BrandonYoung
Mar 19 2008, 06:59 PM
What is the PDGA's policy on steroids?

Jeff_LaG
Mar 19 2008, 07:06 PM
804.05 Disqualification and Suspension <ul type="square"> A. A player shall be disqualified by the director for meeting any of the necessary conditions of disqualification as set forth in the rules, or for any of the following:

(4) Activities which are in violation of the law or park regulation or disc golf course rule, including the illegal consumption of drugs or alcohol. Directors are granted the discretion to disqualify a player based on the severity of the offending conduct. An official warning of disqualification may be issued by a director where appropriate.[/list]

wsfaplau
Mar 19 2008, 07:17 PM
A player cannot be disqualified for steriods unless he/she is foolish enough to shoot up during the tourament. Since that isn't how steriods work I don't see that happening.

A player taking steriods a week or month before the tourney cannot be disqualified anymore than a player smoking pot or sniffing cocaine a week before the tourney can.

In short..don't do it at the tourney and steriods are perfectly legal in the eyes of the PDGA under the current rules.

That being said..they are incredibly dangerous and you would be a fool to use them.

BrandonYoung
Mar 19 2008, 07:18 PM
Still, very hard to prove and its advantage is evident.

mgaffney
Mar 19 2008, 07:27 PM
HGH would be where its at :Dincreased fast twitch muscles and better eyesight but cost prohibitive for most :mad:

krazybronco
Mar 19 2008, 10:17 PM
this is like talking about ball golfers taking steroids really i dont see any advantages in taking steroids we are not trying to run faster, hit someother guy on the offencive line or even trying to hit something that is moving at 80-90 miles and hour

so we dont need exellent vision just good enough to see a chain link about 20ft

o yeah did i mention it will shrink your package (just remember that)

reallybadputter
Mar 19 2008, 10:23 PM
Right... like having more endurance so that when you're walking 36 holes on a hilly course in 95 degree weather doesn't help at all...

cgkdisc
Mar 20 2008, 12:30 AM
Now here's where doping can really matter????
http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/billiard-player-accused-of-doping/20080317163709990001

KMcKinney
Mar 24 2008, 09:23 PM
Less competiton at the Master level, I'm for it.