Dana
Mar 30 2008, 09:34 PM
Somehow I've picked up some bad form lately and ive been rolling my wrist a lot. I've been doing field work trying to work it out, but I'm having some dificulties. Anyone have any ideas? Any drills?

I think I am going to get a video camera and tape myself throwing, that may help point out the technique issue.

Thanks

readysetstab
Mar 30 2008, 10:31 PM
someone just asked about something similar on dgreview. i'll just copy and paste my response.

"go out and play with just a couple of rollers. some really understable stuff. or putters. after a while you'll make yourself keep them stable. then firebirds will be meat hooks again.

more than likely you're rolling your wrist over a bit (turning your hand clockwise if you're a righty). happens a lot when someone throws a lot of overstable plastic. it's a mental thing. you naturally try to compensate for the overstability. just work on keeping the disc level for a while (level, meaning on plane... no wrist movement.. follow the line of your arm) and throw hyzers."

lien83
Mar 31 2008, 03:00 PM
I think about my hand orientation through the follow-through specifically with my palm. Backhand follow through palm ends up facing up towards the sky or perpendicular with the ground with turnover, palm facing down or parallel for a hyzer.

Dana
Mar 31 2008, 07:13 PM
thanks guys. can anyone think of any drills i could do that would help?

readysetstab
Apr 02 2008, 06:59 AM
you might want to try moving the disc (orientation) in your palm up a bit. most people keep it along the seem of their hand, but when you move it above that a little bit you can keep your wrist straighter rather than turned down. the less wrist movement you have to think about the better until you conquer the roll over. not a drill obviously, but it may help.

also maybe try rolling the wrist under. ending with thumb down is another way of saying it. a lot of pros have figured this out for keeping discs stable in high winds and throwing big spike hyzers and such.