Feb 16 2008, 08:23 AM
:cool:AWESOME :cool:

BobHarris
Feb 18 2008, 12:52 AM
Two Finger Flounder
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1089/att1jh5.jpg

keldog
Feb 18 2008, 09:53 AM
how did them tee pads hold up after the flood?

twoputtok
Feb 18 2008, 10:00 AM
Thats not you standing in the back, is it Watson? :o:D

twoputtok
Feb 18 2008, 10:01 AM
You guys need to stock up on a lot of Dragon's. :D

evandmckee
Feb 18 2008, 04:57 PM
That was an incredibly fun round, and we did use Dragons and some floating Lightning stuff.........playing in waders knee deep in water is intense, hard to get the x-step like that and the waders feel like you have resistance bands strapped to your arms :D

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :D

I didn't lose any plastic, close but all came home, shot a 70 in those conditions with only 1 "screw that shot" mulligan

I believe Barry Joe shot a 66 or 68

Thanks to Bob, Barry Joe and Ganzel for instigating each other to actually play in those conditions..........that'll be a round that I'll always remember :cool:

Darrel and Wookie are wimps /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D

evandmckee
Feb 18 2008, 05:02 PM
how did them tee pads hold up after the flood?

seemed to be OK, there was 1 that after the water had receded had about an inch of real gooey mud all over it, real slick, the others even when wet the traction was good, the water was receding back into the lake fairly fast, that was some intense rain..........just pray that it doesn't happen again the day of or before an event, probably a semi-rare occurence

twoputtok
Feb 18 2008, 05:05 PM
Those end up being some of the most fun rounds a guy can have. We had water like that at Haikey once.
I can seriously say it is the only time I have seen catfish in the fairway, not dead, but swimming. :D

sschumacher
Feb 18 2008, 05:20 PM
Didn't your mommy let you play in the mud when you were a kid? ;)

twoputtok
Feb 18 2008, 05:48 PM
You must have gas again, there are words coming out of your arse. :o

keldog
Feb 18 2008, 07:02 PM
Thats not you standing in the back, is it Watson? :o:D

No,I was at Haikey in 2003,that was a nuff for me. :D

m_conners
Feb 18 2008, 07:56 PM
I remember that flood...i have a picture of it somewhere.

I remember my brother tried to drive into Haikey and his engine stalled out because the water was flowing over his hood.

racerb491
Feb 18 2008, 09:43 PM
Darrel and Wookie are wimps

:oand your point is?

evandmckee
Feb 18 2008, 11:38 PM
Darrel and Wookie are wimps

:oand your point is?

just pointing out the obvious ;)

actually ya'll were probably smart to stay warm at home

see ya this weekend

it's HORSESHOE CANYON ICE BOWL time :cool:

Randal
Mar 20 2008, 05:25 PM
for all who will be attending the LBV tournament come early and use the front parking area off hwy 71, limited parking so you'll need to beat the walkers to the park. back parking lot(direction on flyer is to back parking area) walk way access to hole one has been closed, this may change come Sat. but for now access closed.

AlmaWillie
Mar 24 2008, 04:18 PM
I can not say that I enjoyed my round, but I can say it was an experience I will not soon forget. And I have a pic from the <u>Morning News</u> to remind me that I can still putt (from 15 ft ):)

<font color="red"> By the way you are in there too Evan!! </font>

My only complaints would be Hole #6 (I think) that is 351ft par 4. It just did not seem to have a "line" at all to hit. Seemed like a "crap shoot" through the woods. And hole 18, 1100ft hole, which is simply too long for me to enjoy. I do not have enough arm to even make it interesting, as I have almost no chance to make it in five (250ft average throw times four =1,000ft, gotta hit a 100'er to get the five). But, that is why this course is a championship caliber course.
I do not want this to sound like a bad shot at the course. It is definetely an awesome course and will be even better as it gets some age on it and gets refined more. I will be back to more tourneys here, and will now have a score to better each time!
I am glad I was able to support the tourney. Great job on setting it up!
THANK YOU!

evandmckee
Mar 24 2008, 05:31 PM
I can not say that I enjoyed my round, but I can say it was an experience I will not soon forget. And I have a pic from the <u>Morning News</u> to remind me that I can still putt (from 15 ft ):)

<font color="red"> By the way you are in there too Evan!! </font>

I'm a disc golf celebrity :)

anyone with copies of this, me and Willie will autograph them for a nominal fee, all that we ask is for everyone to make a line and be orderly about it :D

Awesome Tournament, Awesome Course, Awesome TD's, Awesome Club and Volunteers to make the course happen

Arkansas' newer courses are sweet, Hot Springs, Russelville and Bella Vista are all of higher caliber than your average pitch and putt

Willie, as far as #6, the landing zones were unfortunately in pools of water

short rhbh annie with a mid range, keep it in the middle of the small fairway, hyzer shot to end of fairway breaking thru to have a look at it or at least a shot to lay up

there are a few small gaps from the middle of the fairway that you could make a short cut through (risk/reward)

I personaly love this hole, what makes it unique (imo) is that you have to think, can't just rip a drive.........

however I did hear a few other people that didn't get that hole either, it can't be no worst than the upside down V hole, I liked that one too

Randal
Mar 24 2008, 05:53 PM
My only complaints would be Hole #6 (I think) that is 351ft par 4. It just did not seem to have a "line" at all to hit. Seemed like a "crap shoot" through the woods. And hole 18, 1100ft hole, which is simply too long for me to enjoy. I do not have enough arm to even make it interesting, as I have almost no chance to make it in five (250ft average throw times four =1,000ft, gotta hit a 100'er to get the five). But, that is why this course is a championship caliber course.
I do not want this to sound like a bad shot at the course. It is definetely an awesome course and will be even better as it gets some age on it and gets refined more. I will be back to more tourneys here, and will now have a score to better each time!
I am glad I was able to support the tourney. Great job on setting it up!
THANK YOU!

I understand your feelings on 6 and that is why its a par 4, if we cut the gap any wider its just another par 3 for rightys. if you approuch it with a 3 in mind but hit early wood your thinking should quickly go to 4, meaning you still have 3 shots for par our disc golf mind has had par 3 burned into it. this course will change the way you think as fare as golf goes. and 18 does have an AM pad of 800 par 5 but when you have a tournament every one must shoot the same pads so it can be properly rated. happy to hear all the great reviews on the course and I'm glad you enjoyed it. when you come thru call and will see if we can play a round