seewhere
May 01 2008, 11:44 AM
ok I figured with all that is going on this week for me. I thought we should have a thread just for prayers to be answered.

seewhere
May 01 2008, 11:48 AM
thank you everyone that prayed and asked about my mother in law. she is back home and the results show no damage to her heart so that is great news. now I need more prayers for one of my sisters who we are waiting on results from her biopsy and also my father who is in scott and white right now trying to figure out why his blood cell count is so low. Please say a prayer for both of my family members during these trying times. thank you

Lala
May 02 2008, 09:28 AM
Chris our love & thoughts are always with you and all the other "Family" members that are in need. The times we have been thru as a "Family" in the past year has brought us all closer & we've found that even in our wekest moments, we can come together for our friends. Please call or stop by whenever you are in need - even if it's just to vent about the challenges you & your family are facing. The Double R Loves You & will be here for you during this time of need & many to come in the future.

may
May 02 2008, 10:20 AM
Well put Laura,, ditto for me brother.......how's Dad doing and has your sister heard anything yet?? If you want to cut loose and sit in a hot tub, give me a shout. Anything we can do to help you stay positive we are here to do......

seewhere
May 02 2008, 11:17 AM
thank you guys it is very reassuring to know we have the DOUBLE R's prayers, thoughts and support.

ok updates: sister has cancer but we need to do an MRI to ensure it is not spreading then she will go in for surgery. Dad's first prognosis is lupus but he still needs to have a bone marrow test to see why his body is not producing blood cells. Mother in law is home and doing good. Hoping dad will be coming hoime today as well. Lets just say I have scott and white's phone number programmed into my phone now. I will be there sunday morning but out of town for the rest of the weekend. Please keep the prayers and positive vibs coming my families way...

frisbeeguy
May 02 2008, 02:06 PM
You & family have prayers coming from H town as well...we have ben incredibly blessed to be able to get together so much to just play & have fun. Love & prayers to those we love who are unable to do so with us.

seewhere
May 05 2008, 10:37 AM
thanks everyone for the prayers. mother in law is getting better every day. Father has a few more tests to have run and sister is scheduled for MRI on tuesday..

Lala
May 05 2008, 03:30 PM
We'll keep them in our thoughts & hearts. Remeber this family is always here for you - whatever your needs may be. :)

seewhere
May 06 2008, 12:49 PM
please say a prayer for my sister today as she goes to see the surgeon to find out how much of this cancer has spread. thanks

may
May 07 2008, 10:04 AM
So So sorry to hear about your sister...hopefully the good lord will put his hand on her shoulder as well as the rest of your family and walk yall thru this difficult time....we are praying for her and your family.......be strong brother!!

seewhere
May 07 2008, 10:15 AM
thank you sir. ok good news is that my sister only has the cancer on one side but she will need a full masectomy. the dr also said if she wants she can have both sides done and lower her chance of getting re-occuring cancer again to 1%. so she has some thinking to do. thank you all for your prayers and thoughts through these tough times.

mware
May 07 2008, 10:33 AM
Ditto - Many Thanks BigArm... It is the prayers and love from our extended RR Disc Golf Family (many many Thanks) and the hands of our fallen brothers (Solo & Ricky) and the big man himself that will see us through... Together all things are possible...

Thanks and God Bless you all...

may
May 07 2008, 10:37 AM
I know she is not out of the woods yet, but thats some great news, and boy did yall need that.......thank God, he was listening to our prayers!!!!! If your sister is worried about what to do after surgery as far as apperance, just have her call Laurie as she worked in that area for ladies for 19-years and could be a comfort for her if needed....again, some great news for the Ware family!!

johne
May 07 2008, 12:13 PM
Good news, Chris, that they found it early with an excellent recovery prognosis. This is a great example of why we should all put a priority on making sure we get regular checkups and be screened for stuff we might not even think we have. Its really easy to think "that can't happen to me".

Again, great news. Hope to hear good news regarding the tests done on your Dad.

seewhere
May 07 2008, 02:51 PM
thanks John, wish Ricky would have been getting regular check ups. :(

may
May 07 2008, 03:00 PM
Thats a big 10-4 John.....I go every 8-months just for check ups.......and knock on wood....all is good right now other than my ticker.......which will need more tests since prior test were negetive but the pain is still there.....so yes,, please go every year or more to make sure....as they say...everything we eat drink and breath can be harmful to us all....

mware
May 07 2008, 04:11 PM
We know why you go so often - Bend over cause your big burly doctor w/ the really big hands has a test for ya :o:o

Oh yeah - and your old :D

may
May 07 2008, 04:18 PM
OK well the secrect is out, you busted me.....but!! My doctor is a women, so go figure that one!! But she does have man hands!!! :eek: :eek:

johne
May 07 2008, 04:36 PM
What's her name........Lola? L-o-l-a Lola?

:D

seewhere
Jul 13 2008, 09:55 PM
just got word Epi is having kidney problems again and is in the hospital please say a prayer for him and I will post more info once I get it.

MVP
Jul 13 2008, 10:12 PM
What problems did he have before? How serious?

vinnie
Jul 14 2008, 09:02 AM
same hospital?

seewhere
Jul 14 2008, 10:37 AM
all I remember was he had some stomach issues not sure exactly. but this time his wife a said he had acute kidney failure not good and is only allowed liquids until the figure out what is going on. he is in Seton NW # 324

seewhere
Oct 07 2009, 10:15 AM
:( all I am very said to say but Edman's father passed away last night. so please keep ed and laura and the rest of the coffey family in your thoughts and prayers. remember guys life is short so spend some quality time with family and friends when you get the chance. its tough times like these when our Double R family needs to come together and support one another.. Hang in the ed and laura and have a safe trip back home. please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. :(

edman
Oct 08 2009, 01:30 AM
Coffey family is hanging tough and thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Services are Friday. Need some golf with my Double R family on Sunday.

MVP
Oct 08 2009, 02:23 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

may
Oct 08 2009, 05:17 PM
So sorry to hear the news Ed & Laura, hope that the good lord gives you comfort during this time............Yall will be in our thoughts and prayers...

edman
Oct 11 2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys, made it back last night with lala and my sis. See you Wednesday.

captklank
Oct 22 2009, 11:43 AM
Chris And Ed ,Thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family.

seewhere
Oct 22 2009, 12:49 PM
thanks billy where you been hiding?

captklank
Oct 22 2009, 01:03 PM
Not hiding just wasnt playing much.In Kansas City now .

may
Feb 01 2010, 02:41 PM
For those of you who little Jeff (Ronnie & Joe's) friend...keep him in your thoughts and prayers......His mother passed away in her sleep friday....His father died when he was very young and he has no brothers & sisters other than the family he now has with the Double R Disc Golf Club.......I'll try and find out when the service is going to be and let yall know...........

edman
Mar 20 2010, 08:50 PM
Jamie is on his way to see his dad in Lake Charles who is in the hospital. Safe travels and heel well pop's.

jamie
Mar 26 2010, 09:22 AM
Thx Edman. dad is out and seems to be doing a lot better.

ButlerSteveO
Mar 26 2010, 02:42 PM
Great news Jamie!

may
May 04 2010, 05:24 PM
Not sure how many if any know, but Mike Ware's wife Amy just went to the hospital for a c-section.......please keep them both plus the Twins in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure when the time is right, Mike or C-Dub will let us know how things went.......

vinnie
May 04 2010, 05:29 PM
I hope all is well

seewhere
May 05 2010, 09:48 AM
everyone is doing GREAT.. both babies are fine one was 5lbs 1 oz and the other was 5 lbs 13oz. thankyou all for your prayers. ware clan has just gotten bigger. I will post some pics shortly.

seewhere
May 05 2010, 09:57 AM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2331/twinsboys1.jpg

ButlerSteveO
May 05 2010, 10:08 AM
Awesome!!! Congrats to Mike, Amy and the entire Ware clan!
Herzlichen*Gl�ckwunsch*zum*neuen*Familie*Erg�nzung en!!

vinnie
May 05 2010, 10:20 AM
great to hear!
Names?

seewhere
May 05 2010, 10:41 AM
not sure yet but they are thinking Jace and Jet but for now we been calling them A and B :)

jamie
May 05 2010, 12:18 PM
A and B?? Is that for Ace and Birdie :)

seewhere
May 05 2010, 01:01 PM
i think ace is on the left and birdie is on the right. :)
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7185/dscn1021.jpg

jamie
May 05 2010, 01:19 PM
Congrats Ware clan

seewhere
May 05 2010, 01:36 PM
thank you mr callis. 2 more kids to buy christmas for DOH :)

johne
May 05 2010, 01:48 PM
2 more future disc golfers!

Congrats Mike

seewhere
May 07 2010, 03:01 PM
everything checked out good at the hospital so the babies are on their way home..

ButlerSteveO
May 07 2010, 03:15 PM
Nice. The comfort of home!!

edman
May 07 2010, 04:48 PM
Glad all is well and the babies are healthy. Now would you kids get some cable out there in the country.

may
May 24 2010, 02:27 PM
Hey LT............was praying over the weekend for your Mom......How are things going with her????

MVP
May 24 2010, 02:40 PM
Hey thanks for asking, no skull fracture just a lot of bruising. Entire side of her face is blue. Her eye started swelling about 6 hrs after the fall and that is what the call was about while we were at Wilco. She'll be okay just is gonna take a couple of weeks to get rid of the bruising.

may
May 24 2010, 03:21 PM
Thank god...........thats great news LT.....

seewhere
May 24 2010, 03:38 PM
yes LT that is good news.

seewhere
May 26 2010, 02:55 PM
All rodney's wife's mother is not doing well, so please send some good vibes and prayers her way. she will be traveling to Midway to be with her mom.. Kathie Be safe traveling.

Lala
Aug 06 2011, 08:07 PM
Just got news from Laura Hovey that Double R Club member 85 Ian Hovey is gone. Laura's asked that I pass this news on to our disc golf family & that we say a prayer, light a candle, & wish him safe passage. Keep all of the Hovey family in your thoughts & prayers as they struggle through the most difficult time in their lives.

Lala
Aug 15 2011, 04:59 PM
Services for Ian Hovey today. Viewing 3-6. Services @ 6:00, then golf til you don't wanna @ Northtown, the drinks til you can't @ Hanovers. See you there.

BeTheMachine
Aug 16 2011, 12:31 AM
Just got news from Laura Hovey that Double R Club member 85 Ian Hovey is gone. Laura's asked that I pass this news on to our disc golf family & that we say a prayer, light a candle, & wish him safe passage. Keep all of the Hovey family in your thoughts & prayers as they struggle through the most difficult time in their lives.

Got the email about this happening last week, so sad to hear. Just wanted to let the Hovey's know they have been in our thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace, Ian.

BeTheMachine
Apr 12 2012, 01:58 PM
To whom it may concern....

I just wanted to inform everyone that one of our Double R family is dealing with a tragedy at the moment. On Tuesday morning there was a fire at Javi's house in Greeley, CO and he and his girlfriend, Maria, lost everything, including their two dogs. As you can imagine things are still pretty emotional right now and all the details have not been gathered about the incident. All I really know is that they will be displaced in a hotel / guesthouse for the next 3 months. I can only imagine what they are going through right now having to start over from nothing. Please keep them in your prayers and if you have the time say some encouraging words on their Facebook: Javier Cortez, or Higher Running, and Maria Liu.

RIP Dublin and Owen, you will be missed.

Love,

Uncle Brandon

seewhere
Apr 12 2012, 02:05 PM
ah man that suxs..my prayers go out to javi and Maria.. we should try and raise some funds for them..

ButlerSteveO
Apr 12 2012, 02:20 PM

ButlerSteveO
Apr 12 2012, 02:32 PM
To whom it may concern....

I just wanted to inform everyone that one of our Double R family is dealing with a tragedy at the moment. On Tuesday morning there was a fire at Javi's house in Greeley, CO and he and his girlfriend, Maria, lost everything, including their two dogs. As you can imagine things are still pretty emotional right now and all the details have not been gathered about the incident. All I really know is that they will be displaced in a hotel / guesthouse for the next 3 months. I can only imagine what they are going through right now having to start over from nothing. Please keep them in your prayers and if you have the time say some encouraging words on their Facebook: Javier Cortez, or Higher Running, and Maria Liu.

RIP Dublin and Owen, you will be missed.

Love,

Uncle Brandon

ah man that suxs..my prayers go out to javi and Maria.. we should try and raise some funds for them..

Very sorry to hear about Javi's loss, and the tough road ahead. Thanks for sharing with us Brandon. Good idea Seewhere. Let's arrange a cabinet chat to discuss options. Brandon, I sent you a PM

BeTheMachine
Apr 12 2012, 02:53 PM

Definitely! Jody and I have felt so helpless being 1000 miles away and not being able to do anything for them.

Lala
Apr 12 2012, 03:16 PM
Just sent him a fb message - freakin' sux! All our thoughts & prayers are with them - anything we can do, just let us know. We've always pulled together during times of tragedy & whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. By the end of the road, we'll all be Super Man.