mrsheridan
Jun 25 2008, 05:38 PM
This is my first year of doing PDGA/SCDGA tournaments. I planned on doing as many So Cal tournaments as possible. But so far every out of town tournament (I live in HB) I've wanted to go to has run 1 round on Sat. and 2 on Sun. for my division (Am Master). This includes the Evergreen open, Santa Maria Open and Sun Valley Open. When you couple the price of gas and having to fight the early evening Sunday going back to OC traffic along with everyone else, it makes these out of town events less appealing. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I just wanted to vent and was wondering if anyone else felt this way.

Mike

boredatwork
Jun 27 2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the input regarding Evergreen Open, hopefully I will have more of a hand in the tournament next year and will take your experience into account!

omarroper
Jun 27 2008, 03:01 PM
I understand why sometimes we have 2 rounds on Sat and 1 on Sun (and vice versa). How about SoCal tourneys rotate the double Sat and double Sun tourneys...

eg:
SMO - pros play 2 rounds on Sun
SVO - pros play 2 rounds on Sat
Santa Maria - pros play 2 rounds on Sun
Coyote Point - pros play 2 rounds on Sat

This was just an example, I know the CPC has 2 courses... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif