daltonseabolt
Mar 23 2008, 05:19 PM
I have heard this is a challenging course. :D:confused:

stanherrman
Mar 26 2008, 01:13 PM
I'll be playing the am tees this weekend. The course isn't too bad from that distance. From the back tees, Duncan Lake seems to be quite long. I've never played the temp. course, I hear it is shorter...

Many of the basket placements are extremely challenging. #9 is on a very windy point next to the lake, followed by #10 which is basically on a cliff. #14 is on top of a 10-foot hill with a deep creek not far in front. The 18th basket is also on a hill with cedars surrounding it.

jose
Mar 26 2008, 01:26 PM
Duncan Lake course is a shot maker's course. If you are good at making shots other that just crush hyzers you will do just fine at Duncan. It will let you know what you have. The wind is usually a factor on the lake course.

The temp course will make you be precise. It is considerable shorter and easier because of the shorter length a poor shot may not land as far from the hole as the lake course.

Most people appreciate playing a round on the temp course after the lake course has kicked them around.

The main thing is that this tourney is just fun. If you pack appropriately you will drive to the course Friday night and never have to leave again. Both courses are connected to the camping area, the pavillion is directly between both courses and the games on Friday night are a blast. I have had people come and camp on Friday night just to play doubles and play in the games because they had to work or something like that on Sunday and were not able to play in the tourney itself.

And... this year Joe had "Twisted" Saturday night into another great night with food and a live band. It is going to be very cool.

stanherrman
Mar 26 2008, 02:17 PM
Most people appreciate playing a round on the temp course after the lake course has kicked them around.

Sweet, I have something to look forward to :)

PeeWee23213
Mar 26 2008, 11:29 PM
This is a SWEEEEEET!! course even with the 20 or 40mph winds and more by the lake. Hey and if ya dont like that atleast come and camp out and try to go for the 10k Hole-in-one hole.Ill tell ya your going to miss out of a fun time its going to be a BLAST!!!!

PeeWee23213
Mar 26 2008, 11:31 PM
I consider this to be my fav course then it would have to be the Vetrans park in Arlition,TX.Im ready for DUNCAN!!! and ill be there in less then 20 hrs. WOOOOOO!!!!!

PeeWee23213
Mar 26 2008, 11:34 PM
Last year was a blast even with the monsoon we had in about 3hrs on that friday.I never seen it rain so freakin hard anywhere like that.I was mad that we didnt get to play the temp course last year.

daltonseabolt
Mar 26 2008, 11:59 PM
How about what tess is the advace players play,.

PeeWee23213
Mar 27 2008, 01:48 AM
They play the same as Pro.

jzumwalt
Mar 27 2008, 02:24 AM
I was out there this evening working and fishing :) and noticed that there are already several players camped out! Come out early and get an early start on the weekend and enjoy this great weather!

Twisted1
Mar 28 2008, 12:39 AM
Online reg is closed. Bags are almost packed. Bright and early we are ready to roll! See ya there.

DUBS and tournie sign ups Friday afternoon.

PeeWee23213
Apr 01 2008, 04:14 AM
Well it was a blast!!! in some ways it was.well you had to be there if dont know what im talking about or just keep your eyes on you tube im sure it will be there soon.I still had a FREAKIN BLAST!!!! Thank You joe for a SWEEET and TWISTED Duncan Hillclimber. I cant wait for next year to camp play golf and run for the 20k hole and also maybe not get DUCKED TAPED you ppl know what im talkin about.

dryhistory
Apr 01 2008, 07:59 PM
Well it was a blast!!! in some ways it was.well you had to be there if dont know what im talking about or just keep your eyes on you tube im sure it will be there soon.I still had a FREAKIN BLAST!!!! Thank You joe for a SWEEET and TWISTED Duncan Hillclimber. I cant wait for next year to camp play golf and run for the 20k hole and also maybe not get DUCKED TAPED you ppl know what im talkin about.

wow, that really happened :eek:

lazlong
Apr 02 2008, 02:26 AM
All I want is my $5 teague.

Oh yeah, had a great and twisted time. Even though I basically stayed awake for 48 hours i wouldn't miss it for the world next year