my_hero
Apr 02 2008, 06:07 PM
A place to post national news headlines:

I'll start. :D

BELLEVUE, Ohio -- Felony indecency charges against a Bellevue man accused of lewd behavior on a deck behind his house have been dismissed, the Toledo Blade reported.

Police said a neighbor in Bellevue videotaped Art Price <font color="red"> having sex </font> -- termed as "relations" -- <font color="red"> with his picnic table </font> on four separate occasions, WEWS-TV in Cleveland reported.

Price was charged with four counts of public indecency.

cgkdisc
Apr 02 2008, 06:51 PM
KNOT the HOLE story he oPINEd...

A little chafed that the neighbor needed FOUR sessions before thinking the poor sap had gone overboard, er, walked the plank. Maybe the vids were too grainy. Looks like he'll soon be benched unless the trial is tabled for a while.

DEVO
Apr 02 2008, 07:00 PM
Very punny! :)
Would he take care of his woody with wood? :o

cgkdisc
Apr 02 2008, 07:01 PM
Certainly a sticky situation...

ANHYZER
Apr 02 2008, 07:06 PM
The charges were dismissed because he had a third leg to stand on...

cgkdisc
Apr 02 2008, 07:11 PM
Headline for Jay Leno:
Poor Sap Tries The Knot
Board Stuck on Action

DEVO
Apr 02 2008, 07:50 PM
I still wonder why the neighbor filmed him in action four times.......

cgkdisc
Apr 02 2008, 08:01 PM
He thought the police needed proof of four play?

zzgolfer
Apr 02 2008, 09:04 PM
At any Price .... that's some nasty Art!

DEVO
Apr 03 2008, 12:28 AM
Headline for Jay Leno:
Poor Sap Tries The Knot
Board Stuck on Action

National Enquirer Headline:
NAUGHTY NEIGHBOR NAILED NAILING KNOTTY PINE; PINOCCHIO PEEVED!
(Sorry, I'm a product of San Diego City Schools; I'm alliterate!)

cgkdisc
Apr 03 2008, 12:36 AM
I'm just a literati Minnesotan...

my_hero
May 05 2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.nbc5i.com/travelgetaways/16138880/detail.html

Oklahoma City Makes Top 10 'Hells On Earth'

Mayor Says Ranking Slam Over NBA Team Relocation Effort

POSTED: 3:48 pm CDT May 2, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY -- What does Oklahoma City have in common with the likes of Chernobyl and Baghdad? They're all "Hells on Earth," according to AskMen.com.

Oklahoma City was the only American city to make the Web site's list, at No. 5, more hellish than cities like No. 10 Baghdad, Iraq; and No. 6 Chernobyl, Ukraine; but less hellish than No. 4 Pyongyang, North Korea; and No. 1 Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

While Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett said the city's ranking on the list could be somebody's slam over the relocation situation regarding the Seattle Supersonics, the creator of the list said that couldn't be further from the truth, reported KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City.

Nick Clarke said from Marbella, Spain, that his travel feature was merely about Oklahoma City's wide variety of severe weather.

"I visited (Oklahoma City) a few years ago. It's nice. Not one of my favorite places, but I enjoyed my time," he said.

Of Oklahoma City, Clarke wrote:
"While it may be all hunky-dory on the musical front, Oklahoma City isn't the kind of place you'd want to hang out in for too long if you like to keep your feet on terra firma. The weather is frighteningly unpredictable, with blizzards often descending on the city and winds that could knock a high rise clean off its feet. It is, after all, located in the direct path of 'Tornado Alley.'

The worst time to visit would be from March to August, when The Day After Tomorrow-style weather is pretty much expected. In fact, the severe weather season makes Dorothy's Kansas look positively calm, with Oklahoma City being the city worst affected by tornadoes in the United States. One of the most powerful tornadoes on record -- an F5 with wind speeds of 320 mph -- devastated much of the city in 1999, securing its place on our list of hells on earth."

Of the feature's most hellish place on Earth, Clarke wrote:
"With over 115 new HIV and AIDS cases diagnosed every month at Port Moresby General Hospital, the capital of Papua New Guinea isn't at the top of this list for much except being the 'worst place to live in the world,' according to a 2004 vote by the Economist's Intelligence Unit. With the population expanding at an uncontrollable rate, employment levels have rocketed, income levels have plummeted and cases of rape, robbery and murder have reached new heights (the murder rate is 23 times that of London).

Gang members, known as 'raskols,' have been known to carry out bank robberies with M16 machine guns, hijack cars wielding machetes and, in one case, drag an injured nurse from a car wreck to rape her. Clearly, the 'rascal' tag does them a disservice. If you don't have time to pick up some souvenirs, don't worry; you'll almost certainly have picked up a disease or two to take home with you."

"It's one person's, one company's opinion. You have to take everything with a pinch of salt," the British-born Clarke said. "It's not a knock on the people, crime or possible pollution in Oklahoma. It was strictly about the weather."

Clarke, 23, is a freelance writer specializing in pop culture and travel. He said the list was a collaboration between him and the AskMen.com staff. The "Hells on Earth" feature was aggregated to an online Web site from AOL Travel; however, AOL has since removed Oklahoma City from its list.

However, Cornett told KOCO-TV that he's not convinced. He said he believes Oklahoma City's inclusion in the list was generated by somebody who has a grudge over the Sonics' relocation to Oklahoma City.

Cornett said he would watch to see how the story progresses.

KOCO-TV contacted James Bassil, AskMen.com's editor-in-chief, and he stressed that the site's "Hells on Earth" feature was meant to be humorous.

"AskMen.com included Oklahoma City on a tongue-in-cheek list of travel destinations because of the constant weather challenges that the city faces. This list was written in a lighthearted, humorous tone and was not meant to disparage Oklahoma City as a place to live, work or raise a family," Bassil said.

The other cities making the list were No. 9 Dhaka, Bangladesh; No. 8 Yakutsk, Russia; No. 7 Mogadishu, Somalia; No. 3 Bujumbura, Republic of Burundi; and No. 2 Linfen, China.

Pizza God
May 05 2008, 12:56 PM
wow, worse than Baghdad. And I thought Houston was bad. :D

gotcha
May 07 2008, 04:08 PM
From the Chicago Tribune:

In 1986, Mkele Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University .
On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.
The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully.
He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.
As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.
The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.
Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.
Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son.
As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing.

The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.
Mbembe summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure.
He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.
The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe's legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.....

my_hero
May 07 2008, 04:27 PM
LMAO! Great headline!

veganray
May 07 2008, 04:40 PM
From the Chicago Tribune:

In 1986, Mkele Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University .
On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.
The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully.
He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.
As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.
The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.
Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.
Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son.
As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing.

The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.
Mbembe summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure.
He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.
The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe's legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.....

You've been had. That, my friend, is a hoax. Debunked! (http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/elephant.asp)

my_hero
May 07 2008, 04:48 PM
I also cross checked it with Snopes and saw that it was False. However, in Gotchers defense, it's a "news headline" in the Windy City's tribune. Thread appropriate! :D

gotcha
May 07 2008, 04:56 PM
If the punchline at the end didn't tip you off, then the joke was funnier than intended. :D

my_hero
Jun 12 2008, 02:05 PM
NBC World Health News:

http://www.nbc5i.com/health/16584627/detail.html

<font color="green"> Marijuana Potency Reaches 30-Year High

Percentage Of Main Ingredient More Than Doubled Since 1983 </font>

POSTED: 8:46 am CDT June 12, 2008
UPDATED: 8:53 am CDT June 12, 2008

WASHINGTON -- Marijuana potency increased last year to the highest level in more than 30 years, posing greater health risks to people who may view the drug as harmless, according to a report released Thursday by the White House.

The latest analysis from the University of Mississippi's Potency Monitoring Project tracked the average amount of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, in samples seized by law enforcement agencies from 1975 through 2007.

It found that the average amount of THC reached 9.6 percent in 2007, compared with 8.75 percent the previous year.

The 9.6 percent level represents more than a doubling of marijuana potency since 1983, when it averaged just under 4 percent.

"Today's report makes it more important than ever that we get past outdated, anachronistic views of marijuana," said John Walters, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. He cited baby boomer parents who might have misguided notions that the drug contains the weaker potency levels of the 1970s.

"Marijuana potency has grown steeply over the past decade, with serious implications in particular for young people," Walters said. He cited the risk of psychological, cognitive and respiratory problems, and the potential for users to become dependent on drugs such as cocaine and heroin.

While the drug's potency may be rising, marijuana users generally adjust to the level of potency and smoke it accordingly, said Dr. Mitch Earleywine, who teaches psychology at the State University of New York in Albany and serves as an adviser for marijuana advocacy groups.

"Stronger cannabis leads to less inhaled smoke," he said.

The White House office attributed the increases in marijuana potency to sophisticated growing techniques that drug traffickers are using at sites in the United States and Canada.

A report from the office last month found that a teenager who has been depressed in the past year was more than twice as likely to have used marijuana than teenagers who have not reported being depressed -- 25 percent compared with 12 percent.

The study said marijuana use increased the risk of developing mental disorders by 40 percent.

"The increases in marijuana potency are of concern since they increase the likelihood of acute toxicity, including mental impairment," said Dr. Nora Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, which funded the University of Mississippi study.

"Particularly worrisome is the possibility that the more potent THC might be more effective at triggering the changes in the brain that can lead to addiction," Volkow said.

But there's no data showing that a higher potency in marijuana leads to more addiction, Earleywine said, and marijuana's withdrawal symptoms are mild at best. "Mild irritability, craving for marijuana and decreased appetite -- I mean those are laughable when you talk about withdrawal from a drug. Caffeine is worse."

The project analyzed data on 62,797 cannabis samples, 1,302 hashish samples, and 468 hash oil samples obtained primarily from seizures by law enforcement agencies in 48 states since 1975.

my_hero
Jun 12 2008, 02:10 PM
This survey's results were surprising to me.

------------

Parents: Would you be upset if your child smoked marijuana?
Choice Votes Percentage of 5396 Votes
Yes, that would go against what we've taught. 3389 63%
I wouldn't be happy, but it's not a huge deal. 1631 30%
That wouldn't bother me much/at all. 376 7%

Should the sale and possession of up to one ounce of marijuana for adults be legalized?
Choice Votes Percentage of 6270 Votes
Yes 5398 86%
No 872 14%

my_hero
Jun 19 2008, 04:06 PM
In today's Money section:

Woman Sues Victoria's Secret For Thong Injury

Woman Says Metal Piece Flew Off, Struck Eye

POSTED: 2:00 pm CDT June 18, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- A California woman has filed a lawsuit against Victoria's Secret, alleging that she was injured while putting on her thong, KNBC-TV in Los Angeles reported.

Marcrida Patterson, 52, said she was injured by a defective "low-rise v-string" made by Victoria's Secret. The item is part of the company's "Sexy Little Thing" line.

Patterson claimed she was putting on the thong when a decorative metal piece flew off and struck her in the eye. She suffered permanent damage to her cornea, according to the lawsuit.

A copy of the June 9 complaint was posted on the Web site TheSmokingGun.com. The site reported that the lawsuit does not specify monetary damages.

Patterson's lawyer said a "design problem" caused the piece to fly off and strike Patterson, according to the Web site.

The Web site reported that a Victoria's Secret representative requested to examine the thong before the lawsuit was filed. The request was rejected by Patterson's attorney, according to the site.

stack
Jun 19 2008, 04:17 PM
if it hit her in the eye i'm no expert but i think she's doing it wrong

cgkdisc
Jun 19 2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe award her $1 for getting metal on the shot... :eek:

jmc2442
Jun 19 2008, 04:30 PM
When I first saw her I read SCAM all over her face. It's like the Mickey D's coffee incident from a bit back... take some responsibility for your own actions. No one at Victoria Secret is directly responsible for your freak accident. I feel awful if she truly does have permananet eye damage. I had a hyphema and busted orbital that rendered me blind in one eye for two days. Was basically laid out for 10. It was the scariest thing I've ever been through. For some reason, I dont see that here. Guess we'll find out how legit she really is when they go to court.

FYI.... Too small a piece on too wide a frame is bound to snap like a stale pretzel... pieces here and there. Just word to the unwise. ;)

discette
Jun 19 2008, 04:49 PM
Did anyone else notice something terribly wrong?

Why is a 52 year old lady wearing a thong? Ugh!

my_hero
Jun 19 2008, 05:31 PM
if it hit her in the eye i'm no expert but i think she's doing it wrong

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4369/uranggilavw7.jpg

Big E
Jun 19 2008, 05:32 PM

This lady should be sued for destroying there image :eek: I was thinking the same thing maybe the should put a age limit in certain store like seventeen does not meen 47 :D

cgkdisc
Jun 19 2008, 05:57 PM

Isn't that the required undergarment before putting on her spandex bicycle shorts?

sandalman
Jun 19 2008, 06:10 PM
is suzette projecting?

michellewade
Jun 19 2008, 06:34 PM
The best news is, she's a meter maid! So next time you see a meter maid about to ticket your car, remind her of the dangers of thongs.....maybe she'll give YOU a break!

my_hero
Jul 15 2008, 10:18 AM
Denton, TX pizza shop. Press play to view. Be sure to note how dented the stainless steel prep table is after the robber is slammed on it. (about 1/3 of the way through the video) :D

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/....1.1&amp;sflg=1 (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=3E7267B8D4378B7C60B2F0AACB9D0A61 ?contentId=6970336&amp;version=2&amp;locale=EN-US&amp;layoutCode=VSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1&amp;sflg=1)

Oh, here's the robber's mug shot. I think the clerk won. :D
http://www.dentonrc.com/s/dws/img/drc/07-08/0713ramirez.jpg

rollinghedge
Jul 15 2008, 10:28 AM
Here's (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6969954&amp;version=6&amp;locale=EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=3.2.1) the article for those who can't watch vids at work.

The clerk, 17-year-old Rudy Sandoval, said he was going to give the suspect the money but decided to fight back when he got slapped.

"I ran up on him right here," Sandoval said as he described the fight. "I just stuck him two or three good times right here. He just dropped right there and started snoring."

my_hero
Jul 15 2008, 10:32 AM
29th annual Moon the Amtrak took place in Orange County on 7/12/08. 8,000 people enjoying mooning the passing trains until police broke up the event when women started removing their tops.

http://www.moonamtrak.org/ (website)

http://www.nbc5i.com/travelgetaways/16877115/detail.html (story w/ link to related pics)

Go catch some real criminals!

Alacrity
Jul 15 2008, 03:03 PM
I agree with you that people need to take responsibility, but the incident with McDonald's coffee is a little bit more than one person being burned. There were many complaints about the temperature of their coffee and how often people were scalded. McDonald's policy was to run their coffee hotter. See http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

When I first saw her I read SCAM all over her face. It's like the Mickey D's coffee incident from a bit back... take some responsibility for your own actions.

Pizza God
Jul 15 2008, 04:24 PM
Oh the plot thickens.

Father Robs Pizza place (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6984825&amp;version=2&amp;locale=EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=3.2.1)

While the robbery was in progress, Martinez discovered her father was the robber when another clerk struck him, knocking him out and knocking off his wig and sunglasses.

Another interesting thing, Pizza Patron takes Peso's....................

On a side note, I met the owner of Pizza Patron at the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas last year. He said 14% of there sales were in Peso's.

ANHYZER
Jul 15 2008, 04:36 PM
Jose Miguel Martinez, 26, was charged with aggravated robbery and is free on $50,000 bail. Benjamin Ramirez, 41, and Sonia Palacios, 38, are both charged with aggravated robbery. Bail was set at $50,000 each, but they are being held without bail on immigration violations.

Pizza God
Jul 15 2008, 04:40 PM
Ha, I didn't see that part :D

Big E
Jul 15 2008, 04:41 PM
Jose Miguel Martinez, 26, was charged with aggravated robbery and is free on $50,000 bail. Benjamin Ramirez, 41, and Sonia Palacios, 38, are both charged with aggravated robbery. Bail was set at $50,000 each, but they are being held without bail on immigration violations.

According to the owner 14% of there customers are also illegal :o:D

rollinghedge
Jul 15 2008, 04:47 PM
LMFAO!

ANHYZER
Jul 15 2008, 05:54 PM
I bet the daughter was also in on it...

accidentalROLLER
Jul 15 2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, like when she gets the register and hands it to the guy right before he gets knocked the [censored] out.

CRUISER
Jul 15 2008, 06:19 PM
No doubt, that guy knew exactly where the dead spots in the camera were. He has to hind behind one to pull his shirt over his head right before he gets KO'd.

my_hero
Jul 22 2008, 01:00 PM
Man climbing tree to retrieve Frisbee dies after falling 30 feet

Bay City News Service
Article Launched: 07/21/2008 03:08:45 PM PDT

An autopsy was conducted today on a Santa Rosa man who apparently fell to his death while attempting to retrieve a Frisbee from a tree at Howarth Park Saturday evening.

The results of the autopsy on 23-year-old Robert Wood are being withheld pending toxicology tests, the Sonoma County coroner's office reported.

The fire department responded to the park at 6:11 p.m. Saturday and found Wood face down on the ground between two redwood trees, Santa Rosa Fire Department Battalion Chief Andy Pforsich said.

Paramedics tried unsuccessfully to revive Wood. He was pronounced dead at the scene, Pforsich said.

A caller to the fire department said Wood was about 30 feet up in the tree when he fell, Pforsich said.

kUrTp
Jul 22 2008, 01:02 PM
Was he a DGer or a casual frisbee chucker?

my_hero
Jul 22 2008, 01:03 PM
Don't know. The story is from San Jose, CA. Is there a disc course at Howarth Park?

my_hero
Jul 22 2008, 01:14 PM
<font color="red"> Any of my Yinzers know this guy Philly guy? He's not a PDGA member but he's one of the most recognizable disc figures. LOL.</font>

Frisbee golf gaining fans

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
By Chris Pawling
[email protected]
With Tiger Woods winning tournaments in heroic fashion in recent years, golf has seen a lot more attention than normal.

But while many potential newcomers want to pursue their golf dreams, money stays tight and courses shut their doors to the public.

Those are just two of the reasons that disc golf, or frisbee golf, has been up-and-coming � coupled with the local efforts of Jeff "Uhle" Uhlenberg.

<font color="red"> Uhlenberg has become one of the most recognizable figures in disc golf and ultimate Frisbee in the Philadelphia area. </font>

And it seems that all he wants out of it is a smile on his face.

"It�s more fun that you can imagine," he said. "Everyone started somewhere with that first throw, and if you go to an established course, there will be someone who will help you. (Disc golfers) are positive and highly spirited people.

"It�s a lot like life. You get frustrated, but you work on it and improve."

The rules of disc golf nearly mirror those of the golf our grandfathers played, but there are a few variations. Some depend on who is playing.

"Just like regular golf, there are par-3s, 4s and 5s," Uhlenberg said. "The most common number is par-3, but some courses have different teas and some tees are placed to be more challenging. There are also mandatories where you have to go around something to a specific side."

For beginners, heading out to a disc golf course with a typical ultimate-style Frisbee would be just fine. But for anyone who wants to take their game to the next level, Uhlenberg suggests buying a disc golf set.

Still, disc golf is much more affordable than its traditional counterpart. Golf clubs can easily run $200-2,000, while each outing could average $50 coming out of a player�s pocket.

"It�s the most fun you can have for the least amount of money," Uhlenberg says of disc golf. "You can go out and buy a set of three or four discs (which generally consists of a driver, mid-range disc and putter) for about 25 or 30 bucks, and those should last many years."

As for the price of a day on the course, most of the time it�s free of charge.

"Most courses are in public parks that are free," said Uhlenberg. "I�ve played on pay-to-play courses that are only about $3-5 to play. I�ve heard of $8-10, but that�s the most I�ve ever heard."

Other than soccer � futbol to anyone north, south, east or west of the U.S. � traditional golf is the closest thing to a truly global sport.

But what many people don�t know, is that disc golf has followed closely behind.

"It is truly an international sport, just about every continent including Antarctica has it," said Uhlenberg. "I played in Hawaii one time. I was driving along, saw the baskets and I just said, �Let�s go play some disc golf.�

If you find yourself saying the same thing after reading this article, and want to head out for a round of anywhere from nine to 27 holes, the best bets are Landis Park in Vineland or Sedgley Woods in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia.

"You can play nine holes at Sedgley in 30 minutes," Uhlenberg said. "The return in the investment is priceless. I know people who were iffy, and when they try it they think it�s unbelievable."

kUrTp
Jul 22 2008, 01:15 PM
When I lived in Salt Lake City these Mormons came to the house and did their speech. After we told them no thanks they always ask, "Is there anything we can do for you?" So my roommate, who is the last person they would want to join their religion, told them to get the dogs frisbee out of the tree. So the two elders, in shirt and ties, climbed the tree and got it down for us.

Another time we hired one to drive us around to all the bars in town so none of us would have to drive. It was priceless!!!

jmc2442
Jul 22 2008, 01:22 PM
Don't know. The story is from San Jose, CA. Is there a disc course at Howarth Park?

there were two courses in San Jose on dgcoursereview.com.. none listed as Howarth Park

kUrTp
Jul 22 2008, 03:20 PM
California men behind bars after allegedly setting drinking buddy's crotch ablaze

By Associated Press
7:57 AM EDT, July 22, 2008

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP) _ Two practical jokers are behind bars for setting their passed-out drinking buddy's crotch ablaze while boozing in Grover Beach. Matthew Craig Pillers and Jack Brent Nicholas Keiffer pleaded no contest to a felony great bodily injury charge.

Prosecutors say the 22-year-old Pillers, a parolee, was sentenced to two years in prison and the 19-year-old Keiffer got 45 days in San Luis Obispo County jail.

Elliot Tuleja was passed out when the men poured cologne on the man's groin and set him on fire on Jan. 18. Tuleja had second-degree burns on his testicles.

jmc2442
Jul 22 2008, 03:36 PM
from the Associated Press:
updated 3:26 a.m. ET, Tues., July. 22, 2008:

MONROE, Wash. - Police say a trail of pillows and backpacks led to two sleeping men who were arrested after a department store break-in.

Twenty-five-year-old Kyle Burress and 27-year-old Allen Pierce have been charged with second-degree burglary.

Police spokeswoman Debbie Willis says a break-in was discovered July 9 at a Fred Meyer department store northeast of Seattle. The two were still being held on bail Monday, and it was not clear whether they had lawyers.

Willis says police followed a trail of cardboard and items from storage containers in a locked area behind the store that led to the two men. One was sleeping in a stolen hammock and the other on a pile of stolen pillows.

Police photographed the men before waking and arresting them.

Willis says alcohol was involved.

paul
Jul 22 2008, 03:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELogEXqeJsI&amp;feature=related

Uhle's all over this video in his element . . . he'd like to take you one of those 300 year old trees and tell you . . . .about it . .. ?? Are you out there Hal?

frolfdisc
Jul 22 2008, 05:28 PM

there were two courses in San Jose on dgcoursereview.com.. none listed as Howarth Park

In reading through the thread, I think Santa Rosa was mistaken as San Jose by John in that post.

There is no such course in the San Jose area.

- JPB

rollinghedge
Jul 23 2008, 02:53 PM
story (http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=D2D5C20A057CD2FE8AB0564737F27F6D ?contentId=6856475&amp;version=8&amp;locale=EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1&amp;sflg=1)

my_hero
Jul 23 2008, 03:17 PM
R.I. police say man had .491 blood alcohol level

18 hours ago

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) � State Police arrested a man early Tuesday whose blood alcohol level allegedly was .491 � more than six times the legal limit � which they believe is the highest ever recorded in Rhode Island for someone who wasn't dead.

Stanley Kobierowski, 34, of North Providence, was arrested after he drove into a highway message board on Interstate 95 in Providence, Maj. Steven O'Donnell said.

After police arrived, Kobierowski had trouble getting out of the car, then grabbed it and refused to move, forcing troopers to carry him to the breakdown lane before taking him back to their barracks, O'Donnell said.

A Breathalyzer test showed Kobierowski had blood alcohol readings of .489 followed by .491, O'Donnell said, the highest readings anyone at the State Police or the Department of Health could remember for someone who didn't end up dead.

The legal limit in Rhode Island is .08. A blood alcohol of .3 is classified as "stupor," .4 is "comatose" and .5 is considered fatal, according to the health department.

"Our only assumption could be that the person has a serious alcohol problem," O'Donnell said. "The person's lucky they survived. There's no doubt he would have gotten killed or killed someone if he had continued on the route he was taking."

Kobierowski was taken to Rhode Island Hospital where he was put in the detoxification unit and sedated, O'Donnell said. He was arraigned Tuesday afternoon on charges of driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest.

He was released after promising to appear at hearing Friday in district court.

Kobierowski did not have an attorney at his arraignment, police said. A phone listing for him could not be found.

jmc2442
Jul 23 2008, 03:54 PM
Woman stabs herself during Wiccan ceremony
Accident happens during good-luck ritual

updated 6:24 p.m. ET, Tues., July. 22, 2008

LEBANON, Ind. - A woman accidentally stabbed herself in the foot with a 3-foot-long sword while performing a Wiccan good luck ritual at a cemetery in central Indiana.

Katherine Gunther, 36, of Lebanon, pierced her left foot with the sword while performing the rite at Oak Hill Cemetery, police said.

Gunther said she was performing the ceremony to give thanks for a recent run of good luck. The ceremony involves the use of candles, incense and driving swords into the ground during the full moon.

Gunther said was aiming to put the sword in the ground, but hit her foot instead.

"It wasn't the first time I performed the ritual, but it was the first time I put a sword through my foot," she said.

Gunther immediately pulled the sword out of her foot, and her companions took her to Witham Memorial Hospital, where she was kept a couple days for treatment.

No charges were filed, police said. The Wiccans were warned that being in the cemetery in the city about 20 miles northwest of Indianapolis after posted visiting hours constitutes trespassing.

Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons.

Pizza God
Jul 23 2008, 06:10 PM
story (http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=D2D5C20A057CD2FE8AB0564737F27F6D ?contentId=6856475&amp;version=8&amp;locale=EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1&amp;sflg=1)

did anyone notice this story linked to the side of this article

web page (http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7046216&amp;version=1&amp;locale=EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1)

jmc2442
Jul 24 2008, 05:10 PM
Nirvana album cover baby turns 17... BIllions have seen him naked (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92833535)

jmc2442
Jul 25 2008, 11:01 AM
if you are a football fan the concept of this is CRazY. If I had to lineup against it I dont know what I would do.... man to man size/speed wise I guess?!?

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825031

tbender
Jul 25 2008, 01:40 PM
It looks like a 5 man blitz should stop it. The other 6 play zone.

Only 4 guys are close enough to effectively block and the pressure would keep the receivers from busting the zone.

That said, I'd like to see it run. You could use a Randle-El type player as the 2nd QB.

jmc2442
Jul 25 2008, 01:49 PM
LOCALS ARRESTED IN CANADA to US DRUG RING (http://post-gazette.com/pg/08207/899540-100.stm)

Lyle O Ross
Jul 25 2008, 02:06 PM
It looks like a 5 man blitz should stop it. The other 6 play zone.

Only 4 guys are close enough to effectively block and the pressure would keep the receivers from busting the zone.

That said, I'd like to see it run. You could use a Randle-El type player as the 2nd QB.

This is hilarious, my college intramural flag football team used this formation! We had one great thrower, who couldn't run, and one great runner, who couldn't throw. You kept the other team on their toes because they never knew who was going to get the ball. We ran a couple of awesome misdirections and every time the two ran past each other the other team would hesitate expecting a hand off. We also threw stunts on the line where we'd open a hole let the offensive linemen come while stunting a smaller hole that we'd go through.

Now, Tony knows me, I was a defensive lineman on this team. We did this cause we were small, very small. It worked. We got all the way to the championships before we met a behemoth that was big and fast. They didn't try and stop us, they just hit any one who had the ball or had at one time had the ball, hard. We limped off the field. We still almost beat them, 14 to 7 and we led until the last quarter when the bruises and injuries caught up with us.

The message though is this can work if you run it right.

jmc2442
Jul 25 2008, 05:24 PM
if you watch the whole video it seems like they are pretty good at executing all types of plays from it... interesting... very i n t e r e s t i n g.

Pizza God
Jul 26 2008, 05:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJ_iZkDkus4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJ_iZkDkus4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pizza God
Jul 26 2008, 05:46 PM
It would not let me do a video and poll in the same post

bruce_brakel
Jul 26 2008, 08:09 PM
You can't ask that without asking this.

bruce_brakel
Jul 26 2008, 08:22 PM
I don't know how to embed videos. You'll have to go there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrYndBurq8&amp;feature=related

Pizza God
Jul 27 2008, 01:25 AM
Debunking all he theories I have heard (http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm)

bravo
Jul 27 2008, 08:13 AM
whom ever wrote that paper oor response seams to have the same abuilities to confuse with words as many lawers and politicians and officials

jmc2442
Jul 28 2008, 04:10 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25854715/

this Dude looks like my old neighbor... C R a z Y!

Lyle O Ross
Jul 28 2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25854715/

this Dude looks like my old neighbor... C R a z Y!

I fail to see the problem here? I have a few lawnmowers I'd like to shoot myself... I do remember fondly, my uncle's father kicking a lawnmower to pieces when it wouldn't start.

None of that tops the woman who decided at 3:00 a.m. that she was tired of the wart on her toe and was going to remove it with a shotgun. My friend who saw her at 4:00 a.m. in the Ben Taub E.R. said he'd never been completely speechless before in his entire life.

accidentalROLLER
Jul 28 2008, 05:14 PM
I fail to see the problem here?

You don't see the problem with an intoxicated man with a shotgun shooting it off in a neighborhood? That explains alot about you, Lyle. I guess that's not nearly as bad as repeating a rumor on a low-traffic forum, huh?

jmc2442
Jul 28 2008, 05:22 PM
that's not nearly as bad as repeating a rumor on a low-traffic forum, huh?

:o

Pizza God
Jul 28 2008, 05:39 PM
He probably had Ethanol gas in it.

Actually, I have no problem and see no problem with him shooting his lawnmower on HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY. Now I don't know how large his property is [or small]

I also don't see why it is illegal for him to have a modified shotgun.

Let us not forget that the ATF used a trap with a modified shotgun in the Ruby Ridge case. [I say trap because they used that against Randy]

Lyle O Ross
Jul 28 2008, 05:41 PM
Debunking all he theories I have heard (http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm)

What an excellent article! Too sweet. All of the global warming nay-sayers should read this, especially the last few sections were he writes about what makes a credible source and why some people are doubters. I especially liked the parts about paranoia and a need to prove they are intellectually superior because they find "faults." The most telling part (and this extends to the GW crowd) is the tactic of only presenting the data they think supports their position, instead of looking at all the data.

Nice Za! Thanks!

Lyle O Ross
Jul 28 2008, 05:43 PM
I fail to see the problem here?

You don't see the problem with an intoxicated man with a shotgun shooting it off in a neighborhood? That explains alot about you, Lyle. I guess that's not nearly as bad as repeating a rumor on a low-traffic forum, huh?

Colin, someone must have turned off your sense of humor today. Here, have a battery...

BTW - repeating what rumor? Or are you referring to my signature line?

Lyle O Ross
Jul 28 2008, 05:45 PM
BTW Colin, you do remember that I'm a gun control advocate, right?

bravo
Jul 28 2008, 06:44 PM
im also a gun control advocate.
ifyou or i or anybody has a gun they aught to control it but not be told that they must tell any body they have it.

accidentalROLLER
Jul 28 2008, 09:54 PM

Didn't know that. I am a common sense advocate. Alcohol+Guns=Fail

m_conners
Jul 29 2008, 11:46 AM
Not exactly a news headline but these people are classic!

Comic Book Convention (http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/916/2008-comiccon-exhibit-hall-costumes#photo45)

jmc2442
Jul 29 2008, 02:14 PM
NEW YORK (AP)�Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy was sentenced to 15 months in prison Tuesday for setting off a gambling scandal that tarnished the league�s reputation and raised questions about the integrity of its officiating.

The sentencing in Brooklyn federal court culminated a case that hung over the league throughout the season and even into the NBA finals between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. League commissioner David Stern has repeatedly denied Donaghy�s claim that corruption among referees goes beyond him.

Donaghy�s lawyer had asked the judge for probation. Donaghy had faced up to 33 months in prison, but the judge gave him credit for his cooperation.

Folding his arms but showing no other emotion, the 41-year-old Donaghy apologized to the court. �I brought shame on myself and my family,� he said.

Donaghy pleaded guilty last August to conspiracy to engage in wire fraud and transmitting betting information through interstate commerce for taking payoffs from a professional gambler for inside tips on games.

�By having this nonpublic information, I was in a unique position to predict the outcome of NBA games,� he told a judge at the time.

Donaghy didn�t stop there: In June, he marred the NBA finals by making fresh accusations that the league routinely encouraged refs to ring up bogus fouls to manipulate results but discouraged them from calling technical fouls on star players to keep them in games and protect ticket sales and television ratings.

The allegations�contained in court papers arguing that Donaghy deserved leniency for voluntarily disclosing the alleged corruption�included one instance claiming referees rigged a 2002 playoff series to force it to a revenue-boosting seventh game.

Though the papers didn�t name the teams involved, only the Los Angeles Lakers-Sacramento Kings series went to seven games during those playoffs. The Lakers went on to win the championship.

Both Stern and the league�s officials have said Donaghy made the claims to get a lighter sentence.

�We anticipate that the judge�s sentencing decision, together with the changes we have made to our referee operations staff, will enable us to continue with the improvements we are making to our anti-gambling rules, policies and procedures,� Stern said Tuesday.

�There is little comfort to be gained from the mandatory prison sentence, especially as it affects Mr. Donaghy�s children and their mother, but hopefully the healing process can begin in earnest for all.�

The NBA has made a number of changes to its officiating program in the wake of the scandal. Former Army Gen. Ron Johnson was hired as senior vice president of referee operations, Bernie Fryer and Joe Borgia were promoted to new management positions and the league reassigned Ronnie Nunn, who had been the director of officials for five years.

Last week, two of Donaghy�s former high school classmates were sentenced to over a year in prison for their roles in the scheme.

James Battista, a professional gambler and admitted drug addict, got 15 months in prison for making bets based on inside tips. Thomas Martino, the scheme�s middleman, was sentenced to a year and one day for paying the referee thousands of dollars for the tips. The three men attended school together in Springfield, Pa.

The league had demanded nearly $1.4 million in restitution. But the judge last week set the restitution at $217,266, to be paid jointly by the three defendants.

�Though we believe no sentence would ever be able to repair or justify the damage caused by this criminal and scoundrel, we are glad to finally put this behind us,� said Lamell McMorris, spokesperson for the National Basketball Referees Association.

�Tim acted in a completely selfish and unforgivable way, and has forever compromised the way people look at sports and officiating. However, NBA referees will continue to officiate with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.�

Lyle O Ross
Jul 29 2008, 04:54 PM

Didn't know that. I am a common sense advocate. Alcohol+Guns=Fail

LOL!

That's part of the reason I'm a gun control advocate, i.e. guns + alcohol. If only smart people had guns I'd have no problem. I grew up hunting, know 5 people who've been shot by idiots and have seen three more shot. In all the cases where I knew the person it was either done with an "unloaded" gun or a "I know I saw a deer" incident. The other three cases were two bodies I saw while living in NY, and the last was classic. I was dove hunting with my dad and uncles when I was 12 and this dumb donkey was shooting up over a rise. Unfortunately, on the far side of that rise was a county road. The dink peppered a county cop car, and then peppered the country cop when he got out to see what was going on. I've never seen a cop so mad before! Have to say though, this guy almost made Cheney look smart.

Too many dumb people have guns.

accidentalROLLER
Jul 29 2008, 11:07 PM
If that's what you feel, then you should be more adamant about car-control, than gun-control. The number of fatalities due to firearms is nearly equal those due to automobiles and many more people are injured by cars than by guns. I would rather have an idiot owning a gun in the country, than an idiot owning an SUV and talking on the phone in traffic.

Big E
Jul 30 2008, 09:56 AM
Besides "Stupid People" dont by gun's legally :p So how will gun control help again oh ya smart people cant get guns now to protect themselves from "Stupid People":eek:

Lyle O Ross
Jul 30 2008, 01:44 PM
Besides "Stupid People" dont by gun's legally :p So how will gun control help again oh ya smart people cant get guns now to protect themselves from "Stupid People":eek:

Stupid people don't chew gum, gum people chew gum....

Lyle O Ross
Jul 30 2008, 01:46 PM
If that's what you feel, then you should be more adamant about car-control, than gun-control. The number of fatalities due to firearms is nearly equal those due to automobiles and many more people are injured by cars than by guns. I would rather have an idiot owning a gun in the country, than an idiot owning an SUV and talking on the phone in traffic.

Hey, I'm all for public transportation!

You make a salient point. Perhaps this is why they don't let Presidents drive anything but little buggies on their ranches?

Big E
Jul 30 2008, 04:29 PM
STUFF THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/30/frank.marijuana/index.html)

Pizza God
Jul 31 2008, 12:12 AM
STUFF THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/30/frank.marijuana/index.html)

co-sponsored by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas

:D

jmc2442
Jul 31 2008, 08:45 AM
Current laws targeting marijuana users place undue burdens on law enforcement resources, punish ill Americans whose doctors have prescribed the substance and unfairly affect African-Americans

WHAT? HOWSO MORE THAN WHITE AMERICANS, OR HISPANICS, OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER?!? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME WITH THAT...

so ridiculous.

the thought of decriminalization however is not.

tbender
Jul 31 2008, 09:23 AM
Maybe the NBA is helping push this law? :)

gotcha
Jul 31 2008, 09:53 AM

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/gunowners.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=gunowners.jpg)
Photo courtesy of RaNDoM PaStE ThReAd

Pizza God
Jul 31 2008, 02:22 PM
Fight over open carry gun policy in Texas (http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/072408kvueopencarry-sb.8aaac2f3.html)

On that note, a recent email I received

Doctors vs Gunowners

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

bravo
Jul 31 2008, 02:30 PM
nicely putt!!!!!

jmc2442
Jul 31 2008, 02:33 PM
somehow I dont believe those numbers. I'd like to see the actual docs these bits of data were pulled from.

I'd also like to know what is considered "accidental"

bruce_brakel
Jul 31 2008, 02:36 PM
A few years ago Michigan adopted a "shall issue" concealed carrying permit. It used to be in the gun board's discretion who got a concealed weapons permit and that meant only their buddies got one. Now they have to issue one to anyone who applies unless the applicant has a felony or mental health history.

I work in the courts. I have not seen any gun crimes being committed by people who are lawfully carrying a concealed weapon. Ever. Most people get the concealed carry permit just to cover over the grey areas when they are transporting their guns to go hunting or go to the range.

Pizza God
Jul 31 2008, 04:01 PM
somehow I dont believe those numbers. I'd like to see the actual docs these bits of data were pulled from.

I'd also like to know what is considered "accidental"

90 percent of all statistics are made up :D

Actually you are correct, the numbers are pretty much made up from that email. I only posted it because of the subject.

gotcha
Aug 01 2008, 10:38 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/toyota.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=toyota.jpg)

jmc2442
Aug 01 2008, 10:40 AM
^^^ N I C E. :D

accidentalROLLER
Aug 01 2008, 10:45 AM
Update (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/09/toy-yoda.htm) to above story. "Symantics" is a tricky business.

jmc2442
Aug 01 2008, 11:03 AM
unless there was a flyer or some type of business memo stating a "TOYOTA AUTO/CAR" was to be won or it was verbally said as a new car in a meeting with multiple people, then I dont see why hooters owes her a dime.

it sucks, sure, but c'mon now. for BEER sales?!? they could sell a hundred barrels and not make enough money to cover that.

naiveness. its a disease.

Pizza God
Aug 02 2008, 11:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YysPR0d4Oo0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YysPR0d4Oo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pizza God
Aug 05 2008, 02:24 PM
Circuit City yanks MAD Magazine from stores (http://www.startribune.com/business/26253519.html)

This is actually a pretty funny article

Pizza God
Aug 16 2008, 03:17 AM
Cinderella, Snow White, Tinkerbell and Peter Pan arrested in Disney Land (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jXGsA6a9caN4qHy8j7npWIv68-GwD92IJ2280)

http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/admin/peterpanarrested.jpg

Pizza God
Aug 16 2008, 03:18 AM
http://www.southernledger.com/images_ap/a8f0d496-6bc2-4521-8214-c80bbb90d47f-34c9a42c-f85c-4764-9e04-08de50cb873d.jpg

Pizza God
Aug 20 2008, 01:44 PM
DeGuerin: Size matters; Court: Nah (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5954517.html)

Pizza God
Aug 20 2008, 07:02 PM
Court gives green light to "boobs on bikes" parade (http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSWEL11843920080819)

Pizza God
Aug 25 2008, 03:35 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KMX2LQVFYfg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KMX2LQVFYfg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

m_conners
Sep 03 2008, 05:53 PM
This is a funny story:

Tatum Bell steals Rudi Johnson's bags (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080903/BLOG21/80903043/1048)

zzgolfer
Oct 24 2008, 03:32 PM
Joe McCain Allegedly Calls 911 to Complain About Traffic posted 10:29 am Fri October 24, 2008 tags: joe mccain � � call � traffic

Stay on top of breaking news! Sign up for ABC 7 News e-mail alerts.
Your Email: Alexandria (web|news) - A 911 tape, reportedly of Sen. John McCain (web|news|bio) 's brother Joe, could prove controversial for the McCain camp since the call was not for an emergency, but rather to complain about being stuck in traffic.

The call came into Alexandria's 911 system on October 21.

Operator: 911 state your emergency

Caller: It's not an emergency, but do you know why on one side at the **** drawbridge of 95 traffic is stopped for 15 minutes and yet traffic's coming the other way?

Operator: Sir, are you calling 911 to complain about traffic? (pause)

Caller: "(Expletive) you." (caller hangs up)

The complaint call about traffic on the Wilson Bridge forced the 911 dispatcher to call back. The voice mail on the other end, appears to belong to Joe McCain, brother of presidential candidate, John McCain.

"Hi this is Joe McCain. I can't take this message now because I'm involved in a very (inaudible) important political project. I hope on November 4th we have elected John."

"I think it's horrible. I can't believe somebody would tie up valuable resources to complain about traffic," said District resident Nancy Case.

"It seems stupid, my name can be tagged to this, why would I hose my brother, why would I do it," asked District resident Rob Case.

But that wasn't all. McCain apparently called 911 again to complain about the message the operator just left him, warning him such use of 911 is criminal.

Caller: Somebody gave me this riot act about the violation of police.

Operator: Did you just call 911 in reference to this?

Caller: Yeah.

Operator: 911 is to be used for emergencies only not just because you're sitting in traffic.

"The future president, possible president whatever, possible president, can't control what someone does, but this gentleman should be fined or something should happen to him," said tourist Suzanna Rey.

The McCain campaign has not commented on the issue, although it's said the campaign did listen to the call. ABC 7/NewsChannel 8 crews tried to reach Joe McCain, but were unable to

zzgolfer
Oct 24 2008, 03:41 PM
Police: Campaign Volunteer Made Up Attack Story
MORE: KDKA Online Voters Guide | Campaign '08 News
Embed our Politics widget to get our news on your site
A Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Ashley Todd confessed to making up the story &amp; is facing charges
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) &amp;#8213; Police tell KDKA that a campaign volunteer has now confessed to making up a story that a mugger attacked her and cut the letter B in her face after seeing her McCain bumper sticker.

Ashley Todd, 20, of Texas, initially told police that she was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield and that the suspect became enraged and started beating her after seeing her GOP sticker on her car.

Police investigating the alleged attack, however, began to notice some inconsistencies in her story and administered a polygraph test.

Authorities, however, declined to release the results of that test.

Investigators did say that they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction."

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

Authorities are expected to release more details at a news conference this afternoon.

According to police, investigators working on the interview process detected several inconsistencies in Todd's story that differed from statements made in the original police report.

Pittsburgh Police Public Information Officer Diane Richard released a statement earlier today, saying: "Because of the inconsistencies in her statements, Ms. Todd was asked to submit to a polygraph examination which she agreed to do."

No photos of Todd are being released by Pittsburgh Police at this time

spartan
Oct 24 2008, 03:46 PM
you forgot the fact that she is from College Station..aggies! i swear. :D

Pizza God
Jan 08 2009, 03:28 PM
US porn industry seeks multi-billion dollar bailout (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4165049/US-porn-industry-seeks-multi-billion-dollar-bailout.html)

Well, what about a Pizza bailout?????? I sure could use it, if I shut down, 12 people will be out of work and 1000's of people will be without Mr. Jim's Pizza.

Pizza God
Jan 14 2009, 05:33 PM
Adolf Hitler taken away from parents (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4240668/Adolf-Hitler-taken-away-from-parents.html)

I have read several articles on this, no one seems to know why the government stole the parents.

Until we are given a reason, I will not comment other than to say that except in the case of molestation or physical abuse, I don't see a reason to take a child away from there kids.

Sorry, but if they took the kids because of there names, that is just flat our wrong.

Edit - It appears that the Family has not made any comment and the government has stated that they do not take kids away because of a name. However no one has stated by the kids were stolen from the parents.

Pizza God
Mar 25 2009, 03:28 PM
Dog leaves family's cash in his deposits (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1447519.html)

eewwww

Pizza God
Mar 25 2009, 08:01 PM
Teenager paints 60ft phallus on roof of family home (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5041848/Teenager-paints-60ft-phallus-on-roof-of-family-home.html37332678&amp;h=wlyML&amp;u=O3h25&amp;ref=nf)

Thanks Adam, that was funny

my_hero
Mar 27 2009, 12:19 AM
Woman Missing for 7 Years Found Dead Under Junk
Cleaning crew finds bones

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/weird/Woman-Missing-for-7-Years-Found-Dead-Under-Junk.html

Nice.

Pizza God
Apr 09 2009, 04:21 PM
<object id="flashObj" width="400" height="346" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/10032373001?isVid=1&publisherID=1612833736" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=18937168001&linkBaseURL=http://video.aol.com/video/colorado-bans-womans-tofu-license-plate/0d745469-ecb3-4e2b-9945-f563f766fbcd&playerID=10032373001&domain=embed&" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/10032373001?isVid=1&publisherID=1612833736" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=18937168001&linkBaseURL=http://video.aol.com/video/colorado-bans-womans-tofu-license-plate/0d745469-ecb3-4e2b-9945-f563f766fbcd&playerID=10032373001&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="400" height="346" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Jeff_LaG
Apr 10 2009, 10:33 AM
Omigod, that is hilarious! As a vegetarian for the last 6 years, I often eat tofu so I got a special laugh out of that.

Thanks for posting, Pizza. :cool:

Pizza God
Apr 21 2009, 02:11 PM
This is really not political so I posted it here. Tapping your cell phone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyKcoDaofg)
If you ever heard this before, this report actually does it, yes it works and yes anyone could be listening to your conversation right now,.

Jeff_LaG
Apr 21 2009, 02:31 PM
http://www.badmouth.net/graphics/WOW_1.jpg

Pizza God
Apr 21 2009, 04:28 PM
Jeff, did you NOT watch the video????? there is NO tin foil hat wearing here, it is a known fact. BTW, what is your cell phone number so I can listen in to you :D

Here, this article even links to web sites where you can do this sort of stuff.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2008/05/05/cell-phone-spying-is-your-life-being-monitored/

kkrasinski
Apr 21 2009, 04:36 PM
If you ever heard this before, this report actually does it, yes it works and yes anyone could be listening to your conversation right now,.

Really? Who put the spy software on my phone? Nobody? That's what I thought.

Pizza God
Apr 21 2009, 05:06 PM
Who put the spy software on that ladies phone??? Even the police could never figure that one out.

All I was doing was posting a news piece about the fact that people CAN and DO this. This is not some internet rumor.

Jeff_LaG
Apr 21 2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.digitalfox.com/digitalfox/johnf-ingkerry/foilhat_files/foil5.jpg

exczar
Apr 21 2009, 06:32 PM
I liked the life sized picture of Purdue Pete in the background when they were talking to the expert at Purdue.

I grew up in Indy, and went to Purdue. I wouldn't mind having the Indiana summers here, but no may would I trade them for the mild North Texas winters.

Pizza God
Apr 21 2009, 07:49 PM
mmm is that a self pic there Jeff???

Jeff_LaG
Apr 21 2009, 08:49 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g7KcbMxmLEU/R5E2Yk_YZ4I/AAAAAAAADFY/_m0pJ7oocXI/s400/TinfoilHat.jpg

Pizza God
Apr 21 2009, 09:20 PM
That cat does not look very happy, you should quit doing that to your cat.

Pizza God
Apr 22 2009, 07:53 PM
Say it isn't so

Global economic crisis hits German sex industry (http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE53K00G20090421)

Pizza God
Apr 23 2009, 12:36 PM
Bag of Poo Sent Home in Kid's Backpack (http://news.aol.com/article/bag-of-poo-in-backpack/441814?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Fbag-of-poo-in-backpack%2F441814)

Pizza God
Apr 26 2009, 12:54 PM
Fast food police: (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1172094/Fast-food-police-Caribbean-takeaway-closed-opening-close-schools.html)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/20/article-1172094-048DE328000005DC-414_468x324.jpg

I only wish this was a joke, it cold happen here too, New York City has been thinking about Trans Fat ordinance and there is a bill in the Texas House to ban Trans Fat in Texas.

Pizza God
May 23 2009, 12:12 PM
<object id="flashObj" width="400" height="346" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/10032373001?isVid=1&publisherID=1612833736" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=23957526001&linkBaseURL=http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/AOL%20News/couple-flees-6-million-accidental-bank-deposit/23957526001&playerID=10032373001&domain=embed&" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/10032373001?isVid=1&publisherID=1612833736" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=23957526001&linkBaseURL=http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/AOL%20News/couple-flees-6-million-accidental-bank-deposit/23957526001&playerID=10032373001&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="400" height="346" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

So, what would you do????

Lyle O Ross
May 29 2009, 01:07 PM
Who put the spy software on that ladies phone??? Even the police could never figure that one out.

All I was doing was posting a news piece about the fact that people CAN and DO this. This is not some internet rumor.

Actually, it turns out, as I understand it, that the FBI developed these tools to spy, on terrorists... The notion was that they could follow the terrorists around, listen in on their conversations even when their phones were "off," and keep us safe. Za is correct, it's pretty darn scary stuff. You don't load the software on your phone, it gets done for you, like a virus so to speak.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?s=9346833

kkrasinski
May 29 2009, 05:11 PM
You don't load the software on your phone, it gets done for you, like a virus so to speak.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?s=9346833

From your link:

"With the permission of WTHR producer Cyndee Hebert, 13 Investigates purchased and downloaded Spyware on her personal cell phone.

Hebert agreed to be spied on - if the spy software lived up to its bold claims.

WTHR's Spy Test

The process of downloading the software took several attempts and a great deal of patience. But once the spy program was installed, Hebert's phone could indeed be tapped into at any time - just as its distributor promised."

"How to protect yourself

Mislan suggests keeping a close eye on your cell phone so that others never get an opportunity to download information such as spy software when you're not looking. He also says it's important to install a security password on your phone to restrict anyone else from using it."

emphasis added

Pizza God
May 31 2009, 01:25 AM
Nextel and Samsung handsets and the Motorola Razr are especially vulnerable to software downloads that activate their microphones, said James Atkinson (http://www.tscm.com/biojma.html), a counter-surveillance consultant who has worked closely with government agencies. "They can be remotely accessed and made to transmit room audio all the time," he said. "You can do that without having physical access to the phone."

FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool (http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html)

Pizza God
May 31 2009, 01:40 AM
Pa. newspaper ad calls for Obama assassination (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1598298,w-newspaper-obama-assassination-052909.article)

Jeff_LaG
May 31 2009, 02:26 PM
What's debatable is who was less bright - the person who placed the ad and is surely sitting in a Secret Service interrogation room right now, or the newspaper staff who approved and printed the classified ad.

kkrasinski
May 31 2009, 04:13 PM
FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool (http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html)

The only references you find to this on the internet are dated 2006 and reference this court opinion (http://www.politechbot.com/docs/fbi.ardito.roving.bug.opinion.120106.txt). The relevant sections of the opinion read (emphasis added):

"2. The Roving Intercepts

a. Ardito's Cellular Telephone

Based on physical surveillance and the conversations previously
intercepted, the FBI learned that Ardito's crew no longer conducted
meetings exclusively at the four restaurants, but met also in twelve
additional restaurants, automobiles, Ardito's home, an auto store, an
insurance office, a jewelry store, a doctor's office, a boat, and
public streets.

The government applied for a "roving bug," that is, the interception
of Ardito's conversations at locations that were "not practical" to
specify, as authorized by 18 U.S.C. § 2518(11)(a). Judge Jones
granted the application, authorizing continued interception at the
four restaurants and the installation of a listening device in
Ardito's cellular telephone. The device functioned whether the phone
was powered on or off, intercepting conversations within its range
wherever it happened to be.

b. Peluso's Cellular Telephone

By February 2004, the government had learned that Peter Peluso, an
attorney and close associate of Ardito, was relaying messages to and
from high-ranking family members who were wary of government listening
devices and who used Peluso as a messenger to avoid meeting together
directly. In a renewal application dated February 6, 2004, the
government sought, and Judge Jones in due course granted, authority to
install a roving bug in Peluso's cellular telephone. This order was
renewed several times throughout 2004, as the government continued to
identify locations where Peluso and Ardito discussed family matters
and learned that the subjects were growing increasingly cautious of
government surveillance.

n January 2005, Peluso agreed to cooperate with the government's
investigation. At that point the government removed the listening
device in his cellular telephone and Peluso began recording
conversations with family members consensually by wearing a
microphone. On July 7, 2005, Peluso pleaded guilty, pursuant to a
cooperation agreement with the government, to a four-count
information, charging him with, among other things, engaging in a
pattern of racketeering activity."

Pizza God
May 31 2009, 04:37 PM
Kurt, just another example of how things can get twisted by reporters. I will only point out that the article quotes an individual that knows about this subject, or does he? That is really the question.

the fact still remains, someone the FBI did in fact put the spywear in those phones. I am more worried about the fact it can happen than how it actually does happen.

kkrasinski
May 31 2009, 08:26 PM
I am more worried about the fact it can happen than how it actually does happen.

Well, don't look now, but really, really old technology allows the FBI to tap your landline without your knowledge as well. ;-)

Lyle O Ross
Jun 01 2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry Brian, but Kurt is winning this one. I've heard the argument that there is an app that the FBI can download into any phone for their convenience, but I'm not seeing the evidence. If there is one thing I know for sure, if there's no evidence, it's not likely to be true. Things like this are hard to keep secret, even if the major news outlets ignore them.

Pizza God
Aug 12 2009, 04:01 PM
Air Guitar championships (http://www.time.com/time/video?bcpid=16767621001&bclid=1342094282&bctid=33415389001)

gotcha
Sep 11 2009, 12:35 AM
http://biggovernment.com/

“Taxpayers should be outraged that their money has gone to an organization that, in addition to facing charges of voter fraud and tax violations, is willing to facilitate prostitution,” King said. “As this video confirms, ACORN continues to operate as a criminal enterprise. Nancy Pelosi, John Conyers, Barney Frank and other Democrats on Capitol Hill continue to protect and fund ACORN while blocking Congressional hearings on ACORN’s operations and finances. Shielding ACORN from oversight ensures that this partisan criminal enterprise will continue its shady practices while collecting taxpayer funds.”
~ Congressman Steve King
(http://biggovernment.com/)

the camera guy
Sep 11 2009, 11:15 PM
frisbee is dangerous!!!

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2009/09/10/nas_547638.shtml

gotcha
Sep 14 2009, 10:24 PM
BREAKING: Senate Votes to Defund ACORN Housing (http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/14/breaking-senate-votes-to-defund-acorn/)

by Publius (http://biggovernment.com/author/publius) <!-- Article Start --> The Johanns Amendment (http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/14/johanns-amendment-would-defund-acorn/) # 2355 to H.R. 3288 passed by a margin of 83 to 7.
**UPDATE** View complete Senate vote here (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00275).
The seven �NAYs�:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> <tbody> <tr valign="top"> <td width="33%">Burris (D-IL)
Casey (D-PA)
Durbin (D-IL)</td> <td width="33%">Gillibrand (D-NY)
Leahy (D-VT)
Sanders (I-VT)</td> <td width="33%">Whitehouse (D-RI)</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> *****
From the Associated Press (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ANCH580&show_article=1):
WASHINGTON (AP) � The Senate voted Monday to block the Housing and Urban Development Department from giving grants to ACORN, a community organization under fire in several voter-registration fraud cases.The 83-7 vote would deny housing and community grant funding to ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.
The action came as the group is suffering from bad publicity after a duo of conservative activists posing as a prostitute and her pimp released hidden-camera videos in which ACORN employees in Baltimore gave advice on house-buying and how to account on tax forms for the woman�s income. Two other videos, aired frequently on media outlets such as the Fox News Channel, depict similar situations in ACORN offices in Brooklyn and Washington, D.C.
The Senate�s move would mean that ACORN would not be able to win HUD grants for programs such as counseling low-income people on how to get mortgages and for fair housing education and outreach.
Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb., said that ACORN has received $53 million in taxpayer funds since 1994 and that the group was eligible for a wider set of funding in the pending legislation, which funds housing and transportation programs.
Read the full article here (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ANCH580&show_article=1).

gotcha
Sep 15 2009, 12:20 PM
ACORN (http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/15/house-gop-to-call-for-total-cutoff-of-federal-funds-to-acorn/)

by Publius (http://biggovernment.com/author/publius) The Washington Examiner reports (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/House-GOP-to-call-for-total-cutoff-of-federal-funds-to-ACORN-59326682.html):
Today House Republicans will introduce a bill that would end all federal funding to ACORN and its affiliates. Republicans are also sending a letter to President Obama on the same subject.
The action comes after the release, on the website BigGovernment (http://biggovernment.com/), of three undercover videos showing ACORN employees in Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City offering advice on how to evade taxes, cover up prostitution activity, and abet the use of minors in prostitution. In the wake of those disclosures, the U.S. Census cut its ties with ACORN, and yesterday the Senate voted 83-7 to cut off housing funds for the organization. (more�) (http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/15/house-gop-to-call-for-total-cutoff-of-federal-funds-to-acorn/#more-2642)

bruce_brakel
Sep 15 2009, 01:16 PM
What is going on with ACORN is gotcha politics. The news media report on gotcha politics only when they are the instigators and Republicans are the victims.

Pizza God
Sep 19 2009, 09:44 PM
ACORN is finally being thrown under the bus, much needed.

The House voted to cut spending this week too.

Gov Jindal of LA also cut all State aid to ACORN this last week.

Fossil
Sep 22 2009, 09:51 AM
<div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/32960245#32960245" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">Breaking News</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">World News</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">News about the Economy</a></p></div>

Pizza God
Nov 05 2009, 03:30 PM
I though some of you would see the humor in this.

UPS Driver fired for NOT delivering Pot (http://jobs.aol.com/articles/photos/funny-business/2422237/)

Pizza God
Dec 11 2009, 12:34 PM
Ganja Gourmet: where you never want to stop eating

(http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13964319)

Pizza God
Jan 03 2010, 11:11 PM
I got this in an email, it does not really belong in the Jokes thread, so I figured this is as good a place as any.

Proofreading is a Dying Art these days!

Proofreading is a dying art, wouldn't you say?
Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter
This one I caught in the SGV Tribune the other day and called the Editorial Room and asked who wrote this. It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!! They put in a correction the next day.

<hr width="100%" align="center" size="2">

I just couldn't help but send this along. Too funny.
Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
No crap, really? Ya think?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
Now that's taking things a bit far!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
What a guy!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Miners Refuse to Work after Death
No-good-for-nothing' lazy so-and-so's!
------------------------------------------------------

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
See if that works any better than a fair trial!
----------------------------------------------------------

War Dims Hope for Peace
I can see where it might have that effect!
----------------------------------------------------------------

If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile
Ya think?!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
Who would have thought!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
They may be on to something!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges
You mean there's something stronger than duct tape?
----------------------------------------------------------

Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge
He probably IS the battery charge!
----------------------------------------------

New Study of Obesity Looks for LargerTest Group
Weren't they fat enough?!
-----------------------------------------------

Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
That's what he gets for eating those beans!
---------------- ---------------------------------

Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
Do they taste like chicken?

Local High SchoolDropouts Cut in Half
Chainsaw Massacre all over again!

Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
Boy, are they tall!

And the winner is....
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead

Did I read that right?