suemac
Feb 25 2008, 04:45 PM
Okay, I will be posting the flyer shortly, but the awards will be at the Brittmore Ice House as in year's past. They will be firing up the pit for those folks wanting a great steak after those fun rounds.

suemac
Feb 25 2008, 05:07 PM
The Moffitt Show founded by our beloved Father Dave!

9th Annual

Saturday March 1st

Two rounds of 19 holes at Agnes Moffitt Park, Houston,

Benefiting the HFDS Tournament Sponsorship Fund

This tournament features the famous �5 Card Stroke� Game!

Entry Fees:

Pro Open - $33 Pro Masters - $28
Advanced & Advanced Masters - $23
Intermediate - $19 Recreational - $16

Ace Pot $1 Per Round
Mulligans $1 Per Round

Tournament Directors: Jeff Moore and Larry Kruse

Saturday Sign-up begins at 8:30am closes at 9:30am
Players Meeting at 10:00am � Tee-off at 10:15am
This event will close at 95 players!
<font color="red"> Awards party at Brittmore Ice House as always and they will be grill'n steaks for those who want some good grub after a long day of golf. </font>

Okay, I'll ask... what is "the famous '5 Card Stroke' Game"?
Each player gets a pack of 5 cards.

During the course of the tournament, usually the second round, you "play" the cards on each other (but typically the card leader) and force them to have to make a crazy/trick shot.

The five shots are:

Roller (can't be used on a putt though)
Thumber
Overhead/Pancake
Sidearm
Opposite hand putt

Obviously, if you have a lot of trick shots in your repetoire, you come out OK, but it always seems safer to not be the card leader going into the second round!

We also install a 19th basket out on the course.

Its a ton of fun (in the spirit of Father Dave) and it's for a good cause - the HFDS Tournament Sponsorship Fund is what HFDS uses to send sponsorship funds to the various tournaments around the state.

ching_lizard
Feb 29 2008, 05:57 PM
Looks like we'll have great weather for the Moffitt Show tomorrow.

I hope to see everyone out there in the morning! :D

seewhere
Mar 06 2008, 05:37 PM
scores??? :D

ching_lizard
Mar 06 2008, 06:16 PM
Maybe later...maybe next week Cdub. :D

I've got stuff to take care of in Round Top this weekend.

tbender
Mar 06 2008, 06:53 PM
scores??? :D

Scores (http://www.hfds.org/cgi/discus/show.cgi?tpc=30&amp;post=22107#POST22107)

ching_lizard
Mar 06 2008, 07:37 PM
Yeeee-haaaaaa!

Thanks TB! I'd completely forgotten that I got 'em posted up on the HFDS message board!

I've got to plug in the scores for the women on it, but I'll get to it next week for sure. Sorry to slight the women, but I must've overlooked them when building the spreadsheet because all 3 women ended up playing in single person divisions. I DID get their payout entered, but forgot to include their scores. (my bad...:()

seewhere
Mar 07 2008, 10:32 AM
thanks TB ,

way to go matchu nice 1st win congrats

tonyh
Mar 19 2008, 06:53 PM
THAT IS right seewhere it was really awesome when the other winners got there stuff and left..... just gets you right there in the ticker. sniff sniff.

suemac
Mar 20 2008, 12:39 PM
Boo Hoo to you, Chu, and welcome to the board.

tonyh
Mar 20 2008, 06:51 PM
the sting is gone... I found some kids to give my autograph out to before I went home.