Grog
Feb 23 2008, 08:33 AM
Stacey has finished compiling the membership roster for SADC. I wish to post it to our website, www.sanantoniodiscclub.com (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com) so that everyone will be able to contact other members but....

before I do that. Everyone realize the roster has phone numbers and e-mail addresses. If you wish to not have this info published contact me please. Reply to this thread, PM me, email me (my addy is in my profile), call me, etc. For example you will see my email on the roster when published, but not my phone. You will also find it on the hard copy of the roster that will be distributed to members. I have no problem giving out my number when asked, I just do not wish for anonymous visitors to our website to have it. :D

Madfrolfer
Feb 24 2008, 02:39 AM
When I was in England, we had a contact list online. That way people in the area who happened across our page could contact us if they wanted to learn about, or meet up for some golf. Maybe posting a full members list might not be a great idea, but a few volunteers who don't mind have an e-mail address or phone number listed could be good.

Grog
Feb 24 2008, 10:28 AM
As I explained to Scott in an email. In retrospect, the list would be on a seperate server that I have control over. The info is actually behind two fire walls, its in https, requires a secured link to access, and requires a username and password. If you think I'm not security conscience you better think again. My professional life is staked on it.

It doesn't even have to be published. We can just give copies out to everyone, my idea was just to make it easier access for members. I'm not doing anything with the info until I hear from enough people. I may just make it a name only list if people wish that alternative. So far the nays lead 3 to 0. (I'm not voting nor campaigning.)

Frolfer,
Just in case you missed the above on the other thread. I fully appreciate everyone's concern, thus the reason I'm not campaigning for it. It's just an idea spawned by remarks that in the past no contact informations was available for other organizations; and I'm giving the facts of my abilities. The website is about the members and I will comply with what they wish. I might even say this may not be a majority issue since this involves peoples personal concerns. Your idea is definitely a viable one and I for one would be more than willing to pass on infomation from one member to another if asked. If anyone wants my personal info, ask, I'll send it to you in a PM I won't post it on the messageboard. If you ask me for someone elses, I'll PM and let them know they need to contact you.

Simply put if I wasn't concerned for everyone's safety I wouldn't have started this thread.

That and the fact disc coach is already looking to tp my house :D.

What is it with these teachers, one whipped my butt yesterday at LO and the other is looking to pass on some Charmin. Be afraid people be very afraid :cool:

Keep discin'
G