Joe
Jun 27 2008, 12:42 PM
Since last Friday, there have been a couple of significant changes with Live Oak and San Antonio.

First, in Live Oak, Debra Lally is moving up to the City Managers office effective next Monday. If you need anything from LO with regards to parks and recreation, let me know, and I will find the right contact.

Second, the director of parks and recreation for the city of San Antonio resigned his position last Friday. There is an interim director, but for contact purposes, it would be best to stick with Richard Hurd.

Joe
Jul 29 2008, 12:11 PM
During Last night's Park Board meeting, I learned that Richard Hurd is no longer with SA Parks and Rec. Their interim Park Ops. Manager (our contact) is Victor Valdez. 207-3037.

Joe
Sep 24 2008, 05:00 PM
On Sept. 27 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., there will be an NCAA cross country meet hosted by Incarnate Word at the LO City Park.

The parks foreman is asking that anyone planning to play dg, to wait until the meet is over. They are aniticipating nearly 1000 people throughout the park.

DISConnected
Sep 24 2008, 05:07 PM
There's a mini in Gruene that day, with beer and BBQ. :D

Grog
Sep 24 2008, 09:55 PM
There is also a mini at McClain starting at 9:30. :D:D

Joe
Oct 29 2008, 04:18 PM
Nov. 8th there will be another X-Country race at the park from 8 a.m-Noon. The city will also have tape across various fairways starting Nov. 6th in preparation of the race.

Don't forget about the Halloween event tomorrow nite. This may affect the city hall course. FYI