alexfore
May 08 2008, 10:23 PM
How do I get there? I am registered, but don't know how to get there

emilyehardy
May 09 2008, 01:58 AM
In case you didn't get directions...

Do a search on google:
los angeles county la crescenta

You'll get a map. The course is set up at La Crescenta Valley Park, close to the 210.

discette
May 09 2008, 08:27 AM
The directions are posted on the tournament page at

socaldiscgolf.org (http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/08CVSafari.htm)

Directions:
From the West: Traveling East on 210, Take the Lowell Avenue Exit. Turn Right on Lowell Avenue. Turn Right on Honolulu Avenue. Turn Right into park on Dunsmore Avenue.

From the East: Traveling West on 210, Take Pennsylvania Avenue Exit - 17A. Turn Left on Pennsylvania Avenue. Turn Right on Honolulu Avenue. Turn Left into park on Dunsmore Avenue.

Look for the Innova Banners!!!

alexfore
May 09 2008, 10:45 AM
I thought I looked there, but I missed it. Thanks for the info!

rizbee
May 12 2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks to Tim and the SoCal crew for a fun event, even if it was without a Boy Scout attack this year. I really enjoy that layout, even though it kicked my butt again.

This afternoon I spent a few minutes watching the TPC ball golf championship - the one with the infamous island green on #17. Sure enough, the sudden-death playoff to win the tournament was decided on #17, when Goydos put his tee shot in the drink and Sergio put his inside the leather (although he couldn't make the birdie putt). I think La Crescenta #6 is another disc golf version of that hole (along with #17, I think, at USDGC). I heard of more double-digit scores on that hole yesterday than at any other PDGA event I've every played in. Definitely has to have the highest stroke-per-foot-of-distance ratio out there.

Oh, and the 9 I saw to end the tournament will probably cause me nightmares for weeks...