scottknapp
Mar 22 2008, 05:58 PM
What if someone reports a rules violation to a TD with intent for the violator to get disqualified. Then you find out the accusers didn't see what they claim to have seen. Should the accusers be punished?
If someone gets caught drinking they get DQed, and more than likely will end up on 6 months probation.
If someone tries to get someone DQed for drinking, but never saw them drinking, shouldn't they be DQed and put on probation for 6 months as well?

veganray
Mar 24 2008, 03:02 PM
If I were the TD, I'd DQ him in a heartbeat. 804.05.A.3 would provide justification, IMHO.

crgadyk
Mar 24 2008, 03:21 PM
I think I would DQ him just for being a tattle tale :D

bruce_brakel
Mar 24 2008, 03:25 PM
What if someone reports a rules violation to a TD with intent for the violator to get disqualified. Then you find out the accusers didn't see what they claim to have seen. Should the accusers be punished?
If someone gets caught drinking they get DQed, and more than likely will end up on 6 months probation.
If someone tries to get someone DQed for drinking, but never saw them drinking, shouldn't they be DQed and put on probation for 6 months as well?

First of all, you don't have to DQ someone for drinking. More people ought to read the rules.

sschumacher
Mar 24 2008, 03:43 PM
I think you should DQ them for not sharing and not bringing enough for everyone. :D

scottknapp
Mar 24 2008, 04:56 PM
First of all, you don't have to DQ someone for drinking. More people ought to read the rules.

Really?

crotts
Mar 24 2008, 05:18 PM
A. A player shall be disqualified by the director for meeting any of the necessary conditions of disqualification as set forth in the rules, or for any of the following:

(4) Activities which are in violation of the law or park regulation or disc golf course rule, including the illegal consumption of drugs or alcohol. Directors are granted the discretion to disqualify a player based on the severity of the offending conduct. An official warning of disqualification may be issued by a director where appropriate.

: ) :

tbender
Mar 24 2008, 05:41 PM
So, 4 contradicts A?

And on topic, inventing a DQ should carry the same punishment, if not more just for the outright dishonesty.

CRUISER
Mar 24 2008, 05:41 PM
In our park it is not illegal to consume alchohol.

tiltedhalo
Mar 24 2008, 06:09 PM
So on private courses, there is no reason it shouldn't be legal to drink during a PDGA sanctioned tourney if the course owner and tourney director don't mind. Right?

audi12
Mar 24 2008, 06:11 PM
but you have to remeber that it is to the TD discretion.

krupicka
Mar 24 2008, 06:24 PM
Actually the competition manual specifies no alcohol between the 2minute warning and card being turned in.

otimechamp
Mar 24 2008, 06:32 PM
Scott any word on dubs yet?

scottknapp
Mar 24 2008, 06:59 PM
Right now my weekday off is Thursdays. But that may change. That being said, Doubles will start the week of April 21-24. The day of the week is yet to be determined.
Sorry for the thread drift ya'll!

scottknapp
Mar 24 2008, 07:01 PM
I guess it would be hard to prove that someone deliberately lied. They could always claim to have been mistaken.

otimechamp
Mar 24 2008, 07:23 PM
this is true.

skaZZirf
Mar 25 2008, 01:30 PM
Drama.

Captain
Mar 25 2008, 02:12 PM
If people would follow the rules during PDGA events there would be a lot less drama!!!

veganray
Mar 25 2008, 03:19 PM
Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules! :D

scottknapp
Mar 25 2008, 05:41 PM
If people would follow the rules during PDGA events there would be a lot less drama!!!

This is true too. Following rules is very important.
I am not trying to start any drama in this public forum. But I think that if you go to a TD and say you saw something, then you should be sure that you saw what you say you saw. When folks accuse other folks of breaking the rules without any proof, then things will get out of hand. I have no problem with warning folks on the first offense, and then giving them a consequence for a second offense (of the same rule broken).