MCOP
May 08 2008, 11:03 AM
Why is there not a thread or a sticky here concerning the course design group with info and how to join etc????

Even if it is not PDGA sanctioned/approved whatever, I would think more talk/info about it should be available without emailing people questions all day.

cgkdisc
May 08 2008, 11:44 AM
Underground secret society...

We would have one if the PDGA provided a place for posting the info rather than posting here every so often. People just contact me with their email to get the info at the moment. We're slowly developing a website.

stack
May 08 2008, 04:25 PM
We're slowly developing a website.

whats the par/SSA going to be? ;)

Drew32
May 08 2008, 10:59 PM
Will you be calling the site yellowbelt.com? hehe just kidding ;)

I think the premis of a website is good as a learning tool but how do you get people to realize the importance that you <u>should</u> still have consultation by a <u>experienced</u> designer before setting apon building a course?
I know this seems to be a big gripe/issue with alot of designers out there that people are taking it on themselves to put together a course and not realising how important it is to actually know what you are doing.

cgkdisc
May 09 2008, 12:19 AM
The site will be information on the members, their experience and how to contact them, not how to do design. If anything, some members want to reduce the information on design already provided on the PDGA website.

bigchiz
May 10 2008, 12:29 PM
DGCD (http://web.mac.com/bigchiz/DGCD/) is a link to the website being developed.

jakewalsdorf
Jun 10 2008, 02:27 PM
How does one become established enough to "make" the list? And listed as Senior or Master?

cgkdisc
Jun 10 2008, 03:04 PM
There's no requirement to become a member beyond a one time membership fee of $49 with no annual renewal. Then, within the group there are certain requirements to move up to higher levels.

my_hero
Jun 10 2008, 05:10 PM
Sure did payoff for Brenner. :D

oklaoutlaw
Jun 11 2008, 03:18 PM
There's no requirement to become a member beyond a one time membership fee of $49 with no annual renewal. Then, within the group there are certain requirements to move up to higher levels.

Chuck,

So who gets the $49? Where is the application to join? Is there a board? I have many questions, so who do I ask?

idahojon
Jun 11 2008, 03:27 PM

Chuck,

So who gets the $49? Where is the application to join? Is there a board? I have many questions, so who do I ask?

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck

stack
Jun 11 2008, 04:05 PM
its like the Scouts...

you have to start out selling cookies and doing course maintenance for the course designers group...
then as you work your way up you'll have to pour a certain number of tee pads...
cut out a certain number of fairways and eventually design/fund/put in an entire 18 hole (par 70+... none of the pitch and putt stuff) disc golf course for your eagle scout project!

;)

cgkdisc
Jun 11 2008, 04:46 PM
No one has qualified for Eagle Designer yet except maybe our spiritual founder Steady Ed. :cool:
For info on joining, send me an email: ck34 at aol.com

ChrisWoj
Jun 12 2008, 02:21 AM
Interesting to see Greg Rife on the list. He plays the weekly doubles here in Temperance at Vienna a lot, wasn't aware he is a designer.

cgkdisc
Jun 12 2008, 09:38 AM
Greg has designed or co-designed several courses in the Twin Cities plus the temp courses used for the annual Old Barn event until he moved to Dexter. Greg and his Dad Lee were co-directors of the 2001 Pro Worlds in Minnesota where Greg worked closely with me on the courses. Greg also founded the Sundog league taken over by Timmy Gill which has been considered the largest league in the country.

ChrisWoj
Jun 12 2008, 12:20 PM
Wow. Honestly didn't know he'd done all that, and I've played a bunch of doubles rounds with him. Very cool.

gdstour
Jun 12 2008, 10:46 PM
chuck I joined a while back is it a lifetime membership?
I would like to join in on some discussions, where are they at?

cgkdisc
Jun 12 2008, 11:58 PM
It's lifetime. Tell me which email address you want to use for the Yahoo group and I'll get you plugged back in.

cad614
Nov 02 2008, 10:52 PM
Would anyone be willing to post some information about this group here? What are the benefits to joining? What sort of discussions take place on the DGCD message board? In short, why should someone pay to join this group?

I'd certainly hope that my $50 would grant me more than a title.

cgkdisc
Nov 02 2008, 11:56 PM
Here's our new wiki site for members as of last week. Members are just now starting to get their individual website links set up if they have them. So info on members is still pretty sparse for now.

http://www.discgolfcoursedesigners.org/discgolfwiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

cad614
Nov 03 2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the info; it certainly helps.

otimechamp
Nov 11 2008, 03:17 PM
Here's our new wiki site for members as of last week. Members are just now starting to get their individual website links set up if they have them. So info on members is still pretty sparse for now.

http://www.discgolfcoursedesigners.org/discgolfwiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

Does this thing ever get updated? I didn't see Dave Mac anywhere on the list? :)

cgkdisc
Nov 11 2008, 03:25 PM
He's listed in Missouri. He hasn't taken the time to set up his link to the Gateway website yet.

otimechamp
Nov 13 2008, 02:07 PM
He's listed in Missouri. He hasn't taken the time to set up his link to the Gateway website yet.

TY