bbotte
Jul 10 2008, 08:55 AM
I have bought it but can't play it yet on my iPhone as Apple has not released the update 2.0 for my iPhone yet, maybe tomorrow they will.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/FrisbeeGolf.jpg

bbotte
Jul 10 2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks Macrumors.com for the early update download. :) Firmware 2.0 is pretty cool.

bbotte
Jul 10 2008, 02:40 PM
Meh it's kinda crappy but kills time.

my_hero
Jul 10 2008, 02:57 PM
but kills time

So does talking to yourself. :D

What's up Ben? How's the growing family? How's the healing? 100% yet? Is your avatar a traffic cam capture of the accident? :DHope all is well.

MTL21676
Jul 10 2008, 03:14 PM
but kills time

LMAO

bbotte
Jul 11 2008, 07:54 AM
but kills time

What's up Ben? How's the growing family? How's the healing? 100% yet? Is your avatar a traffic cam capture of the accident? :DHope all is well.

*Shakes fist at John* Family is good, healing is about done I suppose, playing in the BHMO tomorrow. I am about 60-70% I think, I don't know if I will ever be back to what I used to be able to do. I am missing 100ft right and left handed. I feel good throwing but putting is just awful, the plate in my wrist really suxors, I don't have the range of motion and I just feel awkward when I putt. Also the big metal brace I have to wear on my left leg for my ACL/MCL kinda sux. My best round so far in 2 events is a 956 I think. For a good laugh click my name and look at my rating. I refuse to type it. At BHMDGC I have shot below 81 only twice, 81 about 3 times and a whole bunch over par. I am hoping to throw a couple of 81s this weekend for 1000 rated rounds and maybe help my rating a bit. We will see, hot on Fri and rain on Sunday will really hurt me. As for regular life I feel great, I only really notice my injuries when I am trying to play against Brad a Tyler and they smoke me by more than 10. :mad:

The coolest thing that could happen to me this weekend would be to qualify for the US Open, it's such a long shot of a goal, and I will get destroyed there if I could go, But I still want to go so bad. I haven't been to that event in forever. It's my favorite course and event, it's just so **** hard to qualify with all the spots they give out. So many Quality players have to stay home while a 870 rated TD of an NT gets to play.

As for the avatar, you're a funny guy. :cool:

Hows your family? I see you just had another bundle of joy correct?

veganray
Jul 11 2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks Macrumors.com for the early update download. :) Firmware 2.0 is pretty cool.

From macrumors.com today:

Yesterday, we published a link to what appeared to be the release version of the iPhone 2.0 Firmware. This version of the firmware was successfully installed on a number of original iPhones and readers were able to start using Apps from the iTunes App Store.

Today, Apple released the official 2.0 Firmware. While it carries the same build number, the file sizes are different and the iPhone model designation is different. One unconfirmed poster explains that the "iPhone1,2" firmware that was leaked yesterday was only intended for use on development versions of the iPhone 3G. While it does appear to work on the original iPhone, it is not supported and is said to contain iPhone 3G specific debug code which may cause intermittent slowdowns.

Due to this possibility, we recommend all readers who upgraded to the pre-release firmware to take the time to upgrade to the official firmware. The process is exactly the same. Remember, with any firmware upgrade, there is the possibility that you may lose your data, and we can't take any responsibility.

Before you begin, remember that the phone will have to be reactivated after firmware installation. This normally takes a few seconds when connecting to iTunes, but with the high number of activations today, Apple's iTunes servers have been unresponsive, leaving many waiting to activate. It appears activations have just now started to run smoothly, but you may want to wait even longer before "upgrading" just to be safe.

1. Sync your iPhone with iTunes to make sure all data is backed up.
2. Download iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw (Official firmware). You should get a single ".ipsw" file. If your browser renames it to a .zip file, you should rename it to ".ipsw"
3. In iTunes click on the "Check for Updates" while holding the Option key on the Mac (Shift key on Windows)
4. Select the firmware you downloaded in step #2
5. Wait for your iPhone to update and restore.

All your App Store applications and data should be moved over, and all applications should run.

Unrelated to this procedure, there have been sporadic reports of people having Applications quitting immediately after launch. This has happened both with original iPhone and iPhone 3G versions. The solution is to simply delete the application and redownload it from the App Store. Apple allows you to re-download any application for free.

my_hero
Jul 11 2008, 05:30 PM
Good to hear the recovery is going as well as it can be. Sounds like you'd set off a few alarms at the next airport security check point that you try to cross with all of that metal in your body. Sheesh. Those of that have had the pleasure of golfing with know that your rating dropped, and we know why it dropped. Best of luck this weekend at the BHMO! Give Schick a hug for me too! Thanks for asking about the fam. We are doing as well as a household of Heroes can be doing. Yes, my daughter is 14 months now but it seems like yesterday.