inHg
Apr 06 2008, 11:35 PM
Greenbriar community center opened a 9 hole course friday. Director Shane Mize consulted IOM disc golf and North park designer Brandon Melton. The center is awesome with a driving range and soon a putting area. Vending machines and water fountains during business hours.
pdga course listing: http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2979

Course map and info:
http://www.inchesofmercury.com/iom_discgolf/index.html

Big E
Apr 07 2008, 12:49 PM
Great job Brandon cant wait to check this out!

inHg
Apr 08 2008, 01:55 AM
My pleasure. It shouldn't be long and it will be 18. Our sport is growing and getting crowded, so lets put in more courses. Anyone living in small suburbs like Nrh, Hurst, Keller etc. interested in being a part of helping a course go in can contact me and I we can get it done. Spread the word! 682-478-9231

Big E
Apr 08 2008, 11:28 AM
Played the course last night with my daughter and wife and the only thing I saw needing attention was a set of steps going down to 5's basket and maybe a little more trimming on hole 4 and 5 baskets areas.... oh and some ivy killer I am a little phobic about ivy (just got over it) I really liked all other aspects of the course with wind and a fair amount of trees coming into play! Oh hole 9 had about 8 guys fishing 5 ft from the basket and that seamed to be the only place on the pond they fished :confused: I just laid up instead of hitting them :Dthen one of them picked up my up shot and tossed it back to me /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pogis
Apr 09 2008, 02:00 AM
I must say I am very impressed. Great use of the land given! There is also some cool land to use for the next nine. My only problem was with hole 4. Its a VERY good pin placement. But you need a line to throw. Other wise its just a tree lotto. But other then that a really nice course.

Big E
Apr 09 2008, 12:01 PM
That�s what I was referring to as tree trimming :DI think five could use a bit of a sealing adjustment I threw from the tee down by 4's bucket I think there is a pad up top but I missed it at the time?

Pogis
Apr 09 2008, 12:33 PM
5 is the only hole without dual tees. I think a tee up top would be sweet! And your right just a BIT if trimming on 5 to clean it up. I kinda like the low ceiling.

Big E
Apr 09 2008, 12:38 PM
Ya me to just being picky :D

dryhistory
Apr 09 2008, 01:00 PM
what ever you do, do not throw over the fence, on the other side is a federal storage facility (notice thousands of fema trailers), they will not let you in, i had to wait for a nice security guard to go on patrol, he threw my disc over for me.

also, go during the day, afternoon is peewee teeball central, holes 1, 8, and 9 were unplayable. and watch those kids they will pick your disc up and walk away, ignoring you as you run and yell after them to give you back your brand new xcaliber :D

Big E
Apr 09 2008, 01:09 PM
I played Monday after 6 and there where very few people on the course except the fishers on 9!

Pogis
Apr 12 2008, 02:43 AM
I just took a look at the back part of the park that isnt being used, I guess. If done right it could be a very cool back nine. Some neat elevation and trees. And you right. Play during the early afternoon hours.

Pogis
Apr 12 2008, 02:45 AM
what ever you do, do not throw over the fence

How in the world did you throw over the fence?!

dryhistory
Apr 14 2008, 03:13 PM
what ever you do, do not throw over the fence

How in the world did you throw over the fence?!

i was testing my new beast(throwing annie), not as understable as the rest of me beasts, and i didnt think the basket was so close to the fence, oops :p