evandmckee
Jul 18 2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/e/v/a/n/mckee/2008-07/181001-flyer-3777.jpg

DaWookie
Aug 05 2008, 03:54 PM
yall ready for me?

evandmckee
Aug 05 2008, 04:36 PM
shhh.......be quiet Wookie, we don't want animal control to get you for not wearing a leash plus we'd probably have to get some kinda permit for having live Wookies inside the city limits

on another note, it's appearing that we will be playing everything as long as possible on all rounds, this will include the "Geren Witch" triple mando on hole 12 being in the long position

sschumacher
Aug 05 2008, 05:55 PM
Will there be any air-conditioning on the course this year? :confused:

evandmckee
Aug 05 2008, 06:25 PM
It's only 100 degrees, whadya want.... "Fluffy Comfort on the Border" :confused:

We're thinking about calling a winter time tournament for Ben Geren "Hell Freezes Over" :D

MattScott
Aug 05 2008, 07:26 PM
where is a good place to stay in ft smith?

DaWookie
Aug 05 2008, 08:14 PM
yea what hotels are close to the course?

ChrisEads
Aug 06 2008, 12:07 AM
The wookies are only allowed to stay in the forest with the rest of the animals but everyone else can look for hotels on pheonix ave. or zero avenue but most of the hotels are going to be on phoenix ave.

evandmckee
Aug 06 2008, 12:35 PM
where is a good place to stay in ft smith?

alot of players have stayed here before, rates in the $45 range

Motel 6
6001 Rogers Ave
I-540 at Rogers ave, exit #8/8-A
Phone: (479) 484-0576

not far from the course if you go on I-540

this might be the most economical for a "nice" place, lots of other options if you check around online.......

cduncan
Aug 07 2008, 08:39 PM
hey evan, what is the stamp going to look like this year? better than the last 2 years? That will be a hard stamp to beat. I'm sure it will look good either way. just curious what it will look like.

AlmaWillie
Aug 07 2008, 09:23 PM
It's gonna be the same as the pic on the flyer, from what I understand. Evan can correct that if wrong.

twoputtok
Aug 08 2008, 12:29 PM
Billy Crump and Brian Graham have contacted Mike and Mike on ESPN thru the PDGA. They are trying to get them down to The USDGC this year and do a live feed during the event.

We need your help: to whomever reads this post, if you could just send an email to them and give them some good reasons why they should come down to The USDGC.

I am going to be emailing them several times a week giving them different reasons why they should give DISC GOLF a chance.

Billy wants thousands of emails to flood their computers. This could happen with enough effort from our community of Disc Golf.

The email is Mike and Mike (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/email)

Thanks for all of your efforts

Schwebby

MattScott
Aug 11 2008, 03:38 AM
Three of us are gona come down to Ft. Smith to play the course Monday morning. That is as long as it is not crazy storming. Call us if you want to play, we will be down there around 10 or 11am. 501-838-3069.

TeeBirdPoop
Aug 12 2008, 12:22 PM
So looks like the weather isn't gonna let us down this time. Scattered thunderstorms all weekend but temp will be in the low 80s which will be nice. I haven't played a tournament this year that it hasn't rained. Would expect no less this time!!! :D

Randal
Aug 12 2008, 02:07 PM
if the HOTB is below 90's will have to rename the tournament maybe we can call it when Hell froze over at the boarder :confused:
its almost not fare to those who haven't got to expriense the past HOTB's (endurance as well talent events)

evandmckee
Aug 12 2008, 02:46 PM
Only tournament I've ever seen where players may just be happy if it rains :cool:

I just hope that it doesn't rain too bad at the driving range, we'll have several fun side games at no charge with some merch prizes, also an excellent place to kick back with good people and enjoy

Looking to be an excellent time :)

DaWookie
Aug 12 2008, 02:46 PM
If it's below 90 every one should have to wear a winter jacket

BrokenPutt
Aug 13 2008, 03:42 PM
If it's below 90 every one should have to wear a winter jacket

Yeah you're already wearing your fur coat! :cool:

Stacey
Aug 13 2008, 03:46 PM
Wow! 6 ladies so far. Nice. Only one division for ladies? Awesome! :cool:

evandmckee
Aug 13 2008, 05:49 PM
Wow! 6 ladies so far. Nice. Only one division for ladies? Awesome! :cool:

some of the ladies divisions could change, the online pre-reg just had "am lady", we'll get with them b4 the players meeting and make sure they're in their div. of their choice/eligibility....

It'd be nice if they did all compete in the same division but that's just my opinion and their choice needs to come first

looking like at least 2 cards of ladies though :cool:

Melissa
Aug 13 2008, 10:24 PM
Ashley and I would prefer to have all ladies play in the same division...or two. Five women in four divisions...like at Alma...is just a bit ridiculous, in my opinion.

Stacey
Aug 13 2008, 10:40 PM
I agree with Melissa. Tell all the ladies - Move UP!!! :D

evandmckee
Aug 14 2008, 03:34 AM
Right On :cool:

I hope for at least 2 divisions also, 5 women and 4 divisions was kinda overboard, but I'm just glad that we have several Ladies playing, as always we will offer a extra deep more than 100% entry and all get a payout to ALL Ladies & Jr's :cool:

wforest
Aug 14 2008, 10:30 AM
... always need to cater and adjust to the fairer gender ... way to go guys ...

AlmaWillie
Aug 14 2008, 11:27 AM
I will also agree that 4 divisions with 5 people is unreasonable.
But speaking for Shawna, and she may shoot me down on this later, I do feel that an there should be a split between the ladies who play often; in practice, mini's and tourneys; and the ones like Shawna who play maybe 4-5 times a year total. She has only played in 2 tourneys this year, has played the course at the house twice, and that is it as far as I can remember. No practice rounds, no mini's. She only plays in the tourneys for the comraderie of other ladies, but she likes to feel she has a chance of winning and being competetive.

So there should be two divisions, as ya'll said, so I'll shut-up now and wait for my wife to bust my balls on here! :o :p

Glad to see several women are gonna make it. I know Shawna is excited about it, just hoping against the rain!!

And PS- She is working on her drive a lot at the football field. Going for the distance comp for sure!!!

sschumacher
Aug 14 2008, 12:49 PM
I will also agree that 4 divisions with 5 people is unreasonable.

I don't really see a problem with that. All it means is that out of 5 women, 4 will finish with a 1st place trophy and one will finish with a 2nd place trophy. If they all played on the same card then I would consider that to be a fun card since basically they are all winners just for playing. If two or three of them want to challenge each other with some side cash bets then that's always good too. :cool:

DaWookie
Aug 14 2008, 12:54 PM
Are there going to be any dubs friday night???

Melissa
Aug 14 2008, 01:21 PM
Is this tournament three or four rounds, with or without a final round for the top four, and if so, for which divisions?

evandmckee
Aug 14 2008, 03:04 PM
Are there going to be any dubs friday night???

Shawn and I will be on the course tomorrow afternoon and staying to dark, so sure, we may as well play some dubs :cool:

Flip dubs @ 6:30 pm, $5 per person, 100% cash payout

evandmckee
Aug 14 2008, 03:06 PM
Is this tournament three or four rounds, with or without a final round for the top four, and if so, for which divisions?

3 full rounds, final 9 for top 4 in ea. division, if the div. is small and the top 4 don't want to, we won't make them

Stacey
Aug 14 2008, 04:57 PM
Shawna is good enough to move up. I have told her that personally. 4 divisions even 3 divisions among 6 players is unreasonable. I do not go to minis, practice regularly or do tournaments as oftens as I like. I guess I just like to think I am an advance player. I do like to compete. And do not understand why would someone want to be in there own division when she has a chance to compete with other ladies and improve her game at the same time. I could go on, probaly getting off track.
Anyway, sounds as if Shawna has an up on me practicing her long drives. I need to go now and practice my putting just in case I do make it. :) I hope to see ya'll there. I do not want to leave the Tulsa girls playing against each other in there own division at an Arkansas event. I need to come and represent.

evandmckee
Aug 14 2008, 05:27 PM
It'd be awesome to see you there Stacy, thing about it is that there will be 1 premium solid walnut laser engraved ladies trophy and all ladies and juniors will get merch payout regardless of finish, so as far as winning stuff it'll be about the same regardless of division

oh yeah, bring that Heath guy too :cool:

I'm just glad that Melissa has competition so she won't play in a Men's div. and beat me if I were playing :D

Melissa
Aug 14 2008, 06:04 PM
WOW Stac...I couldn't have said it any better myself! Well stated. In my opinion, either you're pro...or you're not...especially when it comes to being a woman. That's how World's works. I guess I can also understand playing rec if it's the first tournament you've ever played. Just my two cents.

I really really reallly hope you're able to make it! It's been waaaaay too long since I've seen ya! Keep beggin'!!! :cool:

AlmaWillie
Aug 14 2008, 07:13 PM
I once again will have to agree. I KNOW Shawna doesn't want to play in a division on her own, as she likes to have competition with other ladies. Her best tourney to date was at The Links in Springdale, when her and Loretta (I think was the name) were battling for their division. She loved that!! That tourney meant something to her. When she came out of Alma Greens with first place in a division that only had one person, it was bittersweet. She will admit that. She was more interested in how much she was beat by other people, like Melissa, and where she lost the strokes that cost her the round. But in that round, she also saw that she was not the same caliber player, and that she should be OK with what she did with her limited experience and play.

I have asked Shawna at every tourney she plays to step-up to intermediate because she has been playing for a while now. But her rating, and recent round ratings, show that she is well within the designation of a recreational player. And just by looking at the fact that she is playing less than once a month, in any fashion, should show that she is definetely a recreational player.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for ladies like Melissa and Discgolfnmama, and know that Shawna does too. She loves to play with and against them, and I know would like nothing more than to play at their level. And she may get on here after her open house tonight and put me in my place, and I may have to delete all my posts. :D

PS - A little birdie just told me that Discgolfnmama WILL be at HOTB!!!! I know Shawna is ready to play and looks forward to the fun of the game, with the camraderie of the ladies. Ya'll have a good time!!! :cool:

Melissa
Aug 15 2008, 11:45 AM
Are there more Open guys signed up that aren't listed on the pre-reg list? Crazy that there's more ladies than open men right now! I heard Wagle's coming, so that's at least one more. But so is Stacey, so the numbers are still equal! That, my friends, is why I love to play in Arkansas! There's always so many girls who come out of the woodwork! Plus the entry fee is unbeatable! Keep it up Arkies!

Can't wait! See ya'll later today!

DaWookie
Aug 15 2008, 01:33 PM
Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlmaShawna
Aug 15 2008, 10:07 PM
I have had a ton of phone calls about the women's division posts. So here is my response. I'm not in disc golf for the prestige, the money, the discs, or the trophies. I'm in disc golf to have FUN!!! If that is no longer allowed then I will kindly back out of tourneys and the organizations that sponser the tournaments will lose my tourney money. I love meeting people and having fun even if I totally suck. Which I do!!! :)
By the way, according to PDGA, I don't have to step up until my rating is above a 750. I currently have a 701. Yes, I have been interested in disc golf for 4 years but I have only played about 6 tourneys and a few minis. The last tournament I played was Alma Greens. That is the last time I was on a course of any kind and it will probably lower my rating. That's been 2 months since I have been on a course of any kind. I think the TD should make the decision about the divisions and I will abide by what that decision is. Hopefully we can still have fun this weekend by I am now dreading it. We shall see!!!

accidentalROLLER
Aug 15 2008, 11:53 PM
<font color="green">LET'S GET IT ON!</font>

evandmckee
Aug 16 2008, 03:48 AM
Most Fun Wins :cool:

Heath
Aug 16 2008, 07:48 AM
Play whatever division YOU feel comfortable playing, to heck with what anybody else thinks or says. Everything they are saying is a them problem, not a you problem. Do Not play up because you feel pressured to, if anyone has a problem with there not being enough players in their division they also have complete freedom to move up or over to another division. You are playing this game to have fun, don't let anybody take that away just to make them happy.

Evan said it best...

Most Fun Wins!!! (oh and also the lowest score in each particular division, regardless of the # of people you play against)

Heath
Aug 16 2008, 08:20 PM
Scores???????

Melissa
Aug 17 2008, 10:54 PM
What an EXCELLENT weekend! Evan and Shawn and all the sponsors and volunteers (Kelly, sorry you had to sit back and watch!)...GREAT tournament! I've been playing for a little over three years now, and I must say this is probably my favorite tournament yet! I enjoyed the competition with Stacey and Ashley, yet at the same time, I LOVED mentoring the young junior girls! Phoenix and Cheyenne improved SO much in the two rounds we had the priveledge of playing with them in. I am really so proud of those two girls! It was nice to meet Alexandria too...I look forward to playing with you in the near future! COME TO THE OO!!!

I definitely have to give props to the TD's for getting the scores/ratings posted so quickly! Great job! And thanks for letting us out-of-towners get on the road. See ya next time!!!

Oh, and Stacey...I still love you girl! See ya soon! ;)

twoputtok
Aug 18 2008, 09:39 AM
props to all involved with hosting this event!!!!

I didn't play last year and wasn't sure about this year but I'm really glad I made the decisiion to play. The most picture perfect weather I have ever seen or heard about for the HOB. Had a blast with my entire division.

Thanks to all :D

PS will someone please turn in my 1st run purple champ sidewinder that walked off from the driving range.........

Stacey
Aug 18 2008, 09:43 AM
Thank you Shawn and Evan for a great tournament. 7 ladies, 2 junior girls - Awesome! Phoenix and Cheyenne rock!
It was a good time and I am glad I made it.

Oh, and Melissa... I still love you too. :D

Randal
Aug 18 2008, 11:16 AM
a tournament all must try and attened in the future. thank you Shaun &amp; Evan for another excellent event.

twoputtok
Aug 18 2008, 11:23 AM
Sorry you didn't get in the final 9, I would have like to see ho it finished. ;)

But I'm no toooooo upset. :D

DaWookie
Aug 18 2008, 11:56 AM
Great tourney WAFDA you guys got it going on, I had a blast even though it was a little chilly this weekend. CONGRATS again Eads way to light up the final 9.

racerb491
Aug 18 2008, 01:17 PM
thanks to shawn, evan and crew :D. fun times ;)

good shootn roger :cool:

ChrisEads
Aug 18 2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks Shaun, Evan, and Crew it was a blast esp. without the rain. Thanks Wookie the final 9 was great and its weird that I shot so well i mean what happened different compared to the other rounds (maybe it was because i finally didnt have you on my card) I mean this common law relationship we had going on was starting to get a little to serious for me. :p

DaWookie
Aug 18 2008, 03:53 PM
Are you breaking up with me????

twoputtok
Aug 18 2008, 05:37 PM
Arkansas truley is the land of Opportunity!

Pro division payout $1135
Arkansas - $125 (11%)
Out of State - $1010 (89%)

Pro master
Arkansas - $0
Oklahoma - $555 (100%)

Total Cash (not merch) paid out $1690
Percentage that left the State 92.6% :o

:D:D:D:D

ChrisEads
Aug 18 2008, 07:11 PM
I wouldnt call it breaking up i just realized i might be better off without you. I mean I did shoot better in 9 holes than I did in the other 54 that i played and you were the common link that seperated it

wforest
Aug 18 2008, 07:32 PM
� �twas a great tournament � as always � :)
� great players-packs � as always � :)
� at a great Park and Course � as always � :)
� in a great town � as always � :)
� surrounded by a lotta great people and players � as always � :)
� ate some great food � as always � :)
� the only difference was � cooler weather � suh-weeet � (NOT as always) � :D

� had a great time � as always � :cool:

Aug 19 2008, 12:59 AM
Evan &amp; Shaun, it was nice meeting you both. What a fun tournament!!! I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the scores posted by the time we got back to Tulsa. I definitely plan on being there next year.

Oh, and Melissa &amp; Stacey...I still hate you both.:eek: :D

Randal
Aug 19 2008, 12:31 PM
"1" is the lonelyest number
"looking for number "1" last call for the number "1", missed final 9 by "1", missed last cash by "1", missed a 1000 rated round by "1"(999), ruined my tournament chances in the "1st" round, "1st" throws in both 2nd &amp; 3rd rounds went OB, the best of all is the hole in "1" on 16 in the third round that hit the basket. just "1" inch higher is all that was needed for $270? plus 3rd place $125 and my 1000 rated round. I do not know were the number "1" was hanging out Sat. &amp; Sun. but if I could have had just "1" of them show up, I would have gone home happy :). amazing how much "1" shot matters in golf. sucks to be number "1" sometimes :mad:

wforest
Aug 19 2008, 11:39 PM
... Randal , that was 1 amusing post ... :D
... but EYE know where the 1 was that you were needing ...
... it was "stuck" in your Computer , dude ... it was sitting right there ... in the middle of your username ... :eek:

Randal
Aug 20 2008, 12:36 PM
L O L :D:D :D:D :D:D

--Randal_One_L.---
there it is^^^ :mad:

I should have know to ask you Wayne your very observent of those little details

evandmckee
Aug 20 2008, 02:01 PM
Arkansas truley is the land of Opportunity!

Pro division payout $1135
Arkansas - $125 (11%)
Out of State - $1010 (89%)

Pro master
Arkansas - $0
Oklahoma - $555 (100%)

Total Cash (not merch) paid out $1690
Percentage that left the State 92.6% :o

:D:D:D:D

wow, I'm not on the board 1 day and some real good, real funny, and some sadly true posts :D

It was a pleasure seeing all the players being happy, thanks for all of the thanks and praises of the tournament :cool:

#1 moment on the TD side was definitely seeing our Junior Girls absolutely "star struck" being able to play on the Adv. Ladies card the last 2 rounds, seeing them wanting their pix taken with them, hearing them wanting to go shopping for dry fit skirts..........Thanks to all of you Adv. Ladies for helping them :)

makes our drive to raise money for EDGE even stronger

Thanks to ALL who attended and/or helped with the tourney, without ya'll the PLAYERS no matter what we as volunteers do in preperation it is nothing without your Support and Attendance!! :cool:

and TwoPutt, Okie's did clean it up, however our baggers did at least hold onto the Men's Am Divisions 1st Place Titles :D(except for Wayne winning MG1, but we're just pleased that the Forrest was with us) :)

in the future these players will make fine pro's and get some of that Okie Cash /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

m_conners
Aug 20 2008, 03:38 PM
I missed Sundays round but wanted to thank Shaun and Evan for running a very cool event. The weather was fantastic on Saturday and I loved all the cold water on the course. Also had a great time at the driving range, it was good to meet all of you Arkies.

I just have to say that Colin Furrow is one of the funniest dudes i've ever met, I forgot how frikin funny this dude is. When he started giving Adam a hard time on the course I could not stop laughing...laughed so hard it hurt my stomach.

DaWookie
Aug 20 2008, 04:37 PM
I just have to say that Colin Furrow is one of the funniest dudes i've ever met, I forgot how frikin funny this dude is. When he started giving Adam a hard time on the course I could not stop laughing...laughed so hard it hurt my stomach.

He is as funny as his game isn't he :eek:

twoputtok
Aug 20 2008, 05:26 PM
You two should team up. :eek:

taydrl
Aug 21 2008, 04:36 PM
ATTENTION ALL LADY DISC GOLFERS

OK, LISTEN UP LADIES. I am trying to help here. I am beginning to wonder if the ladies of disc golf really want to promote this sport or just gripe about the low numbers of women players. I have issued a challenge on other threads to help those who want to help themselves. RESULTS, the board went quiet. My wife and I are trying to build a disc golf resort near tulsa, oklahoma. We are not disc golfers but we love the sport and the disc golf community as a whole. We are absolutely putting our money where our mouth is. We have had the honor of having our course played by some very good women players, including Courtney Peavey and Valerie Jenkins. As newcomers to the sport, I do my research by surfing other clubs discussion boards and try to ascertain needs of the sport where we might be able to fill a niche. To that end, we are willing to host an all women's tournament with some substantial added money (depending on the number of entries). All I hear from women is their concern about the lack of competition or female competitors. It is obvious to me that we need to raise the bar for women in this sport. If there is genuine concern for this sport by enough ladies, then we are here to help you, ladies, raise the bar. If it is just a venue for negative comments then, count us out. Any ladies want to do something positive and good for ladies disc golf. The ball is now in your court. Jim Taylor, owner, The Lodge in Pawhuska, Ok. 918-724-3121.

--------------------
JT

cduncan
Aug 25 2008, 02:48 PM
i am not trying to offend anybody, but the above GRIPES are probably one of the strangest ways i have seen someone try to get people involved. FACT: there just are not that many female disc golfers, especially in Arkansas. and as far as a venue for negative comments, you made quite a few. I don't disagree with what you are trying to do, i fully support getting more women to play. But the way you wrote the above comments is not that positive. If you really help from people i found the best way is to try nicely and if there is no response, then there is no response. Again i fully support what you are trying to do, but i disagree with the way you said it.

m_conners
Aug 26 2008, 06:00 PM

He is as funny as his game isn't he :eek:

So did Colin end up giving free mouth hugs after the tournament as promised?

MattScott
Aug 27 2008, 03:24 AM
So did Colin end up giving free mouth hugs after the tournament as promised?

Yes I received 5 plus $10. colin is such a great guy

taydrl
Aug 27 2008, 11:21 AM
THE LODGE REPORT
We are working on the course getting ready for next weekend.
As Joe has mentioned we will be playing the Island Course (18) and Moccassin Creek (9) for a total of 27 holes each day.
We are mowing, working on tee pads and building a couple of new bridges. The course(s) should be ready for play by Saturday. If anyone wants to come up this weekend and get in some practice rounds you are more than welcome. Moccassin Creek is going to be changed quite a bit from the last tournament. We, (Andrew and Penny) have tweaked the course to make it play very smoothly for 9 holes but, more difficult and technical. Camping is free, golf is free so, if you would like to play The Lodge this weekend, just come on up.

--------------------
JT

wforest
Aug 28 2008, 02:06 PM
... hey Evan ... Martin Norris' final 9 score is incorrect ...

evandmckee
Aug 28 2008, 02:19 PM
I'll check it out and get it fixed

accidentalROLLER
Aug 29 2008, 09:29 AM
I just realized I wasn't included in the final nine. It's not really a big deal, but I could use the extra points cause I'm trying to qualify for Worlds next year.

DaWookie
Aug 29 2008, 08:02 PM
Evan do you know the link for world's qualifying facts?

wforest
Aug 31 2008, 06:44 PM
I'll check it out and get it fixed

... thanks ... september NINTH is almost here ! ... Ratings , dude ... :D

evandmckee
Sep 02 2008, 02:47 PM
Evan do you know the link for world's qualifying facts?

probably not available yet for 09?? the definitive answer would be to contact the TD, Jack Lowe, contact info HERE (http://www.pdga.com/schedule/event.php?TournID=8105)

Melissa
Sep 09 2008, 08:30 AM
Happy birthday Evan! Hope you have a great day!

AlmaWillie
Sep 09 2008, 10:08 AM
Happy Birthday Evan!!!!

Wish for a backhand drive, and then teach it to me!!!!!

I wish you all the best!! Have a GREAT day!!!

evandmckee
Sep 10 2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the B-Day wishes :cool:

I've learned the backhand throw, now I need Willie to show me how to make it go over 180 feet and in the right direction :p ;)