JonnyHyzer
Jul 08 2008, 12:58 PM
What is the rule if you don�t feel comfortable or become distracted after you start your run-up / x-step on a drive, so you decide not to throw, but your forward momentum results in stepping over the limit line (with the disc in hand) at the front of the tee pad? Since you didn�t throw the disc (but you and the disc broke the limit line), can you back up and throw your tee shot without incurring a stroke penalty?

cgkdisc
Jul 08 2008, 01:10 PM
There's no penalty for crossing the line and not releasing. However, if you took more than 30 seconds to release your second run-up, your group could give you a warning. If the distraction was something like a car driving by or a pedestrian coming into view then your 30 second count would start over.

bob
Jul 08 2008, 01:18 PM
Runners advance :)

cgkdisc
Jul 08 2008, 02:40 PM
Runners advance

Such as the pedestrians run across the fairway to get out of the way? :cool:

JonnyHyzer
Jul 08 2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks for clarrification Chuck. I did this during a practice round last weekend and was wondering if it was a no-no for tourney play.

Didn't know if there was a DISCtionary term for this - but balking seemed appropriate?!? :D

cgkdisc
Jul 08 2008, 08:00 PM
With the Olympics coming up how about 'false starting' or perhaps 'feinting'?

chainmeister
Jul 08 2008, 08:45 PM
Runners advance :)

A player who is a stand and deliver type driver is like a reilef pitcher who comes in to start the inning with no runners on and throws from the stretch.

DeMagnet
Sep 07 2008, 01:19 AM
There's no penalty for crossing the line and not releasing. However, if you took more than 30 seconds to release your second run-up, your group could give you a warning. If the distraction was something like a car driving by or a pedestrian coming into view then your 30 second count would start over.

Exactly when does you 30 seconds begin? What other instances (if any )allow you to start your count over.

Sorry if this information is already covered in another thread, but I haven't had a chance to read EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

Fossil
Sep 07 2008, 08:30 AM
You don't have to read every discussion board page, It is about the top of the list when you look at the rules tab at top of every page on this site. I happened to post the same thing for someone else 30 seconds ago. Two 30 second questions and I still had the rule copied...Ctrl V

.801.03 Excessive Time

A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
(1) the previous player has thrown; and,
(2) the player has taken a reasonable time to arrive at the disc and mark the lie; and,
(3) the playing area is clear and free of distractions.

B. A player shall receive a warning for the first excessive time violation if observed by two or more players of the group or an official. The player shall be assessed one penalty throw for each subsequent excessive time violation in the same round if observed by two or more players of the group or an official.

hazard
Sep 13 2008, 12:14 AM
For the record, I don't think I have ever seen a "balk" occur in which neither of the following happened.

1. Someone said "good stop."

2. Someone busted out laughing.

So yeah, the 30 second count is probably going to reset.