JHBlader86
Mar 08 2008, 03:19 AM
Obviously they cant make a living from disc golf, except Climo, but I'm curious what they do for cash when not touring.

colin-evans
Mar 08 2008, 04:22 PM
Schwebby said on the pdga radio show he delivers Pizzas.
I am a graphicdad, graphic designer, artist than top level mid level disc golfer. :cool:

okcacehole
Mar 08 2008, 04:42 PM
the long lost angry clown became a roofer :)

most that I know don't work...$10-$20K on the books and much more off in side bets, games, minis, unsanctioned events and

living a frugal lifestyle

cgkdisc
Mar 08 2008, 05:04 PM
I believe KC did construction at one point and may still do that. Until he retired, Scott Martin was considered the best player in the world with a real job I think as production manager perhaps? Dr. Rick is a physician. Peter Shive is/was a professor maybe not doing that full-time now. Elaine King is a Sr Research Scientist for a pharm company. Jim Myers does something with communications cabling. Tom Monroe runs Disc Golf Warehouse and installs playground equipment along with a handful of course designs a year. Juliana has done software and web work while she was touring and continues doing work in that area. Jay & Des do the EDGE programs and other clinics on tour. Snapper Pierson started and has built up likely the most successful pay-for-play facility at Morley Field. Some of these players may not currently be top Open Pros but are/were World champs and still did these jobs when they were the top dogs.

ChrisSchmidt
Mar 08 2008, 09:31 PM
Justin Bunnell works full time for GDS 40+ hours a week. Thats why you only see him play tournments close to the lou. Im sure he will take down people when the tour goes through there or around there.

Chris Schmidt
TEAM GDS

bschweberger
Mar 09 2008, 08:38 PM
I am a graphicdad, graphic designer, artist than top level mid level disc golfer. :cool:

knock....knock....knock...get the door it's Domino's

marshief
Mar 09 2008, 10:42 PM

or FedEx if you're Mose :)

schick
Mar 09 2008, 11:23 PM

Some have a nice SUGAR momma to help out the disc golf habit! :D

the_kid
Mar 09 2008, 11:39 PM

Something every disc golfer should have for sure. :D

JRauch
Mar 09 2008, 11:45 PM

And some may have a Brown Sugar momma /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif cough... cough... Cox

bschweberger
Mar 10 2008, 06:16 PM

I pay my half of the bills.

cgkdisc
Mar 10 2008, 07:39 PM
The big guy at the door scares his customers into really nice tips... :D

bschweberger
Mar 10 2008, 08:50 PM
The big guy at the door scares his customers into really nice tips... :D

Actually, that is what all my Co-Workers say, since I get more in Tips by a long shot. That is really funny that you said that.

crotts
Mar 10 2008, 08:54 PM
better tips with or without the hair?

: ) :

veganray
Mar 10 2008, 08:56 PM
When some freak chicken-wings a large Brooklyn Style from the curb, through the window, onto the table, and the box lands perfectly open, you TIP!

otimechamp
Mar 10 2008, 09:06 PM
When some freak chicken-wings a large Brooklyn Style from the curb, through the window, onto the table, and the box lands perfectly open, you TIP!

LOL....you should always tip giant mullets

johnbiscoe
Mar 10 2008, 10:12 PM
i expect that quote to be added to all of schweb's profiles on all sites!!

Mar 11 2008, 10:06 AM

Now that's funny... do all of his pizza's have a big "thumber print" on them where the pepperoni's suposed to be?

bschweberger
Mar 11 2008, 10:24 AM
better tips with or without the hair?

: ) :

almost the same

bschweberger
Mar 11 2008, 10:25 AM

You must be talking about Virtual P B and J

Luke Butch
Mar 11 2008, 08:53 PM

when I was delivering newspapers I could throw them from mid-driveway and they landed right in front of the door everytime

otimechamp
Mar 11 2008, 09:16 PM

You must be talking about Virtual P B and J

J? U dont chicken wing only rusty tubbs do that kind of stuff

mikeP
Mar 12 2008, 11:56 AM
JohnE McCray lays tile...he may be the best golfer with a 40+ hour a week job. Hopefull some day our touring pros will earn a living and our "local pros with jobs" will be a true amatuer/semi-pro division, instead of a "pay the touring pros" division.

cgkdisc
Mar 12 2008, 12:28 PM
I think Mike Randolph might also be in that discussion working as an engineer. Does Steve Rico work fulltime in his family construction business Ikon or is he more of a part-timer including being sponsored by them?

Mar 21 2008, 01:05 AM
Steve works full-time for Ikon, pouring concrete during the day then trying to squeak in a round before sunset.

lien83
Mar 21 2008, 12:30 PM
Ya Mikey is an Engineer/Surveyor for Carter Burgess in Denver. Still holds the title as best player with a full-time day job

citysmasher
Mar 21 2008, 01:11 PM
"Mom makes me take out the trash" does not count as a "job".

tbender
Mar 23 2008, 01:02 PM
Ya Mikey is an Engineer/Surveyor for Carter Burgess in Denver. Still holds the title as best player with a full-time day job

Jacobs Carter & Burgess now. Kat, my wife, works for them here in Houston.

CSharp24270
Mar 24 2008, 01:02 AM
Feldberg is teaching disc golf at the University of Oregon.

ChrisWoj
Mar 24 2008, 01:41 PM

"still"? Wouldn't it be a newish title with Scott Martin only recently semi-retired from the game?

cornhuskers9495
Mar 24 2008, 01:56 PM
"Mom makes me take out the trash" does not count as a "job".

:D

cornhuskers9495
Mar 24 2008, 02:02 PM
Randolph is definately the best golfer with a full-Y.

If we had more golfers that carried themselves like Mikey does, This sport would only be better...

vinnie
Mar 25 2008, 03:20 PM
I've worked at Dell for 20 years......but I don't call myself a top player........and according to the powers that be....Texas doesn't have golfers little less top players.
Has anyone seen our N.T.?

LouMoreno
Mar 25 2008, 03:24 PM
Has anyone seen our N.T.?

Check Tasker's place. It's probably in a box with the <font color="red"> RED ROCK OF SHAME </font> .

cgkdisc
Mar 27 2008, 12:04 PM
Guess who turns 40 today? Never seen him post but if he did he probably should have a nice crown instead of that birthday cake by his avatar...

MTL21676
Mar 27 2008, 12:08 PM
Who is it?

accidentalROLLER
Mar 27 2008, 12:28 PM
I would guess Climo
hopefully, he'll play in master's and force all the top-level master's players into Open where they should be.

cgkdisc
Mar 27 2008, 12:45 PM
I heard he would play Masters only at the U.S. Masters Championship since there's no Open division there.

MTL21676
Mar 27 2008, 01:34 PM
Guess who turns 40 today? Never seen him post but if he did he probably should have a nice crown instead of that birthday cake by his avatar...

ah, kenny.

I've seen him post about 15 - 20 times.

skaZZirf
Mar 27 2008, 02:24 PM
I would guess Climo
hopefully, he'll play in master's and force all the top-level master's players into Open where they should be.

Best post all week!!!!

tonyh
Mar 27 2008, 07:31 PM
or Kenny can show how ridiculous protected divisions are, or we will see what new protected divisions are created, or I guess like someone posted above.. we will see a flock of masters playing open.

stack
Mar 27 2008, 07:54 PM
someone should buy Kenny an orange hat for his birthday!

accidentalROLLER
Mar 27 2008, 09:18 PM
someone should buy Kenny an orange hat for his birthday!

and a big plate. :eek:
Now that's funny.

skaZZirf
Mar 28 2008, 12:00 AM
YEEEEAHHERRRRR

stack
Mar 28 2008, 12:50 AM
http://www.assf.net/fisheries/loch_insch/img93.jpg http://www.costumesofnashua.com/CNWebSite105/Active905/Pages/CostumeRental/Austin60s70s/Pics%20Austin1970s/AustinHM784313Orange.jpg

skaZZirf
Mar 28 2008, 12:51 AM
Thats awesome...should get that instead of the green jacket

cgkdisc
Mar 28 2008, 11:23 AM
Barry B-Day today. Something about Aries and World Champs? Other Aries Champs: Joe Mela &amp; Jim Oates. Good sign for future Aries Champs - Feldberg &amp; Schweb?

bschweberger
Mar 28 2008, 11:26 AM
one day I will get back to the Worlds

tkieffer
Mar 28 2008, 12:12 PM
or Kenny can show how ridiculous protected divisions are, or we will see what new protected divisions are created, or I guess like someone posted above.. we will see a flock of masters playing open.

Nope. Never happen.

As a 920 rated Master, I have no problem if someone who is 40 choses to come over regardlesss of rating. The posts on this board have repeatedly shown that it is the Open guys who have a problem with it, not the Masters. We wouldn't move back to Open, wouldn't complain, and would all get along just fine, thank you.

johnbiscoe
Mar 28 2008, 01:17 PM
i too am a master and i agree completely.

xterramatt
Mar 28 2008, 01:26 PM
one day I will get back to the Worlds

There's a seat in the van if you want it. All you gotta do is ask.

MTL21676
Mar 28 2008, 01:31 PM
Masters should be offered at almost every tournament, unless it is a very short course. Typically there are no master disadvantages on a course with an SSA of 49 or lower.

jmonny
Mar 28 2008, 01:45 PM
Barry B-Day today. Something about Aries and World Champs? Other Aries Champs: Joe Mela &amp; Jim Oates. Good sign for future Aries Champs - Feldberg &amp; Schweb?

Lordy, Lordy...Kenny's forty.
I'm an Aries too..so I got that goin for me. :cool: