the highest. And playing as bad as I did, I can't believe my round would be considered par.

A good course in my opinion is one that doesn't make you walk 1000 feet to get to the next tee while walking back up the fairway you just played. Or walking a ridiculous amount to get toa tee that throws right past where you just walked. It should be enjoyable to play with a large variety of holes and shots. It should test you mentally. It should be aesthetically pleasing, and there should be holes that allow for a large range of scores. I just didn't see that at Warwick.

But once again, its hard to give other courses high praise when you get to play Deer Lakes, Moraine or Knob everyday of your life. There just aren't many courses out there better than those 3 courses anywhere! And it's even harder to be fair to the course after playing Maple Hill. I've heard nothing but great things about Warwick, but I've also heard how ridiculously wooded the Woodshed is (which it is not except for 4 holes) And as much as I used to love Paw Paw and considered them 2 of the best courses, they are not. I would not enjoy playing them everyday of my life. They are great courses, with some great holes, but there are 2 or 3 holes on the Woodshed that are just not fun. It's not fun to throw a perfect drive than have a wall of trees to navigate the rest of the way.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 05:13 PM
I understand the reason of the tee on hole 2 at Getty, but the first time you see it, it just kind of makes you laugh. Now if it was a giant Oak tree, that would be cool!! as is, it doesn't really make you alter your shot that much.

kUrTp
Jul 29 2008, 05:27 PM
I almost forgot why you started this topic. And me playing Hudson Mills Metropark, Original course in Michigan. That would be in my top 5.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 05:45 PM
yeah!!! The original was a favorite of mine when I first played it back in 2000. I'd love to get back there again for a round. Cass Benton at the time was pretty amazing too! It would probably make my top 10 or even 5 if I could remember any of the holes :)

kUrTp
Jul 30 2008, 08:45 AM
It's been about 3-4 years since I was out there and can't remember if Hudson Mills was the one with the beer cap walkways. Do you remember that?

ebonaz
Jul 30 2008, 10:54 PM
well...the tree in front of 2's tee at getty will eventually be a gigantic oak tree. You should see the size of the nuts on that tree

Rex_Trimm
Jul 30 2008, 11:56 PM
Hey Baby Jesus, I was just making it fun. No big deal. I know that just about everything online isn't quite as fun as the pictures of you I took at All Good. Me and my friends are dying laughing. Don't worry, we won't use them for profit or actually making a point about how you've won our hearts and minds.

jmc2442
Jul 31 2008, 08:47 AM
You should see the size of the nuts on that tree

I think that says it all. :D

kUrTp
Jul 31 2008, 10:12 AM
So Stella...What are your favorite 5 courses that you've played???

jmc2442
Jul 31 2008, 10:28 AM
I haven't played too many. Actually, its not hard to get 5 as of now. that will continue to change as the Poole's and I travel on our PDGA tourney a month quest....

as of now:

1. DLDGC :D
2. Moraine State Park
3. Lake Shore Park - Ashtabula
4. Deis Hill Park - Dover, OH
5. Seth Burton / Orange Crush (the peeps prolly have a little to do with this too)

kUrTp
Jul 31 2008, 03:56 PM
Stella, what about Creekside Disc Golf Course???

jmc2442
Jul 31 2008, 04:14 PM
I'd rather try to sink putts from the second story deck up the hill in my backyard, blindfolded, around the mando that is 50 feet left of the basket keeping in mind that the deck is only 45 feet from the basket to begin with. :eek:

the fun caliber of that activity CANNOT be exaggerated. :D

speakerbear
Aug 01 2008, 01:49 PM
Favorites that I Have played :
1. Paw Paw (Woodshed and the Whipping Post - I like the Woodshed better but score better on the post.)
2. Mt. Airy (Truly Awesome course)
3. Moraine State Park (the future of the game)
4. Chili (Rochester,NY)
5. Allerdale (Sad that we will not get to play this course again, the best temp. course I've ever played/hands down)

Honorable Mention:
Nockamixon (near Allentown, PA)
Massillon, OH
Ashtabula
Stonehenge (private course outside Nashville-no longer there)
Big Run (Columbus,OH-also no longer in existence)

just my two cents.

sandalbagger
Aug 01 2008, 02:00 PM
You got your remote controlled disc for that shot Josh?? In my best Chuck Vesch voice - - - The government has the technology.

jmc2442
Aug 01 2008, 02:11 PM
if you were at the cooker you would get the inside joke there. and its funny, a remote controlled disc came up with more than one person that day....