ChrisShelton
May 13 2008, 11:51 AM
As of now there are no Ace's at Willie's course

Cousre Record: -3 through 9 holes set by Chris Shelton

The course is in great shape and lookes good. Hole 1 through 9 has only a little left to clear and there good.

We are trying to work on the back 9 and get it in good shape, but that takes time. Hole 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, and 18 look good. Hole 14 and 15 need alot of work. This course is definitely a fairway course. More changes are going to be made and there are going to be alot more OB's and alot more Mando's. Willie has done a great job and hopefully alot of you guys will come out in june. Willie is debating on having a mini before the bash, but right now it has not been decided. Great job Willie!!!

AlmaWillie
May 13 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks Chris!
But you know, it's not too hard to hold the record on a course that has only been played through 4 times, except by me that is (and we all know my play counts for nothing)!! There has to be something wrong when a guy can't shoot under par on his own course!! But I plan on going out and taking that record away from you soon!
Thank you for the work on the course last night too. The front nine is now all marked and easy to navigate. A couple more times like that and we'll be having the back nine ready too.

The course is definetely "Risk / Reward", if you keep it in the fairway you can play "par" golf easy, with a few birdies, but if you shoot for lots of birdies, trying to force them, you can be looking at a lot of 5's and 6's.

We're getting ready!

evandmckee
May 13 2008, 03:26 PM
sounds very cool!!

ChrisShelton
May 13 2008, 04:23 PM
I think I could have done better on that course record, but I can't make a putt within 40 feet. but it's still a nice course!!!!

AlmaWillie
May 13 2008, 04:57 PM
And those barrels are big targets too!!
Just a little shorter than the average basket, which has negated two ace runs that I have had on #3, that went about 4 inches over the barrel, but dead center! But that is what Object Golf is about, gotta hit the object!!

ChrisShelton
May 13 2008, 06:18 PM
Yea, the barrel's make some difference, but not that much. I mean besides if you cant hit a barrel then you probly should practice putting some more.

BrokenPutt
May 16 2008, 02:43 AM
Are you gonna have people bring baskets out for the Bash? With enough notice you could probably have enough baskets to cover the course. Just a thought. I plan on trying to be there if I can. Way to bring us something new Willie! Much Appreciated!! :cool:

AlmaWillie
May 16 2008, 09:41 AM
Good question Mayo. I really hadn't given it much thought, but I don't see why we couldn't do that. I have 1 basket on the course (Instep with doule Innova chains), and have 4 pop-up baskets (Keldog still got them). Especially if I only have the 9 holes ready, we should easily be able to get baskets out for that. So yeah, let's see what we can get together!
Thanks for the thought!
Anyone who is coming and has a basket we can use, let me know please.

ChrisShelton
May 18 2008, 08:27 PM
New Course Record!! -5 through 11 holes with the first ACE on willie's course set by Chris Shelton

The front 9 is shapping up to be awesome!!!
The Bash is coming up!!

AlmaWillie
May 18 2008, 09:33 PM
The best shot of the day though had to be the park job on the 516ft #16. That was a sweet shot little man!! Although the shot down #8, the powerline shot, that ended up 10 feet left and hole long (428') wasn't bad either. :cool:

You just need to get your straight game going, as the tight, short holes were keeping you shooting pars! :D

And you always seem to leave with a lighter bag!
But at least it was only one this time!! :o