suemac
Feb 19 2008, 07:11 PM
A little bird told me that the baskets will be installed on The Links course Saturday morning. Per Neal Dambra, the course will Officially open for play with baskets at 1pm Saturday, February 23rd.

Remember, this is a country club, you must check in at club house. The dress code also means collared shirts and no denim jeans. Also closed on Mondays.

Once again, if you get to play any of these courses before States, THE LINKS is the must see course. You will be glad you did!

suemac
Feb 20 2008, 02:29 PM
From Neal Dambra, 2008 TxSDGC TD, regarding Pull carts:

First of all, I would like to note that Quail Valley Country Club has been extremely accommodating to almost every one of our requests regarding disc golf on their premises. I think this is an exceptional venue for disc golf and we are trying to work with them in a non-intrusive, business like way, that may lead to an ongoing presence of our sport there. I have asked QVCC about pull cart usage three times, offering varying scenarios including special arrangements for that weekend only. The answer is always no. I felt like one of my teenagers who keeps asking me for the same thing over and over again in a different way hoping I would change my mind. Believe me, I have tried...and this whole cart issue, with players, QVCC and the PDGA, has taken up about 15 hours of time which I would have rather have spent doing other things for the event. Their policy has been made clear to me: pull carts are not allowed for ball golfers or disc golfers at any time. If they make an exception for us for any reason they will be put in a position to justify that decision to ball golfers and ball golf tournament organizers who want to use pull carts. While we can easily create and understand sensible justifications, they are not us, and they will be the ones who will have to spend the time and effort explaining it to their Members and clients. While ball golfers have the option of a motorized golf cart, we do not because the PDGA will not allow us to use motorized carts by players or caddies unless everyone has equal access. This is practically not possible due to cost and supply. This is not QVCC�s fault. Why should QVCC change a 37 year tradition and policy while our own organization is unable (for justifiable reasons) to be flexible? I am hoping players will help us out this year and carry their bags (or get a caddy) and once we get more established at the venue, QVCC may someday consider changing their rules for disc golfers. However, I will have one more (FINAL) conversation with QVCC about the issue. I will make an announcement on www.TexasStates.org (http://www.TexasStates.org) if anything changes. For now, plan on carrying at TxSDGC. Thanks for your upcoming sacrifice (bag carrying), and your continued support and participation at TxSDGC.-- ND

vinnie
Mar 03 2008, 11:26 AM
thinking about heading down this weekend to check out the QV.
suggestions?
inpuTT?
directions?
Anyone?

vinnie
Mar 03 2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe I could get danger to show me around.....then I could kill two birds with one trip down

vinnie
Mar 03 2008, 01:19 PM
heck if I can Rob E and Danger to show me the course ...I'D be killing 3 birds with one trip :D

suemac
Mar 03 2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone wanting better, more complete information should check out the new and improved website:

www.TexasStates.org (http://www.TexasStates.org)

Good golfing to everybody.

the_kid
Mar 03 2008, 05:44 PM
heck if I can Rob E and Danger to show me the course ...I'D be killing 3 birds with one trip :D

I'll drive down to see you kill some birds.

vinnie
Mar 04 2008, 10:11 AM
I'll will let you know my schedule....but with bird hunting you have to surprise em to get em to fly /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

suemac
Mar 04 2008, 02:13 PM
How do you hunt for snakes in the grass?

tbender
Mar 04 2008, 03:59 PM
Spike hyzers. Cuts their heads clean off. ;)

We saw no snakes on #5 (or elsewhere on the course) this week.

suemac
Mar 04 2008, 04:39 PM
We were speaking of human varmits TBender. :o

You know, the ones who slide around on their bellies. :eek:
The lower than low. :confused:

I know there are some (at least one) lurking in that neighborhood, so beware!

Hide your children and animals. :o :D :o

travisgreenway
Mar 04 2008, 07:24 PM
We saw one on hole 4 by the edge of the water Eric almost hit him with the disc and when he went to get he spotted it :oGlad it wasn't me I would have screamed like a girl :eek:

suemac
Mar 05 2008, 06:02 PM
And I bet you didn't have an extra pair of panties with you either. :D The one's I've seen are very big, and easy to see and STAY AWAY from.

travisgreenway
Mar 07 2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah if snakes were brught orange and blikned like an octapus I wouldn't be scared of em :obut I always seem to throw right by one in a bush or under a log.....notice... I would not have these diffculites if I could stay in the fairway

suemac
Mar 10 2008, 08:15 PM
From Neal:

You Want Measurements, We Got Measurements!
Monday, March 10, 2008

Wow! Eric Jubin went nuts with the laser and did a truly professional job on our measurements. With water in play on 26 of the 54 holes (15 on the LINKS) this is a good reference to have in your bag. You can access the measurements list at www.TexasStates.org (http://www.TexasStates.org) and print for the tournament. Keep both the Blue and Red tee sheets on hand as some of the drop zones are the Red tees.

Remember the old saying, "Discretion is the Better Part of Valor"...in other words, there's nothing wrong with laying up if you're not sure, and this guide will really help you make those decisions.

travisgreenway
Apr 03 2008, 12:07 PM
Looks like T-Dogg is not going to make states (couldn't find another athletic trainer to cover my games that sat.) :mad:

I may see yall sunday anyway :D

ching_lizard
Apr 03 2008, 12:59 PM
W H A T ? ? ? ? ! ! ! ! !

That's a real bummer Dogg! You've been one of the Commando Mini's biggest supporters for the last several months too!!

I sure am sorry to read this...but I wish you well.

Look forward to getting to play a round with you and Jack at Spring Valley in a couple of weeks! Keep the faith brother! :O

travisgreenway
Apr 03 2008, 01:11 PM
I'll prolly be there sunday reguardless if I am playing or not so you may see me and Jack watching YOU :cool::eek: from the woods in the golf cart :p

See ya at the Valley

ching_lizard
Apr 03 2008, 01:17 PM
Woods? :D

What woods? You better bring a snorkel and a pack of water-proof matches! :D

See ya out there Travis!

tonyh
Apr 03 2008, 07:32 PM
bring Birdie as that is all I shall see of birdies this weekend.

BirdieMOjo