cpleis
May 21 2008, 11:30 AM
This happened at a tournament last weekend. A player threw his shot and his disc landed out of bounce on a road and before anyone had a chance to tee a car struck his disc and knocked it in bounce. Is it in or out? His disc came to complete stop before it was struck I think.
Thanks,
Crispy

baldguy
May 21 2008, 11:35 AM
the shot was OB.

rule 803.07.A:
"A thrown disc that hits another player, spectator, or animal shall be played where it comes to rest. ... "

if the disc was unintentionally interfered with *after* it came to rest, it was OB. If it happened *before* the disc came to rest... it's a gray area but technically speaking it would be marked wherever it actually did come to rest.

Jeff_Peters
May 21 2008, 04:39 PM
His disc came to complete stop before it was struck I think

It is OB if a majority of the card was sure the disc had came to rest before being struck, if not, then you play it from where it lies.

gotcha
May 21 2008, 04:51 PM
Where can I find the Out of Bounce rule? :D

And is that a laundry violation? :D

cgkdisc
May 21 2008, 05:00 PM
You should know better. It was Out of Bounce meaning it was at rest. However, if it was In Bounce and higher than 2m in the OB area at the time the truck hit it, its new location Inbounds could be valid per 803.08C. The trucker was neither a player nor spectator.

gnduke
May 21 2008, 05:37 PM
And it was really the wind from the passing vehicle that moved the disc anyway. The tire tracks were from when the truck was holding it still. A disc at rest on the playing surface that is moved by the wind gets replaced per 803.07.B.

gotcha
May 21 2008, 09:00 PM
One of the craziest disc golf shots I've ever witnessed was back in '94 or '95 at Bartholomew Park in Austin, TX. I do not recall the hole number, but it was a slightly uphill hole which crossed a creek and a city street ran along the entire right side of the fairway. During the tournament, one of the players in my group (a righty) threw a really bad shot which landed on edge and rolled into the street. The disc was headed across the road with no chance of coming back in bounds when a passing car ran over it. Bouncing around beneath the car, the disc suddenly changed directions and started rolling downhill in the center of the street. At this point it was 50/50 as to which curb it would roll toward. It eventually began to turn toward the fairway side of the street when, low and behold, the darned thing had just enough energy to hop the curb and land in bounds by a few inches.

jdtitan
May 21 2008, 10:16 PM
#1 at Bart. Only hole that fits the criteria.

westxchef
May 22 2008, 07:49 PM
Old hole 17 at Bart was notorious for errant shots out into oncoming traffic. I once put a disc into an open rear passenger side window of an oncoming car and never saw that disc again.

prairie_dawg
May 23 2008, 10:01 AM
Old hole 17 at Bart was notorious for errant shots out into oncoming traffic. I once put a disc into an open rear passenger side window of an oncoming car and never saw that disc again.

Old #17 is the closest to the description Jerry gave, but the creek never really was a factor with all the trees prior to the creek. I've had a similar thing happen on the downhill #18 with the tennis courts to the left. Shank right into the street and as it was rolling down to the otherside of the street a car redirected to back onto the course and 15 feet from the long pin for my only duece to that position by the tree. :cool:

JDesrosier
May 28 2008, 03:51 PM
Where can I find the Out of Bounce rule? :D

And is that a laundry violation? :D

That is punny :D