jparmley
Mar 19 2008, 02:26 PM
FYI CenTex - Ben Brook DGC is one of the best in the area. Great course design which incorporates water on 12 of the 18 holes. Very similar to Kyle DGC in design and distance with a creek running through the entire course. There is a mix of tunnel and open shots and the course actually has very little cedar (hell yeah!). I just posted the course on the PDGA Course Directory and it should be approved shortly. Here are the directions:

From Austin - take I35 North to FM1431. Turn left (west) and go to old 183. Turn right (north) on old 183 until you see the new HEB Grocery. Turn left (west) on FM2243 until Bagdad Rd. Turn right (north) on Bagdad - course is approx 2 miles on your right.

The boxes are shredded cedar and the course is a little hard to navigate - an experienced golfer should be able to make their way. Make the road trip - combine Ben Brook and Wilco into an all day affair. They're only about 12 minutes from each other.

chuckles
Mar 20 2008, 01:01 AM
Played this course today and it is a good one. It is a cross between Cat Hollow and Kyle. This course is a work in progress but is still very playable. The tee boxes were washed out (wood chips) but all in all worth the trip to play. The Parks guys were out there putting boards across the creek and explained that maps and tee signs are in the works. Everyone need to check this one out!!!!

jparmley
Mar 20 2008, 10:46 AM
What's up Charlie! This course grows on you everytime you play it. Seven's box is difficult to find (you cross the creek then throw a RH Hyzer or thumber completely blind...I think opening a hole through the thicket giving you another option, not to mention a line of sight would be good).

Maybe the City of Leander will put in concrete eventually...since the entire course could flood during a heavy rain, concrete would be the way to go.