May 05 2008, 08:45 PM
Had to brag about this event in Vermont. I went to the Sugarbush Open 2007 and it was incredible. This year there will be 3 courses in play. I played in some nice tournaments in the last 5 years but this one is ranked near the top if not the best! Put into play the wicked challenge of the courses along with unbelievable scenery followed by a choice players party and ski resort lodging, oh and tasty local organic cuisine, its really fun. If you are looking for a cool tourney out-of-town this year (i am not getting paid to say this),yet,, i would seriously consider the Green Mountain Open.
Would be cool to see some So Cal disc golfers invade Vermont. VTers are also really friendly. :D

Floyd

rizbee
May 06 2008, 01:44 PM
Which courses do they play? It's looking like the Tour de Rizbee will hit New England this summer, and we want to know which courses to play and which to stay away from.

westcoastsooner
May 06 2008, 08:25 PM
I would Love to Go,Just need someone to watch my son for the weekend and ,A little airfare..Had a Great time last year at an Event on the right coast....Spin iTT

May 07 2008, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE]
Which courses do they play? It's looking like the Tour de Rizbee will hit New England this summer, and we want to know which courses to play and which to stay away from. [/qu
ote] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<font color="brown"> </font>
They will play Sugarbush Resort (peak course and base course) both have lots of elevation challenges. Also, i hear they are playing a course called N. Calais, dont know much about it but i hear it is awesome.
I havent played other New England courses yet. I played Warwick in New York which is supernice with 4 tee-pin combinations, worth a visit for sure.

Airfare: $550.00 roundtrip (JetBlue) -LAX to Boston, then 2.5 hr. drive to Warren,VT. :cool:

May 08 2008, 10:41 PM
Which courses do they play? It's looking like the Tour de Rizbee will hit New England this summer, and we want to know which courses to play and which to stay away from.

<font color="brown"> </font>
Hey Rizbees, Here is some info i received from the Co-TD (Dan Doyle) of the Green Mountain Open to help with course descriptions.

north calais is located 20 minutes outside of montpelier, VT, the capitol of vermont. the course is on private property owned by disc golfer Paul Olander. Paul has created the most amazing back-woods piece of disc golf heaven one could imagine. although the course is carved out of dense vermont woods, the wooded fairways are fair and generous. in many places the woods open up into gorgeous meadows with mature trees properly spaced to offer just the right amount of obstacles. one is about an 800-900-foot Par 5. the course features deep ravines, ponds, stone walls, and pretty much appears on just about everyone's top 5 courses they've ever played. it's so cool to drive down dusty dirt roads in the middle of nowhere, only to stumble upon disc golf heaven in the middle of gorgeous vermont woods. there is a huge pond next to his property for swimming, and Paul allows tourney attendees to camp on his property during the week of the event. one of the traditions of Paul's events is an amazing home-prepared lunch for all participants. prizes include cans of maple syrup that Paul makes from the trees on his property. i've been involved in this sport for 34 years and an event at north calais is honestly one of the best experiences i have ever had. you really feel like you've experienced something very special.

then of course after you've played at north calais you get to experience the courses at the Sugarbush Resort, one of the East Coast's top ski resorts. Both courses are adjacent to their brand new ski village. The Peak Course requires a chairlift ride up the mountain to the first tee, followed by spectacular views and amazing empty-your-bag-of-discs shots as you play your way back down the mountain to the village. This course will challenge your shot selection and course management skills like no other course you've ever played. The Base Course is a rolling course at the base of the ski mountain with incredible variety utilizing ski trails and wooded areas in between trails.

The Players Packs, Players party, and amenities for the Green Mountain Open are second to none.

Anyways, hope this helps out.
Floyd

rizbee
May 12 2008, 01:18 AM
Scweet!!! Thanks for the info! I'll check out those locations on the map and hopefully we'll be able to fit them in to our itinerary.

Jun 16 2008, 07:42 PM
Hey heres more info...........

THE 2008 GREEN MTN OPEN
PDGA A-TIER (Pros) B-TIER (Ams)
NEFA Points
Fri-Sun Aug 1st-3rd 2008
North Calais Disc Golf AND Sugarbush Disc Golf Courses
Chris Mayone, TD * Dan Doyle, ATD * Paul Olander, ATD * Dan Desch, ATD
$500.00 Cash Bounty for sub-50 score

Description: An unforgettable weekend in VT premiering the top 3 courses in Central VT. Pros will play 3 days
(Fri/Sat/Sun); AMs will play Sat/Sun. Both will experience the beauty of N. Calais and the challenge of Sugarbush
Peak and/or Base courses.
Catered lunch in N. Calais included in cost of registration. Saturday night players party
at Sugarbush Resort. Hefty players packs for all registrants. CTPs, Ace Pot, and modified longest drive
competition. Lift Access will be available for the peak course on Friday, Aug 1. 12-6pm.

PRIZES: Cash payouts to all Pro divs, Serious booty for all other divs. Top 3 scores at N. Calais in each division
get Sinzibukwud�s Finest VT Maple Syrup. (Tiebreaker if need be on #1 &amp;#5) There is a no-frills $500.00 cash
bounty awaiting any sub-50 score from the Gold Tees at N. Calais. (Multiple winners (yuh!) will divide the prize)

Formats: Pros: Females will play 2 rnds in N. Calais on Friday (9am). 1 Rnd Sugarbush Base on Saturday. 1
Rnd Sugarbush Peak on Sunday morning. All other Pro Divs will play 2 rnds in N. Calais on Friday (9am start). 1
rd on Sugarbush Peak on Saturday. 1 Rd on Sugarbush Base on Sunday morning. There will be a final 9 for the top
12 MPO on Sunday afternoon on the Peak Course.

AMs: Ams will play 2 rnds in N. Calais on Saturday. MA1, MM1, MG1, MA2, FW1 will play 1
round on Peak course Sunday morning. MA3, FW2, &amp;Jrs will play 1 rnd on the Sugarbush Base course on Sunday
morning. There will be a final 9 for the top 12 MA1 and top 8 MM1 on the Sugarbush Base course on Sunday
afternoon.

Sound complex? You betcha !!
Schedule of Events: All rounds at N.Calais will begin promptly at 9am! Sugarbush rounds are a combination of
shotgun and trickle starts so we�ll announce them at the players meetings on Friday morning (Pros) and Saturday
morning (Ams).

Longest Drive/Closest to-the Prize Competition: Ezy Rider at Sugarbush on Saturday 7pm
Players Party &amp; Dinner: 8pm Saturday Night @ Castlerock Pub (Gatehouse Lodge)
More information may be added in this space at a later date............. stay tuned
To REGISTER: sign up online at http://www.fromthetreetops.com

;)

westcoastsooner
Jul 03 2008, 09:09 PM
Hey heres more info...........

THE 2008 GREEN MTN OPEN
PDGA A-TIER (Pros) B-TIER (Ams)
NEFA Points
Fri-Sun Aug 1st-3rd 2008
North Calais Disc Golf AND Sugarbush Disc Golf Courses
Chris Mayone, TD * Dan Doyle, ATD * Paul Olander, ATD * Dan Desch, ATD
$500.00 Cash Bounty for sub-50 score

Description: An unforgettable weekend in VT premiering the top 3 courses in Central VT. Pros will play 3 days
(Fri/Sat/Sun); AMs will play Sat/Sun. Both will experience the beauty of N. Calais and the challenge of Sugarbush
Peak and/or Base courses.
Catered lunch in N. Calais included in cost of registration. Saturday night players party
at Sugarbush Resort. Hefty players packs for all registrants. CTPs, Ace Pot, and modified longest drive
competition. Lift Access will be available for the peak course on Friday, Aug 1. 12-6pm.

PRIZES: Cash payouts to all Pro divs, Serious booty for all other divs. Top 3 scores at N. Calais in each division
get Sinzibukwud�s Finest VT Maple Syrup. (Tiebreaker if need be on #1 &amp;#5) There is a no-frills $500.00 cash
bounty awaiting any sub-50 score from the Gold Tees at N. Calais. (Multiple winners (yuh!) will divide the prize)

Formats: Pros: Females will play 2 rnds in N. Calais on Friday (9am). 1 Rnd Sugarbush Base on Saturday. 1
Rnd Sugarbush Peak on Sunday morning. All other Pro Divs will play 2 rnds in N. Calais on Friday (9am start). 1
rd on Sugarbush Peak on Saturday. 1 Rd on Sugarbush Base on Sunday morning. There will be a final 9 for the top
12 MPO on Sunday afternoon on the Peak Course.

AMs: Ams will play 2 rnds in N. Calais on Saturday. MA1, MM1, MG1, MA2, FW1 will play 1
round on Peak course Sunday morning. MA3, FW2, &amp;Jrs will play 1 rnd on the Sugarbush Base course on Sunday
morning. There will be a final 9 for the top 12 MA1 and top 8 MM1 on the Sugarbush Base course on Sunday
afternoon.

Sound complex? You betcha !!
Schedule of Events: All rounds at N.Calais will begin promptly at 9am! Sugarbush rounds are a combination of
shotgun and trickle starts so we�ll announce them at the players meetings on Friday morning (Pros) and Saturday
morning (Ams).

Longest Drive/Closest to-the Prize Competition: Ezy Rider at Sugarbush on Saturday 7pm
Players Party &amp; Dinner: 8pm Saturday Night @ Castlerock Pub (Gatehouse Lodge)
More information may be added in this space at a later date............. stay tuned
To REGISTER: sign up online at http://www.fromthetreetops.com

;)

Sounds like a Freaking Blast I must see how many miles I have...Spin iTT

rizbee
Jul 04 2008, 07:26 PM
The Rizbees will be there next week, looking to play either North Calais or Sugarbush. Unfortunately, we'll be there on a Tuesday and they only run the chairlift at Sugarbush Th. - Sun., so the upper Sugarbush course is a no-go.

We'll give you a full report on whichever course we play!

Jul 07 2008, 10:04 PM
Hey Rizbees,

Thats cool you made another TourdeRizbee happen. Too bad the lifts at Sugarbush arent running your day there, but i think you can walk it still. It is only a couple thousand feet up to the peak course, and its awesome. The Base course is also pretty fun as well with good variety.
As far as North Calais goes i wouldnt know yet. I know its a private course owned by Paul Olander. So making contact with him is necessary but i dont have his number.
Either way have fun and if you can get a chance to try the American Flatbread restaraunt nearby you are in for a treat.
Bud :cool:

rizbee
Jul 16 2008, 04:30 PM
We were able to play most of the Base Course (we had to cut it short because of lightning). We could see the Peak Course baskets - that course must be SICK!!! The base course is very fun and makes great use of the woods surrounding the ski slopes. What a beautiful resort! I hope to stay there in the future. Phil in the "clubhouse" was fun to talk with - talk about enthusiastic for the addition of disc golf.

Anybody who can travel with Floyd should!!!!!!

Oh, and the Been &amp; Jerry's factory is just a few miles down the road. Free Mint Chocolate Chunk!!

Jul 16 2008, 11:07 PM
Welcome home Rizbees!

Glad you got a taste of Sugarbush Resort, its quite a fun place and very green. Oh yes, the Peak course is like superfun and a sweet view as well. I wish you made it to
N. Calais course but oh well, i will be the first :D
I will have a day or two to explore a new course while i am there in a couple weeks so i hope to find a good one.
Maybe in Maine or New Hampshire there is a nice course, eh?
I feel like i have been waiting all year for this one to come around, well, i have. Vermont will be fun again. Sorry to miss Wrightwood :p

rizbee
Jul 17 2008, 03:43 PM
If you have enough time to go to Maine you MUST play Sabattus. There are three courses (Hawk, Eagle, Owl). The Hawk is Championship-caliber, Eagle a little harder than average and Owl is a shortie through the woods designed for Newbies (I shot a 20 or 21 on the Owl - hit the basket on #7 for a near ace). Beautiful grounds, nice pro shop, great tees and tee signs, cute staff the day we were there, and the coolest polehole basket fountain visible at roadside. Gotta go there!!!

Jul 30 2008, 01:26 AM
Yes, time is near for mountains of green.
Not Wrightwood but Vermont. Nice players pack 'Monarchs' supplied by Innova discs, sweet discs by the way. Like a high speed Buzzz, ooops, i meant......whatever.
Yeah, i MUST check out Sabuttus for sure, Huh! wait till the wife thinks were going canoeing then, bam, more disc golf in Maine. Thanks Rizbees for the heads up. Im sure some fresh Lobsters will cure the scene. Dang i wish Vermont were closer to Cali. :cool:

csrenda79
Jul 30 2008, 03:47 PM
Bud,

Good luck in Vermont. Sounds like a cool event, I hope you do well and you and your wife have a lot of fun. Enjoy the journey!

Jul 30 2008, 08:42 PM
Right on Carl, hope your journey goes well too this weekend.
Remember..........lighter discs fly uphill easier. :D
We'll try and make the best of the opportunity at hand!
bud

Aug 03 2008, 03:57 PM
got my 1st tournament ACE this weekend.
Floyd

westcoastsooner
Aug 04 2008, 01:11 AM
1st tournament ace on your Birthday AWESOME!!

And you got cash That Right Coast is treating you well..

Spin iTT

Aug 07 2008, 12:19 AM
Well, Green Mountain Open was incredible!
Words dont describe the beauty that was experienced along with amazing everything basically.
Luckily i had the heart to finish the tourney after breaking my middle finger on throwing hand, which occurred after the 3rd hole in final round. I slipped on a hill and fell on hand and snapped it good, (or bad). Otherwise the wife and i were thoroughly impressed with Vermont and the people.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/haeybud/stuff/8-1-084.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/haeybud/stuff/8-3-0821.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/haeybud/stuff/8-1-088.jpg
Couple photos of Green goodness for your pleasure. :cool:
Floyd

ANHYZER
Aug 07 2008, 01:25 AM
Congrats on your ace!