gotcha
May 08 2008, 09:43 AM
Want to own a piece of disc golf history? The PFDS is selling the original Mach II baskets which have been at Schenley Park since 1988! Check out the cool web site created by club member, Scott Heintzleman:

Schenley Park's Original Disc Golf Baskets (http://web.mac.com/scotth2/Old_Schenley_Baskets/Welcome.html)

gotcha
May 08 2008, 09:47 AM
Scott...........my check is in the mail today! (for three baskets) :cool:

gotcha
May 08 2008, 11:13 AM
Wow!

Over half the baskets are claimed already..... :eek:

jmc2442
May 08 2008, 12:17 PM
I'm not surprised at all... @ $125 including a year PFDS membership its a pretty good deal Gooch (as we can clearly tell by your 3 baskets :D).

That and its supporting a group I personally love and want to see hold strong in our area. That adds value in my eyes.

can we say Win-Win? :)

btw Jerry, you still have those travelers, right?... with these three baskets you have at least a 9-holer. Wheres that par 36 private course going again?!? ;)

jmc2442
May 09 2008, 10:17 AM
only 4 left... #'s 1, 7, 12 and 13. These things sold like hotcakes!!!

glad I got good looking #4 nice and early!

sandalbagger
May 12 2008, 12:23 PM
****!!! just saw this. I was going to buy 9 of them for a new course in Clear Creek State Park. ARRRRHGGGHHHHH

sandalbagger
May 14 2008, 10:49 PM
Ill take #13 and any others that do not get paid for. Should have just paid for all of them at PA States :) Oh well. Hole 13, a little bent, but still one of my favorite holes on the course. It will have a nice home.

jmc2442
Jul 02 2008, 04:56 PM
any updates on when Schenley will get the new baskets installed and when us yinzers get to take some history home?

jmc2442
Jul 07 2008, 10:52 AM
any updates on when Schenley will get the new baskets installed and when us yinzers get to take some history home?

bump....

gotcha
Jul 07 2008, 12:25 PM

bump....

ching....

:D

jmc2442
Jul 07 2008, 12:31 PM
^^^^ thats the noise I want to hear in my backyard!!!!!!!!!

I heard we (the PFDS) were waiting for the city to open the public pools, then, they (the City), would have time to weld and assemble the baskets. The pools have been open....

someone, Scott, anyone.

if help is needed let me know and I'll see what I can do.

garydropcho
Jul 07 2008, 03:45 PM
I just got an email from Eric Vann, the manager of the Schenely Ice Rink, in reply to my inquiry. He said the welder is to transport and weld the baskets next week. I'll try to nail down the day and time so we can coordinate with those who have bought the old baskets.

jmc2442
Jul 07 2008, 05:08 PM
Good ol' J Gar... forever on top of things. thanks for the info!

jmc2442
Jul 11 2008, 10:24 AM
its been pretty nice this week... <font color="red">wonder if?!? </font>

jmc2442
Jul 15 2008, 09:18 AM
ITS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE THROUGH FRIDAY!!!!

lets get these baskets, weld 'em our dang 'selves and get em in the ground! I know someone with a truck. I know someone with a welder. whats the hold up?

I also have all the storage space needed in my basement for those that cannot make it out to get their basket the day they are replaced with the nice new ones.

jmc2442
Jul 16 2008, 03:43 PM
YAY!!!!!!... IM GETTING MY BASKET TODAY.... YAY!!!!!

sandalbagger
Jul 16 2008, 04:07 PM
Josh will you pick up Hole 13 for me today, and hole 7 if it is ready??? Thanks man.

jmc2442
Jul 16 2008, 04:10 PM
I can definitely take hole 7.... I dont know if 13 is ready. I BELIEVE J Gar said something about only 1-10 being ready, I could be wrong though. Either way, DS is taking me down in his pickup so we have plenty of room. I'll scoop what I can and store 'em in my basement til you can get 'em.

gotcha
Jul 17 2008, 11:07 AM
You should've seen the smile on Stella's face last night at Schenley with #4 hoisted above his shoulder! :D

How'd that basket installation go last night, mr. marshall?

jmc2442
Jul 17 2008, 11:27 AM
whats not to smile about? I GOT A PIECE OF DISC GOLF HISTORY!

Unfortunately, I had a nasty hornets nest under the decking directly above my patio. I like to <font color="green">ReLAx </font> out there so I had to attend to it when I got home last night. The official install occurs this evening @ approximately 6:45pm. :)

btw, I'm using your method Jerry.

garydropcho
Jul 20 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks to Citiparks for the purchase of 20 shiny Mach 3 baskets for the Schenley Park Disc Golf course, and for donating the original baskets to PFDS.

Also thanks to Pittsburgh Public Works department for replacing 2 of the tee pads and repairing 4 of the others AND installing a split rail fence enclosing the greens of hole 8 and 14 and #15's White tee.

Thanks also the the individuals who purchased the original baskets. The money raised paid for the welding of the baskets, cement and new anchors that needed to be replaced, and some new locks.

Also appreciated were the volunteer efforts to install most of the new "C" positions, and replacing some of the original anchors that were damaged. Only a few anchors remain to be installed, and we hope to do that on Wednesday before League at Schenley.

Come out and lend a hand doing some pruning and cleanup on Wednesday.

The last part of the renovation involves replacing the tee signs on the Red and White tees. We are waiting for a bid on the job from a signmaker, and the plan is to have the new signs in place in time for a 20th Anniversary tournament at Schenley on October 12.

Talk to Scott Heintzleman or Gary Dropcho to volunteer some time, and again, thanks to all who contributed.