Presser
Feb 27 2008, 05:45 PM
I was wondering if you need a rating to attend an A-tier event? If not, what decides what division I would play? I do not currently have one and I am planning on attending the Majestic later this year.

Thanks!

stack
Feb 27 2008, 05:59 PM
you dont need a rating but you do need to be a PDGA member which I assume you already know.

best bet is to contact the TD and have them help you decided where you fit in. They'll probably ask how long you've been playing and what type of scores you've shot at the tourney course(s) and other courses.

If you arent rated its ultimately up to the TD to decide which division you should be in... if you have no rating but consistenly beat local 'pros' ranked in the 1000s ... the TD has every right to make you play in a particular division if you were to pick Intermediate or something like that.

welcome to the world of PDGA disc golf!

Presser
Feb 27 2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks!

ck34
Feb 27 2008, 07:01 PM
If you are playing any events before April 1, you'll probably have a rating in the April update which will help determine your options. Even if you play events in April or May that aren't officially rated before the Majestic, you can look at the unofficial ratings online and see where you fit.